Rimmel Match Perfection

Rimmel Match Perfection
Rimmel Match Perfection True IvoryRimmel Match Perfection FoundationMatch PerfectionMatch PerfectionMatch Perfection

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tribehenin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Fragrance, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Oil, Biosaccharide Gum 1, BHT, Lupinus Albus Extract, Sapphire Powder, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It goes on smooth and moisturizes but the fragrance is gross. I can't stand scented foundation. Never will I buy again. Maybelline mousse foundation is better damn it.

on 3/18/2018 12:09:00 AM

I haven't seen a ton of reviews on this product but I actually love it! I tried it when another product turned disastrous so I was skeptical. It's a little thinner to apply and might have a slight smell but those are easy to get past. It applies pretty smoothly using a beauty blender and is buildable. It seems to stay on for 6ish hours which isn't bad! I get a little shiny on my nose and forehead but that's always been an issue for me. Overall, great product!

on 2/2/2018 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm using a light nude to mix with my better foundations so I mix it in for a lighter color in the winter.Mixing this has not affected my other founfdations.This does lighten my others just fine.Not bad.

on 2/1/2018 1:08:00 AM

Not great on dry skin as it is difficult to blend. I’m glad I only paid £7.99 for this as I would not repurchase.

on 12/11/2017 12:18:00 PM

I Love Love Love this foundation! I have tried everyone out there from high end to high street stores. I love the fact I can buy this anywhere including my local supermarket at a great price and often on offer under £5. The colour light porcelain matches my skin perfect in winter being so pale, and mixing light porcelain with ivory in summer. I find it glides on over my nivea q10 day cream and spf never looking cakey just perfectly natural with a slight dewy finish covering any imperfections without causing breakouts or dryness. I also use the match perfection loose powder over the top which sets it all day, and if going out in the evening without having to touch up. I have dry skin but prone to spots around my chin. This makeup never fails me... 5/5 😀.

on 11/11/2017 12:58:00 PM

WHY did you change the Formula? this use to be the best it now is too thick, bad color,
please bring back the old.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

so I start off with a face full of acne well not that much acne but I did have alot .anyway it was winter and my face is so dry I use 2 wear bb cream it didnt cover up much so I needed 2 buy a foundation that will not make my skin falky and wont dry it up and cover up as good so I go 2 the drugstore and asked the lady that works there for help she gave me this ..the rimmel london match perfection I bought it with its consealer and it is perfection 2 me . it covers up and dosent dry my skin .it evens up my skin tone 2 I looked great . this is the only foundation that went perfectly with my skin .

on 9/18/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: as of 3/2018 i believe this has been discontinued. My local Walmart still had several, but Rimmels website no longer lists it.
--------------

I'm rewriting my review for this because it's become my HG foundation. I've been using it daily since 9/18/2017. I've tried tons of middle end to drugstore foundations and this has been the best foundation for my skin. It melts into my skin and looks like skin, which I haven't seen a foundation do for me EVER. I've tried Maybelline's Fit me, Cover Girl's BB creams and foundations, Revlon's Colorstay (no matter how hard I washed, it wouldn't come off and I can't use cold creams - break me out). Tried Tarte TM and foundation, Wet n Wild (is my HG summer foundation) -- this stuff is TOP for me. It makes my skin poreless.

I mix this foundation with Rimmel's 25 hour Lasting Finish foundation (red cap) because Match Perfection is a little more moisturizing (for winter) than the Lasting Finish and it helps get me to the shade I need. I literally only use a couple of small dabs of each foundation on my face and blend them out with a damp sponge and it melts into my skin. I get a nice thin coverage (I don't use much) that brightens my complexion and doesn't get flaky etc.. This is a thick foundation, so I think it's awesome for a winter foundation. Absolutely LOVE THIS stuff. I do have oily skin and get oily no matter WHAT foundation/primer I use, so I still blot twice during my work day, but nothing excessive. Works well with my under eye concealer (Maybelline Fit me) and I set it with any powder I have in my drawer with a powder poof, and then press the powder into my skin with my damp sponge. I get a poreless, flawless look.

Only negative - get a pump or a squeeze tube, guys. The glass bottle is a pain.

I have sensitive skin and no breakouts either! Other HUGE plus - washes off GREAT (unlike Colorstay)!

on 9/9/2017 12:23:00 PM

I used this product extensively a couple of years ago and then set it aside searching for something better as the shade was a bit off. For reference, I'm between NW15 and NW20 in MAC and used the shade 100 Ivory. The color was just a bit too dark and ashy for me. However, the next lightest shade was too pale. I recall the reason I kept using it was because it has medium coverage, leaves a satin finish and helps blur pores. I recently tried it again and was overwhelmed by the strong scent, which is floral/perfumy. Having gotten used to mostly fragrance-free products in the last while I couldn't stand the scent.
Pros:
-glass bottle comes with a pump
- inexpensive
- not drying, with pore/line blurring effect and medium coverage

Cons:
- strong scent
- limited color selection

So if you have normal to dry skin, are not bothered by scented foundation and can find a color that matches you, this may be worth trying given the low price point.

Ok, so. having fair skin doesn't make it easy to find a matching foundation. The lightest shade of this foundation is good for me only in the summer when I'm tan. So, this is a minus. The coverage is light-medium. It has a dewy finish. I guess it's okay for drugstore, but not extraordinary. Also it doesn't last as much on skin if not set with powder.