Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol , Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When it says it will stay on for 16 hours - believe that it WILL stay on for 16 hours!
It is not at all over-exaggeration by any means!

It is a holy grail for those who's oil glands work to ensure that your make up runs off as quickly as possible. If you cannot afford a good foundation, at least buying this can save you from looking like a mess just couple of hours post putting up makeup.

The one thing I REALLY like about this product is its effect on Urban Decay Naked Palette. Apply it after you have applied you eyeshadow and wait for the magic to happen. It makes the eyeshadow look like a part of you skin - it changes the color of the eyeshadow in a really nice and elegant way with much more depth- I dont have words to explain it you have to see it to believe it! I believe it has the same effect on other eyeshadows too - I just dont have any other palettes.

But if you want a different look with the same palette or wanna keep looking fresh like you just walked in the party/office - I HIGHLY recommend investing in this product. You will NOT regret it! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

At first I hated this product because it made my face feel so stiff and my makeup would crack around my mouth towards the end of the day. I returned it, but repurchased because I had an event where I needed my makeup to last all night and just thought I'd deal with the cracking. This time, I thought I'd use it differently and see if it made a difference. Instead of spritzing it on my face after my makeup was completely done, I spritzed it on my face before I set my makeup with powder. It made a world of difference and now I love this stuff!! I can't wait to use it again.

To Read all 563 Reviews, Login or Join

I love this setting spray. I've gone through several bottles over the years. It reduces the powdery look of my makeup. It prolongs the wear. It reduces oil, but try the oil control version if you need to. I notice a difference when I forget to use it. It's a must for long days. Whenever I go to a music festival I bring this (14+ hours of sweating, exercise, and heat). I've tried the 'l'oreal infallible' setting spray and think it compares. Try that if you don't want to splurge. Scandinavia makes these, so check if they're having a sale before you buy urban decay.

Pros:
Prolongs makeup
Reduces oiliness
Reduces cakey look
Perfect for active people or long days

Cons:
Urban Decay is no longer cruelty free
Expensive
Contains fragrance (most setting sprays do)

THIS STUFF IS THE BEST. I have combo skin and (heads up oily gals it makes you dewy) but it's amazing!!! HOLY GRAIL FOR SURE! My crappy drugstore makeup that normally lasts for 3 hours can last for now 8. HOURS. How they do it...I have no idea but GOOD JOB URBAN DECAY!! YA DID IT!! It is a little pricey but I've used a lot of it for summer and I'm not even halfway done so I think it should last a while.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I REALLY wanted to love this stuff. It keeps my makeup on, but does nothing as far as oil control or mattifying for me. But the product doesn't really claim to do that, so that part is my fault. I still have to break out the oil-blotting sheets a few times a day. A likeable product, but not a must-have. I will try De-Slick next time!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the travel size of this product quite a while ago, and used it once or twice before deeming it ineffective. (At that time, I did not notice any notable effects from usage. Looking back, I had been to conservative in my application and not applied enough.)

About a week or so ago, I rediscovered this in my Skincare/Product graveyard. I began testing it every several days, along with a new illuminating primer and foundation. To the product's credit, it absolutely (when applied liberally) sets makeup and aids in longevity. It seems to seal products and foundation in, and the result is a slightly dewy yet unyielding mask-like (or perhaps doll-like) finish. It truly does work!

However, with that said, during my experiments I began noticing some small blemishes on my previously ultra-clear skin. I thought perhaps it was the foundation or primer; so in order to find the cause, I ceased my usage of them and used this setting spray only in addition to my regular products. Alas, after applying this today, immediately upon removal I noticed approximately 7 to 9 new little blemishes and several blackheads. (The blemishes it causes are instantaneous for me, which means my skin is allergic or irritated by one or some of the ingredients.) The good news is that the nature of these blemishes means that they should be able to heal quickly by me increasing my cell turnover and doing a peel or two. The bad news is that I liked this product a lot, and am sad that I cannot use it!

I ordered Cinema Secrets Hydrating Setting Spray and Mist today after this discovery, so am hoping this works as well. I want to avoid the temptation of using this for dates or special events, because although it works wonderfully, it's not worth the stress of cosmetic acne.

By all means, if your skin does not react to this product, and you aren't irritated by alcohol or mostly chemical ingredients, I recommend this product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is expensive but it's the only negative thing I have to say about this product.

I have oily skin, more so in the t-zone but my face also likes to eat my bronzer, blush and highlight too. I also have problems with my foundation separating or sinking into my pores, no matter what brand I use. This setting spray doesn't keep me oil-free all day but I don't have to touch up anywhere near as often which means I'm not getting cake-face and my powder products aren't being eaten by my skin. At the end of my working day, my makeup looks almost as good as when I applied it 10 hours earlier.

Holy grail for me, will keep purchasing unless I come across something cheaper that works just as well.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not sure what to say about this spray. I've used makeup setting sprays for years because my skin is so oily. I never wear makeup without using a setting spray. Back in the day I used Skindinavia's setting sprays, but eventually changed to Urban Decay. This spray definitely does hold your makeup, but I don't think it makes it last all night. For a good 8ish hours it does OK. I do have very oily skin though, so that may play a part. I have tried the Urban Decay setting spray for oily skin, but it was not anything special. Overall, this spray is good...I guess. Like I said, I do not wear makeup without a setting spray. I feel that if I did, it would immediately melt off my face.

Did nothing for me really. I'm surprised why a lot of people swearing by it. My makeup gets especially patchy after this spray. Good thing I bought the travel size one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this because i heard it was the ' holly grail ' but honestly it didn't do much for me, idk if its because it doesn't work for oily skin people. i have been through many many setting sprays but honestly i've come to a point where i'm giving up on them.
people just save your money and stop buying setting sprays.