Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

1.7

on 10/17/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is an ok facial wipe. I'm not a fan of wipes in general, but in a rush this is way better than going to bed with a face full of makeup and spf. I don't purchase this product, but I have received "gwp" when I buy jumbo philosophy skin care or bath/body items. They do an ok job. I feel a drug store wipe for a fraction of the cost would work just as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These were awful wipes. They burned my eyes sooo much and they did not take off hardly any makeup. Don't waste your money. Buy baby wipes or another brand of makeup remover/wipes instead.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I am rather disappointed in these. These really should be used as an evening cleanser/makeup remover towelette and not a replacement for the Purity original cleanser or any other cleanser at all, not because they don't clean the skin. They seem to. BUT this formula does STING when applied onto bare skin for either a morning cleanse or just as a step to a facial treatment. Having makeup on your face initially before using these I think provides a barrier between some of the more abrasive ingredients in this formula and your skin. These do a decent job at removing the actual makeup and even eye makeup, yes, I was brave enough to try it on my eyes, and ironically the formula did not sting them (for me personally) at all like it did the rest of my face.

As an actress, I often have need for quick, on-the-go cleansing to at least remove my makeup before I can do my usual skincare routine at home before bed, cleansing wipes would work great for this, but I have heard others reference wipes that are allegedly more effective and quick at removing makeup than these. The Purity formula may host ingredients that are good for skincare treatment and health, but they way they seem to be housed in the cloths causes my face to sting in away the Original Purity cleanser did/does not. So i am off to find more cleansing wipes.

on 5/20/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I received this as a sample and I absolutely hated it! I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this burned like crazy! I know that it says on the package that it can, but this just doesn't seem right to me. I even rinsed it off and now my skin feels awful. I love purity made simple, but I would never buy these.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These would never be something I could use without water....I don't know who formulated these thinking you could. Purity is my HG cleanser and these are about as far away as you can get from that!..
They didn't remove my waterproof mascara, and left my skin kinda stingy and red! I have been using them at night before I shower as a face makeup remover,after using a seperate eye makeup remover..
Too expensive for just a makeup wipe and useless as a one-step.

Will not repurchase and do not recommend....try the Target version of Neutrogena wipes instead

on 10/18/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ho-ly crap. I really do not like these! They cost around $20 which I picked up at my local Ulta, so the price for 45 cloths is fairly decent. The packaging is simple, and it seems as if it would keep the product from drying out, but I didn't get far enough to know. I will mention that I was carrying one around the store, and some moisture from the packaging fell out onto my hand, which I traded out for the one I eventually bought.

If you have sensitive skin, stay the heck away from these! I thought I would try them to take on a trip with me, since there isn't a chance of this spilling all over my bags, but I am glad I tried one before I took them with me.

I have sensitive skin, not overly so, and I love the regular Purity Made Simple cleanser. These however, are nothing like it. The second It touched my skin, it started to burn, but me and my genius self decided to just deal with it until I had used it on my entire face. Big mistake. Even after using their Hope in a Jar moisturizer, my face was red and blotchy for more than an hour. To the credit of the product, the back of the package does say "Mild tingling may occur on initial application" but what I experienced goes far beyond tingling. They are going back to the store ASAP.

Other note-worthy aspects:
Packaging 6/10
"Cleansing Power" 3/10
Price for amount 8/10

Philosophy, I really do love you, but this is in my opinion your worst failure.