Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

on 8/20/2017 6:42:00 AM

I really REALLY wanted to like this foundation. Although it only lasted 5-6 hours on my face , it looked beautiful on and would get comments on how nice my skin looked!! However, after some trial and error I realised that it broke me out, even in places I hadn't broken out since I was a teen (i.e. Forehead and cheeks). I was pretty sure it was healthy mix as it was the only thing I did differently, I persisted for about a month before I realised it wasn't for me :-( it was sad. Would recommend to anyone who isn't acne prone however

Oh my goodness this foundation is amazing.
Let's start with the coverage because for a drugstore foundation, it's pretty damn good. It doesn't take a lot of effort in terms of blending the product especially if you use a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush with it.
If you have any dry patches on your skin this may not be the right formula for you as it is not moisturising enough for it so avoid! I tend to use this one on my rare good skin days :)

on 7/24/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This foundation was amazing. I have really dry skin and every other foundation I have tried highlighted the fact that my skin was dry and clung to the dry patches this foundation however actually made my skin seem not dry at all and even gave me a glow. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin

on 7/17/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

sooo good! i wanna cry! this is my very first time buying this foundation. before i decide buy this product, i really confused. because the price is relative expensive. but i thinking is worthy. so i bravely to buy. and i really really this product. really light and mixed with my skin. i recommended this product.

on 7/11/2017 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation has a light formula and is easy to apply, but it has way more negative sides than positive ones.

First, the smell is really overpowering, to the point of making me nauseated. Second, it did not work well on my oily skin. The foundation started to look cakey and patchy throughout the day, as if it was melting off. It oxidizes a lot, leaving you orange (I used shade 51, vanilla eclair), and transfers really easily onto your hands, clothes, or anything that happens to rub against your face.

But the worst part is how dry and cakey it looked on the slightly dry patches and acne spots on my face... it was like I had rubbed sand on them even though I only applied a light coating (this had not happened with any other foundation before). It also collects in creases (smile lines, nose and so on).

The one positive aspect is that the shade I bought (51) fit me nicely before it oxidized, and the foundation texture felt really good at first. I really wanted to like it due to the positive reviews, but I just couldn't.

on 7/7/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

At first, I strongly wanted to bash this because the first impression was far from good. But then I luckily tried it under different conditions and now I changed my mind.
I was looking for this for at least a year, but here in Italy it isn't avaiable unless bought online, which is quite difficult when looking for the perfect shade. I didn't want to spend 15 euros for something I wasn't sure about, and apparently the shade range is lighter than stated on the name of the shade itself. So, as soon as I spotted it in the DM chain store while on vacation in Croatia, I didn't wait a second and the shade 53 Light Beige was in my cart.
The first impression was simply terrible. During the holidays, I had a strong, painful eczema all around my mouth, chin and cheeks (it happens when I change environment, water and daily habits). I know I shouldn't cover it, but I couldn't do otherwise because god knows when my next vacation will be - so I wanted to be as picture perfect as possible. Sadly, this foundation made it even worse: hard to spread with my usual Revlon brush, the RT sponge absorbed it, plus it was so heavy in the hot weather and didn't last more than 2 hours - leaving a bad, sticky feeling on the face. So it was thrown in the bottom of my makeup bag, as I preferred my good, old, faithful Revlon's Colorstay (still the best foundation I ever had).
Once at home, I gave it a try in my "normal" environment, and it positively surprised me. I used a different brush from my usual and it definitely helped. It still doesn't last as long as it states, but the duration is still decent and survives half day in very hot weather. It is also glowy and very very buildable! At first I thought it was too sheer for me, but then I realized I could build it while it was still wet, for the most flawless base. It doesn't dry as fast as other foundations tho, let's say it takes at least 5 minutes.
Honestly I wouldn't suggest this for oily-skinned people. I have minor troubles with oiliness during summer, and it quickly faded on the nose and chin.

So, in short:

PROS: glowy skin, easily buildable
CONS: not for oily skin, a little doesn't go a long way really

Nice little bottle with a pump which is always a plus, shade range was okay but unfortunately the over powering fragrance was a big no no for my skin, I had it on my skin for a couple of hours and my skin became incredibly itchy, tried a few more times to be sure and it's definitely this foundation

on 6/12/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So they've gone and changed it again.... I didn't like the first version, but rather loved the serum one. This is pretty much like they have mixed the two together. It's coverage is a light-medium and I don't find it especially buildable. Staying power is not as great as the serum foundation, but it is comparably blendable. Like it's the other two incarnations, it oxidises, so I have found going one shade down and pinker than I normally would tends to work best for me. It plays well with the Healthy Mix powder, and I think if you want this to last, you're going to need it. It is Winter here in Australia and I find it comfortable now, but will find it a bit dewy in the summer time.
I have given it some more time and I simply do not get along with this formula. No amount of priming is helping. It makes my pores so obvious, I look like a pixelated, pop-art cartoon. It hasn't escaped my notice that I haven't loved this formula, as I feel that it has changed several times since Bourjois was sold to Coty. Obv Chanel used better ingredients.

on 6/5/2017 10:24:00 PM

This brand is quite pricey in Singapore for a drug store product (my feels). However, this one is definitely a keeper in terms of price point.

I purchased the 52 Vanilla for my usual yellow chinese toned skin and am surprised by how bright and healthy this made me look! My last few foundations were CC cream - IOPE and FACESHOP so maybe the extra coverage made me look healthier? But in any event, this came on as healthy and not cakey, and glowing but not oily. So its great.

The lasting power is alright, until 4-5 hours? You may end up being oilier than you like at the end of the day though. It is still acceptable to me as it kinda still looks healthy but people with oil issues may want to touch up with powder to bring back a more matte appearance.

all in all, I will keep a look out for this in the next sale.

Bourjois is shaping out to be one of my fav drug store brand! so far, its been great foundation and lipstick. Am pleased!

on 5/28/2017 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After circling through some high-end brands for a number of years I wanted to test some high-street products to make sure I was getting my money's worth!

I was previously using Clinique Superbalanced foundation and this Bourjois one is far superior. It has a very liquid texture and gives a sheer, glow-y finish to the skin that doesn't look too heavy or patchy. This foundation has real staying power and by the end of the day I never look patchy or cakey. It is 'illuminating', a feature I've always stayed away from as to me it's synonymous with 'oily' but actually, this foundation gives just the right amount of glow.

Would definitely recommend as I feel it beats many of the high-end brands I've tried recently!