Rimmel Match Perfection

Rimmel Match Perfection
Rimmel Match Perfection True IvoryRimmel Match Perfection FoundationMatch PerfectionMatch Perfection

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tribehenin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Fragrance, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Oil, Biosaccharide Gum 1, BHT, Lupinus Albus Extract, Sapphire Powder, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 7/6/2017 10:20:00 AM

Provide 0 coverage to my skin and it is not long lasting. Not a fan of the watery formula.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Probably the first foundation I ever bought, back in high school. Wasn't crazy about it, but bought it again after a couple years. Even less impressed with it now.

I remember that back in high school I always had to exfoliate the night before I wanted to wear this foundation and the same can be said now. If your skin is on the dryer side, the foundation looks patchy and clings to dry areas. If my skin weren't so dry, I would say that the finish is a nice natural one. I would say that the coverage is light to medium but, at least in my experience, not really buildable. Oxidation was also an issue for me.

All in all, if you're young, have normal skin, don't need a lot of coverage and are looking for something cheap, this is a pretty sweet option.

PROs: nice smell, practical packaging (it has a pump), great price

CONs: tends to oxidise, clings to dry patches

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Loved this foundation when applied with a brush, it was buildable and had overall good coverage. When applied with a damp beauty blender, it had become patchy throughout the day and left a lot of texture. Don't apply with a beauty blender when you have dry patches or textured skin. The foundation generally lasts all day and was a good match for my skin tone, didn't oxidize on me either.

on 4/9/2017 7:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Continue to be disappointed by this foundation. I had this years ago and didn't like it but decided to repurchase it (stupidly) after hearing so many good reviews. This foundation clings to any dry patch or imperfection immediately after application and looks even worse as the day goes on. I want a foundation to perfect my skin, not age it by 10 years!

on 4/8/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favourite drugstore foundation ever. I had a major hormonal acne issues throughout my pregnancy last year. It was horrible! So I was searching for a more affordable foundation & give my G.A Luminous Silk Foundation a break. These two foundations were the only ones that did not break me out during the pregnancy.
I have this in Soft Nude. I would use my MUFE radiant primer in the yellow tube under this. I can get the most coverage when I use the Morphe439 brush & then blend the excess off with the beauty blender. You have to set this with powder if you have oily skin like I do. Coverage is buildable. I can get an 8+ hour run with this in between touch up of course. Stays pretty well on skin, natural finish & no flashback at all.
My baby is now 7 months old & I'm still loving this foundation.

on 3/31/2017 4:13:00 AM

Firstly, the shades are too different - I swatched both the light porcelain (01) and the light nude (02) and it was just world's apart. The light porcelain is too light and the light nude is too dark and yellowish. I don't particularly fancy buying both shades and mixing them together. In the end, I picked up the light porcelain since it suited my skin colour better.

I used this foundation for the first time today and was surprised by how powdery it felt after I applied it on my face. Another thing is that it didn't really do much to cover my acne scars. I actually had to go over with my go-to concealer -- the benefit boi-ing concealer (which is more orange-y and unfortunately didn't complement the very light foundation), and after that, seeing that my face had less coverage than normal, I had to use the NARS radiant creamy concealer which thankfully helped cover my acne scars better.

I don't know what is going on with this foundation but I will try it again tomorrow and hope my experience with it improves.

Edit: having checked online, I realised that there are many more shades but I guess the drugstores where I live only import 4 shades :/

on 2/14/2017 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for 3 weeks now. I can't say that I will ever buy it again or try any other Rimmel foundation for that matter.
I have combination skin - oily T zone - and I have used many different foundations over the past decade, high end and drug store types. This is definitely the first foundation I've used that does not last till the end of the day :(
I love the texture and thickness of the formula, but somehow its just not agreeing with my skin. By the end of the day, the foundation has slid off my nose, chin and between my brows :(
I have given it 3 weeks as I mentioned, I've tried different primers and setting techniques, but alas, the foundation just is not working for me. It leaves a high grease look after a few hours which is not ideal, and settles right into my pores, amplifying them eeek.
Luckily it wasn't expensive :)

on 2/13/2017 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I needed a new foundation and this was on sale so i picked it up. I actually really like it. It has a semi-strong smell but it's not that bad. It has quite a pink undertone, but it's one of lightest drugstore shades of foundations i've found so far. The coverage is build-able, sometimes i will use two layers for extra coverage. Some days i don't even need to where concealer with this (my skin has a lot of scarring and discoloration) it works best with a primer underneath and powder over top as it does slide off quite easily. I can wear this for 8+ hours at school and it stays on, it gets a bit oily at the end of the day but that's mainly cause of the weather. Overall it is a good foundation and will keep using until i find a better one.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great foundation for a drug store brand but I find most of the shades are way too peachy. It's a shame because it has a nice finish and good coverage but the pink undertones don't sit well with my skin tone.

This is definitely one of my top foundations, and the fact that it's from the drugstore is great. The formula is a great consistency that blends really well. It also lasts all day and doesn't break up or wear off too much. It is on the more dewy/natural finish side, so I have to use a finishing powder, but then it looks great. It also has an spf which is nice. The only drawback is the lack of pump (I think it has one in Europe), which would make it easier to use. Once it gets down to the bottom of the bottle, I have to leave the bottle turned upside down to get the last bits out.

I have repurchased several times and will continue!