Maybelline New York Fit Me Dewy/Hydrate/Luminous and Smooth Foundation (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

1965 reviews

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Maybelline New York reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm 61 with normal/slightly dry skin that's in pretty good shape. I do have the normal lines that come with age but truly don't have much to cover up........ but there's nothing like a good coverage foundation to make my skin look fabulous which I do achieve with the ones I own. That being said I absolutely detested this foundation. I picked up 105 which looked like a good color match in Target but once applied it took on a peach tone, and if that wasn't bad enough it had really light coverage, it was more like a tinted moisturizer. In addition it had a heavy fragrance that hung around, that alone didn't sit well with me. I would not recommend this one at all.

on 4/1/2019 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best and affordable foundation among all that I have tried before. I will definitely recommend this to all of you out there. The best thing I liked about this foundation is that it's available for every color tone. I prefer using it with a bit of essential oil and a wet sponge should do the job for you to make it look perfectly blended.

on 3/28/2019 8:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It's hard to change foundations even when what you're wearing isn't quite working. I felt my previous foundation was too light and too drying (Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 in 810), but I was paralyzed by all the choices. I had been matched at Sephora with their Make No Mistake Foundation Stick in Cork, which matched PERFECTLY, but I didn't like the finish. That color led me to Fit Me in 120 - which I would never have chosen because I always gravitated to the lighter ends of the shades. Revelation - light vs. light medium is a big difference. This foundation in shade 120 matches me perfectly and adds needed "dewiness." Love, love, love it. This doesn't have a pump, but actually I think that will allow me to get more product so that's a good thing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, my review will be on Maybelline Fit Me Luminous + Smooth, which i am guessing is the European version of Dewy + Smooth. I am aware as well that their numbering for this foundation differs. For example, I bought mine in 250 Sun beige in Europe but in America the code is 310 for Sun Beige.

Anyway, those confusion aside, this is one of my faaaaaavvvvvvvoooriteeee foundation ever! I love love love it so much especially in cold weather season. This is great! It really does what it says, luminizing my dry winter skin. Application is easy as well. I paired this with MAC Mineralize skin finish in Medium Dark and it is the best combo ever. However, i do notice that this color is a bit too dark for me during winter so next time i might get a shade down. I am currently on my second bottle.
The texture is runny and light, i did swatched it next to my other high end foundations and this one tends to fade faster, that's the only minus point for me but the rest is A okay.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this foundation on and off since it first came out many years ago. I've repurchased it several times, but I just recently bought it again and don't like it anymore. I think this is where it ends with me and this foundation.
I have oily skin and it just slides around and never sets. Even if I powder and try to set this foundation, it just sits on top of my skin and rubs off so easily on anything. It looks "smooth" when first applied but it's not long lasting on me. It creases, gets greasy, and separates within the hour. I also don't like how it feels. I wish it felt lightweight like everyone describes it, but it feels like a mask to me.
I used to like it years ago, but I guess my skin has changed since then. I think this foundation would look good on dry skin and younger skin. I used to like the matte + poreless version more, but I also repurchased it and it was different than what I remembered. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of both Fit Me foundations anymore.

I have a drier combination skin which is why I would love to talk an demonstrate you the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy & Hydrate/Luminous & Smooth Foundation because this foundation is for people who are having dry to normal skin type, if you have an oily skin type then I’ll definitely wouldn’t recommend this one for you! (They have a matte version of it as well – better for normal to oily skin types)

I bought the shade 105 and I applied this over my face and used my damped beauty blender and it blended into the skin very beautifully, what I liked most about the foundation is that it has a natural finish to it 🙂 it says that you can create a sheer medium or full coverage with it, depending on how you apply it.

For me, I always go with one application/layer this is where I feel the most comfortable with and it looks natural and perfect for everyday makeup.

PROS:
- Natural Finish
- Lasts through the whole work day ( I live in the tropics)
- Doesn't slip off (use setting powder/setting spray to lock in the foundation)
- Very blendable, looks like real skin but better
- Inexpensive, can get it at the drugstore

Conclusion: I love the foundation overall. I will continue to use it and stick to my Maybelline Foundation because I've never experienced any negative sides of it!

on 3/1/2019 4:30:00 PM

Love this foundation, it is light I do not like heavy makeup and this is so nice looks so natural
very pretty, My skin looks very good with this foundation I use to use high end and I like this
much better.

on 2/26/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation. It has a natural finish which doesn't look dry or cakey on my very dry skin. It applies well with both a beauty sponge and a stippling brush (I prefer the dewier look that you get with the beauty sponge though). The only con I can think of is that it transfers a bit. I'm in the shade 110 Porcelain. I have the European version (Luminous + Smooth) so the bottle has a pump, which I'm happy about.

on 2/25/2019 10:11:00 PM

Broke me out badly. So sad because I actually liked it for the 2 days I wore it.

on 2/21/2019 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok , I have most high end foundations , I use Bobbie Brown , Laura Mercia, Guerlain , all the best, and I tried them all for $$50 or $60 and I have to say , if your skin is on the dry side or mature, this foundation is one of the best, I would compare it to Georgio Armani silk foundation , I love it , feels very expensive on skin and gives a beautiful finish, colors run a little dark so you can lighten up a bit but the finish is great and it makes my skin look beautiful, best of the drug store foundations, matter of fact , when I was young Maybelline was noted for eye makeup, but now I think they have the best foundations in the drugstores , I never wear Loreal anymore, as Maybelline has up their game all around.