Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil

4.2

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE THIS!! But before I elaborate you must understand jojoba oil does not work for everyone as you can see from other reviews which is a shame because this has been a miracle for me.
So I started using oils as a moisturiser about two years ago and I have not turned back to a normal moisturiser since. Even if you don't choose jojoba oil I highly recommend just using an oil for a moisturiser anyway, they are soo good. However, I started with hemp seed oil which was great but was hard to store as it went rancid quickly so it had to be kept in the fridge as all times so travelling with it was hard. I had heard lots about jojoba oil but was hesitant to try it because of the huge contrast in reviews. I don't know what made me change my mind and buy jojoba oil that day but I made the right choice. I didn't buy the acne.org jojoba oil but I did buy an organic one and I'm sure they are very similar. Anyway I just popped some on at night (one drop on each cheek, one drop on my nose and chin and 3 drops on my forehead on slightly damp skin which helps to lock in moisture, i use slightly more at night and in winter for extra moisture) I was just happy to have an oil that was easy to store I wasn't expecting to see what I saw the next morning...

HELLO GLOWY SKIN, oh boy it had only been on night but I could definitely see a difference, my skin was plump and smooth and I was shocked because I thought I already had alright skin and didn't expect to see this, I was quite worried I was going to break out. It had also helped to fade some marks left by previous spots. So you can see I was very surprised.

I use this oil every morning and night now, you do have to work it into the skin for about two minutes, but this is a perfect opportunity for a facial massage and to relax. I have used this under makeup (powder foundation) and it stayed well but I'm not a makeup guru so I dont know if it will give the desired effect for a professional makeup look. This oil has also helped to reduce my oil production as it is similar to the sebum produced by our own skin so it basically mimics the sebum so your skin thinks it has produced enough oil. I used to have to blot my nose at least once a day but now I rarely get shiny.

So back to the break outs and negative effects some people see. Personally the benefits or this oil are so good I would risk the side effects just to know if it works for my skin or not. Obviously I don't know how bad it is to have those side effects and someone may disagree with me, but I think its best to try it out than rather not knowing and potentially missing out on this amazing product. At least try it when you aren't going out soon or on a small part of your face. Typically the side effects are the result of your skin purging out impurities because this oil also helps to detoxify skin and cleanse it so pimples and break outs should clear within 2 weeks. If you get an extreme reaction or it doesn't clear up in a month then discontinue use. (Im not a skin specialist so this is my opinion based on what I have seen on others)

To conclude this is my skin staple, it is the product I would keep if I was only allowed one. Did I mention this oil helps you skin stay youthful, it is often noted that people with oily skin age better, so using an oil to moisturise especially one that is similar to our own sebum will help prevent wrinkles.

I could go on for ages about this oil and this review has take up about 30 minutes of my day (lol) because I just keep thinking of things to say but to wrap it up I suggest you try this, I rarely get spots now and I dread to imagine what I would be using without this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BROKE ME OUT LIKE CRAZY!!! My skin was finally healing and getting rid of all the acne thanks to the dermaDoctor products!! Then I just had to go and mess it all up! A lot of people claim this actually unclogged pores and cleared acne but it did the exact opposite for me! I put it on before I went to bed and when I woke up I discovered many huge swollen pimples on my forehead (the painful type) since using the aint misbehavin' line by dermadoctor I hadn't had any new break outs so I know it could only be the jojoba oil.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/25/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This kind of stuff is hit or miss and for me it was a miss. It broke me out but it's the type of thing you have to try for yourself before you decide wether its for you or not and from there don't look back lol.

on 9/10/2015 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love jojoba oil. It has never made me break out. It's nice to use on lips too or mix it with a moisturizer to reduce flakiness. Definitely a great "beauty oil" and amazing for acne prone skin. Jojoba oil is technically a liquid wax ester and not an oil at all. Definitely give it a try. It has good glide and slip. Doesn't absorb instantly, but gives you some playtime. It does leave a light sheen on the skin when using it. I transfer my product into a dropper container. The packaging is not good as it is an oil, so it tends to get everywhere if you are not careful and that is why a dropper container is so much easier to use.

on 12/4/2014 10:02:00 AM

After reading the nice reviews about this product, I said to myself that I have to try it! I did and it didn't go well. I tried it from many brands. It is horrible.

As a cleanser- I put a few drops in my palms, I warmed up the oil, applied it on my face and neck, massaged, washed it off first with a cotton pad soaked in warm water and then with my facial wash, followed up by my toner. Gave me deep cysts and some pimples.

As a moisturiser- the first few times I put it on dry skin and I noticed that the next morning my skin was dry with some white patches so the next evening I put it on wet skin and in the morning my skin was looking better. But after just few days, this stuff gave me pimples and cysts. I thought I am having the purging days but after a few weeks of trying different brands, I just had to give up on it because it gave me some horrible, deep, painful cysts on my neck and on my face that lasted for weeks to go away and left scars!

on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 PM

I've used a many diff brands of jojoba oil and they all work great! There's no comparison when it comes to removing eye makeup. It takes off every trace of makeup while moisturizing your eyelids. Better than olive oil because its less thick and greasy.

on 9/17/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this jojoba oil for years. I used to have acne prone skin that was very oily. At the time I was using benzoyl peroxide to treat my acne. I started using this oil by adding a couple drops to my moisturizer of choice. I like it so much that I have never stopped. I am now 40 and I no longer have oily acne prone skin, and in fact if I am not careful, I can dry my skin out. I still love to add a couple drops of this oil to my moisturizer. Even though my skin care regimen has changed drastically, I have never stopped using the jojoba oil. I love it. The ONLY complaint I have is that the bottle can get messy. I just clean it with warm water here and there. This product was great for my skin and has never broken me out. I'm still on my first bottle because I only need a drop or two at a time.

on 11/25/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Jojoba oil is the best you will find. You can use it alone as a moisturizer, bath or shower oil, hair oil, skin oil

You can use as a massage oil (add your own lavender oil, etc)

I use it as a make up remover

The BEST thing about Jojoba oil vs. many of the others -- it NEVER goes rancid

Many oils are delicate, need to be stored in the 'fridge and have a max shelf life of 6 mo to 2 yrs tops

You don't need to worry about this oil as it can last forever and will never go rancid

on 10/20/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried to use this in conjunction with the Acne.org moisturizer because my skin was drying out from all the benzoyl peroxide, but somehow this actually made my dry skin worse! I'm not sure what happened but it was only after I stopped adding the jojoba oil that my skin got back to its normal texture. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I thought I'd mention what it did for me.
That being said, it seems like a good quality oil, and it's a good amount for what you pay on the Acne.org site. The dropper bottle leaks horribly so there's a constant film of oil on the side of the bottle. This didn't work at all for me on my face so now I'm trying to find other uses for it, or just ship it back.

on 9/26/2013 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Years ago I tried Jojoba oil, and there was a problem.
Here's how oils and skin work.
Things that have a low molecular weight such as Jojoba oil, Squalene, apricot oil, and some other natural oils *will* clog your pores,because of the small molecules and lack of viscosity.
Petroleum jelly *Will NOT* clog your pores because it has a high molecular weight which creates an impenetrable film on the skin. While it doesn't moisturize the skin, it keeps it hydrated. Petroleum Jelly traps the moisture in the upper layers of the skin surface and prevents it from evaporating. If your cleanser is ineffective or your face simply isn't clean (if yuou have active pustules on your face) you will break out because vaseline traps that stuff in. That's why so many people *think" it causes break outs, but they don't know the science.
You know what doesn't clog pores?
Pond's cold cream.