CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 12/11/2017 5:05:00 PM

At first I thought I had developed eczema out of nowhere! Then for some reason I stopped using this moisturizer and my dry patches disappeared! It has been a year and I did not get them back. Funny how it never occurred to me that THIS product could be causing the problem since this is meant to be "dermatologically recommended" and has some fancy ingredients! Looking back at it, I should have known this product was the culprit since I did not have those patches before using this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am almost 46. I started using Cerave with the hydrating cleanser, which didn't work either. This felt heavy on my face and broke me out. My skin is dry and very sensitive. The only time my face breaks out is from a product I have used on my face or hair and this was one. Every Cerave product I have tried has broke me out so I just stopped using. I can't see using any of their products for sensitive skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a light weight moisturizer. It doesnot keep me away from dryness in the winter. Also, when I wash my face with this cream on, I see white peelings off my face.. I guess the ingredients are not really soaked into my skin ;(

I just recently just bought this product yesterday. I ran out of my somewhat alright moisturizer, which was garnier skin renew. That product though made my skin worst and broke me out. So I searched for a new product and stumbled onto this. I did a lot of research about this product such as the reviews and the individuals that used this product. Through my research I found out this product makes other break out because of the ingredients. No matter what though, I still tried it and I regret it. This particular product may work for some but as for me it did not. I applied this product just yesterday and the next day it broke me out. The texture of this product seems greasy to me and It kind of felt heavy. The only thing I could say is that it did make my skin soft but again it broke me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This broke me out terribly. I did a patch test and got deep, cystic pimples were I applied this. I never get cystic pimples! There is something that makes this formulation EXTREMELY comedogenic.

Great ingredients, relatively moisturizing, but do a patch test first!

on 11/18/2017 4:38:00 PM

I bought this lotion mostly because of the hyaluronic acid and ceramides. Ceramides are the lipids on the outer layers of your skin while hyaluronic acid retains moisture. I have combination skin with an oily t zone and dry cheeks. I apply it liberally to my face at night in conjunction with the CeraVe Hydrating bar and it pairs beautifully. I do have sensitive skin and rosacea and my skin has not been irritated by it (something that's very important to me). I wake up with my skin looking calm, hydrated and soft. Fragrance-free and perfect for sensitive rosacea skin. However, some people are highly irritated by niacinamides which could lead to stinging and break outs so buy at your own risk. An alternative is Vanicream (cliniderm in Canada) that does not contain niacinamides.

on 8/24/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Good basic moisturizer. Texture is nice - light, hydrating and doesn't leave my oily skin greasy. Works well for nighttime in the summer, not quite hydrating enough for me in the winter. I have very acne prone skin and thankfully haven't had any issues with breakouts from this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Yuck! After doing some research I found some ingredients in here my skin possibly disagreed with. I stopped using this and substituted the CeraVe moisturizing cream in the tub. My skin TEXTURE is noticeably softer and smoother now. Steer clear if you have sensitive skin or skin prone to clogging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product moisturized my skin well... but it made me break out into these big horrible painful cystic pimples. My skin doesn't do that normally. I know it was this product because it was the newest thing that I incorporated into my skin care routine. I had such high hopes for it because it had a high rating on Paula's Beautypedia website and it is marketed towards sensitive skin.

I quit using it and then I tried it again to see if it had the same effect and it did so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cerave is a brand that my dermatologist, magazines and many women swear by. Unfortunately, most of the things I have tried by the brand are not for me. I have combination skin, very clog and acne prone. This PM moisturizer broke me out terribly, I'm sad to say :/ Returned it.