Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

Price: $

Petrolatum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sorry but petroleum jelly should NOT be marketed as a moisturiser. It's an occlusive. It prevents moisture from escaping but doesn't do anything to reintroduce moisture into your skin.

better off with oils

on 10/7/2016 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Pros
-HG for my lips, better than most of the lip balms which are tend to not moisturizing enough.
-Very very cheap
-My comparator for eye creams as well. I tested Vaseline under 1 eye and any new eye creams under other eye. Surprisingly I found that most eye creams I tried(around 5) didn't deliver as good pumping effect as Vaseline under my eyes. I still looking for my HG eye cream

cons
Oily
could be messy

on 8/29/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A must have in every house. I mostly use it for cuts, burns, insect bites, or any other injury where I don't want my skin to be scarred or marked. Also as a nightly lip mask. But I'm pretty sure there are a hundred other things I can use this for too.
Also a side note: when I was 11 I had my eyelashes cut off. I used this every night and within a few months my eyelashes went back to normal. BUT I would do this with caution. When I tried this a few years ago again to make eyelashes longer, I got a huge cyst instead right on top on my eye. The first thing the doctor asked me when he saw it was if I was putting vaseline on my eyes. Apparently it was clogging my water line pores.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a jack-of-all trades product that every household should have, just in case. It can keep screws from rusting, doors from squeaking, keep your skin hydrated, etc.

I dab this underneath my eyes before I go to sleep, in order to lock in moisture. There are no pores under your eyes, so there's no worry that it will clog your skin. Any little bit of extra moisturizing helps as you get older. :)

Some people even swallow (eww) this stuff. Maybe it is a miracle product that will help your insides, but I think I'll take a pass on that idea. :O

on 6/28/2016 7:07:00 PM

I've been using this product has a lip, hand, and foot moisturizer and it has never failed to moisturize my skin effectively. This is probably the only lip, hand, and foot cream you need for basic moisturizing.

The only con I can think of for this product is that the flip top cracks easily.

A cheaper alternative that I've found is the Equate Petroleum Jelly, which costs $2 for a 13 ounce jar at Walmart.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pure HG!!! Vaseline SAVES my lips when they are chapped. I don't like the feeling on my hands but when desperate, I put on my mittens at night and LOAD UP on Vaseline. I do the same for my feet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Chapped lips would be healed by this magic in a pot! My mum has very dry skin and she uses this on London winter, and she swears by this. One thing that i dislike is it's not hygienic at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best cheap moisturizers out there. Not to mention all the uses it has. For lips, skin, calming down my hair, melting this into hard lipsticks, making my own cream eye shadow, spreading this around my hairline so my skin doesn't get stained when dyeing my hair...I can go on and on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Vaseline has become a staple in my skin care regime as of late and there's a reason why it has been around for so long.
I apply a thin layer on top of my Shiseido eye cream at night to seal in the moisture and it works. I know a lot of MUA'ers will apply Vaseline on top of damp skin as moisturizer. Unfortunately my skin can't tolerate this yet it's ok in conjunction with my eye cream.

I have a huge tub of this (the generic brands are just as good as the Vaseline name brand) on my nightstand and I apply a layer on my lips before adding a layer of Lansinoh for soft, supple lips in the morning.

I also slather it on my hands and feet underneath gloves and socks before bed. This is a winter regime when the indoor heat & hot showers can really dry out skin.
Vaseline is also great for healing skin cuts and abrasions.

The best thing is that it's inexpensive.

on 4/13/2016 12:57:00 PM

What everyone else said. Cheap, great at moisturising, has lots of uses. I use it mainly as chapstick, cuticle moisturiser and on my dry patches. The only con would be the packaging as it's very easy to let bacteria in.