Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Best felt-tip eyeliner I ever tried.
It has intense color, very easy to apply, has wide range of shades (not just the ones in safe zones), and stays on for long time. On places where you might sweat/exposed to water, it's better to use eye primer before using this liner because it'd help the liner stay longer. It also doesn't wash off easily - be sure to properly clean this with oil-based remover to avoid weird staining in the eye area.

on 7/14/2016 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have oily eyelids, and have monolids, so I'm prone to the panda eyes.

The eyeliner has a nice small tip. But I find it difficult to apply - it tugs on my skin, and then my lines always skip. It's nice and opaque.

Even with primer/eyeshadow to set/setting spray - this only lasts approx 6 hours before it smudges and out comes the panda.

Kat vD's eyeliner has a better longevity. But the only brand I have found that won't smudge for me is Etude House - Oh my Eye and Proof 10.

My sister liked it though, with no issues. I think this is a good product for most people, but if you're challenged like me, then I would give it a miss.

To Read all 690 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/3/2016 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Opaque color, no smudge, long lasting, easy to wear. Best liquid liner ever. Period.

on 7/2/2016 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Best eyeliner. End of story.

I'm very happy with this product. It is easier to use than any other eyeliner I've used (liquid or gel). It is pigmented and stays on all day. If I roughly touch my eye during the day, it WILL flake off a little, which was disappointing. That being said, this is still the best eyeliner I've ever used.

At first, I loved this liner. The formula is wonderful and it did truly stay all day.

However, after about a dozen uses, the tip of the pen became useless. 1/16 of an inch doesn't sound like a big deal, but when it's the 1/16" at the tip of your liquid liner, dried out and saggy-soft like a decade-old hobby sponge, drawing wings becomes an impossible and frustrating feat. I attempted to re-wet it by depositing some of the product on the back of my hand, then drawing the tip through the wet liner, but my efforts proved futile.

I'm also disappointed that Stila has ditched the low-key brown paper packaging that went so well with their typewriter font, in favor of the same gaudy gold found on innumerable makeup products. Ugh.

In a perfect world, I'd buy the Stila formula in the Kat Von D brush pen. For much less than $22.

on 6/17/2016 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Prior to finding Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, this was my preferred liquid liner. "Was" being the key word.

I'm suspecting Stila may have reformulated these recently because the last two purchases I've made of this, the product has not been up to usual snuff. I don't wear eyeshadow every day, but I do wear eyeliner and I find liquid liner to be the most effective for me as I do a lot of winged liner.

The packaging is pretty standard for a liquid liner; it comes in pen form and has a felt-tip head for applying the liquid to the eyelid/waterline/wherever you're applying it. There isn't really anything remarkable and it is colored based on the color you're using, which is convenient.

The reason I suspect the reformulation comes down to the pigmentation. Recently, it has been taking more product to get to the opacity and because of that, the product runs down faster. It wouldn't be so bad if these things weren't $20 a pop and I wasn't replacing it every 3 months, when previously, I was getting 6 months between replacements. Additionally, I've noticed the formula is not as long-wearing as it was previously. Although I have hooded eyelids, I've noticed that the color fades significantly after 8 hours of wear, and it's almost gone after 12.

That is hardly "Stay All Day," Stila. That is "Stay for maybe a work day, not like, a whole day or anything."

I didn't notice any smudging with these previously, and that's still the case here. I also find these to be slightly more water-resistant than the Kat Von D liners, but it's not waterproof by any means as it claims to be. What I do notice is that the felt-tip frays out faster and if you wear eyeshadow--forget it. It is going to drag like RuPaul.

For beginners, felt-tip isn't the worst option, but you'll need a steadier hand to apply it because it doesn't have as much give. The felt-tip on this one is very firm, which is great when you're trying to make a thick line, not so much for thinner lines.

I used to really love this product, but because of the changes made to it, I don't think another one will be in my future. It's not a bad product, it's just not the one for me anymore.

Pros:

- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Travel-friendly
- Does not smudge

Cons:

- Color needs to be built up (previously was not like this)
- Product is not waterproof as claimed
- Felt-tip can be difficult to use and frays easily
- $20 for 0.016 oz is very expensive price per oz
- Difficult to apply over eyeshadow
- Color fades after 8 hours of wear (which may not be a bad thing if you're only wearing makeup for a short time during the day, but when you claim to be "Stay All Day...")

on 6/13/2016 1:46:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! Once it's on there's absolutely no budging or smudging. That means no transferring to your upper lid, no smudging to your lower lashing, it's great. If you want an all day/ night eye liner, Stila is your brand. Also, I never have any problems with the liner coming out, and it comes out very evenly. Only catch, you need to have a steady hand and get plenty of practice doing liner, but it's totally worth it.

This eyeliner is great, from the pigmentation to the lasting power. I have tried many eyeliners in the past which have flaked and smeared, but this eyeliner does not disappoint, and stays on all day. However, the tip is a bit thin, and that makes it a bit hard to apply. It takes me a while to make a wing with this eyeliner because it is so thin, but it is not impossible, and the end result is fabulous. Although the price is a bit too much for an eyeliner, I would definitely say it is worth every penny and buy this again.

on 6/12/2016 4:56:00 PM

Love, Love, Love, Did I mention Love? Never have I used an eyeliner that doesn't smudge and that stays put as well as this one. I highly recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana