Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Petrolatum

This been a staple in my home for years. For me being out of this is for me like being out of milk. I use it for everything, dry ,chaped,to keep my eyebrows in check & to put on my feet under socks to sleep & prep my cuticals before I do my manicure. It's a must have!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I always find myself reaching out to this trusty tub during my dry skin seasons. Contrary to popular belief, it does not clog pores. The petroleum molecules are too big to clog tiny human pores! Yes it does not moisturise, but using oils alone dries out my skin as well. Did some further research and found that oils do not penetrate into the deeper layers of our skin, hyaluronic acid does, though. Anyway, I use this to seal in the oils and serums I use before I go to bed on the dry parts of my skin. A little goes a loooong way and it’s so multi purpose!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not a product I will typically go for, but the raving reviews made me curious.
I don't like it.
- It has a faint garage scent. The smell that you sense when you bring your car for repair;
- It feels like a lubricant that used in bearings and other moving parts of machinery to keep them functioning properly and also rust-free;
- it doesn't moisturize, it seals whatever is underneath. Don't use it over anything that you know may cause an allergic reaction to your skin;
- I've used it on my heels alone (my skin is slightly dry there) and haven't seen any improvement;
- it takes forever or should I say - it never absorbs.

It's nice to use it over the medicine that healing some cuts/burns, so the damaged skin doesn't stick to the bandage. I would give it 5 star for that purpose but as a beauty product, it's nothing.

on 1/25/2018 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I use this when I have dryness or rosacea/psoriasis flare ups. It helps to repair my barrier. I cleanse my face, apply a rose or acv toner, apply moisturizer, then top it with vaseline. I do this nightly until my barrier heals!

on 12/10/2017 9:21:00 PM

I typically have terribly dry hands in the winter and no lotion has ever really helped with the cracking and burning sensation. I have finally come upon a solution! I apply a hand cream first and let it soak in for a moment. Then I apply Vaseline or another petroleum jelly salve on top. I have soft hands in December for the first time in years!!

I've tried several products to combat lip dryness. Every brand starts out good, then slowly lets me down. I will always go back to good, old Vaseline. My lips are sensitive, especially now in the colder months (I live in Vancouver, B.C) and just in general. Some days, a little to much salt can't even aggravate them. Vaseline always feels soothing. Not only is this great for lips, but I love it for keeping my feet, elbows & knees moisturized & smooth. I keep a mini package in my purse & at work. I even opt for Vaseline instead of lipgloss or lipstick with a full face of makeup. The only downside is the packaging, a bit unsanitary- but easily solved by just using 2 separate containers.

on 8/24/2017 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The holy Vaseline guys.

The uses of this are limitless, especially for dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Holy grail!!plus its so darn cheap.It helps with dry patches i suffer from using salicylic acid to treat blemishes.Plus i have sensitive skin and so far this hasn't break me out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I put it on my lips and under my eyes every night without fail. I suffer with dryness in both these areas but also have sensitive skin and this does the job with irritating my skin further and making it itchy.

This is the best overnight lip repairing treatment...I´ve been using it since I can remember, now I´m 29 years old and I still use it ;)

Popular Lotions / Creams