Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

OH MY, i love this foundation!
I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin - oily T-zone with dry patches on chin, and this is the only one that works. Also the tone for me ("Vanilla") is just right. Anyways, I have tried many foundations before and they either were too light or too heavy, made me break out or were too drying. This, however, gives me natural coverage that is not too noticeable (people often are surprised I tell them I am wearing foundation), last me well during the day ,getting just a bit oily in my T-zone as I have oily skin there (duh) and I do not use any powders, and lastly, it does not make my dry patches worse and does not break me out more.
I try different things but keep coming back to this one all the time!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately right after I bought this product I noticed that there is alcohol denat. in the ingredients, which makes this product unusable, since alcohol dries out and damages the skin overtime. Fragrance is also present in high amount and is very overpowering, so if you have sensitive skin like me I would stay away from this product. It might be a good foundation aesthetically but not good at all for your skin.This buy reminded me to always check the ingredients before buying, regardless of the hype

on 8/20/2017 6:42:00 AM

I really REALLY wanted to like this foundation. Although it only lasted 5-6 hours on my face , it looked beautiful on and would get comments on how nice my skin looked!! However, after some trial and error I realised that it broke me out, even in places I hadn't broken out since I was a teen (i.e. Forehead and cheeks). I was pretty sure it was healthy mix as it was the only thing I did differently, I persisted for about a month before I realised it wasn't for me :-( it was sad. Would recommend to anyone who isn't acne prone however

on 9/8/2017 4:29:00 PM

Very good foundation. I used the original version about 7 years ago and because I was in need of a new foundation (after MAC waterweight caused acne) I decided to order this one without testing it. The lightest colour (51 light vanilla) isn't sold in stores here, so I just had to trust Bourjois didn't change the colour and texture too much.

But I'm positively surprised. The colour match is okay (I would say neutral, while I'm warm), I do need a lot of product for decent coverage and my oily zones get very shiny after 2 hours, but it lasts so long on the skin without breaking, creasing or oxidising. I apply it with a buffer brush and blend it out with my beauty blender. I set it with LM translucent setting powder et voila, the foundation sits loyally on my skin for at least 12 hours. I do need to blot my nose, forehead and chin, but it's totally worth it. I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin but, contrary to what others here have said, it does work well on my dry patches. Overall a great foundation for a reasonable price!

on 9/8/2017 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Nice shades for yellow people (just a little bit too orange). Nice packaging. Price OK.
Coverage medium, builable. Not comedogenic.
Unfortunately, the newest version (square) is drying the skin and accentuating dry parts. While still being dewy.
It's neither matt, nor hydrating.
The previous one was great (round packaging) for my mixed dehydrated skin.
The new one I would not recommend to anyone. Too dewy for oily skin. Too drying for dry skin. It's good maybe only for people with normal, naturally great skin, and no one else.
Fragrance is too strong.

on 9/13/2017 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my favourite drugstore foundation ever. But what is so disappointing is that, with such a limited shade range, it really fails to cater to anyone with more than a light to medium skin tone. I regularly fake tan which means the darkest shade (53) is almost always too light for me, so I really can only get away with this on paler days.

With that being said, what I really love about this product is that the shades all have very yellow undertones, which suits my skin really well, and I always find more yellow based foundations harder to come by in the drugstore. That, however, is obviously not much use for anyone with more pink or neutral tones - so if you're not super warm, I'd say the shades may not be so suitable for you. The coverage is also amazing and covers redness almost completely without feeling too heavy, and the light texture also helps to make this foundation really buildable. I also absolutely love the scent of this, although it makes no odds to the overall performance!

Edit: I've since discovered that they do actually go darker than shade 53! However I haven't seen any of these darker shades instore in the UK

Oh my goodness this foundation is amazing.
Let's start with the coverage because for a drugstore foundation, it's pretty damn good. It doesn't take a lot of effort in terms of blending the product especially if you use a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush with it.
If you have any dry patches on your skin this may not be the right formula for you as it is not moisturising enough for it so avoid! I tend to use this one on my rare good skin days :)

on 7/11/2017 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation has a light formula and is easy to apply, but it has way more negative sides than positive ones.

First, the smell is really overpowering, to the point of making me nauseated. Second, it did not work well on my oily skin. The foundation started to look cakey and patchy throughout the day, as if it was melting off. It oxidizes a lot, leaving you orange (I used shade 51, vanilla eclair), and transfers really easily onto your hands, clothes, or anything that happens to rub against your face.

But the worst part is how dry and cakey it looked on the slightly dry patches and acne spots on my face... it was like I had rubbed sand on them even though I only applied a light coating (this had not happened with any other foundation before). It also collects in creases (smile lines, nose and so on).

The one positive aspect is that the shade I bought (51) fit me nicely before it oxidized, and the foundation texture felt really good at first. I really wanted to like it due to the positive reviews, but I just couldn't.

on 7/24/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This foundation was amazing. I have really dry skin and every other foundation I have tried highlighted the fact that my skin was dry and clung to the dry patches this foundation however actually made my skin seem not dry at all and even gave me a glow. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin

on 7/17/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

sooo good! i wanna cry! this is my very first time buying this foundation. before i decide buy this product, i really confused. because the price is relative expensive. but i thinking is worthy. so i bravely to buy. and i really really this product. really light and mixed with my skin. i recommended this product.