NIVEA A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care SPF 15

NIVEA A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care SPF 15
A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care SPF 15

4.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2.5%, Octinoxate 6%, Octocrylene 1.8%); Inactive Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diistearate, Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Glucoside, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Beeswax, Fragrance. (as of 10/2014)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent affordable lip balm with SPF. It's not the most moisturizing lip balm in the world, but it's a great balm for when your lips are in good shape and just need some sun protection. True to its name, it does feel smoothing. I like that it has only a very mild scent/taste. I have repurchased and will no doubt do so again, especially at $3 a tube.

on 1/4/2019 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product has spf, leaves no white cast, not glossy or matte, not too waxy feeling, has decent mositurizing ability, good packaging, easy to find, and is inexpensive. So, what's not to like? The taste, that's what. Granted the taste is extremely subtle and most people probably wouldn't even notice it, but I am hypersensitive to taste and it does taste a bit like baby oil. I just can't get past the taste, but I would still recommend it to most folks.

on 4/6/2018 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate this stuff, but I'm sure there are people who love it. For one thing, it disappears very quickly from my lips. During trips out with a drive that takes a little over an hour, I've had to reapply this at least 5 times. 5 times in one hour. In my opinion, that's ridiculous. A lip balm should last longer than that and I've had products that cost $1 do a better job of staying on my lips and moisturizing them. I can't remember how much this was (maybe $3-4), but it wasn't worth it and I will not be buying it again.

Then there's the smell, oh gods. The smell of this makes me want to gag, and the first time I opened it, I dropped it because it hit me so hard. It almost smells like some medicated lip balms, but worse. The taste if you lick your lips isn't any better.

It does nothing to moisturize my lips, and I think they actually feel worse after using this, for whatever reason. I wanted to like it, but it's an all around fail for me.

on 3/18/2017 12:59:00 AM

I kept having to reapply this because it wears off too quickly. No wonder the stick is huge compared to other lip balm. It did not moisturize my lips at all. It is very light and non-greasy but I wonder if the trade off is a lack of lasting moisture. Even though I'm not drinking or eating anything, this stuff evaporates or something. It did nothing for my chapped lips. No change whatsoever. Vaseline from a jar was much better and cheaper.

on 11/14/2016 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a bad lip balm, but it wasn't impressive to me in any way. It had a bit of a strange smell to it, almost a little sweet. Won't be repurchasing, not because it I disliked it, but because there are definitely better balms out there.

on 7/4/2016 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Best lip balm to have on hand. Smooth and silky. Not too shiny. Very soothing.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So smooth! I discovered Nivea lip balms in the UK and always brought a huge stash with me to the USA. was so excited to find they have this in the states

I love this stuff and I love they offer different flavors colors etc. I got this exact one a few years back as part of a gift set. I often see if on sale and it's available at most drugstores. It has Shea butter and it glides on your lips without being sticky and slippery. It smells nice and it's unscented so the scented ones smell even nicer. The plain one without a scent is good for both men and women . I love the packaging no tiny caps the cap encase the entire product. It is a little pricey but still under $3 . I think it's worth trying especially if your lips are chapped and need a little extra moisture. You can wear it every day under your lipstick or lip gloss or try the shimmer ones on those days you don't want to wear any lip gloss or lipstick but want some moisture and color. I think I pick some up this month great for those winter months.

on 5/18/2015 10:41:00 PM

I love this in the light blue tube & Burt's bees. The only lip balms that actually worked on my chapped lips. Very inexpensive. Better than eos imo.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I recently moved to the carribean and i had the WORST case of dry lips, I tried various brands for about two years they'd work for a week and then become dry and start peeling no matter how many times i applied the chapstick throught the day. This product however gave me the reprive ive been looking for to this day i haven't suffered dry lips like i have the previous year. Its smooth and almost calming lol i love it