Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

At first i bought wrong shade 55 and i am in mac nc35 , anyway the product was nice , ordered the new one " updated " in the shade beige 54 , can't wait to try it 😍😍 😃💛💛💛i heard so much good things about it , i buy my bourjois product from lookfantastic.com , prices are great and they offer free delivery , here's code for $$ off | MARYAM-RN |

on 6/12/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So they've gone and changed it again.... I didn't like the first version, but rather loved the serum one. This is pretty much like they have mixed the two together. It's coverage is a light-medium and I don't find it especially buildable. Staying power is not as great as the serum foundation, but it is comparably blendable. Like it's the other two incarnations, it oxidises, so I have found going one shade down and pinker than I normally would tends to work best for me. It plays well with the Healthy Mix powder, and I think if you want this to last, you're going to need it. It is Winter here in Australia and I find it comfortable now, but will find it a bit dewy in the summer time.
I have given it some more time and I simply do not get along with this formula. No amount of priming is helping. It makes my pores so obvious, I look like a pixelated, pop-art cartoon. It hasn't escaped my notice that I haven't loved this formula, as I feel that it has changed several times since Bourjois was sold to Coty. Obv Chanel used better ingredients.

on 6/5/2017 10:24:00 PM

This brand is quite pricey in Singapore for a drug store product (my feels). However, this one is definitely a keeper in terms of price point.

I purchased the 52 Vanilla for my usual yellow chinese toned skin and am surprised by how bright and healthy this made me look! My last few foundations were CC cream - IOPE and FACESHOP so maybe the extra coverage made me look healthier? But in any event, this came on as healthy and not cakey, and glowing but not oily. So its great.

The lasting power is alright, until 4-5 hours? You may end up being oilier than you like at the end of the day though. It is still acceptable to me as it kinda still looks healthy but people with oil issues may want to touch up with powder to bring back a more matte appearance.

all in all, I will keep a look out for this in the next sale.

Bourjois is shaping out to be one of my fav drug store brand! so far, its been great foundation and lipstick. Am pleased!

on 5/28/2017 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After circling through some high-end brands for a number of years I wanted to test some high-street products to make sure I was getting my money's worth!

I was previously using Clinique Superbalanced foundation and this Bourjois one is far superior. It has a very liquid texture and gives a sheer, glow-y finish to the skin that doesn't look too heavy or patchy. This foundation has real staying power and by the end of the day I never look patchy or cakey. It is 'illuminating', a feature I've always stayed away from as to me it's synonymous with 'oily' but actually, this foundation gives just the right amount of glow.

Would definitely recommend as I feel it beats many of the high-end brands I've tried recently!

on 5/24/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My other healthy mix foundation ran out (round bottle as in picture). When I went to replace it, I noticed that the bottle had changed to square shape but everything else (ie colour and label) seemed to be the same. I was really annoyed to find that the texture of the foundation had changed. It is now more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. This was my go to foundation I loved it! I was using it more than my usual more expensive foundation and was recommending it to everyone I knew. I am so disappointed as the new one seems to just disappear on my skin and not hide any of my imperfections. Has anyone noticed the texture and coverage seems to have changed?

This used to be my HG foundation for a couple of years( my shade was Light Vanilla 51). However, I believe that the formula has been changing for the past two years.. I have bought it twice, different packaging AND formula, the color is not like it used to be( it oxidizes now!) , nor the finish of the foundation OR even the way it goes on the skin(goes on patchy).. Very disappointed to see this beautiful foundation change so much and I don't think I'll buy this again anytime soon..

on 5/8/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I do not understand the raves about this foundation...

Coverage: Minimal coverage and yet the texture is not as light as I expected. This does not do anything for redness, or acne... for people with already great skin, why would you even need a foundation?! Dab some concealer on certain areas and you will be good to go. Heck, even a tinted moisturizer can impart a better finish than this.

Texture: Despite the light coverage, the texture is not as light as I expected. It feels tacky on the face even though it is runny. This is perhaps more for those with dry skin but then what's the point of a moisturizer?

Finish: Dewy, which means zero oil control and longevity. And also blotting will take away the dewiness and leave a satiny finish instead, so for those who want longer-lasting dewiness, a BB cushion probably will do a better job.

Longevity: Transfers easily even with setting powder and lasts an average 4-6hours. It looks splotchy after it fades away from the face, and it oxidizes within 30 mins of application too, so this is not the easiest foundation to just slap on your face and go and expect it to work the whole day.

In all features and aspects, this product is clearly not the best. I really don't understand the rave reviews. This product caters only to a very niche group of people, who do not use any moisturizing skincare products before base makeup and face dry skin problems, yet have almost perfect skin without needing coverage. I'm really surprised by how many people actually praising this foundation.

on 5/6/2017 5:44:00 PM

I have oily skin,it didnt help in covering the pores. My skin got alot of acne after wearing it off

The OG Healthy mix in the plastic packaging was great. It looked very natural, still covered most imperfections and lasted fairly well - even on my oily skin. It was leightweight and did not settle into pores or lines, even when it was starting to wear of
However, they have since changed the formulation and design of this foundation. I think it was around the end of 2012, maybe beginning of 2013? It's not as leightweight and natural looking anymore. I feel like it settles in my pores a lot and overall is just a huge let down. Especially when compared to the original Healthy mix.

I have used up the bottle I had bought but I would not repurchase or recommend it anymore. Very sad, since this was such a good foundation.

btw I'm not confusing the Healthy mix foundation with the serum. the foundation was in a plastic bottle, too a few years ago. see photo (shortend link): http://bit.ly/2qtITck

on 4/29/2017 1:14:00 PM

I ordered the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Vanilla 52 from Amazon since this product is not available in the US. The formula is lightweight, medium coverage. It was long lasting, mattifying, made my skin look even, smooth, and flawless. It set nicely, and the rest of my makeup blended beautifully. I was looking forward to trying this foundation and wasn't disappointed. It was definitely more expensive than it is in the UK because of currency exchange, plus I feel like they jacked the price up selling to the US. I paid 26$ with shipping, it's my understanding that it's a drugstore product in the UK and under 10£, but I'll live. It was worth it to me. Definitely happy with this foundation and will purchase it again.