Rimmel Match Perfection

Rimmel Match Perfection
Rimmel Match Perfection True IvoryRimmel Match Perfection FoundationMatch PerfectionMatch Perfection

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tribehenin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Fragrance, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Oil, Biosaccharide Gum 1, BHT, Lupinus Albus Extract, Sapphire Powder, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/18/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have super sensitive, combo skin. I start out dry - where if I put anything on my skin, I flake, but after 2 hours - I'm oily. I don't want heavy coverage, but something that can cover melasma. I am normally sensitive to heavy scents, but the scent on this isn't that bad. It's there - and is fruity, but doesn't seem to bother me.

So far, I really like this foundation. I'm having to mix it with Rimmel's Lasting finish, mostly because the Lasting finish shade closest to me (200 soft beige) is just a hair too dark, but the next shade lighter is way too light. The shade I match with in Match Perfection is just light enough to balance out this foundation color - plus help thin the formula. This formula is thick to me, and a little does go a long way. When using the two mixed, I find that I get a really nice finish - no cracking or clinging to dry patches - so it suits my skin well.

The one thing I have noticed is that I prefer using a damp sponge to apply Rimmel foundations, vs. a brush. I tried a brush today and it was like buffing in thick paint on my face, even though I barely use much (just a few dots here and there). It still gave me a nice finish, but once I applied powder to set (this is a tacky foundation) - it became more heavy-looking on my skin than when using a sponge. I'll stick with the sponge. If you want heavier coverage, stick with the brush. I also noticed that the overall color of the foundation on my skin seems to look paler when I use a brush, vs. when I use a damp sponge. I used the brush today, and my face looks paler than I'd like.

Plus side, I have no issues washing this off - which is AWESOME. I say give it a try.

on 9/9/2017 12:23:00 PM

I used this product extensively a couple of years ago and then set it aside searching for something better as the shade was a bit off. For reference, I'm between NW15 and NW20 in MAC and used the shade 100 Ivory. The color was just a bit too dark and ashy for me. However, the next lightest shade was too pale. I recall the reason I kept using it was because it has medium coverage, leaves a satin finish and helps blur pores. I recently tried it again and was overwhelmed by the strong scent, which is floral/perfumy. Having gotten used to mostly fragrance-free products in the last while I couldn't stand the scent.
Pros:
-glass bottle comes with a pump
- inexpensive
- not drying, with pore/line blurring effect and medium coverage

Cons:
- strong scent
- limited color selection

So if you have normal to dry skin, are not bothered by scented foundation and can find a color that matches you, this may be worth trying given the low price point.

Ok, so. having fair skin doesn't make it easy to find a matching foundation. The lightest shade of this foundation is good for me only in the summer when I'm tan. So, this is a minus. The coverage is light-medium. It has a dewy finish. I guess it's okay for drugstore, but not extraordinary. Also it doesn't last as much on skin if not set with powder.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is probably my favourite foundation ever! It so light and smooth and blends out perfectly. Its beautiful light coverage doesn't emphasise lines , it just smooths over them leaving a perfect smooth natural finish. The finish is natural and dewy and healthy looking. They have good shades also, mostly are yellow toned which is good for my skin tone. I would definitely recommend to anybody, even if your have oily skin. It looks stunning!

on 7/6/2017 10:20:00 AM

Provide 0 coverage to my skin and it is not long lasting. Not a fan of the watery formula.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Probably the first foundation I ever bought, back in high school. Wasn't crazy about it, but bought it again after a couple years. Even less impressed with it now.

I remember that back in high school I always had to exfoliate the night before I wanted to wear this foundation and the same can be said now. If your skin is on the dryer side, the foundation looks patchy and clings to dry areas. If my skin weren't so dry, I would say that the finish is a nice natural one. I would say that the coverage is light to medium but, at least in my experience, not really buildable. Oxidation was also an issue for me.

All in all, if you're young, have normal skin, don't need a lot of coverage and are looking for something cheap, this is a pretty sweet option.

PROs: nice smell, practical packaging (it has a pump), great price

CONs: tends to oxidise, clings to dry patches

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Loved this foundation when applied with a brush, it was buildable and had overall good coverage. When applied with a damp beauty blender, it had become patchy throughout the day and left a lot of texture. Don't apply with a beauty blender when you have dry patches or textured skin. The foundation generally lasts all day and was a good match for my skin tone, didn't oxidize on me either.

on 4/9/2017 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Continue to be disappointed by this foundation. I had this years ago and didn't like it but decided to repurchase it (stupidly) after hearing so many good reviews. This foundation clings to any dry patch or imperfection immediately after application and looks even worse as the day goes on. I want a foundation to perfect my skin, not age it by 10 years!

on 4/8/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favourite drugstore foundation ever. I had a major hormonal acne issues throughout my pregnancy last year. It was horrible! So I was searching for a more affordable foundation & give my G.A Luminous Silk Foundation a break. These two foundations were the only ones that did not break me out during the pregnancy.
I have this in Soft Nude. I would use my MUFE radiant primer in the yellow tube under this. I can get the most coverage when I use the Morphe439 brush & then blend the excess off with the beauty blender. You have to set this with powder if you have oily skin like I do. Coverage is buildable. I can get an 8+ hour run with this in between touch up of course. Stays pretty well on skin, natural finish & no flashback at all.
My baby is now 7 months old & I'm still loving this foundation.

on 3/31/2017 4:13:00 AM

Firstly, the shades are too different - I swatched both the light porcelain (01) and the light nude (02) and it was just worlds apart. The light porcelain is too light and the light nude is too dark and yellowish. I don't particularly fancy buying both shades and mixing them together. In the end, I picked up the light porcelain since it suited my skin colour better.

I used this foundation for the first time today and was surprised by how powdery it felt after I applied it on my face. Another thing is that it didn't really do much to cover my acne scars. I actually had to go over with my go-to concealer -- the benefit boi-ing concealer (which is more orange-y and unfortunately didn't complement the very light foundation), and after that, seeing that my face had less coverage than normal, I had to use the NARS radiant creamy concealer which thankfully helped cover my acne scars better.

I don't know what is going on with this foundation but I will try it again tomorrow and hope my experience with it improves.

Edit: having checked online, I realised that there are many more shades but I guess the drugstores where I live only import 4 shades :/