Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

The problem I have that I didn't see anyone mention yet is that the formula is not very matte. I have it in black and it reflects too much light and is a touch shiny. I prefer the formula of my Almay liquid eyeliner. Too bad, the brush on this made getting that thin line in the inner corner super easy.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product in dark brown, about 3 different of their shades of blue, and emerald green. I plan to try other colors as well. This is my favorite all time liner. There is no easier one to apply, the color lasts all day, and it really shows up! For eyeliner it is pricey and doesn't last as long as most drug store brands, but for ease of use and quality I find it worth the extra pricing. Just wait until Black Friday/cyber Monday sales and stock up for the year. *Things that may make a difference in wear-I no longer wear eyeshadow. I opt for colors of eyeliner instead. The powder may make a difference in wear. I do not have oily lids and live in a fairly dry environment. Wear may be different for those in humid climates, but that would be most any product. I do a thick line across the top lash. Sometimes the bottom too depending on the look/time of day. I don't do the winged look (it is ridiculous on me), so I can't rate how it works there. I only have moderate luck doing the inner upper lid-it fades more quickly, but I expect that. Great product. It is the standard by which I judge all other eyeliner 'experiments'. I only still try other brands because I wish to find the same results at a better price point.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this on top of inglot gel liner, to make it extra dark and to get the wing on point! Can get a little liquidity towards the inner corner of the eyes if you have a crease there which I do with my Asian eyes, so let it dry before you open them! Otherwise dries and stays in ALLLL day and doesn't move!

on 2/20/2017 8:37:00 PM

hands down the best liquid eyeliner. Does not smugde, lasts all day and matt black.

on 2/7/2017 1:13:00 AM

Pigmented and easy to apply. Lasts all day!

on 1/27/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product twice, just to make sure I had ample time to test it out. Disclaimer: I have oily lids, which doesn't play well with eye makeup without primer, so I always use Urban Decay primer potion with my eye products.

Pros:
- Lasts all day, for the most part, except on the outer corners of my eyes, which even UDPP can't help :(
- The felt-tip applicator is flexible and soft, which makes it easier to use
- Packaging is simple and great

Cons:
- Dries out quickly unless you store it properly (felt-tip side down)
- Always leaves black smudginess on my undereyes by the end of the day, even when I wear no mascara at all
- Thins out to a greyish color when it's almost gone, which I understand, though, since... how else are you supposed to know when your product is all gone?

It's served me well, but nowadays I'm favoring the Milani eye tech extreme liquid eyeliner which also lasts all day and leaves me without racoon eyes by the end of the day.

on 1/17/2017 7:17:00 AM

Some people say it dries out or gets less black in a shorter time than expected. I can't say I'm having the same experience. I purchased this in October and have been using this almost every day since and it still applies like new.. maybe I got a super one ( opposite of a dud!). However I'm still struggling with a smooth application/wing. I'm much better with gel liner and a thin angled brush. The reason I rate this a 4 is because I'm not crazy how it dries glossy. I prefer a matt look, and it wont layer very well.. if I need to go over my line, it'll tug and start to look crusty. I can confirm that this definitely lasts through the day though!

on 1/12/2017 1:29:00 AM

If this really "stayed all day," it would get 5 stars from me. Sadly, my oily eyelids make any wing I do fade off by the end of the day, and it's definitely not waterproof since I've cried it off before. The applicator is easy to work with and the pigment is good, but I wish it was longer lasting. The Milani Infinite eyeliner, although harder to work with, lasts infinitely longer than this, and it's only 8 dollars

on 1/8/2017 10:30:00 PM

I don't understand the rave. This liner is difficult to work with, especially compared to the tattoo liner. If you have crepey eyelids stay away from this one. Physician's formula lash boosting liner is half the price and better quality.

I got a big ol' frownie face from the Sephora SA when I returned this because I HATED it. She said EVERYONE loves it! I purchased it in midnight and the color was patchy-definitley not opaque!!

My issues:. The tip. I hated the tip. Mind you I have hooded eyes and have given up attempting a cat eye, which I told it is primarily used for. Since I do have hooded eyes, I don't have a whole lot of real estate for eyeliner. I need the pigment close to my eyelashes, which means I need a thin, pointed tip to do so. The tip is super flexible and I struggled to get any product out without laying it completely sideways. Ugh. HATED IT.

I wanted to try something different and everyone seems to love the Stila eyeliner. Just wasn't for me. I returned and purchased another LANCOME Artliner, which I do love.