75%

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

2 months ago

I'm glad this works for so many people but I want to describe my experience with it for those with skin similar to mine, because it was really bad for me. In advance, I'd like to state I've had similar reactions to other products, especially foundations in the past, some of those products have a HG status with many users. I'm saying, it seems to boil down to user specific sensitivity more than the quality of the product, so I'm not sure how fair my rating is, but I've stuck with it because it does reflect my experience. The lightest available shade (don't have the bottle anymore, not sure what the shade was) was pretty good for me. Even though it seems to have strong yellow hues, it somehow does look nice and healthy. It looks very radiant, which I wanted as I have dry skin and look parched with anything in the mattifying territory. It doesn't settle into pores or creases, doesn't cling to peach fuzz, and looks nice all day, for me anyway. It could be too shiny for those with oilier skins. However, even while I was applying it I could feel a starchy, powdery texture, like it was a liquid to powder formula. It looked shiny but felt very drying and that just kept getting worse through the day, to the point that with the slightest movement with facial muscles it felt like my skin was a dry paper bag crumpling. It felt prickly, like dry skin in windy weather. I should mention I've had my dryness under control for a year now and my skin does not feel that way on it's own. It made my eyes tired and burning a bit, and I found myself squinting a lot. The drying effect was extreme and very uncomfortable. Upon washing it off I discovered a few pimples, and weeks after I still have remnants of a cystic one. I only ever get them from unfortunate products and biotin, don't have any acne otherwise. I was very disappointed because it looks much nicer than it feels and certainly if your skin doesn't hate the ingredients, it's the best looking of all drugstore foundations. I looked up the ingredients of every foundation I've ever used, and a few other cosmetic items. This reaction has only happened to me with products containing butylene glycol, and most of them also had silica. I've had no issues with foundations that don't have these ingredients. Just mentioning in case anyone else has been having these issues and is trying to find the culprit, could be the same one for you. Mac, Maybelline, Catrice HD, some of the essence ones all did this to me, and some of those are very popular with other people. Our stores have a no return policy for opened cosmetics, so I payed 18 euro to screw up my skin. I can't say avoid it, because not everyone has this sensitivity, but try to get a sample or at least make sure you can get a return before you buy it.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

This is by far my favorite foundation to use! For myself personally i have never experienced an allergic reaction to this foundation. This foundation also works with any powder or primer. i will sometimes use physicians formula translucent powder for example. Pros Light weight beautifully scented ( not overpowering) Moisturizing healthy glow matches skin tone perfectly Lasts quite awhile ( with powders and primers) easy to apply with either sponge, fingers or brush Good to use for any season - foundation doesn't sweat too much for summer, and this foundation will work with any skin tone or type. Cons The only negative is the price point. It is quite expensive for $30.00. So i would use quite sparingly :)

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

5 months ago

My favourite foundation of all-time. It's moisturising, long-lasting and almost invisible. It's rather supposed to be for dry skin but looks and works great on my oily skin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrown

5 months ago

Honestly for the price you get a very good foundation, goes on creamy, gives nice coverage, a natural finish , the choice of colors is pretty good too...it certainly is better than some high brand foundations I have bought..I highly recommend it..bourjois is a brand I enjoy .

About reviewer (292 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

from

5 months ago

I have this in the color Beige. I love this one esp in the winter months. It wears comfortably, hydrating (not greasy), feels and looks good on the skin, no irritation, and relatively long wearing. I picked this up when I was in Canada at Shopper's Drug Mart and paid $30 Canadian $, which is kind of expensive. Now that I know which color I am, I will order from Amazon or another website.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

from

I used no 45 beige very niiiiice

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

7 months ago

I wasn’t expecting this to be a super star foundation, but it performs very well for my mature, dry skin. It goes on liquidy and sets fairly quickly. I applied with a brush and then dabbed on some more with a sponge in some problem areas. The coverage is really great - a good medium. The finish is radiant with some glow but not overly so. I love that it kind of floated over my pores and didn’t settle into lines and textured skin. I only powdered my nose as that’s the area that tends to get shiny rather quickly. My nose didn’t get shiny until almost 8 hours of wear and even then, I could blot with a tissue and the foundation didn’t come off. This is also the only foundation that doesn’t transfer on to my eyeglasses. It’s the only foundation that almost looks better as the day goes on but still stays in place. I find that this also makes my skin so soft to the touch. For my mature skin, I either get moisturizing that doesn’t last long or long lasting but super drying. This foundation held up nicely throughout the day and I could see the color come off in my sponge when I washed my face at night. So far really liking this drug store foundation. I like it so well that it might be tied for HG status with Koh Gen Do Moisture foundation. I only wish that we could get the .5 colors in the US as they run more pink. I use the 52 Light Vanilla which is neutral enough to match my cool toned coloring. Only con: The foundation has an almost fruity smell when you first apply. While it’s not a terrible smell, I would rather have no smell. It does go away quickly though. Update: The more I use this, the more I like it. I mixed 50 and 51 to get a perfect match for my light neutral to cool leaning skin tone. I find when I use any other foundation, I find myself comparing it to this Healthy Skin. Even my beloved Koh Gen Do Moisture foundation may now be dropped to runner up status.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

7 months ago

I buy alot of makeup and have never written a review online. I bought the Bourjois Little Round Pot eyeshadow in Mauvie Star when I was on vacation in Canada. This has become my favorite eyeshadow. The color stays on all day. It's a darker color than I would normally wear, but it's sheer and has a very special luminescence. The only complaint I have is the pot is so small it falls alot and is has crumbled every time. But, I like it so much, I keep buying it!e Guess I'll just be more careful! Love this product!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

2.0

8 months ago

I bought this one recently at the drugstore as I don't really see why I should spend more money on a foundation...but this one did disappoint me a lot as I own some bourjois products but this one doesn't work at all! It's like not melting with my skin and it just sits on top..looks strange and tried it with a brush and a sponge but still doesn't work...don't like the finish as it looks like wearing a mask...

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

EyesBrown

3.0

8 months ago

It's a big MEH from me. I've heard about this foundation for yonks and I wanted to try something different than my beloved Rimmel Lasting Finish 25HR (light med/amazing skin finish.) Living in NZ I had to order this from the UK, this was the level of devoted I was. First day of wear, not good at all. Sunk into my pores so I had little foundation dots all over my face...hmm. I tried again the next day with a clean sponge and really pressed the foundation and powder together and it was a little better. The cover is definitely just light coverage tho, you can't really build this. This also disappears from my dry/oily skin very quickly. On at 8am, and by 2pm I really look like I'm wearing no make-up. There's still a bit on, and a nice glow but nothing fantastic. I also feel like this makes my skin look more textured than other foundations. All in all, I'll use it sporadically for days I'm okay with my skin and don't mind it disappearing. I will not repurchase however. The shade range is average too. I bought 51, as I'm a neutral undertone but knew it would be too light. I have to add foundation drops to darken it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24