3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a day ago

I have the spf 25 version but I'm pretty sure they're the same. It claims to be a moisturizing lotion but I dont think it's enough for my combination skin and certainly not for dry skin types. People with oily skin might find it more suitable. I use it before I put on my actual moisturizer. It's not greasy and a little goes a long way. It doesn't crease my makeup at all. I love that it's non-comedogenic as most of facial sunscreens from regular sunscreen brands tend to clog my pores and it's nice that it doesn't have a fragrance as most or the times sunscreen fragrance tends to linger on and annoy me throughout the day.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Relaxed, Medium

15 days ago

Ok, so this moisturizer doesn't work well under makeup and leaves a bit of a white cast (although it has less of a white cast once it sinks in for a bit -- probably won't work well for someone with a deeper skin tone, unfortunately). But it is helpful when my skin is being difficult and I just need something non-irritating to help it along. I like that this has ceramides and niacinamide to help calm and heal irritated skin. I re-started using a retinoid after stopping for a year, and oh boy, my skin wasn't as ready as I thought it was. So I've been using this to help get me through the start-up period, and I think it is helpful. I used to think that it broke me out, but I don't really think so anymore, at least not during the winter (now). It is probably too heavy for summertime use, for me, but in the winter it's fine and maybe even good that it's a little richer. So I realize that this is a weird review, but overall, the good outweighs the bad for my specific needs (a soothing moisturizer with SPF for irritated, winter skin).

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 months ago

There’s a knack to applying this cream without it pilling and you can’t wear foundation over it unless it’s sponged on very carefully. I don’t wear foundation, so this one works for me. Apply a relatively thick layer, let it sit for about 10 seconds and then start to lightly blend the whiter areas with your fingertips.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

2 months ago

This moisturizes well but breaks me out everytime i use it.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 months ago

I recently ran out of my usual day cream and wanted to switch to something unscented. I decided to try this because it’s one of few with a decent spf and got really good reviews on a bunch of sites, but unfortunately I don’t think it works for me. I don’t usually get cysts or whiteheads but as soon as I started using this I got a giant cyst, smaller cycts, white heads, and bumps, which only stopped appearing as soon as I stopped using it. It’s surprising considering I’ve been using the cerave hydrating cleanser for months and it’s fine and I don’t even have oily skin, I was actually worried it wouldn’t be heavy enough since it says it’s for normal or oily skin. The texture seemed fine though, might actually be too heavy for some people with oily skin. It smells like unscented sunscreen which I like but might not be for everyone. But yeah, had to stop using it, which sucks cause it isn’t cheap for a drugstore moisturizer.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

from

4 months ago

As a moisturiser, it's... decent. It moisturises, it does the job. But it pills a LOT, has a sunscreen fragrance, looks a bit greasy, and dries slowly. I've tried most of the other Cerave moisturisers and they're all better than this one by a landslide.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

1.0

7 months ago

I had high expectations of quality, considering this is a CeraVe product. I wanted to love it, but I truly don't have anything good to say about it. It pills terribly! The only way that I can get it to work(to some degree) is if I apply it as soon as I finish washing/drying my face & wait 15mins to carefully put on lotion/primer/foundation, otherwise it's a hot mess. You have to work quickly because it dries ridiculously fast & then that is when the pilling starts! It shouldn't be this much of a hassle to apply a facial lotion, but unfortunately, it is... I will definitely not repurchase.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

7 months ago

It’s okay if you’re not wearing make up maybe but the pilling was so bad for me...

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 months ago

I have nothing to complain about it, I did not like other Cerave products that much but this one is fine 🌎. My skin reacts good with this, and one pump per application is enough for me, it blends and protects at the same time, it’s moisturizing enough for me (having a T-zone combination skin), and it keeps me moisturizer over the whole day! 5 Lipsticks 😬 <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/pPa2-_ghc4U"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/pPa2-_ghc4U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (226 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 months ago

Most important is that I am a prescription Retin-a user. So I have to be careful with sun exposure. Also, I tend to break out when I put sunscreen on my face. So I was cautious when I tried this product. I am glad to say that it works wonderfully and does not break me out. It moisturizes fantastic and has a good SPF. I am a mineral makeup wearer so I don't like heavy feeling things on my skin. This is not heavy at all but when I put it on, I slightly wet my hands and then apply the drop of lotion into my wet hands to spread it. I just like the way it spreads when I do it that way. I would recommend this to other Retin-a users as you know that sunscreen is a priority to keeping those good wrinkle free results and to anyone who wants a good moisturizer with a built in sunscreen.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55