Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

on 4/20/2018 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been trying this foundation on and off for about half a year. I really wanted to love it, but I can't. It looks fine on my combination skin right after application (I lightly set it with powder) and for another couple of hours, but after that my skin becomes too oily, even though normally my T-zone is not extremely oily and I rarely ever need to reapply powder when wearing other foundations. At 6-7 hrs point the foundation disappears from my nose and chin, while the rest just looks bad and transfers easily. Not long wearing on my skin at all.
When compared to Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, this one initially gives me slightly better coverage (medium I would say), but while both Healthy Mix and Healthy Mix Serum are not very long wearing, I still prefer the serum one simply because it wears nicer and fades less drastically.
I might still experiment and use it up mixing in with other, maybe more drying, foundations, but won't use it on its own.
I decided to give it 2 lippies, not 1, because I don't think it's horrible - I did easily get my color shade (Vanille), it does not oxidize on me, it does not break me out, and the packaging (glass bottle with a pump) is very nice. But that's about it. I could only recommend to try it if you have dry/very dry skin.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At first I loved this product, I was using it when my face was for once fairly clear so I had no acne nor scars... As time went by I noticed my acne began to increase suddenly. Now I want to believe it wasn't the foundation, however my partner too noticed that actually I began to get more spots with this foundation. Thus began a viscous cycle of trying to wear more to cover up only to get more acne. But I can't rule out things like hormones in being a teenager and my environment temperature causing excess oils.
Also, the coverage isn't great, especially for my acne it covers lightly but that's it. On light redness on a flat skin texture it does cover up well (I have sensitive skin so I'm prone to redness from slight irritation along with inflammation of course). I use powder to set (kat Von D) and I find that it stays on most part until I do get home for my average college day- about 10 hours average EXCEPT on my nose and raised acne on forehead it disappears but I guess due to oily T-zone and my nose is covered in black heads which show through the foundation but keep in mind I don't use primer normally, I have used boots primer before yet it still came off.
I do try also lightly add foundation after powder on needed areas yet I can't do so with this foundation.
Final thing, I have scars from acne recently (I pop spots or try to very hard causing ripped skin and I'm very slow at healing) the foundation doesn't cover at all. It goes around the scars so what I get is noticeable patching which means I can't use the remaining bottle on my forehead as its so noticeable.
I'm trying to finish remaining bottle (I am on my second bottle since I loved it) on the rest of the face as it does feel light on skin and in texture I use light vanilla for my fair yellow tone skin and I use a beauty blender and it normally doesnt cake apart from when I was very oily and when I try to build up layers more than 2/3 I believe and it does cling to dry areas.

on 4/10/2018 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am really oily, I have open pores on cheeks, redness on nose and cheeks and I also have fine lines, yay!!
I have used EL Doublewear in ecru, I’m nc15-20 (in summer).
Doublewear was too heavy for me but I wanted something with a natural looking coverage, doesn’t highlight pores or sit in fine lines and can hold up to my oily skin.
There was a 3for2 offer, so I bought this in shade 51 Vanilla. I also bought Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff. Both of these are a great shade match to my skin.
My third item was Revlon Photoready pore reducing primer which I love and used under both of these foundations.
I love the Revlon foundation but I’m not keen on this one. The reason for that is that the Revlon Colorstay kept the oiliness at bay all day. I couldn’t believe how lovely it still looked at the end of the day.
With this, after a couple of hours being on, I’m already pretty oily, my whole t-zone. This won’t last long on my face at all.
I don’t have any other complaints about it, it covers redness, doesn’t show pores or sit in fine lines. For me though, if you are oily, skip this. Revlon Colorstay for oily skin really does work and it looks great.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have pro-acne skin, oily but also can be dry... basically it's a pain... I need a lot of coverage because my skin still has redness and discoloration, as well as fresh new acne babies sometimes. As the color scheme goes...well it's not that great at all. I have light olive skin, so as always it doesn't fit me perfectly (Light Vanilla) but it's not that big of a deal tbh just blend it out and use good powder/bronzer.
It's great for me in winter time, maybe autumn, cool spring. Not for summer at all, it will melt on my face so fast and I don't blame it for that, it's just my skin, every foudation will melt off eventually.
I wore it to school - so basically it was on my face AT LEAST up to 9-10h, sometimes even more. Yeah I know, it's a lot. It looks nice and dandy if you blot the oil and don't put too much powder during the day. It did rub off if i wasn't careful.
I use Nyx stay matte but not flat or rimmel stay matte (in past i used manhattan soft compact powder - my long time fav) and it works for me just fine, I apply it with damp beauty blender so it locks in.
I don't really prime my skin, because I haven't found any good one that doesn't make me break out (like porefessional) but i do moisturize it well and set it all with rose water so I don't look powdery and my pores are really smooth, basically non exsisting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've used (and love!) both this and serum version and prefer this overall - it gives slightly more coverage, feels creamier and is either slightly paler (shade 51), or just oxidizes less on me.

