Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

on 9/28/2018 7:35:00 AM

I'm NC15, fair skin with warm undertones and I use shade 52 - I probably wouldn't recommend it for people with cooler undertones as it seems to lean more yellow/golden when applied. The range of shades available also seems to be quite limited (at least where I bought it).
The consistency is quite liquid so I would say apply with a brush/blender as opposed to with fingers.
There is a pleasant smell from the product (does not have that 'paint-like' smell that some foundations seem to have). It has resonably good staying power for a light-medium coverage foundation, I found a touch-up in the T-zone was needed after 6-7 hours wear but a little powder over it when applied does increase the wear time. If I was going out at night or wanted something with a bit more coverage, I'd give this one a miss to be honest.
Overall, I find it does give a nice glow to the skin and is great value for every day wear, so if you can get a shade which suits I would recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Why oh why did I ever wait to buy this for so many years???? HG foundation all the way!!
My mature, oily, bumpy skin with humongous pores looks sooo pretty with this on.
It looks like skin!!
This is the only foundation that covers nicely (Medium) and looks like your own skin, not heavy and cakey.
I have a real hard time preventing foundation from settling into my pores, stippling, sponging, buffing...
This one looks great with either a sponge or a buffing bush.
After watching Lisa Eldridge for the last almost 10 years and her adoration of this... Why did I wait?
If you are over 40,have large pores and slight redness - this is it!!
It held up long workday with a facemask (I am a dental hygienist) and there was minimal wearing off. I powdered slightly every 3 hours and it still looked good at the end of the day.
It gives a slight luminescence to the skin, which I love, without looking shiney.
HG!

DEVASTATED

I thought I finally got rid of my acne after years..I read some reviews that said it was non comedogenic, and oil free..apparently not..
Two days after using it my skin was SO oily like now I have to wash it 3 or 4 times a day (2 times more than the usual) as it gets oil-ier day by day/ + HUGE breakout all over my chin and my cheeks and i rarely get acne on the cheeks.
If you have an oily acne prone skin i do not recommend.
Also their lighter shade is yet darker than mine so if you’re white as paper you’ll see the color difference between the lightest shade and your skin , trust me it is very noticeable.

on 9/1/2018 9:24:00 PM

Been using this for some months and I must say, for me, there is no better foundation at any price and I've tried so many in my 70 plus years. The greatest part besides the way this foundation covers and allows you skin to breathe is the price, It doesn't cake or settle in wrinkles or pores. It lasts for hours and seems to become part of your skin. My skin is highly sensitive so I cannot use most foundations, even some of the high end foundations and I'm thrilled to be able to cut costs. I was not initially a fan because this is light but it's build able and I found I prefer the lighter coverage. My once oily skin is now dry and flaky so the moisturizing quality of this foundation is highly appreciated.

I'm so sad. It used to be the best drugstore foundation out there in my mind until they changed the formula a year ago. The older version was perfection. Glowy looking finish, medium coverage, finely-milled pigments, moisturising formula.... And most importantly, the shades were yellow-toned leaning cool, that is to say, olive-friendly. But now, the formula is way too moisturising and shiny looking. It reminds me of Chanel Vitalumiere and might caters to those very dry-skinned or mature-skinned ladies. But for other skin types it's just too much. And the shades. It's no longer yellow/olive. It's orange! The shade 52 was perfect but now it's too dark for my NC20-25 skin. The shade range is okay in France. But a lot of darker shades are not available internationally. Why, Bourjois? Why?

on 8/18/2018 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

An average foundation. Colour choices are limited. It may be that I have combination skin with yellow undertones, but this foundation never seemed the right fit for me. Despite me doing a swatch tests on various colour, it looked odd on my face. Also the foundation seemed quite heavy in its consistency - skin looked overloaded /oily from the start.
Better suited to far skinned, complexions with pink/neutral undertones and with normal dry skin
The lid doesn't stay on and the nozzle from the pump didn't seem secure. Needs to be stored upright.

I tried this foundation in the shade 52 Vanilla a while ago while it was on sale. I have combination/dry skin (more dry than anything else).

