Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol , Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this I have extremely dry rosacea prone skin and this is made in conjunction with Skindanavia (the holy trail of setting sprays). However, this is oil free and as my rosacea hates oil it is a must.
Agree with the reviewers who say it takes the powder look away. I'm a bit of an 80s girl with my makeup as in powder after foundation dust off excess and this makes me look more natural. Not sure about partying in it all night as I can't do that anymore but it definately makes my face last longer and given my commute to work is just over 1.5 hours each way it needs to last.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just recently finished my second bottle and it is when I ran out of it that I definitively saw (again :) ) the difference it makes to my makeup. I won't say it will make your foundation last for 24 hours, well at least not my foundation. But I have an extremely oily skin and without this step, my matt foundations (even the holy grail of millions of people Estee Lauders Double Wear) won't look fresh after 3-4 hours max. But if I do all the routine - primer, setting powder, setting spray I can get an extra 2-3 hours of wear which I think is quite honorable. I also like the way it takes the "powderiness" away and makes the skin look more natural, like if there's less makeup on (but I think this is something all setting sprays achieve, at least all I tried). For me it's the fact that it makes my makeup last longer that will make me buy it over a less expensieve product. So, yes, the product is useful and works better than some other setting sprays I tried even if it's pricey. Will repurchase (like today or tomorrow, as I fell I really need it now :) )

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Holy crap!! I can’t believe I never reviewed this stuff!! I’ve been using this off and on for close to 10 years. This stuff is magic. I use it after I’ve put on my makeup and it lasts all day. It makes the powder on my face set and look more skin like. On super long days I sandwich this around my makeup, spraying before as a primer, and after. I told a friend getting married about it and she used the sanwhich method on her wedding day and said it was amazing. I quit using this for several years because I kept breaking out and wasn’t sure if it was this. I’ve started using it again without any problems. I have tried deslick as well as I’m oily at times, but I think I prefer the classic all nighter. The spray is a fine and even mist so it applies evenly. Great stuff.

I wanted to like it so very much but somehow it just did not work that great for me. My makeup would end up looking patchy after 6-8 hours and I work in an office so there is minimal exposure to the sun and humidity (I live in Singapore where it is pretty hot and humid 24/7). I am not sure if this is due to the foundation that I am wearing but I have noticed that on occasions that I do not set my makeup with this spray, it actually looks better than when I do.

I saw some youtubers patting their faces with a huge face puff after spraying this on and am wondering if that actually works?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted this spray to work.. but I just don`t see it doing anything on my skin. I highly believe that my makeup would look and last the same with or without this product. Disappointing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

SKIN TYPE:
Combination, sometimes VERY oily/sometimes VERY dry and sometimes "PERFECT". If I'm moving around a lot or nervous it tends to get very oily, very fast- more oily then the average person I'd say.

RESULTS:
THIS STUFF IS GREAT. If you use a powder throughout your makeup application or finish with a powder then try this out. Sometimes I wouldn't even do my makeup that well because I'm not a expert and my powder would make me look a little dull and then I would squirt a good amount of this urban decay spray all over my face and BAM the powder literally melted into my face.... I'm dead serious. This stuff is expensive but I loved it so much that I would run out of it every 2-3 weeks, I used a lot. For me personally, it keeps my makeup looking good (not all day) but sometimes I do get a bit oily though not more oily than I usually do...it doesn't necessarily prevent oil especially if you are always on the go and very active throughout the day.. It mainly just makes your skin look velvety and soft which is great.

OVERALL: THE REASON I STOPPED USING IT
A FEW TIMES when I was nearing then end of the bottle (there was still a okay amount) I sprayed my face and a huge blob of the product came out and left a gap (a splotch) in my makeup...I hope you understand what I mean- I literally couldn't fix it... After all my hard work on my makeup/I was in a rush... and I had to redo my makeup because there wasn't anyway of fixing it. I really didn't want to risk that again because I tend to always be in a rush while doing my makeup lol SO I found something else which works for me, a light and creamy foundation which gives me that natural glow and then I apply a LIGHT powder overtop. The job I have now doesn't require much moving around so I don't NEED the urban decay spray to hold my makeup in place at the moment plus I don't want to risk ruining my makeup. TRY IT OUT but be careful when you get near to the end of the bottle because big blobs of it spray out sometimes which might ruin all your hard work...

The product is not bad but it doesn't do much for my make up. The mist is very fine, which I appreciate and it does take away the powderiness. But I haven't noticed that it made my make up last longer, which was mainly why I bought it.
I habe used it up but won't repurchase it, simply because it doesn't hold its claim and is also rather expensive.

I truly hate this product. It doesn't work for me.
Every time I used this, it settled into my fine lines. I gotta say that don't even have many fine lines, just the lines where I smile, but are rarely noticeable, since I'm just twenty and with quite a good skin. This made them look awful. It accentuated the very small fine lines I have like crazy. Also, the feeling it left in my skin was unbearable for me. I like to use makeup that doesn't feel like makeup on my skin, if you know what I mean. I can have a full face makeup on, but I choose very lightweight products that feel like skin instead of makeup. Well, this is not lightweight at all. It left my face feeling sticky and heavy after applied. It was awful.
I do not recommend this and I wouldn't buy this again. As a makeup artist, I can tell you that thermal water can do way better than this at keeping your makeup in place at more than half the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin so I can't use extremely matte finish foundation or powder.
Using natural (semi-matte) finish foundation would last a good 4~5 hours on me but I wanted it to last longer by using this famous setting spray. Sprayed this 2 times on the first day and my makeup melted off after 2~3 hours, looking greasy.
Next day, I used less skincare, sprayed this 4 times. Greasy face after just 1 hour. AFTER 1 HOUR !!
I don't even have oily skin yet there was so much oil. Why is this even popular ???
It doesn't even have good ingredients ! Alcohol is the 2nd ingredient. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

For me it doesnt do THAT much to keep my makeup in place, still have to powder, cant do only setting spray, but i love the finish of my makeup once i spray this. really idk what it does, but skin looks so much better and so much natural with this setting spray.
at first i wasnt impressed, but im repurchasing because i see a huge difference without it

Popular Primer/ Correctors