Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

on 7/22/2018 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I’m disappointed in this product It’s way too hyped about and the shade range is poor and the darker shades have pink undertones which is disappointing and it oxidizes . I wish they extend their shade range and have more yellowish undertones for the darker shades

on 6/10/2018 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm resurrecting my N.52 Bourjois foundation from the grave just to see if it *really* is a dupe for the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.

I enjoy my little splurges, but deep down I'm a budget buyer. This was my daily foundation from 2013-2015 and I would use my Chanel Vitalumiere in 20 Beige on special occasions. I had to buy this off eBay from the U.K. - I don't think they sell them in the US? Back then, I had terrible cystic acne so underneath my foundation I would wear a retinoid and SPF from Neutrogena. Good news, this foundation never broke me out. It dries to a lovely satin finish too. The coverage is medium so it didn't make my acne marks disappear.

Bad news, this foundation doesn't stand up to the sweltering Texas heat - after walking from class to my car, everyday my foundation disintegrated from me profusely sweating. Even when I used Wayne Goss's powder rolling technique to keep the foundation from separating, it still disintegrated into a cottage cheese mess. So, to my summertime girls, I don't recommend this.

Now onto whether or not N.52 Bourjois is a dupe for the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 20 - yeahhh, it's not. The N.52 is paler and throws a white cast. Not exactly natural looking in color for me. Meanwhile, the CVA 20 is an exact shade match for me, and I don't mean this lightly. It is literally the color of my skin, but dishing out $40 for foundation makes me cry a little (it's different for lipstick). The N.52 Bourjois also is slightly more powdery in appearance. Both have a cool, yellow undertone which is rare for most foundations that cast a pink or orange undertone. The CVA 20 also doesn't separate through heat and sweat.

Don't get me wrong - this is a GREAT foundation because it offers a shade selection that is hard to find ... you just can't be outside for too long or sweat in it. If you spend most of your day indoors or working at an office, I would recommend this foundation.

on 6/1/2018 8:23:00 PM

This little superstar is among my favourite foundations! I bought it for the first time some years ago when I was a student at uni and high-end stuff was way beyond my means. This foundation had a good reputation very shortly after its release, with recommendations from beauty bloggers/YTers as well as friends, family etc., and at a time when I didn't have the money to spare I wanted to buy something with the best bang for its buck. I wasn't disappointed!

To frame this review, I'm an NW10-15 in MAC shades, neutral leaning cool, and combination skin with noticeable pores, an oily t-zone and dehydrated peripheries, and pre-menstrual acne breakouts. I would describe my skin as not super sensitive but it has its moments sometimes.

First off, I really appreciate that it's a pump type bottle, so it minimises contamination by bacteria and helps protect ingredients that may be unstable and break down if constantly exposed to air. The foundation itself is medium coverage, and has a natural skin-like finish. It feels quite hydrating on so I think this also contributes to the glowy appearance you get with this. It is not shimmery or shiny, which are two things I don't like, and though I dispute the 16h staying power, it does last throughout 9 to 13 hour shifts with blotting.

#51 is a pale shade with faint apricot undertones, looking ever so slightly darker than my own colour out the bottle, but when applied it matches just fine. There is a newer paler shade now too. As with most Bourjois base make-up,, the quality is super considering its price of approx £10. It was reformulated in 2017 but all of the above good points still stand. I will continue to repurchase in future, too.

on 5/24/2018 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using this foundation most of the time for the last 2 or 3 months and I really love it. I like to watch Lisa Eldridge make up videos and she had nothing but good things to say about this foundation, especially for skin that is getting older. I am in that transition now from stopping what I used in the past and looking for cosmetics that can add back that glow that youth gives you in your teenage years, your 20's, 30's and depending on the person, sometime through your 40's. I am wearing less cosmetics as I get older but more than making up for it by having at least 4 skincare products on for every cosmetic I wear (I'm joking but it's mostly the truth), I only add a pea size drop of this foundation on my hand and then I rub it into my skin with my fingers, like I do my moisturizer. On me this foundation is pretty translucent providing some coverage but not a lot. That's okay because I don't want or need heavy coverage. I want it to look like my skin but better. This foundation works great for that and since I use so little the bottle should last me a long time. I use primer before applying this as well as concealer to the usual trouble spots (under eye circles and one small but very annoying age spot next to my eye) after. I highly recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin who wants a light, natural foundation where your own skin still shows.

I was usually using the Nyx droppers foundation or the Jouer foundation. Since I bought this product, I’ll be saving a lot of money!
I absolutely love this foundation. It gives me great coverage (my skin isn’t acne prone apart from my chin. I get a lot of spots on my chin) and also doesn’t seem to cake up or look drying. I have a very oily tzone and my chin gets extremely oily throughout the day too. This foundation I think retails for £6.99 whereas the other foundations I used to use were much more expensive and high end products.
When using my old foundations, I found that they did give me good coverage, yet the longevity of them were ok. It wasn’t the best, but after 7-8 hours they did definitely become noticeably oily.
When I bought this product, I was expecting bad things because of how many bad reviews I read online about it. But I did want to try it out for myself, and I became a huge fan! It hydrates my skin but at the same time dries down to reduce the shine.
When powdering this foundation, I noticed it became the most tiny bit dry around my under eye bags when I setted it on top of the concealer, however it’s easily fixed when I spray some setting spray over the top to make it more dewy and look more hydrating. Throughout the day it does not whatsoever get oily or even shiny on my nose, chin or the beginning of my forehead.
Overall, this foundation is amazing for the price and I will be buying it again! I definitely prefer this foundation to most of my high end and drugstore foundations.
Every person is different and has different skin types. This foundation might not work for everyone, but for me it certainly does!

