CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

3.2

Active Ingredients:Homosalate 10, Meradimate 5, Octinoxate 5, Octocrylene 2, Zinc Oxide 6.3Inactive Ingredients: Water, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am almost 46. I started using Cerave with the hydrating cleanser, which didn't work either. This felt heavy on my face and broke me out. My skin is dry and very sensitive. The only time my face breaks out is from a product I have used on my face or hair and this was one. Every Cerave product I have tried has broke me out so I just stopped using. I can't see using any of their products for sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually quite like this product, but it is definitely finicky so I understand the "meh" rating.

Here's how it works for me:

After washing my face with water in the morning, I use Indeed Labs Vitamin C24 and allow it to sit on my face for about 20-30 minutes while I get ready for my day. In the wintertime, if I need some extra moisture, I will pat a couple drops of rosehip oil on my skin and let that settle in for a few minutes. Then when my skin feels ready, I use two pumps of the CeraVe AM, spread it in my hands and then gently pat all over my face and neck until it's absorbed. Another minute or two to allow this to settle and onto my makeup application.

The main complaints I notice are that this is drying and that it pills. I can definitely see the potential for both which is why I use this over top of a moisturizing serum or oil and when I apply it, I pat it in rather than smoothing or rubbing. I should also note that I don't wear any foundation or concealer, only a light powder to even my skin tone and reduce shine. So I can't make any comment about its performance under makeup.

Overall, I like this product and I think that for the price this is a kick-ass SPF lotion with a kick-ass line up of skin nourishing ingredients. I will continue to purchase and use. I removed 1 lippie due to the aforementioned finicky-ness.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use and love other Cerave products such as the hydrating cleanser, lotion (moisturizing and pm versions), and cream. Those items have been staples for years. I've purchased the eye repair cream about 4 times and do not plan on buying another- I gave it a fair shot but it was just meh.
I used the AM product years ago and liked it but switched to something else when I found out it did not have proper UVA protection (it has since been reformulated). I decided to try it again when I was running low on my more expensive daytime SS. The other reviewers pretty much summed up my feelings as well: it pils and my makeup doesn't sit right. I do not have any problems blending in 3 pumps on face, 1 pump on my neck, and 1 pump on my chest ... maybe because I'm fair skinned or maybe I'm just not using the proper amount?
Anyway, I thought about just using it on no makeup days but I'm sensitive to something in it. It's not the niacinamide because I have been using that for years. The skin under my eyes has a burning sensation. It is similar to when I use products with avobenzone.
While I love other Cerave products, the AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is a fail for me.
For anyone interested in trying something comparable at the drug store, Olay Complete spf 30 sensitive skin worked great.

on 6/18/2017 1:02:00 PM

What. A. Pain. I bought this in the hopes of using under my makeup. I am pale pale pale so a little white cast doesn't bother me if it sinks in after a bit. Applied this to my face, neck, ears and décolletage as I wanted to go for a walk outside. Waited ten minutes after rubbing in thoroughly. Went to apply my makeup. It was a disaster. Clumpy white streaks everywhere. Even where there was no white cast, the sunscreen pilled up with the slightest touch. Had to wash it all off and start over with a different product. Not sure who this product would work out for. Terrible.

I bought this because it was a best product on Beautypedia. For a daily sunscreen perhaps this product would be okay, but I find it greasy, hard to blend in, and makeup does NOT layer over it. When I try to apply foundation over this it looks WET it's so greasy. I'll stick to my Olay Protective Renewal Lotion simply because I can layer it over my makeup with no issues.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a decent facial sunscreen that provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Despite containing chemical sunscreens it never stung my eyes. It also has the added benefit of containing niacinamide an anti-aging and pore minimizing ingredient. At first there is a minimal white cast but this fades within an hour. Occasionally it will pill. The only reason I will not be repurchasing is I would prefer an all zinc sunscreen for my rosacea prone skin.

on 2/12/2017 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion because I'm a fan of CeraVe products and this one has a great ingredient profile: SPF 30, niacinimide and ceramides. Sadly, it was rather terrible as a facial moisturizer. If I had any irritation, even something small like around my nostrils, this lotion would burn. If I used it too many days in a row, even without having prior irritation, I would develop irritation from the chemical sunscreens. The product is heavy and chalky, and gives a feeling of being both greasy and dry at the same time. It was pretty much a no-go on my neck as well, leaving the skin there very parched due to the zinc content.

Having said all that, I found CeraVe AM to be fabulous as a day-time hand cream. Its texture has the perfect amount of richness, and for some reason, this formula does not dry out my hands the same way it did my neck. The drydown is somewhat matte and not greasy. If I didn't have a stash of failed sunscreens to use up on my hands, I would purchase this again as my main daytime hand cream.

on 1/2/2017 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I have oily skin. But as soon as I wash it, it gets very dry. And this happens with the skin all over my body not just my face. So I liked this product because it was thick and really helped to replenish that moisture back to my face. However, it really did cause my skin to break out. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out easily. So when I noticed the breakouts I stopped using this product. I stopped and reused about three times just because I wanted to see if the breakouts were a pattern or coincidence, turns out they were a pattern and - in my opinion - brought on by the product. It's not too expensive, it's also a pump application which would be good if the pump was a little bigger and worked for one hand use (which it isn't, and doesn't).

I like the PM version of this product so I bought the AM version because I needed spf. This stuff is gross. It is weirdly thick (especially if it is cold) and really difficult to rub into the skin. It tends to pil up which makes it look as if my skin is super dry and flaking off (it is just this moisturizer). So of course it looks terrible underneath makeup.

on 1/4/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was using this in the summer because I was breaking out like crazy and needed some decent spf. Pros:
- this cost $15 !!!! and they carry it everywhere.
- has spf 30, not 15
- the packaging works well, and you actually get a lot of product for the price (most moisturizers are around 50ml)
Cons:
- It takes a while to rub in
- May leave a white cast if you're not diligent
- Can ball up
- Dried my skin out.

If you have dry skin like me, I would suggest adding a bit of glycerin, or a very strong moisturizer to this.
it makes a great sunscreen, but not a good moisturizer