Rimmel Match Perfection

Rimmel Match Perfection
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tribehenin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Fragrance, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Oil, Biosaccharide Gum 1, BHT, Lupinus Albus Extract, Sapphire Powder, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

This foundation has such a beautiful natural but glowy finnish. It has great coverage and is easy to blend out and not too transferrable. I love everything about it except the shades. My skin undertone is neutral and all the shades I have so far tried are way too pink for my skin which is a shame because i love the finnish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my foundation of choice for many reasons.

The price is very affordable for a very good outcome. I find the foundation to be able to be used differently, one layer manages to almost cover all my imperfections and give a great natural look. Can also be applied with a sponge for a thicker and higher coverage look without becoming cakey on the skin.

Feels very smooth to apply and easy to rub into the skin. Gives a mild dewy finish depending on how much you apply (the more you apply the dewy it becomes).

The product seems to last me a good 2-3 months and thats with using it everyday and a good 3-5 pumps at least.

Only downside is the shade range is limited, lots of pink undertones unless you go to the much darker shades. I am more of a yellow undertone so this does mean I usually have to use powder to correct this. The shades also seem to jump quite quickly due to there not being many so even one tone up can make a massive difference.

Also good for subtle contour if you don't want to use really dark liquids.

To Read all 382 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/23/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin that patches up easily and this foundation is horrible for me. It says that it's meant for normal to dry skin but I think you should only use this if you have normal skin. The foundation that I got had no pump and the product poured out so that I had way more than needed. This foundation has light to medium coverage.

Pros:
-lots of colors
-good for normal skin
-affordable

Cons:
-runny
-sticks to dry patches
-not long lasting
-streaky when used with a brush

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really fell in love with this foundation at first, however it started oxidizing horribly in summer times. Usually I set it with rimmel stay matte on my t zone in spring/winter times. I still love this foundation a lot but i will never use it in summer months.

on 6/17/2016 12:31:00 PM

This product is great for the price. I have combination skin that is dry and flaky in the mornings and ends up looking like an oil slick by mid-afternoon. I was previously using the Maybelline Matte+Poreless, which had a great finish but oxidized like CRAZY on my oily skin. The dewy finish one was also fantastic in finish but left me looking slick by end of the day, even with hefty powder. Mixing them was working for a while but the hassle of doing so was annoying. I started trying out this product to see if it would solve my problem and it has!

It matches me perfectly (101 Classic Ivory) and doesn't oxidize on my skin, at all. It has a great, smooth finish. I hesitate to say "dewy" as it isn't as liquid-y and sheer as other dewy foundations I've tried but it isn't a matte finish either. I do add translucent powder on top to set it and without touch-ups I am a teensy bit shiny by the end of the day, but nothing that looks bad. This foundation has buildable coverage (light to medium on the first application, but I've packed it on in 3 layers for full coverage and it still looks great). My only complaints are the scent, which is unusual but goes away once you apply and the pour-out bottle. I'm used to pour-out bottles so this isn't a problem for me personally. Overall, I'm impressed so far. It hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores. I don't buy high-end makeup so I don't have anything to compare it to in that sense, but out of all of the affordable liquid foundations I've tried this is one of my favorites.

Pros:
• Buildable coverage
• Does not oxidize
• Great finish - smooth, not matte but not overly dewy
• The price
• Great for dry/combo skin - will not look cakey and doesn't stick to my dry patches

Cons:
• The scent (it's this weird floral.....sweet...scent)
• The packaging
• Not good for oily skin - it will end up sliding off unless you bake like crazy

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I think Match Perfection foundation is perfect for those of us who have dry skin, and/or struggle to find drugstore foundations that don't have overly yellow undertones which oxidize; Match Perfection seems to melt into my skin, leaving no tide marks or visible strokes and it feels weightless, despite a buildable medium coverage. The finish is very similar to my NARS Sheer Glow; Silky smooth, with an almost poreless look and a glowing satin finish, that lasts all day. It'll cover discolouration/unevenness and minor blemishes, but if I have a spot I'll need to use a concealer.

Best of all, there were no patches of dry skin, itching or feelings of tightness on the dry and sensitive skin on my face, which almost every other foundation I've tried has left - I'd actually not used a foundation for years because every one I tried caked and caused my skin to flake, so I'm thrilled that Match Perfection doesn't cause those problems.

There will be some shine on my face at the end of the day, but not too much and it won't look very oily if you don't do any touch-ups - or a light touch of powder takes care of the shine if you prefer to have none.

I haven't suffered from any breakouts whilst I've been using this foundation.

on 6/15/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros- Affordable

Cons-Very Liquid like and water based
-Not much coverage
-Leaves my skin looking patchy
-Limited shades for WOC
-Does not last the whole day

on 6/14/2016 12:38:00 AM

I'm not a fan of drugstore foundations but this one is great, I like the texture and consistency it feels good in my skin and it moisturizes me without looking oily, it has a scent but it doesn't smell bad. I like this because it doesn't oxidize on me, I bought it in the color Soft Beige and it is a good match. This foundation doesn't break me out as some of the Rimmel foundations and powders that i tried before.

on 6/7/2016 5:37:00 PM

Hate this foundation, not good for combination skin, coverage is shocking and left me really patchy. I do have combination skin so I think that may be why it doesn't work for me. I have had better foundation at £4.00. Wouldn't recommend at all. Much prefer to spend a bit more and go for Revlon colour stay. I have very fair skin and the light shades just made me look even more pale.

on 6/4/2016 11:48:00 PM

This foundation is great for a drugstore foundation ! I picked it up in 202 nude which is a little dark for me but thankfully I've been out in the sun so I have a little color as of right now. First of all the price is fantastic! Picked it up from Walmart the other day for under 5 bucks ! What a steal ! I would have to say this foundation is medium coverage. I put on one layer for a natural look and two layers if I'm going out at night . I work in a kitchen during the week and it can get hot in there especially during the summer months but this foundation still looked good in the middle of my seven hour shift! I do add a little powder if I know I'm going to be in a hot place or outside for the day ! The only cons about this product is that it does not cover under eye circles which is a pain because I still have to go in with a concealer if I want a flawless look! The smell is not my favorite either but it doesn't bother me while I wear it. Also in the US this product does not have a pump which is very disappointing because a lot of product will pour out if you are not careful ! But if you're looking for a great foundation with an even better price point I would give this a try! I also have dry skin and skin that is not acne prone in case anyone was wondering !