4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 5/7/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have fair, sensitive, combination skin and I'm older (62 currently) with uneven pigmentation and a bit of ezcema on my neck. I tend to be careful with facial cleansers and exfoilators because of the reactivity of my skin.

I've been using plain yogurt masks for a while (usually adding some ground oatmeal for its soothing qualities for my redness/ezcema). Not only does it feel wonderful going on, after it leaves my skin brighter and softer and reduces the appearance of my age spots slightly. Recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm lactose intolerant so before putting it on my face I read some articles to make sure that I can use it. I can, only people with allergies can't.
My skin always badly reacts to AHA, it can't stand it at all, but I was thinking that trying it in form of the greek yogurt mask might work better for me. I was wrong. Next day after I did a mask (plain greek yogurt with nothing else) my skin became red and un two days it started peeling off badly.
Frankly, I never had any luck with DIY skin care and I believe this would be the last thing I've tried.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I mix a drop or two of lemon and a teaspoon of yogurt,im loving the difference so far,my skin feels healthy after years of using chemically derived product.Although it takes time, it does work!

absolutely great to use this on your face. i use greek yogurt and you only need a teaspoon full.
you can mix it with oatmeal, honey, turmeric or whatever. Leaves your skin feeling wonderful, smooth and hydrated.

on 5/11/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

No, no, no. I have not had the best luck with DIY skincare (Argan, coconut, olive, almond, tamanu, and jojoba oils were also a fail, and as a result of overdoing essential oils, like tea tree and lavender, I had to go to the doctor twice). My only excuse for trying this is yogurt seems like a benign source of AHA and there are tons of positive reviews.

My skin has historically tolerated AHA, BHA and retinoids even at the prescription level. This was messy, dehydrating and irritating to my mature combination skin. My skin is already tending towards dry and prone to hives and milia. This exacerbated problem areas. I have allergies, but no lactose intolerance and no issues with eating yogurt or honey. (I bought an expensive jar of Manuka (sp?) honey that doesn't even taste as good as the cheaper stuff.

Better to use the yogurt in yogurt cake. Or eat it plain.

on 2/12/2017 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product ever since reading about it here 3 years ago.

I absolutely love it. I love it so much I could kick myself for all the times I get bored with it and stop using it altogether.

I use plain white 2% Fage plain Greek yogurt. This weekend I mixed it with Goody's powdered aspirin (I get that at Cub if you have one near you). I apply it in the morning, leave it on for about 15 minutes, and after rinsing it off, my face is baby soft and rosy all day. So wonderful and highly recommended, with or without the aspirin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use just greek yogurt as the mask portion of my at home facial(a stream with a towel and my teapot, a scrub with oatmeal and baking soda and finish with a this as a mask), it's no nice! I even use it just as a mask and no other extra pretend spa stuff while I shave if I need to. It leaves my skin so soft and radiant/glowing. If I do this before putting makeup on my makeup never goes on better. If I do it before bed and apply my night cream I wake up looking especially nice and fresh. I wouldn't add lemon as I see other people suggesting but I've added avocado and egg (not all 3 together) before and that's been nice but really all I need is the yogurt!

on 10/30/2016 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using Greek yogurt masks for years. Such an inexpensive way to gently exfoliate my sensitive skin and this mask always leaves my face looking polished and glowy. I occasionally mix turmeric into the yogurt for its anti-inflammatory properties. I remove in the shower with either a baby washcloth or Swissper and then follow-up with my EL Advanced Night Repair. For those that, like me, can't use the harsh acids found in many skincare products, the small amounts of lactic acid in yogurt can be a perfect way to exfoliate and smooth out the skin's surface.

on 8/24/2016 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mask!

My skin is really dull for whatever reason. I tried Calcium Bentonite and although it helped at first, recently it's been causing small pimples to form. So, ditch that (for now) and google some DIY solutions for dull skin.

Enter: Yogurt. Has a small amount of Lactic Acid which could aid in brightening and tightening the skin. Sounds great to me. And what's this? I actually have Greek Yogurt in my fridge?? I whipped a mask up immediately. 1tbs Greek Yogurt. 1tsp Honey. 1tsp oats. Mix, mix, mix. It turned into a sweet smelling paste that I slathered onto a (CLEAN) face.

I've been doing this now for about 2 weeks. Leaving the mask on for about 20-30 minutes. After I wash it off with lukewarm water I put on some EVOO and call it a day. Has my skin brightened? Maybe.It has certainly become even and I for sure see a glow to it. Is my skin smooth? Definitely. Am I obsessed with this mas. YES. Next I'm going to try mixing in my Calcium Bentonite powder into this concoction and maybe add some lemon juice. There's so much I could do with just a base of Greek Yogurt and I'm so glad I've added this into my skin regiment.

Plain, Non-Fat yogurt works the best when using for beauty needs. I mix yogurt with honey and lemon for a hydrating facial mask. Yogurt contains probiotics that help heal skin.