4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I actually don't use yogurt, I use sour cream, but there isn't a listing for a sour cream mask so I thought I'd go ahead and add my 2 cents here. I never have plain yogurt in the house and when I first started looking at lactic acid for a mask, I would buy a small plain yogurt and it would go bad, and I would have to go and buy another for the two teaspoons I would be using as my mask. So I figured sour cream should do what yogurt does, and I always have sour cream. My skin is very dry, and I'm extremely sensitive...not in an acne way, more fragrances, silicones, dyes, and irritants that give me a rash or hayfever symptoms. I use extra light olive oil as my serum and DHC is the only moisturizer I can use, so simple DIY products are the only way for me. I love this mask, it smooths my skin, and I feel it draws out the impurities. I don't leave it on longer than 10 or 15 minutes, for me once it's dry, I see no reason to leave it on any longer. I put it everywhere including on my eyelids, lips, neck, etc., and have never had a reaction. I definitely think it softens my fine lines, evens out my skintone, makes it brighter, and it feels more moisturized. I also like it for my hands and legs. I wonder if the probiotics in yogurt would cause the sensitivity in some people...I was surprised how many people had reactions to yogurt. But then again, I can't use aloe (burns my skin) or oatmeal (makes me sneezy and congested), so you just never know what someone might react to. For me, I saw no difference in using yogurt versus sour cream, so if you're out of plain yogurt, you might try sour cream, but I would only use something like Daisy, that doesn't have extra fillers.

About reviewer (401 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

9 months ago

Listen, so my chin broke out really badly and, on top of that, it was peeling severely. I tried purchasing full fat Greek Yogurt as some reviewers recommended, but my grocery store only had none fat so I opted for that. Let me tell you how much saved my skin in 20 minutes! My chin burns less and 90% of the dead skin that was shedding off was exfoliated. I love Greek Yogurt, lactic acid is the way to go. If your grocery store only has non fat, it still works just as good in terms of exfoliation. I don’t know about moisturizing, but it did make the rest of my face feel plump and brightened. Happy masking!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Was seriously amazed as the result, left it on for 30 minutes and felt skin flaking off after. Followed up with a rich moisturiser and felt like a whole new person.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I have fair, sensitive, combination skin and I'm older (62 currently) with uneven pigmentation and a bit of ezcema on my neck. I tend to be careful with facial cleansers and exfoilators because of the reactivity of my skin. I've been using plain yogurt masks for a while (usually adding some ground oatmeal for its soothing qualities for my redness/ezcema). Not only does it feel wonderful going on, after it leaves my skin brighter and softer and reduces the appearance of my age spots slightly. Recommend.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

I'm lactose intolerant so before putting it on my face I read some articles to make sure that I can use it. I can, only people with allergies can't. My skin always badly reacts to AHA, it can't stand it at all, but I was thinking that trying it in form of the greek yogurt mask might work better for me. I was wrong. Next day after I did a mask (plain greek yogurt with nothing else) my skin became red and un two days it started peeling off badly. Frankly, I never had any luck with DIY skin care and I believe this would be the last thing I've tried.

About reviewer (642 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I mix a drop or two of lemon and a teaspoon of yogurt,im loving the difference so far,my skin feels healthy after years of using chemically derived product.Although it takes time, it does work!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

absolutely great to use this on your face. i use greek yogurt and you only need a teaspoon full. you can mix it with oatmeal, honey, turmeric or whatever. Leaves your skin feeling wonderful, smooth and hydrated.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

1.0
from

3 years ago

No, no, no. I have not had the best luck with DIY skincare (Argan, coconut, olive, almond, tamanu, and jojoba oils were also a fail, and as a result of overdoing essential oils, like tea tree and lavender, I had to go to the doctor twice). My only excuse for trying this is yogurt seems like a benign source of AHA and there are tons of positive reviews. My skin has historically tolerated AHA, BHA and retinoids even at the prescription level. This was messy, dehydrating and irritating to my mature combination skin. My skin is already tending towards dry and prone to hives and milia. This exacerbated problem areas. I have allergies, but no lactose intolerance and no issues with eating yogurt or honey. (I bought an expensive jar of Manuka (sp?) honey that doesn't even taste as good as the cheaper stuff. Better to use the yogurt in yogurt cake. Or eat it plain.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I've been using this product ever since reading about it here 3 years ago. I absolutely love it. I love it so much I could kick myself for all the times I get bored with it and stop using it altogether. I use plain white 2% Fage plain Greek yogurt. This weekend I mixed it with Goody's powdered aspirin (I get that at Cub if you have one near you). I apply it in the morning, leave it on for about 15 minutes, and after rinsing it off, my face is baby soft and rosy all day. So wonderful and highly recommended, with or without the aspirin.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

I've been using Greek yogurt masks for years. Such an inexpensive way to gently exfoliate my sensitive skin and this mask always leaves my face looking polished and glowy. I occasionally mix turmeric into the yogurt for its anti-inflammatory properties. I remove in the shower with either a baby washcloth or Swissper and then follow-up with my EL Advanced Night Repair. For those that, like me, can't use the harsh acids found in many skincare products, the small amounts of lactic acid in yogurt can be a perfect way to exfoliate and smooth out the skin's surface.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age30-35