La Roche-Posay EFFACLAR Duo

La Roche-Posay EFFACLAR Duo

3.6

2018: •AQUA / WATER•GLYCERIN•DIMETHICONE•ISOCETYL STEARATE•NIACINAMIDE•ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE•SILICA•AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE•METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER•POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE•SORBITAN OLEATE•ZINC PCA•GLYCERYL STEARATE SE•ISOHEXADECANE•SODIUM HYDROXIDE•MYRISTYL MYRISTATE•2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL•ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE•MANNOSE•POLOXAMER 338•DISODIUM EDTA•CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID•CAPRYLYL GLYCOL•VITREOSCILLA FERMENT•XANTHAN GUM•POLYSORBATE 80•ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER•SALICYLIC ACID•PIROCTONE OLAMINE•PARFUM / FRAGRANCE*********** Previous ingredients: Salicylic acid - 0.5 aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

HG product for me. I’ve been using this for my acne and as a day moisturizer since about 2014.

For me, it’s the perfect combination of just enough hydration for my oily skin without feeling heavy or clogging the skin, as well as absolutely fantastic for my form of acne. I have adult acne thats mostly mild but appears all over my face, all the time. I get the occasional cystic acne, but rarely. The effaclar duo helps with my acne, but also hyperpigmentation. It’s not a miracle cure (I doubt anything is) but it keeps the bulk of it at bay. My skin just looks so much more even and alive.

I’ve come to find that niacinamide is extremely effective for my acne, and it’s one of the top ingredients in this.

While it’s a miracle worker on my skin, I don’t think this is the best kind of product for cystic acne. When I get my occasional deep red painful spots, this doesn’t do much. It definitely isn’t enough hydration if you’ve got dry skin, or live in dry climates. But in winter I just add on another face oil (I recommend The Ordinary’s Squalane).

The price isn’t great if you’re anywhere outside of France. But there are ways to get them on discount if you live elsewhere, just takes a bit more effort. With twice daily use, it lasts me about 3 months. Double that if only used once a day.

I’ve tried many other all-over face products with niacinamide as a top ingredient but nothing is quite as effective as the effaclar duo. I will continue to repurchase til the end of time.

on 2/4/2019 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a year and I think it's a solid product - it's not a miracle cure, but in my experience it definitely helps if you have mild acne.

I came off Acutane a few years ago and still get fairly regular break outs. I have noticed that Effaclar Duo helps prevent major spots - they're smaller and less frequent since I started using it.

However, I was less convinced by the product's claims to help hyperpigmentation - I haven't really noticed my acne marks fading (but my skin is very fair so it's a big task).

I would also say that Effacular Duo makes a nice, light daytime moisturiser for slightly oily skin. It works well with most of my foundations.

on 11/29/2018 1:22:00 AM

I have slightly dry/acne prone/sensitive 23y/o skin and this product did not work for me at all... I purchased because of a social media influencer who has similar skin to mine who had recommended to people who struggled with congested pores, I purchased both the original cream and the tinted one for days where I wanted some light coverage. Upon applying the cream my skin feels warm which I always find slightly alarming with any product other than peels or chemical exfoliators. The tinted version is literally impossible to blend even with fingers a sponge iv tried a blush and even mixing it with some moisturiser to loosen it a little and I am always left with patches where the cream has no colour and then orange blobs it’s the strangest thing.. but appearances aside the “warming” sensation turns to burning and eventually I am rushing to the sink to get this crap off my face! I can’t stand it I feel suffocated with it on and have to soothe my skin with aloe and rose water for the next for hours!! The ingredients are very irritating for a brand that prides themselves in being experts in sensitive skin ... It’s MAJOR NO! Get a sample the company suck and won’t allow a return ...

on 11/22/2018 6:57:00 PM

I think that this isn't a bad moisturiser, it just didn't do anything for my acne when I had it. To be fair I did have fairly moderate hormonal acne so I can't really expect a moisturiser to get rid of it though. I loved the consistency, it's sorta like a gel, it's really refreshing and cooling! The packaging was ok, nothing to shout about. Overall I'd recommend this if you have a few spots but anything more severe than that maybe give this a miss.

on 11/15/2018 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have had this for about a year and use as needed on spots or lumps. I think it is strong because it does sometimes show up slightly red in areas I have applied it, the next morning (if used overnight), and it does reduce some spots and breakouts by I'd say around 30%, but doesn't kill a spot or a lumpy area or breakout. I think there may be better products out there for that. It's reasonable and helps but I'd try others on the market next time around to find something that is punchier and fail proof.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This doesnt irritate my skin. Texture doesnt feel sticky or leaves a residue on your skin. On a larger scale i may have lesser pimples and my marks faded a little, but i have not really seen anything dramatic.

on 9/13/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I wrote a whole long review but deleted it. I don't have cystic acne like some people, but I would occasionally get some, plus infected whiteheads I messed with. So I hoped products like this would cut the infection rate. Basically I hated BP treatments since using Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing lotion. It made my skin taught, shiny, flakey and raw while I still had breakouts. It was a mess. Because I'm more dry than oily, these types of treatments tend to be disastrous.

Eventually I tenatively tried this and thought it was working better, but after some time I felt the same. Oddly, I use Clean and Clear 10% BP as well as Equate's version and those are fine. But every time I pull this out, it does the same. I tried enough times to give it another chance until I just chucked it. So maybe it works for some, but it messes my skin up badly.

on 8/13/2018 12:46:00 PM

I think this is a great SPOT treatment. I can't imagine using it all over my face, though.

If I feel a blemish coming on, I use this along with Persagel and it usually goes away. Not overnight, but it doesn't become a nightmare.

This combo DOES cause dryness. So, I would not use a lot. If you get scaliness. I'd slather on thick Aloe Vera gel and you should be good by morning. Things will peel away.

on 6/27/2018 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Holy grail! I use the European version with salisylic acid, and this totally cleared my skin after it went haywire when I went on Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. It helps keep my skin relatively oil free, works great under foundation. I used to use it morning and night, but noticed it works just as good if only used in the morning, and one tube has lasted me about 7 months now, just bought a second one. Liked this so much I also bought the tinted one, it is a really good substitution for foundation if you only need light coverage.

I actually recently stopped using this, and three days later my skin was breaking out again so I definitely saw how effective this is, as I haven't really had any breakouts for the 6 months that I've been using this.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I had a Breakout of adult acne a few months ago. This came out of the blue although I've always been prone to spots here and there. It got really bad to a point where I wouldn't want to even walk around the house without make-up on despite my husband's reassurance, which is not something i've been bothered about before. In desperation I searched for something which might get my skin back under control. I came across the reviews for La Roche posay and decided to give it a go. I was wary of allergic reaction like some reviewers so tried a little tester on my skin in boots prior to purchase. No issues for me and within a few days of using the moisturizer my skin was much better. A few weeks later I decided to buy all three products in the range which is more than I would usually spend but I loved the moisturizer so much I was willing to invest. Now my skin is probably the best it's ever been. I don't even need to wear foundation anymore. I haven't had a spot in ages and my skin feels clear and glowing. I would definitely recommend these products to anyone prone to spots