Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

on 4/19/2017 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Healthy Mix is an amazing foundation for people with dry skin.

It is very lightweight, hydrating and gives good coverage. I have rather clear skin most of the time, so I use it to cover some blemishes here and there and even out my skin tone. Also, as a pale-skinned person with neutral-yellow undertone, I struggle with foundations as many of them come in cool undertones or strong warm tones. Bourjois Healthy Mix in shade 51 is perfect for my winter complexion (Equivalent to MAC NC15-20). It literally disappears on the skin, you can't tell it's there. Coverage is light.

Be warned, it has a bit of a perfume but I find it rather enjoyable and brings good memories to my mind (don't know why).

Definitely recommend as an every day foundation.

One downside of this foundation is the price. It is pretty expensive for a drug store brand (35 CAD), it costs a bit more than MAC foundations....very strange. MAC foundations usually run at 33 CAD.

Anyway, still counts as HG.

on 4/16/2017 11:27:00 PM

Ok I really like this foundation and have repurchased it a number of times over the years simply because it's so cheap and does everything i need a foundation to do. I have normal/combination skin and tend to get oily around my nose, on my chin and my t-zone but this seems to keep the worst of it at bay when I use it with powder.

I work in a club so it tends to get really hot inside, especially in the smaller rooms so I end up sweating a lot throughout the night, HOWEVER when I think I've sweated and blotted it all off, I look in the mirror and look exactly the same as I did at the beginning of the night. I also get a lot of compliments on how nice my skin looks and lots of people asking how I get my makeup to stay on and I'm sure it's this foundation combo'd with powder as I don't use setting spray however I generally don't touch my face a lot and when I do sweat I use a tissue to dab the shiny parts and even then barely any of the foundation transfers on to the tissue.

It's also a really natural looking foundation and has buildable coverage as I tend to apply a thin layer over my entire face and neck before adding more to my cheeks and where I have blemishes and scarring, but generally this is about a medium coverage. It's alright to use on a night out but I would recommend using setting spray as well.

I use this every day and once it's on, I don't tend to worry about it until it's time to come off so even if I do have 99 problems, my foundation is never one. You can easily build on it and it won't look cakey. I find this foundation actually looks like my skin, it's really natural and doesn't accentuate my pores which a lot of foundations tend to do. The only thing is that it tends to oxidise a little so be careful when choosing your shade.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love love loooove this foundation. It is perfekt for my dry skin, the coverage is medium and the shades have a yellow undertone. Unfortunately the lightest shade isn't light enough for my very pale skin but I just mix it with a white mixer and it is perfect! I really really love this foundation and would highly recommend to everyone. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

best drugstore foundation ever. smells like chanels perfectionlumiere and works just as good if not better. very dewy finish, must have for dry skin. i love this foundation and so glad i discovered it bc its perfect for if i ever have to be on a budget. i have about ten foundations, many of them high end e.g laura mercier, charlotte tilbury, chanel etc but i reach for this one first nowadays

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A good solid every day foundation that doesn't break the bank. I love the shade 51 light vanilla for my pale, neutral but more warm than cool skin tone. It really looks nice and natural on my skin. I usually prefer a matte finish foundation but this works just fine when I set it with my airspun powder. My only complaint is it's not super long lasting, it does tend to break down on my nose and chin after a few hours. Not too noticeable unless you're really close to my face though. And the smell!! It's one of my favorite things about it. Doesn't smell like gross paint like most of my foundations. Just wish it was available in the US because when I leave London I will miss it.

on 3/23/2017 4:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The texture, coverage, etc are all fine not like wow . It's a decent foundation, well worth the price but....
    A major miss is the color match. The shade 52 is not to light nor too dark for my skin, however the undertone is off.
    I have yellow undertone but this foundation make my face look muddy. It has to much brown in it. As day pass it oxidized to be more brown than freshly apply. Even wearing cool tone foundations(NW) never cause this muddy look.
    I suggest you try on a full face in all lights at least a day before purchased it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This foundation is disappointing for me. I thought I would love it because of the natural coverage, but it accentuated dry patches on my face I did not think I had. After about 4 hours it disappeared from my nose and chin and looked blotchy and greasy. I tried it with my favorite primer and it was not much better. I need a foundation to last more than a few hours, so I'm tossing it.

on 2/27/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on my third bottle of this foundation! It makes my skin feel really moisturised but not greasy. It smells really fresh compared to many other foundations I have used. It covers a bit of redness however is more of a medium coverage foundation that feels soft and light on the skin. it also works really well with my yellow undertones and shade 52 matches very well to my skin. Although my skin always feels moisturised the staying power in my opinion isn't amazing but totally worth it for the price. I would definitely recommend to someone who wants a soft low for everyday use.

I'm so glad I bought this. First, it fits my colour exactly and it's extremely hydrating. It feels like my skin feels better and more beautiful with it. And it's so natural looking, that you can just go out with nothing else but it.

Having dry skin, I do not really mind a bit of a glow- However, all was fine wearing it around the house, a nice inner glow, a very dewy look. Yet, as soon as I wore it to school: I WAS SHINING LIKE THE SUN, yes, the sun. My friends remarked how oily I looked and I have reasonably dry skin! I tried using matte powder over the top but it ends up blotting. So not pleased with its wear. The coverage it light and beautiful, it evens out the skin tone perfectly but not for those who are wanting to cover things like acne/freckles as my freckles show through as soon as it dries. The smell if nice and the product is quite a runny consistency - which I do not mind- contour products slide on beautifully with this too. this would be great for extremely dry skin but certainly not for oily.