Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

on 12/3/2017 4:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I hate it... I bought it because I read that it looks natural and radiant... it doesn't !
it feels very light weight which is good but when I look closer in the mirror it looks very powdery..
theres a lot of better cheaper options, I will surely pass on this one..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the new version in square packaging renamed "Bourjois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue Foundation". I bought shade no 51.

Shade
The shade is the deal breaker for me. No 51 for the Healthy Mix Serum was a good match so I bought the same shade for the Foundation. However, after using a full pump of the Foundation, I noticed that my face looked slightly darker than my neck and chest. My first thought was oxidisation but only 15 minutes had passed since application. To make sure, I compared swatches of the Serum and Foundation on my arm. I've uploaded and labelled the photos, which were taken in natural indirect sunlight. The Foundation is pinker and darker than the Serum.

Finish and texture
The HM Foundation is light and spread to blend with fingers. It disguises pores and skin texture. It applies just as well with a damp sponge. The finish is semi-matte and coverage is around light to medium, but heavier than the Serum.

Longevity
My nose and forehead get slightly oily (not an oil slick) and cheeks are normal. If I set with power and spray Max Fix+, the Foundation begins to separate around my nose and chin towards the 10-hour mark. Blotting will help but sometimes the skin around my nose still looks dry by the end of the day. With no power, it separates around the 8-hour mark. It fares better if applied with a damp sponge since less product is applied to the skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

OH MY, i love this foundation!
I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin - oily T-zone with dry patches on chin, and this is the only one that works. Also the tone for me ("Vanilla") is just right. Anyways, I have tried many foundations before and they either were too light or too heavy, made me break out or were too drying. This, however, gives me natural coverage that is not too noticeable (people often are surprised I tell them I am wearing foundation), last me well during the day ,getting just a bit oily in my T-zone as I have oily skin there (duh) and I do not use any powders, and lastly, it does not make my dry patches worse and does not break me out more.
I try different things but keep coming back to this one all the time!!

on 11/7/2017 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried the healthy mix foundation in the colour Vanilla (51)
I dabbed it on my face while out shopping, so i didn't put the effort into applying the foundation with a brush
or beauty blender like usually would with other foundations.
I left the shop and when out in the natural light i was pleasantly surprised just how nice the foundation looked on my skin.

The colour was spot on, and gave a really healthy glow to my skin,and covered my redness just enough.
Now, i wouldn't say this is any more than a medium coverage, in fact i would call it almost identical in colour and texture to the
Mac water weight foundation in the colour 10. Very neutral tone, which is very hard to find in a chemist /drug store foundation.
I only wore it for about 5 hours, so i cannot comment on the longevity of this foundation, or whether it settled into lines and wrinkles.
For this reason i only give it 4 stars, and given how happy i was with the overall look when i caught my reflection in the mirror, i would definitely purchase this foundation; probably wear it on those days when you want some cover, but have no where really special to go.
I cannot imagine wearing this on really hot days, as it could possibly become too shiny.

It is available everywhere here in Australia, and quite often on sale, in fact the day i tried it, was down to $21. So much nicer than a lot of higher end foundations i have tried.
For reference, i am on the dry side, and perfectly matched to Nars sheer glow colour Deuville, Mac studio fix nc 15, makeup forever HD stick 117. I will update further when i purchase this foundation, otherwise i would definitely recommend for those with dryer skin, and like that dewy look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately right after I bought this product I noticed that there is alcohol denat. in the ingredients, which makes this product unusable, since alcohol dries out and damages the skin overtime. Fragrance is also present in high amount and is very overpowering, so if you have sensitive skin like me I would stay away from this product. It might be a good foundation aesthetically but not good at all for your skin.This buy reminded me to always check the ingredients before buying, regardless of the hype

on 11/9/2017 5:26:00 AM

I have oily-combinated skin and it doesn’t work for me. Maybe for someone with dry-normal skin. Healthy mix oxidase a lot after 1-2 hours, so if you are going to buy it, buy one shade lighter.

on 8/20/2017 6:42:00 AM

I really REALLY wanted to like this foundation. Although it only lasted 5-6 hours on my face , it looked beautiful on and would get comments on how nice my skin looked!! However, after some trial and error I realised that it broke me out, even in places I hadn't broken out since I was a teen (i.e. Forehead and cheeks). I was pretty sure it was healthy mix as it was the only thing I did differently, I persisted for about a month before I realised it wasn't for me :-( it was sad. Would recommend to anyone who isn't acne prone however

on 9/8/2017 4:29:00 PM

Very good foundation. I used the original version about 7 years ago and because I was in need of a new foundation (after MAC waterweight caused acne) I decided to order this one without testing it. The lightest colour (51 light vanilla) isn't sold in stores here, so I just had to trust Bourjois didn't change the colour and texture too much.

But I'm positively surprised. The colour match is okay (I would say neutral, while I'm warm), I do need a lot of product for decent coverage and my oily zones get very shiny after 2 hours, but it lasts so long on the skin without breaking, creasing or oxidising. I apply it with a buffer brush and blend it out with my beauty blender. I set it with LM translucent setting powder et voila, the foundation sits loyally on my skin for at least 12 hours. I do need to blot my nose, forehead and chin, but it's totally worth it. I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin but, contrary to what others here have said, it does work well on my dry patches. Overall a great foundation for a reasonable price!

on 9/8/2017 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Nice shades. Nice packaging. Price OK.
Coverage medium, builable. Not comedogenic.
Unfortunately, the newest version (square) is drying the skin and accentuating dry parts. While still being dewy.
It's neither matt, nor hydrating.
The previous one was great (round packaging) for my mixed dehydrated skin.
The new one I would not recommend to anyone. Too dewy for oily skin. Too drying for dry skin. It's good maybe only for people with normal, naturally great skin, and no one else.
Fragrance is too strong.

[UPDATE] I think this new version is comedogenic for me. Every time I use it for some time, my skin becomes all clogged.

on 9/13/2017 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my favourite drugstore foundation ever. But what is so disappointing is that, with such a limited shade range, it really fails to cater to anyone with more than a light to medium skin tone. I regularly fake tan which means the darkest shade (53) is almost always too light for me, so I really can only get away with this on paler days.

With that being said, what I really love about this product is that the shades all have very yellow undertones, which suits my skin really well, and I always find more yellow based foundations harder to come by in the drugstore. That, however, is obviously not much use for anyone with more pink or neutral tones - so if you're not super warm, I'd say the shades may not be so suitable for you. The coverage is also amazing and covers redness almost completely without feeling too heavy, and the light texture also helps to make this foundation really buildable. I also absolutely love the scent of this, although it makes no odds to the overall performance!

Edit: I've since discovered that they do actually go darker than shade 53! However I haven't seen any of these darker shades instore in the UK