Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

on 2/3/2019 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought Healthy Mix after reading a million good reviews online. They were all right!

Pros: It has a lovely, natural-looking semi-matte finish and medium coverage. It also comes with a pump bottle, and the price of this foundation is great - especially in UK shops and on Asos. I also found that this foundation lasts quite well on my slightly oily skin (I always powder).

Cons: It can be hard to find all the available shades in shops, most just stock medium colours. The range does include new fair and deep shades, but anyone lighter than MAC nw10 will be out of luck. This foundation also has a relatively strong fruity scent, which I love but others may not like.

on 1/8/2019 4:30:00 AM

This is my current foundation and has been in rotation for the past months, I used it even during summer. This is a good foundation in my opinion. I like on initial application, it may look a little bit too shiny, do if you are not a fan of that, maybe skip this product altogether. I have normal leaning to oily skin and this is not the perfect foundation to keep the oils at bay, I still have to blot 2-4 hours after application and then 2-3 times during the day. I find it wears ok during the day, yes it is not perfect after 10-11 hours of wear. I apply with my fingers or with a brush, coverage is slightly better with a brush, however do keep in mind to spend the time and blend it, because is will have some streaks, and also allow a minute to settle and dry down, because it will move. I marked I will repurchase it once I run out of it, however I would wait for a sale. Overall, I have much more expensive foundation, that I like less than this one, so it is a good choice.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Mediocre foundation for me, gets really oily on my t zone and performs worse than other drugstore alternative. Colorwise 55 dark beige was a good match for my nc35 skin.

on 9/28/2018 7:35:00 AM

I'm NC15, fair skin with warm undertones and I use shade 52 - I probably wouldn't recommend it for people with cooler undertones as it seems to lean more yellow/golden when applied. The range of shades available also seems to be quite limited (at least where I bought it).
The consistency is quite liquid so I would say apply with a brush/blender as opposed to with fingers.
There is a pleasant smell from the product (does not have that 'paint-like' smell that some foundations seem to have). It has resonably good staying power for a light-medium coverage foundation, I found a touch-up in the T-zone was needed after 6-7 hours wear but a little powder over it when applied does increase the wear time. If I was going out at night or wanted something with a bit more coverage, I'd give this one a miss to be honest.
Overall, I find it does give a nice glow to the skin and is great value for every day wear, so if you can get a shade which suits I would recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Why oh why did I ever wait to buy this for so many years???? HG foundation all the way!!
My mature, oily, bumpy skin with humongous pores looks sooo pretty with this on.
It looks like skin!!
This is the only foundation that covers nicely (Medium) and looks like your own skin, not heavy and cakey.
I have a real hard time preventing foundation from settling into my pores, stippling, sponging, buffing...
This one looks great with either a sponge or a buffing bush.
After watching Lisa Eldridge for the last almost 10 years and her adoration of this... Why did I wait?
If you are over 40,have large pores and slight redness - this is it!!
It held up long workday with a facemask (I am a dental hygienist) and there was minimal wearing off. I powdered slightly every 3 hours and it still looked good at the end of the day.
It gives a slight luminescence to the skin, which I love, without looking shiney.
HG!

DEVASTATED

I thought I finally got rid of my acne after years..I read some reviews that said it was non comedogenic, and oil free..apparently not..
Two days after using it my skin was SO oily like now I have to wash it 3 or 4 times a day (2 times more than the usual) as it gets oil-ier day by day/ + HUGE breakout all over my chin and my cheeks and i rarely get acne on the cheeks.
If you have an oily acne prone skin i do not recommend.
Also their lighter shade is yet darker than mine so if you’re white as paper you’ll see the color difference between the lightest shade and your skin , trust me it is very noticeable.

on 9/1/2018 9:24:00 PM

Been using this for some months and I must say, for me, there is no better foundation at any price and I've tried so many in my 70 plus years. The greatest part besides the way this foundation covers and allows you skin to breathe is the price, It doesn't cake or settle in wrinkles or pores. It lasts for hours and seems to become part of your skin. My skin is highly sensitive so I cannot use most foundations, even some of the high end foundations and I'm thrilled to be able to cut costs. I was not initially a fan because this is light but it's build able and I found I prefer the lighter coverage. My once oily skin is now dry and flaky so the moisturizing quality of this foundation is highly appreciated.

I'm so sad. It used to be the best drugstore foundation out there in my mind until they changed the formula a year ago. The older version was perfection. Glowy looking finish, medium coverage, finely-milled pigments, moisturising formula.... And most importantly, the shades were yellow-toned leaning cool, that is to say, olive-friendly. But now, the formula is way too moisturising and shiny looking. It reminds me of Chanel Vitalumiere and might caters to those very dry-skinned or mature-skinned ladies. But for other skin types it's just too much. And the shades. It's no longer yellow/olive. It's orange! The shade 52 was perfect but now it's too dark for my NC20-25 skin. The shade range is okay in France. But a lot of darker shades are not available internationally. Why, Bourjois? Why?

on 8/18/2018 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

An average foundation. Colour choices are limited. It may be that I have combination skin with yellow undertones, but this foundation never seemed the right fit for me. Despite me doing a swatch tests on various colour, it looked odd on my face. Also the foundation seemed quite heavy in its consistency - skin looked overloaded /oily from the start.
Better suited to far skinned, complexions with pink/neutral undertones and with normal dry skin
The lid doesn't stay on and the nozzle from the pump didn't seem secure. Needs to be stored upright.

I tried this foundation in the shade 52 Vanilla a while ago while it was on sale. I have combination/dry skin (more dry than anything else).

It is very lightweight, which I love. In terms of coverage, it does very little to cover blemishes or redness. When combined with colour-correcting primer, this can be improved (though I would not say the results are flawless).It blends well with a brush or sponge and has a dewy, natural finish (though be warned that this effect will not last the day). I have noticed it oxidises on my face throughout the day, leaving me slightly more yellow/orange over time. Another issue is that this product struggles to last the whole work day, even with a good setting spray.

This is just what I have experienced on my skin.