Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

3.4

Ingredients: Water, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Montmorillonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark/Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Citriodora Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My thoughts on this product? Don't waste your time! I have oily, acne prone skin with redness. I tried this product out hoping, to minimize black heads and clear out my pores. I applied it to clean, dry skin and then waited until it was completely dry. It was difficult to peel off, but did for the most part come off in one piece. However, after examining the used mask peel, I noticed that it had pulled out every, tiny hair in my face!! My skin was noticeably smoother, but I can't help but think it was only because I had essentially waxed my face. My pores looked exactly the same and my skin wasn't any brighter. I love face masks, but I definitely wouldn't recommend this one.

I tried it a few days ago. I like the end result, it did brighten my skin and minimize my pores. However peeling it off was painful! if you have peach fuzz it hurts. I did a review with my daughter and god daughter, they to experienced a painful peel off. Our ages are 17, 18 and 38yrs old. We also have different skin types. My daughter has dry skin, my god daughter has acne prone skin and also dry and patchy, I have combination skin. So we had a good range for review. The consistency is thick and a little bit sticky, so you have to cake it on in order to get a good layer going for the "peel off" it did not burn any of us. Once the 25 min wait was over and we peeled it off if did leave the skin feeling soft.

My only issue is there should be a disclaimer that states "if you have thin baby hair (peach fuzz) around the face area it may pull and hurt." But I think its a good product overall. Here is the video review we did:

~Phoenix Beauty

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this with my Sephora order and with it being my first peel-off mask, I was really eager to try it out.

As the name suggests, after applying the mask and waiting for it to fully dry, you peel the mask off of your face rather than rinsing it off. I don't think there are any particular benefits to this type of mask over others, but it is a fun novelty.

Sadly, I was not a fan of this one. This sounds odd but almost every mask I've tried - even if it didn't show any effective results - had some sort of "feel-good" factor to it, very fresh and rejuvenating and stuff. However, this mask just made me feel very "blah" afterwards. It didn't deliver on its claims, either: my face didn't seem to visibly show any improvements whatsoever. I could see the particles of dead skin on the inside of the mask after peeling it off, so it is doing something, but my face looked exactly the same as before - even a bit redder and ever so slightly irritated, actually. The mask did pull out my peach fuzz, so hey, free wax I guess, lol.

I got this as a sample at Sephora and nope, not for me. I was actually really excited to try this mask but I was very disappointed. I only put this on my t-zone because I have rosacea on my cheeks so I didn't want to mess with that, and although I don't consider I have very sensitive skin, this mask still irritated me. My skin was red and hot in all the perimeter of where I put the mask. I don't know what happened, I didn't have any issue peeling it off, it didn't hurt at all and came out really easily but then it started burning like crazy. I didn't see a difference on my skin so I won't be using my other sample. Big no from me.

EDIT: Ok, so I was stubborn and tried it again and hell no my face is red and it hurts, like it actually hurts. I don't know what ingredient it might be or maybe the peeling off process but this mask really irritates my skin.

I've been dying to try this mask forever. It's so hard to find a purifying mask that doesn't contain kaolin. I find all deep cleaning masks too drying and difficult to remove. This mask applies as a thick creamy paste that you leave on for 30 minutes and then peel off the whole thing once it dries. this mask peels off like a piece of tape all in once piece, and leaves your skin shiny smooth afterwards. I love it, such a unique concept for a mask.

This mask looked so promising -- Boscia's a good brand, the ingredient's list looked appealingly herbal and the mask was a peel-off that I thought might get rid of some of the skin gunk that has been holding my face back from its full potential. The mask goes on nicely, dries nicely and peels off nicely but basically had no consequence on my skin one way or another. And the packaging it came in was a terrible choice (a packet of goop that doesn't seal back up??? great!!). I bought this in the mask three-pack, so perhaps if you buy it alone it comes packaged differently, but still.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

MEH. I am a lover of peel off masks and I have generally had good experiences with Boscia products, but this one really fell flat on its face (hah).

This mask really does nothing in the "luminizing" department, but I got it because I thought it would be good for extracting tiny blackheads from pores (especially on my nose). I would usually put it on after a hot shower so my pores would be nice and ready for this stuff and I'd slather on a generous amount over my nose, cheeks and chin. Well, not only is this crap not effective, it hurts. It hurts because it rips out the microscopic fuzz all over your face, yet ironically, did next to nothing to extract my blackheads. I've gone through almost an entire tube with the same disappointing results. Halfway through the tube I put it away, came back and tried it again a couple months later, only to be disappointed yet again. If you have sensitive skin, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Do not even look in its general direction!

If you're looking for a HE "luminizing" alternative, GRAVITYMUD by GLAMGLOW is good with pore minimizing and giving you a glowy appearance. It is also the peel off variety. The price is double what this mask costs, but your skin will thank you for it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this Boscia Lumiizing Black Mask after someone on Instagram suggested it about a years ago or so. Using this mask is fun and a bit of work. My cat look surprised to see me with this mask on and has to check me out if I lay down to rest while this peel-off mask does it's magic.

I like to apply it on somewhat thick, especially around the edges so that it is easier to peel off. I don't detect a scent.

This peel-off mask does keep most of its claim to be true. I'm impressed that it remove the top layer of build-up of my skin and leave a great complexion afterwards. I like to use this almost daily on my bad week of break outs every month and maybe once a week for maintenance. The first time I tried it, I put on thin to medium thickness and it doesn't really work. You have to ensure medium to thick application. When the peel-off mask dries up, you feel some pulling on your skin and this is when you know to remove the mask.

I like this mask a lot better than Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask. This one show results.

As for the price, I find it to be fair compared to Peter Thomas Roth and other brands, example: Tata Harper.

I think the mask is a bit overpriced for what it actually accomplishes. It hasn't really helped me with my acne, discoloration or clogged pours. What it has done is that it makes my skin feel really smooth after peeling it off and washing my face. It feels like a whole layer of dead skin has been removed and for that reason alone I keep repurchasing. It gets rid of some dry patches that exfoliating alone doesn't get.

The mask is kind of interesting it comes in a squeeze out tube. It comes out as a black liquid its kind of hard to spread the solution all over your face. I recommending doing a thicker layer rather than a thin one. I leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes or until it is completely dry. I then start to peel upward from my jawline. It pulls out a ton of peach fuzz from your jawline area.. a bit painful but I don't mind it. I wash my face right after and moisturize and my skin feels really great.

Is the product worth the whopping $32 maybe not, but I like having this stuff on hand for random use when I feel like it. Don't expect a miracle with this product!