I was hyped about Healthy Mix foundation but after testing it for about 3 months I have to pass. It oxidises a lot which I hate. I have dry skin and even with moisturizer and primer it looks very powdery on the skin. Im very disappointed and will not rebuy it.

I usually use Chanel's vitalumiere aqua but haven't had a chance to stock up. So after years of reading great reviews on this product I decided to try it. I generally have good skin, so usually stick with light coverage foundation. For the price point, I think this is a great product.

The good: Evens out skin tone. Light. Easy to apply with fingers and/or beauty blender

The bad: Limited colors... they only stocked 3 colors in Hong Kong and I already chose the darkest (53) - not good once summer comes and I am tanned. Lasting power is questionable. Requires concealer for red areas.

I will probably keep this in my spare toiletry bag at work. Unfortunately won't be replacing my usual Chanel foundation with this.,,really wanted to because it's much friendlier on the bank balance.

on 4/20/2018 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been trying this foundation on and off for about half a year. I really wanted to love it, but I can't. It looks fine on my combination skin right after application (I lightly set it with powder) and for another couple of hours, but after that my skin becomes too oily, even though normally my T-zone is not extremely oily and I rarely ever need to reapply powder when wearing other foundations. At 6-7 hrs point the foundation disappears from my nose and chin, while the rest just looks bad and transfers easily. Not long wearing on my skin at all.
When compared to Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, this one initially gives me slightly better coverage (medium I would say), but while both Healthy Mix and Healthy Mix Serum are not very long wearing, I still prefer the serum one simply because it wears nicer and fades less drastically.
I might still experiment and use it up mixing in with other, maybe more drying, foundations, but won't use it on its own.
I decided to give it 2 lippies, not 1, because I don't think it's horrible - I did easily get my color shade (Vanille), it does not oxidize on me, it does not break me out, and the packaging (glass bottle with a pump) is very nice. But that's about it. I could only recommend to try it if you have dry/very dry skin.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At first I loved this product, I was using it when my face was for once fairly clear so I had no acne nor scars... As time went by I noticed my acne began to increase suddenly. Now I want to believe it wasn't the foundation, however my partner too noticed that actually I began to get more spots with this foundation. Thus began a viscous cycle of trying to wear more to cover up only to get more acne. But I can't rule out things like hormones in being a teenager and my environment temperature causing excess oils.
Also, the coverage isn't great, especially for my acne it covers lightly but that's it. On light redness on a flat skin texture it does cover up well (I have sensitive skin so I'm prone to redness from slight irritation along with inflammation of course). I use powder to set (kat Von D) and I find that it stays on most part until I do get home for my average college day- about 10 hours average EXCEPT on my nose and raised acne on forehead it disappears but I guess due to oily T-zone and my nose is covered in black heads which show through the foundation but keep in mind I don't use primer normally, I have used boots primer before yet it still came off.
I do try also lightly add foundation after powder on needed areas yet I can't do so with this foundation.
Final thing, I have scars from acne recently (I pop spots or try to very hard causing ripped skin and I'm very slow at healing) the foundation doesn't cover at all. It goes around the scars so what I get is noticeable patching which means I can't use the remaining bottle on my forehead as its so noticeable.
I'm trying to finish remaining bottle (I am on my second bottle since I loved it) on the rest of the face as it does feel light on skin and in texture I use light vanilla for my fair yellow tone skin and I use a beauty blender and it normally doesnt cake apart from when I was very oily and when I try to build up layers more than 2/3 I believe and it does cling to dry areas.

on 4/10/2018 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am really oily, I have open pores on cheeks, redness on nose and cheeks and I also have fine lines, yay!!
I have used EL Doublewear in ecru, I’m nc15-20 (in summer).
Doublewear was too heavy for me but I wanted something with a natural looking coverage, doesn’t highlight pores or sit in fine lines and can hold up to my oily skin.
There was a 3for2 offer, so I bought this in shade 51 Vanilla. I also bought Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff. Both of these are a great shade match to my skin.
My third item was Revlon Photoready pore reducing primer which I love and used under both of these foundations.
I love the Revlon foundation but I’m not keen on this one. The reason for that is that the Revlon Colorstay kept the oiliness at bay all day. I couldn’t believe how lovely it still looked at the end of the day.
With this, after a couple of hours being on, I’m already pretty oily, my whole t-zone. This won’t last long on my face at all.
I don’t have any other complaints about it, it covers redness, doesn’t show pores or sit in fine lines. For me though, if you are oily, skip this. Revlon Colorstay for oily skin really does work and it looks great.