Sephora Instant Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Other

2.8

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, PEG-8, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Silica, D-Limonene, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Salicylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is definitely my favourite moisturizer. I first bought it as a sample set that came with a foam cleanser and a eye gel roll on. After that I decided to buy the full size product...which I already finished up. I think it depends on what kind of skin type you have in order for it to work and moisturize. I really dislike using moisturizers that leave the greasy feeling on but with the Sephora Instant Moisturizer I didn't get that at all. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I even recommended to my friend and she likes it as well. The only thing I would warn people about it would be the scent is strong for some people but I don't mind it at all :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i have combination - dry skin. This doesn't really keep me going all day and I have to reapply. This is probably because I'm in an air-conditioned environment the whole day. So, I use the one in the tube, small enough to carry around and easier to use than from the jar. It's lightweight and absorbs well. It feels like a real cream but it's not heavy. It doesn't sit on your skin. The best thing about Sephora products is that I don't break out. I love the smell too. Not too intense and just right. The same line comes in a heavier formula in a pink jar, which I use as well.

Since I ran out of my regular night cream I decided to give this sample moisturizer a shot. It goes on smooth and feels very moisturizing but when you wake up, skin was incredibly try and it felt like I didn't moisturize at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was in Sephora and talking to the sales assistant. I mentioned my oily/acne prone skin had been dry lately from using some prescription acne meds. She pointed me to this. I have to say, I really liked the modern look of the heavyweight jar that it came in (it also comes in a squeeze out tube). I quickly glanced at the ingredients and noticed that it contained fragrance. I really hate fragrance in my skin care products.. but I didn't notice much of a smell in the jar, so I thought it would be a safe bet.

I picked up the jar and went home. That night when I applied it I was a bit overwhelmed with the fragrance. It has a very bright, clean floral plastic smell if that makes any sense. It did start to dissapate after a while, but I just wasn't crazy about it.

It also has these little sparkly things in it - I believe from the mica. It leaves these little tiny sparkles in your skin. It is not very noticable. Not a fan of gimmicky stuff like this, personally.

As far as what I liked: It looked like it would be heavy cream but it is not. I found the texture very nice.. a very lightweight cream/gel. When I applied it my dehydrated skin sucked it right up. It also felt a tiny bit cooling. There was no "tacky" feeling left behind, my skin just felt a little smoother. I don't think this would work for someone with dry skin.

If this didn't have fragrance or those micro sparkly things I would have given this a higher rating. I didn't use it long enough to know whether it would cause breakouts.

i got this as a sample. it works fine. nothing to rave about. my problem with this product is the smell! it reminds me of an old lady and its soo strong. mind you, i am not one to typically complain about a product's scent, but this lingered and i could smell it on my face hours later even with foundation and powder on top of it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I received a little sample packette of this moisturizer. I didn't think it was anything special. It performed about average on my oily skin. But I really hope my sample packette was bad or something because the smell was just horrible. Even if this moisturizer was really amazing I don't think I could get over the smell. It smelled exactly like OFF bug spray. No thanks.

This was my very first high end moisturizer, thus, I don't have much else aside from drug store products to compare it to; however, here's my go! I purchased this after receiving a sephora gift card. I was extremely hesitant towards using it as my skin is typically acne-prone & mildly oily. Talk about the barrier of bad skin right? Anyhow, after a few days of contemplation I made the move & applied it. In all honesty, it did moisturize my skin, but, not for very long. My skin was dry after a few hours. Which, for my skin type is completely unheard of! I was extremely disappointed as the texture of this moisturizer is something I can rave about for days! I think I'm going to store the rest of the tube in a drawer until summer returns & I can use it. I'm assuming my skin will take to it a bit better once the dry fall air doesn't take as big of a toll. Eventually I will be repurchasing; just not anytime soon.

This is a great product that is, happily, very affordable. I get clogged pores very easily and I break out from moisurizers often. This really makes your skin feel hydrated but the best part is that it has light reflecting particles that really improve your skin's appearance immediately. I got the jar and I wish I had gotten it in the tube so it would be more hygenic. Very highly recommended!

I got a sample of this and tried it out on my dry skin. It's an ok product. It's thick and creamy, but it didn't moisturize my dry patches. It didn't break me out either. I really couldn't' stand the smell of this product. It has a pretty strong floral/soap scent to it. I also noticed that there are tiny glitter/sparkles in the product. I looked in the mirror and it was all over my face. I don't like to go out with glitter all over my face and I don't know if it's bad for my skin in the long run ( I have sensitive skin). Good thing I tried a sample before purchasing it. I would not purchase this product.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Fortunately I tried a sample and didn't shell out money for this product. Great marketing, but a so-so product. It's not as moisturizing as I hoped or thought, based on the claims. It has a powdery/soapy scent, not too strong, but it's definitely noticeable. It absorbs quickly but I don't think it's moisturizing enough for a night cream or during the winter (for me, anyways). It could work as a day cream, but there are others I prefer to this. For reference, I have combo, 20-something skin.