CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 8/8/2018 6:43:00 PM

I think the Niacinimide was initially causing some irritation when I started using it. I would have small red bumps and my skin would itch. After a few weeks that subsided and am now enjoying the product. I do get some break outs still but I believe they are hormonal and not related to the lotion. I began putting the lotion on wet skin which it has been helping to lock in water/moisture. I don't find it super hydrating so come winter I will need a heavier cream to layer on top. I love that it is fragrance free as most scents cause my skin to freak out.

on 7/16/2018 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For a product that is supposed to be non-irritating, the multiple formulation changes have been super annoying. It was a reliable, trustworthy product for my sensitive, redness-prone skin about 3-4 years ago. It felt like a lightweight cream and I had no adverse reactions at all. The first reformulation I tried was more like a gel, and broke me out. The current formulation (a third?) is somewhere between the first and the second, texture wise, but provides the least moisturizing benefits of any of them, and still breaks me out. To add insult, the newest bottle is terrible. From about the 2nd use on I was untwisting the entire top and using the pump tube to scoop out product. I'm pretty distrustful of the entire brand now, which is disappointing because of how available and affordable it is.

I loved the original version of the CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing lotion and used it night and day. It was my HG but then CeraVe changed the formula and now it breaks me out and pills under my makeup. My skin is very resistant and nothing breaks me out, I was so surprised to find out that CeraVe had changed the formula! Very disappointed and will not be repurchasing or recommending to my friends again.

on 5/17/2018 10:55:00 PM

Love it, full of great skin care ingredients, light, nice to sleep in.

on 5/12/2018 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

On my third bottle. Love this moisturizer for night time. It has ceramides which is great for your skin. I love that it’s fragrance free because my skin is a little sensitive and I get hives from a lot of random things. Its moisturizing but not very rich so may not be enough for someone with very dry skin. But works for my normal combination skin. I’m acne prone and it never caused me to break out.

on 5/5/2018 6:37:00 PM

This moisturizer is another one of my irritated skin go-to products. It isn’t something I use on a regular basis, but if I need a moisturizer that won’t irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts I know I can turn to this one!

Edit 07/23/18:

I forgot to update my review after discontinuing the use of this product. I REALLY wish it works for me. I absolutely adore the consistency, it made my skin glow, eliminated redness, and wore very well under makeup however this was causing a massive amount of closed comedones, papules, and it made my skin itch while it was on. For those reasons it wasn’t worth it.

I have oily skin and this was very, very greasy and made me breakout the first day. You may like it if you have dry skin. It does feel good on your skin. It makes your skin glow and spreads evenly and easily. Unfortunately, I have tried this two times throughout my life and it made me breakout each time so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about or why it's dermatologist recommended for acne especially being full of harmful ingredients.

on 4/10/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How have I not reviewed this yet?! I switched from Clinique DDM gel to this about 2 years ago, and it is my absolute favorite daytime moisturizer (and really, the only one I use). It's super-light, which is great for under makeup, but not so light that my normal skin doesn't feel adequately hydrated. It doesn't cause any skin problems or irritation -- in fact, I would attribute this moisturizer to helping even out my skin quite a bit! I basically can't say enough good things about it -- I've repurchased it several times, and will continue to do so. Cerave is one of the more expensive drugstore brands, but this is a quality moisturizer and I'm willing to spend a bit more.

on 4/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

This use to be my favorite moisturizer. But ever since L'oreal bought out Cerave, they've changed the formula but continue to deny that there were any formula changes.

The old formula was the best. Moisturizing, calming, and healed PIE/PIH like crazy because of the niacinamide. It was my favorite moisturizer and it worked great on my PIE (especially when I slathered it on like crazy. Moisturizing a lot helps with PIE rather than drying it out). Not only that, but somehow the formula managed to tighten up my pores and still keep my skin looking plump and luminous.

The new formula... is disappointing. When I first started using it, I didn't realize any major changes. However, after using it for 1-2ish months, my skin looks more red and irritated than it did before. Not only that, but this keeps giving me super inflamed pimples that i never got when using the old formula. It somehow managed to make my PIE look even more red and caused these super tiny pimples on my face that generally only show up when a product irritates me. I had to discontinue use and switch to another moisturizer (Vanicream Lite - which I love!!). Not only that, but somehow it just sat on the skin and never fully sunk in - thus being a PITA when going outside because the wind would blow and my hair would stick onto my skin. It also somehow manages to be even less moisturizing than the original and I would often times wake up feeling tight but looking like a greaseball when using the new formula.

If you want to see which formula you still have or see the new ingredients list, I have pictures of both the front and back here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/88wc5a/misc_oldnew_formulas_for_cerave_foaming_and_pm/

Sad that L'oreal has decided to change a formula that was never broken in the first place. I won't buy this again anymore unfortunately.

Another product I really wanted to like, but it just didn't work out. The lotion is very lightweight, and absorbs easily. But my skin can't handle the niacinamide.