CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 5/17/2018 10:55:00 PM

Love it, full of great skin care ingredients, light, nice to sleep in.

on 5/12/2018 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

On my third bottle. Love this moisturizer for night time. It has ceramides which is great for your skin. I love that it’s fragrance free because my skin is a little sensitive and I get hives from a lot of random things. Its moisturizing but not very rich so may not be enough for someone with very dry skin. But works for my normal combination skin. I’m acne prone and it never caused me to break out.

on 5/5/2018 6:37:00 PM

This moisturizer is another one of my irritated skin go-to products. It isn’t something I use on a regular basis, but if I need a moisturizer that won’t irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts I know I can turn to this one!

I have oily skin and this was very, very greasy and made me breakout the first day. You may like it if you have dry skin. It does feel good on your skin. It makes your skin glow and spreads evenly and easily. Unfortunately, I have tried this two times throughout my life and it made me breakout each time so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about or why it's dermatologist recommended for acne especially being full of harmful ingredients.

on 4/10/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How have I not reviewed this yet?! I switched from Clinique DDM gel to this about 2 years ago, and it is my absolute favorite daytime moisturizer (and really, the only one I use). It's super-light, which is great for under makeup, but not so light that my normal skin doesn't feel adequately hydrated. It doesn't cause any skin problems or irritation -- in fact, I would attribute this moisturizer to helping even out my skin quite a bit! I basically can't say enough good things about it -- I've repurchased it several times, and will continue to do so. Cerave is one of the more expensive drugstore brands, but this is a quality moisturizer and I'm willing to spend a bit more.

on 4/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

This use to be my favorite moisturizer. But ever since L'oreal bought out Cerave, they've changed the formula but continue to deny that there were any formula changes.

The old formula was the best. Moisturizing, calming, and healed PIE/PIH like crazy because of the niacinamide. It was my favorite moisturizer and it worked great on my PIE (especially when I slathered it on like crazy. Moisturizing a lot helps with PIE rather than drying it out). Not only that, but somehow the formula managed to tighten up my pores and still keep my skin looking plump and luminous.

The new formula... is disappointing. When I first started using it, I didn't realize any major changes. However, after using it for 1-2ish months, my skin looks more red and irritated than it did before. Not only that, but this keeps giving me super inflamed pimples that i never got when using the old formula. It somehow managed to make my PIE look even more red and caused these super tiny pimples on my face that generally only show up when a product irritates me. I had to discontinue use and switch to another moisturizer (Vanicream Lite - which I love!!). Not only that, but somehow it just sat on the skin and never fully sunk in - thus being a PITA when going outside because the wind would blow and my hair would stick onto my skin. It also somehow manages to be even less moisturizing than the original and I would often times wake up feeling tight but looking like a greaseball when using the new formula.

If you want to see which formula you still have or see the new ingredients list, I have pictures of both the front and back here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/88wc5a/misc_oldnew_formulas_for_cerave_foaming_and_pm/

Sad that L'oreal has decided to change a formula that was never broken in the first place. I won't buy this again anymore unfortunately.

Another product I really wanted to like, but it just didn't work out. The lotion is very lightweight, and absorbs easily. But my skin can't handle the niacinamide.

on 2/18/2018 6:52:00 PM

This cream is so moisturizing for flaky winter skin. The price is moderate at 16 dollars, so you would have to decide if it is worth it for you. But, my skin felt softer and less irritated the next day. The ingredients seem really nice and emollient, and it didn't break me out even though a lot of beauty products do. Use if if you have dry skin or to pair with an AHA or underneath makeup.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Was not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. I got accidentally got some under my eyes and it caused a reaction where my under eyes got puffy and purple. This lasted about an hour.

on 1/22/2018 5:13:00 PM

This light-feeling lotion hydrates my skin, and leaves it soft, plump, youthful but not sticky. I like using it before applying Retin A Micro .1% gel (tretinoin microsperes gel); I think it creates a nice base for better absorption of the retinoid product. I also like using it in the morning after cleansing and before sunscreen and bb/cc cream.

It does not break me out, and I have always had trouble finding moisturizers that clog my pores and cause acne. I have sensitive, oily, break-out prone skin, I have enlarged pores and hyperpigmentation from sun and past acne. Until I found this, I thought Drunk Elephant's B Hydra was the only moisturizer I could use. I'm thrilled to say I can save my money and not have to repurchase the B Hydra (which I had purchased multiple times with no skin benefit other than not breaking out).

I honestly do not think there are any cons! The pros include:
- excellent ingredients including niacinamide and ceramides
- elegant texture and lightweight feel
- reasonable price, often with coupons available from cerave website
- fragrance-free