Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Strangely enough, even though I have never had any luck with Philosophy skin care, I do like these wipes a lot. Ulta had an opened package of these out on a makeover counter and I tried one while having a swatchfest. I loved the clean fresh soft subtle non-overpowering scent. I decided I must have them. Now, these are currently $15.00USD for 30 cloths, so these are pretty steep imho price-wise. If money is no factor, that price point might not bother you, or if you just really enjoy the product.

First off, for me, this is not something I would use daily nor nightly. I bought these for the soul purpose of weekend getaways, vacations, that sort of thing, We will be going away next month for vacation, so I figured these will come in handy. These do, for me, remove light eye makeup and other face makeup, but again, not something I would use on their own nor daily. For me, I just feel like I need a regular face wash and/or scrub. But in a pinch, on those lazy days where you just can't deal with your regular skin care routine, or for the simple sake of convenience, these definitely fill a purpose.

So, while these are not by any means something I would calculate into my regular skin care routine, I do like these quite well for a face wipe., and if I need face wipes again, I will definitely repurchase these.

I will say, while I seem to be allergic to pretty much any Philosophy skin care I've ever tried, these actually feel really comfortable in my face, no reaction, and no irritation of my skin or nose like I get with other Philosophy skin care products. These just leave my skin feeling adequately cleaned, freshened up, refreshed, and not drying at all, even leaves my skin feeling a little soft. Very pleased. Again, not something I look to add to my regular routine, but I would repurchase in the future if the need arises. For example, I went through some health issues for a while where I was not doing the full skin care routine. If I get to that unfortunate situation again or a similar one, I will be glad for these, as they work very nicely for their purpose.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These were awful wipes. They burned my eyes sooo much and they did not take off hardly any makeup. Don't waste your money. Buy baby wipes or another brand of makeup remover/wipes instead.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I am rather disappointed in these. These really should be used as an evening cleanser/makeup remover towelette and not a replacement for the Purity original cleanser or any other cleanser at all, not because they don't clean the skin. They seem to. BUT this formula does STING when applied onto bare skin for either a morning cleanse or just as a step to a facial treatment. Having makeup on your face initially before using these I think provides a barrier between some of the more abrasive ingredients in this formula and your skin. These do a decent job at removing the actual makeup and even eye makeup, yes, I was brave enough to try it on my eyes, and ironically the formula did not sting them (for me personally) at all like it did the rest of my face.

As an actress, I often have need for quick, on-the-go cleansing to at least remove my makeup before I can do my usual skincare routine at home before bed, cleansing wipes would work great for this, but I have heard others reference wipes that are allegedly more effective and quick at removing makeup than these. The Purity formula may host ingredients that are good for skincare treatment and health, but they way they seem to be housed in the cloths causes my face to sting in away the Original Purity cleanser did/does not. So i am off to find more cleansing wipes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

These are AWFUL. I have to scrub, scrub, scrub my poor face to get them to remove makeup. But worst of all, they make my skin and my eyes BURN! After using them for a few consecutive nights, I started to get hives on my eyelids. I can't believe I bought a whole pack of these with checking MUA first.

on 1/31/2015 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I hate these. They are nothing like the original purity cleanser. I don't know much they cost because mine was a bonus in a set. I get lazy at times and use facial wipes to cleanse but these wipes were dry and hardly removed any makeup off. I would never purchase this product on my own.

on 1/24/2015 3:21:00 AM

i love philosophy but I was so disappointed with this product .. it smells weird.. makes my skin dry and does not work very well for me ....

on 10/12/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used the regular Purity cleanser, and thought I would try the cleansing cloths since I normally use the ones that MAC makes. I HATE these. They are not effective at all, usually have to use more than one to get my face feeling clean (and then I still feel the need to use something else to cleanse my face). I really expected more, but hey, you don't know until you try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These did not remove my makeup as well as the Neutrogena wipes do. Also, this product did cause a stinging/burning sensation that was very uncomfortable. I had to wash it off right away. I would not dare try to remove eye makeup with it.

These did not work for my face !! Broke me out, doesn't remove enough makeup. Like other reviewers said neutrogena wipes work much better at a fraction of the cost! So glad I got this in my gratis from philosophy, otherwise....not worth the $26 for 20 wipes.

on 6/14/2013 12:32:00 PM

These wipes are horrible on my face!! I got the actual cleanser from sephora for my 100-point perk and loved it, so I picked up the wipes, thinking they'd be perfect. Boy was I wrong! I'm using them up because I dropped $20 on them but they make my face so red and tingly!