CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

3.2

Active Ingredients:Homosalate 10, Meradimate 5, Octinoxate 5, Octocrylene 2, Zinc Oxide 6.3Inactive Ingredients: Water, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 5/17/2018 10:58:00 PM

Good, but not great. not much moisturizing, dry feeling, leaves white film.

on 5/12/2018 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Hello, all! Yes, I know there are hundreds of reviews for this product already posted, but let me add my "two cents." I really like CeraVe products in general: PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion, Hydrating Cleanser Bar, and Skin Renewing Night Cream (purple & white label).

Alas, I cannot place the AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion (SPF30) among these. Here's why:

1) If I put anything on before this lotion (after a morning cleanse), the lotion then pills! I have to pat down my face gently in order to remove all the pills without wiping off the product. It's a balancing act (and time consuming).

2) I'm happy that it contains ZnO (6.3%), but I'm not too keen on the chemicals. For me, a 100% mineral sunscreen does the trick!

3) Compared to my mineral sunscreen (a Canadian brand called Live Clean [Face] 45 SPF Mineral Sunscreen Lotion), my makeup does not sit well over the CeraVe product because it leaves my face a bit greasy. Within a short period, my makeup -- even lightly applied -- typically begins to slide all over the place.

I wanted to like this product, and the price was right ($11.99 + tax CAD) since I certainly LOVE the sister product, the PM version. However, I won't buy this again.

I'm sticking with 100% mineral sunscreen lotion. I have no pilling or oily sheen issues, and I wear a serum and/or moisturizing lotion under this product and loose, foundation powder, bronzer, and blush on top.

Let me end on a positive note for CeraVe: I really like the pump container. I control the amount I want, and it comes out clean (no mess or residue around the pump).

At first I really liked it as it hit all of the boxes (broad spectrum, unscented, thick consistency, no white cast, not super greasy) but.... it is a very high maintenance product in terms of I have to be particular to what goes on underneath it so it doesn't pill. Skin must be freshly washed and can only use a serum underneath which is a problem because I don't find it moisturizing enough and need another moisturizer underneath. Great product I just wish it didn't pill so easily. I'm looking for a sunscreen I can just slap on in the morning and go about my day.

I have combination, dehyrdated skin. Super oily but still flaking skin.

This moisturizer has worked fantastic on my skin, it does not cause any reactions and I like that it has sunscreen. I don't find that the smell is too strong at all.

I agree with others though that it isn't too moisturizing, it accentuates the dry patches on my forehead but looks beautiful on the rest of my face. I usually end up putting another layer of moisturizer for my forehead.

on 3/25/2018 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It smells like heavy sunscreen you would wear to the beach. It pilled up horribly and flaked off even on a bare face and when using patting motions rather than rubbing it in. I also started getting more whiteheads after using this which I have never gotten before.

on 3/6/2018 3:11:00 PM

this is horrible. when you try to rub it in it starts to crumble and peel, its thick and heavy and yet drying, and leave a whitecast. I can't think of a single person that will like this.

I LOVE Cerave's PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion, so I thought adding the AM version into my routine was a no-brainer. Unfortunately, it does not work well with my skin. I was surprised to discover it was incredibly drying on my already-dry skin. Within a day or two, my face became itchy, especially around the outer nostrils. I don't wear makeup every day, but today as I was applying some foundation, I noticed my skin had a ton of dry patches. I've been using Differin for about 9 months now, and it's been awesome. My skin has looked the best it has in years. However, with the addition of this AM product, it's itchy, dry and blotchy. For now, I will switch back to my Neutrogena Hydro Boost moisturizer (which is okay, but I need something more potent in the winter) and the Neutrogena Clear Face sunscreen (which is awesome!)
I love every other Cerave product I've tried so far, so I was really bummed this didn't work out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am almost 46. I started using Cerave with the hydrating cleanser, which didn't work either. This felt heavy on my face and broke me out. My skin is dry and very sensitive. The only time my face breaks out is from a product I have used on my face or hair and this was one. Every Cerave product I have tried has broke me out so I just stopped using. I can't see using any of their products for sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually quite like this product, but it is definitely finicky so I understand the "meh" rating.

Here's how it works for me:

After washing my face with water in the morning, I use Indeed Labs Vitamin C24 and allow it to sit on my face for about 20-30 minutes while I get ready for my day. In the wintertime, if I need some extra moisture, I will pat a couple drops of rosehip oil on my skin and let that settle in for a few minutes. Then when my skin feels ready, I use two pumps of the CeraVe AM, spread it in my hands and then gently pat all over my face and neck until it's absorbed. Another minute or two to allow this to settle and onto my makeup application.

The main complaints I notice are that this is drying and that it pills. I can definitely see the potential for both which is why I use this over top of a moisturizing serum or oil and when I apply it, I pat it in rather than smoothing or rubbing. I should also note that I don't wear any foundation or concealer, only a light powder to even my skin tone and reduce shine. So I can't make any comment about its performance under makeup.

Overall, I like this product and I think that for the price this is a kick-ass SPF lotion with a kick-ass line up of skin nourishing ingredients. I will continue to purchase and use. I removed 1 lippie due to the aforementioned finicky-ness.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use and love other Cerave products such as the hydrating cleanser, lotion (moisturizing and pm versions), and cream. Those items have been staples for years. I've purchased the eye repair cream about 4 times and do not plan on buying another- I gave it a fair shot but it was just meh.
I used the AM product years ago and liked it but switched to something else when I found out it did not have proper UVA protection (it has since been reformulated). I decided to try it again when I was running low on my more expensive daytime SS. The other reviewers pretty much summed up my feelings as well: it pils and my makeup doesn't sit right. I do not have any problems blending in 3 pumps on face, 1 pump on my neck, and 1 pump on my chest ... maybe because I'm fair skinned or maybe I'm just not using the proper amount?
Anyway, I thought about just using it on no makeup days but I'm sensitive to something in it. It's not the niacinamide because I have been using that for years. The skin under my eyes has a burning sensation. It is similar to when I use products with avobenzone.
While I love other Cerave products, the AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is a fail for me.
For anyone interested in trying something comparable at the drug store, Olay Complete spf 30 sensitive skin worked great.