Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor

4.2

on 12/3/2016 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this. I usually buy all natural stuff, but have been having trouble with finding my Aubrey's Organic GPB conditioner, So I decided to try this. Have used this for a month, once a week, love it..Hair feels soft, healthy, and shiny! My search for a new protein treatment is over...

I love this product I have bleached fine hair. I use this every time after I get my hair retouched highlighted or whatever I'm currently rockin. I never use a conditioner after, as it leaves my hair supersoft. It feels strong and healthy and is cheap which is great. I also love the green tea spray.

Pro's
Leave hair soft, shiney, and healthier
Smells tropical and good
Comes in two sized bottles or the packets with two applications
Hair is manageable and bouncy
Stops breakage
Helps split ends look better (I have alot)

Con's
Leave shower slippery
Have to rise with tibid water preferably cool
Not as strong as the two step

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product. I recently went back to highlights and my curls were looking limp. I used the individual sized sachet in the shower and left on for about 3-4 minutes. I only pinned it up and let the steam do its thing. One thing to note with protein, is you should follow up with a moisturizing conditioner to balance it out. My curls are back to normal and my color looks great! I recommend this for those who aren't quite comfortable with the two step treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I normally have very black asian hair which was heavily damaged after I bleached it to a light blonde color. The ends felt like hay and some parts of my hair felt stringy and mushy so I was def in need of some repairing :( When I first bought this, I was kinda nervous because keratin can be tricky... it's awesome for your hair but if you leave it in for too long, it can make your hair drier! The key is to balance it with a good conditioner.

Originally, I left it in for two minutes during my shower after shampooing and squeezing out as much water as possible. Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference doing it this way. The next time I took a shower, I did the same thing: I shampooed, applied to my hair after squeezing out as much water as I can but this time I hopped out of the shower and used a blow dryer to apply some heat. Then I rinsed it out with some warm water and followed it with a good moisturizing conditioner. My hair felt smoother, softer and much healthier.

I really think that the trick to this product is applying some sort of heat and leaving it in for longer than 2 minutes (maybe 5-7?). Of course not everybody will yield the same results. This is was worked for me and may not work for you. If your hair is heavily damaged, try it with some applied heat and leave it in for a longer period of time. If your hair is fairly healthy, leave it in for just 2 minutes with no heat application. Remember that this is not a stand alone conditioner so both hair types should follow up with a good conditioner.

I do think that this product is awesome and helping me really get back to having healthy hair. It's cheap and effective so I will def by repurchasing when I run out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Meh, I don't see what the hype is all about with this product.
I picked up a bottle of this at Sally's some time ago and it just sits in my shower caddy. I tried it a couple of times and I didn't really notice a difference.
It actually weighed down my hair and it felt 'thinner' to my dismay.
I think it works best on really processed hair and my hair isn't that damaged. I get far superior results from Joico's K-Pak Intense Hydrator.

I suggest getting a sample pack if you can to see if it works for your hair before buying a full bottle. In the meantime, I need to find an alternative use for this stuff.

on 8/20/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

As the reviewer below stated, this isn't as intense as the 2 step treatment Aphogee has, but that's exactly what I wanted and it's still extremely successful. I've been slowly going from red to blonde and my hair was already thick, coarse, and dry as it is so I knew with all this trauma it was going through I'd need a protein treatment. Last time I used the 2 step treatment when my hair couldn't even take color and was limp like spaghetti and it was my life saver, but since it wasn't in that horrific state I thought I'd try this. It says to leave in for two minutes or five for extremely dried hair but I do about 20-30 minutes plus some heat action to kick it up a notch. It really has been helping mend my hair sooooo much. My hair isn't snapping off at the ends and the split ends seem very minimal. It doesn't feel like straw afterwards and is easy to brush through. I typically use an intense moisturizing treatment after as well so that the protein and moisture levels are both balanced and my results have been wonderful. Not to mention, this product is extremely well priced so you can't really beat it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

While I don't find this as intense as the other protein treatment from Aphogee (2 Step Protein Treatment), I liked that it also functions as a conditioner. The 2 Step Protein Treatment always hardens hair rock hard and you have to add heat. I simply just applied the 2 Minute Reconstructor onto my hair, then did some chores. I washed it out 30 minutes later. My hair requires some extra TLC so I surpassed the 10 minute recommendation.

