4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

My skin loves this! The "gel" created by oats is so healing and protective, and it leaves my skin hydrated and radiant. It helps heal acne, eczema, and irritated skin like nothing else, and since it contains no preservatives or fragrance it doesn't have anything in it that can irritate my super sensitive skin. Can definitely see myself using (and recommending) this mask for the rest of my life. Bonus: it can be a zero waste recipe if you purchase bulk oats!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I love this mask! It actually benefits your skin over time and helps soothe irritation. It not only helps to exfoliate dead skin cells but it has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe redness and irritation. The way I use this mask is by actually pulverizing the oats into a flour-like consistency. If you have a magic bullet or blender you could use that. This also helps to get the oatmeal small enough to stick on your face and not cause a huge mess - bonus! I leave it on for about 30 minutes before I hope into the shower every morning. It gives my skin a radiant glow and my skin never feels dry or tight after. I highly recommend it for acne-prone or dry/dull skin! Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17373175

About reviewer (450 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

soothing, smoothing, exfoliating. The effects were beautiful, and the price can't be beat. There's one MAJOR drawback: this mask is terrifying when applied! It made my face look like some sort of grotesque smallpox outbreak, even though I blended the oats into a powdery consistency beforehand. Also, I didn't feel comfortable rinsing it into the drain. I haven't used this in a while, so I can't recall just HOW I took it off. I only remember that it was a hassle.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

2 years ago

Love it. I blend the oatmeal in my Vitamix until it has the consistency of flour. Add some hot water to a spoonful of this oatmeal mix and stir until it's a very watery paste. Smooth it on my skin, leave on for 15 minutes or so and then wash off.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

3 years ago

This mask is one of the most effective pick-me-up skin masks. It's simple and fuss free. Can get a little messy, so make sure to wear an old shirt and prepare for a little dripping at the start. But it really leaves skin feeling soft and moisturized. Great for those days that you feel like your skin is not at its best. Washing it off, again, can be messy. But the mess is worth the mask! My mask consist of 2 tablespoons grinned oats, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon hot water. When I wash the mask off, I use the dried oatmeal to sort of act as a gentle exfoliater.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

Worked amazing!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

from

3 years ago

It's my HG product. I have combination acne prone skin with occasional dry patch...it s*cks..I know.But when I started using oatmeal and tea tree oil mask,it changed the whole game! I usually use warm (not hot) green tea and oatmeal to make this mask,sometimes I mix charcoal powder or tea tree oil if my face needs extra something. I wait for about 20 minutes, I don't let it dry up totally. Then remove it by massaging...I know it's a skincare sin,but I can't stop touching my face afterwards! It's like a miracle product for me.I use it 3 times a week...I don't know if it works for other persons..but for me it's a lifesaver.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I've used oatmeal on my skin, both as a DIY such as this and as a useful soothing ingredient in commercial products, for many years. My suggestion: rather than oatmeal meant for food, I use the packets of colloidal oatmeal meant for baths, the kind without oil. This is much less messy, mixes up nicely, and is much easier to remove (and doesn't ball up and fall off your face). I have found the best mixer for me is yogurt, enough to make a nice creamy paste. You can then add in different things to customize for you and the current condition of your skin. Turmeric: Brightening, good for active zits and for quickening healing of zits that are drying up. Honey: Adds moisturizing without oil, good for sensitive skin. Just a couple drops of oil. Cocoa powder. Add whatever works for you and makes you happy. For the record, I have very sensitive dry skin, that can get clogged especially on the chin and sometimes the forehead.

About reviewer (244 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

2.0

4 years ago

Despite rave reviews, oatmeal mask did not work for me sadly. I had hoped it would reduce the bumps and the redness but on leaving it on my face for a couple of minutes, I felt the sting. When I washed it off, I can feel the uneven bumps and redness forming. Good thing I didn't leave it on for too long as it could have got a lot worse. My suspicion was confirmed when i applied my usual moisturiser after and it sting badly! So it wasn't right for me. Don't be discouraged! If it's the first time you're doing this mask, it's worth trying it on briefly and observing the sensation on your skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

4 years ago

I was not a big fan of diy products but after watching Sneha s channel on youtube i started using some homemade masks for my face and body.but oatmeal stands out from all of the homemade because it is so easy to make and a little goes a really long way.thats how i make it. 1 packet quacker oats.olive oil and cocunut oil 1/2 cup.4 sp of coffee grounds.4 to 6 sp of pure honey and thats it . After washing my face with water i apply a little tiny amount on my face and leave it fr 5 min till i brush my teeth n thn i wash it out while gently scrubbing it. Advantages. I dont need any face wash and facecream now It makes my face bright and my dullness is gone.earlier my face was always dull whatever i used. Its dirt cheap and you can also use it on ur body.u will not need moisturiser after it. Also 1 thing i was told by the herbalist to do was to put some drops of olive oil inside my nose nostrils and in my belly button. It seemed to be a really weird tip but after using it for 1 month my permanent costipation was gone.my broken heels amd chapped lips recovered like a magic.also my throat becomes really clear and now im using this tip for twice a day. So this little tip and that oatmeal mask is what im using and my skin is becoming flawless day by day. I will always use it till i die.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

HairBrown