INCI: Water/Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Flour, Mel (Honey), Tocopheryl Acetate

on 8/25/2016 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've used oatmeal on my skin, both as a DIY such as this and as a useful soothing ingredient in commercial products, for many years.

My suggestion: rather than oatmeal meant for food, I use the packets of colloidal oatmeal meant for baths, the kind without oil. This is much less messy, mixes up nicely, and is much easier to remove (and doesn't ball up and fall off your face).

I have found the best mixer for me is yogurt, enough to make a nice creamy paste. You can then add in different things to customize for you and the current condition of your skin.

Turmeric: Brightening, good for active zits and for quickening healing of zits that are drying up.

Honey: Adds moisturizing without oil, good for sensitive skin.

Just a couple drops of oil.

Cocoa powder.

Add whatever works for you and makes you happy.

For the record, I have very sensitive dry skin, that can get clogged especially on the chin and sometimes the forehead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Despite rave reviews, oatmeal mask did not work for me sadly. I had hoped it would reduce the bumps and the redness but on leaving it on my face for a couple of minutes, I felt the sting. When I washed it off, I can feel the uneven bumps and redness forming. Good thing I didn't leave it on for too long as it could have got a lot worse.

My suspicion was confirmed when i applied my usual moisturiser after and it sting badly! So it wasn't right for me.

Don't be discouraged! If it's the first time you're doing this mask, it's worth trying it on briefly and observing the sensation on your skin.

To Read all 221 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/2/2016 6:31:00 AM

I was not a big fan of diy products but after watching Sneha s channel on youtube i started using some homemade masks for my face and body.but oatmeal stands out from all of the homemade because it is so easy to make and a little goes a really long way.thats how i make it.
1 packet quacker oats.olive oil and cocunut oil 1/2 cup.4 sp of coffee grounds.4 to 6 sp of pure honey and thats it .
After washing my face with water i apply a little tiny amount on my face and leave it fr 5 min till i brush my teeth n thn i wash it out while gently scrubbing it.
Advantages. I dont need any face wash and facecream now
It makes my face bright and my dullness is gone.earlier my face was always dull whatever i used.
Its dirt cheap and you can also use it on ur body.u will not need moisturiser after it.
Also 1 thing i was told by the herbalist to do was to put some drops of olive oil inside my nose nostrils and in my belly button.
It seemed to be a really weird tip but after using it for 1 month my permanent costipation was gone.my broken heels amd chapped lips recovered like a magic.also my throat becomes really clear and now im using this tip for twice a day.
So this little tip and that oatmeal mask is what im using and my skin is becoming flawless day by day.
I will always use it till i die.

on 6/4/2016 6:09:00 PM

I'm in love with using Oatmeal on my skin lately. It has helped so much with my breakouts, my rosacea and also leaves my skin sooooo smooth. This Oatmeal Face Mask is great for acne, rosacea and it is also super anti-aging. It's so simple and I love blending the oatmeal in the blender to be a able to make a smoother mask. It's amazing. Check out the video tutorial.

for the first time i use it, it really brightens up my skin and plump my skin. i put the oatmeal in my palms and blend it with water until the texture soften. i think this is a mild exfoliator, but it really really brightens up my skin and doesnt leave my skin dry. this is one of the favorite diys^^

on 3/7/2016 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Did you know that you can buy Oat Flour?! I get the Bob's Red Mill brand (Whole Foods carries it). There is no need to bother with grinding up oatmeal; just buy the flour! I keep it in the fridge so it stays fresh. Just mix the oat flour with honey and smooth it onto your face. I find that leaving it on for up to 30 minutes improves the effect. Then you can wash it off in the shower, massaging first (the grains of flour are a very gentle exfoliant). It is so gentle you could probably use it every day. It makes my skin look and feel refreshed, especially if I haven't gotten enough sleep.

on 2/23/2016 5:06:00 PM

Hi can anyone help me.. i was diagnosed wih excema over a yeah ago. . Not the normal ichey type we all know but a red blotchy type with came up when hot.. I managed to keep.under control until recently
Now it has spread up and around my face.. It comes up when I get hot.. iv been recommend to use this oatmeal mask which I have just done but not sure If to still moiserise still after.. I havnt managed 2 find one that works just yet and all I am using is E45... face dies feel.better
A slight Ight sting not much at all on forhead and slightly in need of some moiseriser
Just don't know what to do for the best.thank u in advance xx

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Am I the only one who got clogged pores from the oatmeal cleanser? :( I am so devastated right now because I wanted to love this :( I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin and have lots of acne scars and some active acne. From the reviews here, I thought what the heck it's just oatmeal I doubt this would break me out but NOOOOO :( Right after washing the oatmeal off my face I immediately noticed new bumps all over my face :( Might try this again next time with honey but for now i'll just be in the corner crying...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this mask as a spot treatment. I use it overnight and wake up to soothed calm skin. It doesn't dry my skin out or burn it like some acne spot treatments can do, it is just overall very soothing. It really helps redness fade away

on 1/23/2016 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this mask! I never do DIY homemade masks because I never find that they actually do any good for my skin and I don't have time for that as a full time student and part time health care professional. This is not your avergae "food on my face" mask - it actually benefits your skin over time and helps soothe irritation. It not only helps to exfoliate dead skin cells but it has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe redness and irritation.

The way I use this mask is by actually pulverizing the oats into a flour-like consistency. If you have a magic bullet or blender you could use that. I use my nutri-bullet for this. This also helps to get the oatmeal small enough to stick on your face and not cause a huge mess - bonus! I leave it on for about 30 minutes before I hope into the shower every morning. It gives my skin a radiant glow and my skin never feels dry or tight after. I highly recommend it for acne-prone or dry/dull skin!

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17373175

Check out this video by Sarah Therese!