And although the 2 Minute Reconstructor isn't the strongest treatment I've tried, it did leave my hair both softer and stronger. I liked that I didn't have to follow up with a conditioner after. That's a plus for lazy women like me. Additionally the price is pretty decent give the ingredients, so I'll probably repurchase. I'd like to use this as a protein maintenance type of product in between my more intensive treatments.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the keratin treatment that better suits my hair needs, not to heavy, easy to use
definetly i will make a comitment with this product

on 1/16/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS and have already recommended it to at least 3 or 4 friends. I'll be forever loyal to this product. I have a LOT of fine-textured shoulder-length medium/dark blonde hair that I used to have professionally highlighted regularly, but had taken a break from it for the past year trying to let my hair repair from the bleaching damage. I LOVE blonde and healthy hair...I HATE that damaged look and feel. Well, the day after Christmas, feeling very one-toned overall dark-haired, and I also had a little bit of "ugly-itis" going on, I couldn't take not feeling like "me" and blonde again, so I went right in and had a full head of foil highlights done. Ahhh, I LOVE the color and I'm blonde and feel like "me" again, but as my hairdresser was blow-drying my hair I started noticing all these teeny tiny little platinum blonde pieces of hair falling all over the dark cape. Like, a lot! I FREAKED out. My hair has always been my best feature and it was like, disintigrating and breaking off all over me! I am really blessed because I actually have really good hair, and I love it and get lots of compliments on it all the time, so I really was FREAKING OUT, lol! I went nearly sobbing onto the hair board here and some lovely knowledgeable ladies there recommended the ApHogee 2 step process, this product, BTZ Smooth Criminal products, GVP Conditioning Balm, and a good heat protector. I was really scared of the 2 step, and I bought a packet of it Sally's, but I was too afraid to use it. I had also bought this product and started using this one right away. A good, gentle shampoo (Redken All-Soft) and this product left on for about 5-10 or so minutes in the shower (no towel or cap, just worked through and then clipped up while I finished my shower). I followed it with the GVP Conditioning Balm (LOVE). Towel dried. Sprayed on the ApHogee green tea spray and also the BTZ Smooth Criminal Primer (I adore BOTH products, btw) and blow dried. I did that ONE TIME and the breakage STOPPED. NO MORE BREAKAGE. So...I did that exact routine for about a solid week (I wash my hair every day). I've now started to feel my hair getting a little bit dryish so I've backed off this particular product to twice a week - don't want to overdo on the protein. My hair feels and looks SO much better and is not breaking off, the split ends look/feel better, my wet & dry tangle issue is MUCH better, and my hair looks and feels so much shinier and healthier overall. This is AWESOME because I don't want to stop being blonder, but I HATE the damage, and was seriously considering stopping the highlights and trying to get used to being a non-blonde because I hate the ratty-looking/feeling hair so much. With this product (which I think is the one that is making the MOST difference) and the others, I don't have to!!! SO happy to have heard of it and I will keep buying this forever. I also found some other truly amazing products at Sally's, which have absolutely and totally turned me around from my "expensive hair products are the only thing I will use on my precious hair" snobbiness! :) This girl got herself a Sally card! The whole ApHogee line is really good and I love the green tea spray too. Will absolutely repurchase...regularly and forever!

on 9/27/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Yes. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Ever since I figured out how much my hair loves protein I have been golden. So I've been trying the various protein conditioners that the market offers. Tried this for the first time last week (I wash my AA hair weekly) and I was left with soft, coconut scented curls. Seriously, this gave me just enough strength but without any brittleness. I will be using this for the next several weeks as I need to do some repairing for the intense heat I have been applying to my hair. I highly recommend this, though and will certainly be repurchasing.