It is very lightweight, which I love. In terms of coverage, it does very little to cover blemishes or redness. When combined with colour-correcting primer, this can be improved (though I would not say the results are flawless).It blends well with a brush or sponge and has a dewy, natural finish (though be warned that this effect will not last the day). I have noticed it oxidises on my face throughout the day, leaving me slightly more yellow/orange over time. Another issue is that this product struggles to last the whole work day, even with a good setting spray.

This is just what I have experienced on my skin.

on 7/22/2018 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I’m disappointed in this product It’s way too hyped about and the shade range is poor and the darker shades have pink undertones which is disappointing and it oxidizes . I wish they extend their shade range and have more yellowish undertones for the darker shades

on 6/10/2018 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm resurrecting my N.52 Bourjois foundation from the grave just to see if it *really* is a dupe for the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.

I enjoy my little splurges, but deep down I'm a budget buyer. This was my daily foundation from 2013-2015 and I would use my Chanel Vitalumiere in 20 Beige on special occasions. I had to buy this off eBay from the U.K. - I don't think they sell them in the US? Back then, I had terrible cystic acne so underneath my foundation I would wear a retinoid and SPF from Neutrogena. Good news, this foundation never broke me out. It dries to a lovely satin finish too. The coverage is medium so it didn't make my acne marks disappear.

Bad news, this foundation doesn't stand up to the sweltering Texas heat - after walking from class to my car, everyday my foundation disintegrated from me profusely sweating. Even when I used Wayne Goss's powder rolling technique to keep the foundation from separating, it still disintegrated into a cottage cheese mess. So, to my summertime girls, I don't recommend this.

Now onto whether or not N.52 Bourjois is a dupe for the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 20 - yeahhh, it's not. The N.52 is paler and throws a white cast. Not exactly natural looking in color for me. Meanwhile, the CVA 20 is an exact shade match for me, and I don't mean this lightly. It is literally the color of my skin, but dishing out $40 for foundation makes me cry a little (it's different for lipstick). The N.52 Bourjois also is slightly more powdery in appearance. Both have a cool, yellow undertone which is rare for most foundations that cast a pink or orange undertone. The CVA 20 also doesn't separate through heat and sweat.

Don't get me wrong - this is a GREAT foundation because it offers a shade selection that is hard to find ... you just can't be outside for too long or sweat in it. If you spend most of your day indoors or working at an office, I would recommend this foundation.

RE-REVIEW 8/05/18

I recommend applying this with a sponge and mixed with a liquid luminizer, like Becca's Skin Perfecting Luminizer.

on 6/1/2018 8:23:00 PM

This little superstar is among my favourite foundations! I bought it for the first time some years ago when I was a student at uni and high-end stuff was way beyond my means. This foundation had a good reputation very shortly after its release, with recommendations from beauty bloggers/YTers as well as friends, family etc., and at a time when I didn't have the money to spare I wanted to buy something with the best bang for its buck. I wasn't disappointed!

To frame this review, I'm an NW10-15 in MAC shades, neutral leaning cool, and combination skin with noticeable pores, an oily t-zone and dehydrated peripheries, and pre-menstrual acne breakouts. I would describe my skin as not super sensitive but it has its moments sometimes.

First off, I really appreciate that it's a pump type bottle, so it minimises contamination by bacteria and helps protect ingredients that may be unstable and break down if constantly exposed to air. The foundation itself is medium coverage, and has a natural skin-like finish. It feels quite hydrating on so I think this also contributes to the glowy appearance you get with this. It is not shimmery or shiny, which are two things I don't like, and though I dispute the 16h staying power, it does last throughout 9 to 13 hour shifts with blotting.

#51 is a pale shade with faint apricot undertones, looking ever so slightly darker than my own colour out the bottle, but when applied it matches just fine. There is a newer paler shade now too. As with most Bourjois base make-up,, the quality is super considering its price of approx £10. It was reformulated in 2017 but all of the above good points still stand. I will continue to repurchase in future, too.