Medium coverage, doesn't settle into pores, doesn't emphasize dry patches, doesn't dry my skin out or cause breakouts...and the natural finish and pale yellowish shade make me look healthy and awake (N15). Ticks all my boxes...unfortunately I'm going to have to find a replacement as going cruelty-free.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to find a drugstore dupe for my Shiseido Synchro Skin Glow Foundation.
I thought this was it, the price was good, the shade 52 was perfect for my skin tone, and it had less shimmer than Synchro Skin Glow.
It's silky, creamy, applies beautifully, a light dusting of transparent powder is enough to set it. It has a strong scent, but it fades in a few minutes upon application. First time I applied it, I got compliments after ten hours of wear. My skin is normal, no dry patches, no oiliness, only minor sun damage that needs to be evened out. It's not prone to breakouts, I've never had acne, at least not on my face - most of my pimples and bumps were on my back in my teenage years.
Anyhow, the day after I first wore this foundation, I woke up with dozens of tiny red bumps on my chin, and one of them big enough to be their mother. It took me two weeks to get back to normal.
I wanted to give it another chance, but the same thing happened, maybe slightly worse the second time around, so I had to throw it away.
I'm currently researching the ingredients because one of them is the same as in the Clarins Double Serum (that's another tragic story), and it's not a chemical sunscreen, which is known to cause breakouts...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's a good drugstore foundation with a pretty good coverage and longevity however, there are some minor points that I don't like about it. The foundation rubs off on everything like scarves and phones, even when you put a powder on top, it isn't strong enough to cover a really inflared skin and lastly, once the bottle is down to its last fifth, the pump stops working and you need to start digging for foundation with a spatula or the stick of the pump, which is a sheer waste of product. Those downsides are really annoying since it's on the pricier side of a drugstore foundation.

on 3/11/2018 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bourjois has typically been a reliable foundation brand and Healthy Mix is no exception. It is easy to blend with a bristle brush, does not leave streaking with brushes so I don't have to use a sponge. Coverage is decent (medium), the finish is not cakey or "fake" so I don't have to feel worried that I look too "cake face" and the staying power is slightly better than most other drugstore foundations I've used in the past. There is no ghost face with flash photography too, I think it doesn't have a lot of sunscreen. I especially like this for it's natural finish and good shade match (52 vanilla for me). Would recommend trying for everybody.

OMG y'all! After spending a bloody fortune trying everything from NYX to Dior I have found what - for now anyway - is my Holy Grail! A little background - I've had OILY skin from about age 11. At 55, it seems to finally be considering combo a better choice. I have texture, pores and broken caps on cheeks and nose (My blond-haired, blue-eyed self only got serious - at all - about sunscreen about 10 years ago...) I've never been able to find a liquid foundation that works for me, so until a few years ago I just wore setting powder, then switched to powder foundation with limited success. As my skin has changed significantly in the last couple of years, I felt a liquid was in order, but again - no success. Most lift off my skin, accentuate pores and lines, either look chalky, heavy or spotty or shiny in spite of different primers, powders and application methods.

There are a lot of gorgeous women on Instagram & youtube, but that mask-like, made-up look is not for me. In a perfect world, a foundation would just make me look like I have perfect skin. This stuff goes on easily with my beauty blender (I've tried other sponges and in my case just don't get the same result) and allows my skin to peek through. Dials down redness and even the broken caps (if anybody has a method for actually COVERING those little stinkers without spackle, I'm all ears). I find that when I first put it on, it looks a little bit "makeup-y". Not bad, the first time I tried it I wasn't removing and starting over, but I wasn't ecstatic either. Within a half or so - OMG! It settles in and oxidizes just enough to give a subtle glow and match my skin perfectly. (Oxidization is my kryptonite - everything turns orange on me.) Once settled for a few minutes, I beauty blend some Makeup Forever HD powder into my t-zone and voila! I look like I have pretty darn good skin for a woman my age - or a bit younger. Nothing else I've tried has given me this level of coverage (I apply it on the medium end of sheer to medium - and it's buildable) without looking like a mask. The closest I've found was NYX HD foundation. Lovely finish and similar coverage on me, but the very limited shades just didn't work. I'll hopefully get to use up the NYX this summer - I do like it a lot. I have to blot the Healthy Mix a few times throughout the day, but I seem to just get oil and not orange makeup globules on my blotting paper. It does not last forever, but even powder foundations can't hold up to my oily skin. The good news is as it fades I don't end up with pincushion face and little bits and bobs settled in lines while the rest jumps ship (I'm talking to you ELDW.) If I've got something special in the evening, I just re-do my foundation. I've tried so hard to like other foundations that seemed like they should be a fit (Dior Lumiere Velvet, IT Your Skin But Better among others), but other than the NYX HD and Lancome Teint Idole (it's "okay" on me) I have not. I love this stuff. Period. And now I can focus on my quest for a mascara that doesn't flake on me...

on 2/27/2018 12:31:00 PM

This has been a staple in my makeup artist kit for 4 years
I love it
It smells good, it's great on all skin types old and young, it's not heavy and nice dewy finish if you don't powder it. It's also so cheap!
I hate the bottle though! It's messy and because it's glass super heavy, they need to sort this out.
Go buy it now!