Yogurt Mask

Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

Plain, Non-Fat yogurt works the best when using for beauty needs. I mix yogurt with honey and lemon for a hydrating facial mask. Yogurt contains probiotics that help heal skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I USED YOGURT MASKS FOR A FEW WEEKS,THOUGHT IT WOULD HELP MY DRY SKIN,NO NO AND NO,MY SKIN DRIED OUT SO MUCH IT TOOK A COUPLE WEEKS TO HYDRATE AGAIN,IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN EAT SALMON,CARROTS,WILD RICE,GREEN TEA,THATS WHAT WILL HYDRATE AND CLEAR ANYTHING UP ON YOUR FACE.AFTER CHANGING MY DIET AND CUTTING OUT DAIRY MY DRY SKIN IS GONE AFTER 10 YEARS.

To Read all 340 Reviews, Login or Join

tried this face mask in hope of it delivering beneficial results. ended up with red patches and the next morning my skin looked duller and worse than usual. 2 big zits popped up as well.

on 2/8/2016 6:26:00 PM

I love this DIY Yogurt Mask and I used it at least once a week or whenever i want an instant glow to my skin. It's anti-aging and also helps to heal acne and fade acne scars. It's easy, quick and affordable. All you need is plain yogurt or plain greek yogurt. Check out my Youtube DIY Yogurt mask video and let me know how you like it :) xoxo

on 12/6/2015 11:28:00 AM

This is my staple DIY face mask.

I have a medium fair complexion that tans very easily especially on my forehead. My mother asked me to use this as a detan and glow pack. And it worked wonders!

I mix the yogurt with a few drops of lemon juice and honey. To this mixture I add a pinch of turmeric powder/ raw turmeric and 2-3 crushed saffron stamens. I keep the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours before applying. I keep this on for half an hour. If I want an exfoliating scrub, I mix about half a tsp of lentil or oats powder to it and then scrub it off with a washcloth.

I used to be MAC NC40 - NC 42 before. After 2 months of religious skin care routine and 3 times a week yogurt mask application I am now NC 30!!! No more hideous tan on my forehead.....

Boy!! Do I love this mask or what??

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes for this one, I really did. I had a couple of nasty, cystic pimples on my face and was in search of a mild, natural remedy. This mask had great reviews and what could be easier than slathering some yogurt on your face... So, I tried it.

To my surprise, my existing pimples were redder and angrier the day after using the mask. Additionally, I found my skin to feel tight and a little itchy immediately after washing off the yogurt. I've never had any issues with dairy or lactose before, but apparently my skin is not a fan.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I swear this not only brightens your face and moisturizes but it is good for acne too! Last summer when I had extreme acne breakouts on my chest I put yogurt on it 3 times a day and within a week it all diminished. So I use this mask religiously on my face as well because I had encorporated yogurt in my routine when I was suffering from acne a year ago! Love it. I just use organic yogurt not mixed with anything because I am lazy lol. Leave on for 20 minutes! I used to mix with lemon or lime or honey but now I mix my honey mask with lemon :)

For glowing skin, I use a mask made from Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of Vitamin C powder, but normally I just slather it on the way it is and wash it off in 10-15 min. My skin is combination, sensitive... this mask makes it simply glow and helps with blemishes and also dry patches. I do not use 0% Fat, probably why it is hydrating.

on 6/19/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, this didn't work for my acne. Didn't think it would. Lactic acid hasn't been shown to work on acne (have you seen any anti-acne products featuring lactic acid lately? Nope.) Products with lactic acid are marketed towards dry, flaky skin (sometimes aging skin, too). And that's exactly what a plain old yogurt mask is good for. The lactic acid eats through the dead flakes that make your skin feel rough, and leave a smoother, more even-toned surface. The cold from the fridge helps with any redness or irritation. The fat in the yogurt is a natural moisturizer (you can feel the film it leaves behind, if you wash off the mask with just plain water). It makes a visible difference. However, after about two hours, my face goes back to normal (slightly oily, slightly clogged, slightly red, not too bad).

I use this mask whenever I manage to burn my face through the overuse of benzoyl peroxide and/or salicylic acid treatments (things that actually DO work for acne, but beware overdoing them). Yogurt essentially resets the skin, bringing it to a clearer, more moisturized, calmer state. It's an aid to a skincare routine, but it shouldn't be the center of a skincare routine.

I really do like yogurt, I do. I remember forever ago I did a plain yogurt, coconut water, and honey mask and it was absolutely lovely. I was going in for an acting interview and I wanted my skin to look good. My skin looked great, but unfortunately they pushed me towards the modeling area, which I had zero interest in.
Otherwise, I just use plain Greek. It's a bit easier to apply because it's thicker. When I was suffering a mad acne breakout because I quit my birth control pill and I was dumb enough to try using coconut oil as a moisturizer, the yogurt wasn't very effective. But now that my skin has calmed down a lot, I'm willing to start this up again. The yogurt hasn't ever bothered my skin, and I love doing masks, especially DIY's. Obviously do a patch test if you're leery of having an adverse reaction. If all goes well, I suggest giving it a shot.

Popular Masks