CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 2/18/2018 6:52:00 PM

This cream is so moisturizing for flaky winter skin. The price is moderate at 16 dollars, so you would have to decide if it is worth it for you. But, my skin felt softer and less irritated the next day. The ingredients seem really nice and emollient, and it didn't break me out even though a lot of beauty products do. Use if if you have dry skin or to pair with an AHA or underneath makeup.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Was not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. I got accidentally got some under my eyes and it caused a reaction where my under eyes got puffy and purple. This lasted about an hour.

on 1/22/2018 5:13:00 PM

This light-feeling lotion hydrates my skin, and leaves it soft, plump, youthful but not sticky. I like using it before applying Retin A Micro .1% gel (tretinoin microsperes gel); I think it creates a nice base for better absorption of the retinoid product. I also like using it in the morning after cleansing and before sunscreen and bb/cc cream.

It does not break me out, and I have always had trouble finding moisturizers that clog my pores and cause acne. I have sensitive, oily, break-out prone skin, I have enlarged pores and hyperpigmentation from sun and past acne. Until I found this, I thought Drunk Elephant's B Hydra was the only moisturizer I could use. I'm thrilled to say I can save my money and not have to repurchase the B Hydra (which I had purchased multiple times with no skin benefit other than not breaking out).

I honestly do not think there are any cons! The pros include:
- excellent ingredients including niacinamide and ceramides
- elegant texture and lightweight feel
- reasonable price, often with coupons available from cerave website
- fragrance-free
- airtight pump packaging

on 1/16/2018 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love it and replace it whenever I run out. This is the PM but I use it in the AM before putting my makeup on because it plays nice under all of my foundations and tinted moisturizers and never makes me oily. It's not the only one I use but it is definitely a staple for me. It never irritates, sinks right in and makes my skin feel wonderful. I do not like the Cerave AM at all. It has SPF 30 and burns and irritates my face and also seems oilier than the PM. It sort of just sits on my face and doesn't absorb as easily as the PM. I also can use this on the under eye area and it never burns, irritates, causes milia, etc. Zero fragrance too. It has a nice pump bottle that always works well. Walgreens always has buy one get one 50% off so I usually order 2 at at time because my husband uses it also.

DESCRIPTION FROM THE WEBSITE:
Type of skin:
Normal to dry

Areas of concern:
Acne prone skin care, dry skin

Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion effectively moisturizes and helps to restore the protective skin barrier of the face and neck. This lightweight, non-greasy lotion, with 3 essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid, provides all day hydration after just one use. Fragrance free formula is suitable for sensitive skin.

INGREDIENTS:

on 1/16/2018 5:07:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL for sensitive skin. Disappears perfectly into my skin without fragrance or residue. I have tried many other moisturizers and always come back to this. Note -- must use the PM. The daytime version with spf is not fragrance free and will sting.

This has a pretty good ingredients list and I really enjoyed using it until I figured out that this was the culprit for most of my clogged pores and breakouts. I love the lightweight gel texture, perfect for my combination skin with its greasy T-zone. I didn't find that it was hydrating enough for my dehydrated skin, however, so I always layered it on top of other products.

Overall, this wasn't meant to be, we have to part ways. It was pretty nice while it lasted though.

on 1/3/2018 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

YESSSSS! I’m on my 2nd bottle of CeraVe PM. I love it! For less than $15 I can get ceramics, niacinqmide, and hyaluronic acid! Seriously? Yes seriously. There still might even be a coupon for $2 on the product website.

It’s in a pump, which is super convienent. I use it over Philosphy Help Me every other night to my face and neck and I wake up to buttery soft skin. I’m 50 and let’s just say that’s quite a feat. The nights I don’t use Help Me I just use CeraVe PM.

The moisturizer is a white gel. The pump never clogged up but I do use this product every night. I didn’t notice any smell to it either.

I’ve tried all sorts of moisturzing concoctions on my very-fair-never-tans-always-burns 50 yo skin. It’s not fun choosing a cystic breakout or dealing with wrinkles/softening my skin. I’ve broken out from quite a few of the serums/overnight treatments but not this one. It’s a keeper.

I’ve yet to try the AM moisturizer because it’s winter and I use other sunscreen on my face. Should the sun should ever shine (in 6 months, perhaps?) I’ll try it.

And I adore the fact I can go to CVS or Walgreens for it. No special trip to the mall!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The only thing I like about this is the packaging. This is just icky. It broke me out every time I used it with all these little under-the-skin type bumps. Eughh. That would be understandable if this was a really rich cream, but it isn't. It's very thin and makes my skin feel... kinda... papery afterwards? I don't even know. It's bad. For me, anyway.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am almost 46. I started using Cerave with the hydrating cleanser, which didn't work either. This felt heavy on my face and broke me out. My skin is dry and very sensitive. The only time my face breaks out is from a product I have used on my face or hair and this was one. Every Cerave product I have tried has broke me out so I just stopped using. I can't see using any of their products for sensitive skin.

on 12/11/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At first I thought I had developed eczema out of nowhere! Then for some reason I stopped using this moisturizer and my dry patches disappeared! It has been a year and I did not get them back. Funny how it never occurred to me that THIS product could be causing the problem since this is meant to be "dermatologically recommended" and has some fancy ingredients! Looking back at it, I should have known this product was the culprit since I did not have those patches before using this.