CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

**beware the reformulation**

I used this product as my Holy Grail for a year. Suddenly I'm breaking out with large cysts and pimples all down my neck, all over my forehead, soon my cheeks. I started eliminating all products it may be without even thinking of my Holy Grail. They changed the packaging but I heard nothing of the reformulation, but the ingredients list has changed once I researched into it. I have since stopped using this and a week on it's a little better, but will still take my skin another couple weeks to heal.

I am very unimpressed.

on 10/9/2018 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am relatively oily and I often get pimples and hormonal acne, however my skin was screaming for some serious hydration the last couple of years (as many oily people do, I tended to skip hydration as an attempt to manage my oiliness). So I was searching for an effective yet lightweight moisturizer and I came across cerave. I've been using it for about a month and I find it to be a great product. I use it right after cleansing on a wet face and even put in on my eyes area (it's certainly not intended for this, but it "cured" my eye eczema as it provided sufficient hydration for my chronically dry area there). This is a very good and super affordable product, I'll certainly be repurchasing.

on 8/8/2018 6:43:00 PM

I think the Niacinimide was initially causing some irritation when I started using it. I would have small red bumps and my skin would itch. After a few weeks that subsided and am now enjoying the product. I do get some break outs still but I believe they are hormonal and not related to the lotion. I began putting the lotion on wet skin which it has been helping to lock in water/moisture. I don't find it super hydrating so come winter I will need a heavier cream to layer on top. I love that it is fragrance free as most scents cause my skin to freak out.

on 7/16/2018 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For a product that is supposed to be non-irritating, the multiple formulation changes have been super annoying. It was a reliable, trustworthy product for my sensitive, redness-prone skin about 3-4 years ago. It felt like a lightweight cream and I had no adverse reactions at all. The first reformulation I tried was more like a gel, and broke me out. The current formulation (a third?) is somewhere between the first and the second, texture wise, but provides the least moisturizing benefits of any of them, and still breaks me out. To add insult, the newest bottle is terrible. From about the 2nd use on I was untwisting the entire top and using the pump tube to scoop out product. I'm pretty distrustful of the entire brand now, which is disappointing because of how available and affordable it is.

I loved the original version of the CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing lotion and used it night and day. It was my HG but then CeraVe changed the formula and now it breaks me out and pills under my makeup. My skin is very resistant and nothing breaks me out, I was so surprised to find out that CeraVe had changed the formula! Very disappointed and will not be repurchasing or recommending to my friends again.

on 5/17/2018 10:55:00 PM

Love it, full of great skin care ingredients, light, nice to sleep in.

on 5/12/2018 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

On my third bottle. Love this moisturizer for night time. It has ceramides which is great for your skin. I love that it’s fragrance free because my skin is a little sensitive and I get hives from a lot of random things. Its moisturizing but not very rich so may not be enough for someone with very dry skin. But works for my normal combination skin. I’m acne prone and it never caused me to break out.

on 5/5/2018 6:37:00 PM

This moisturizer is another one of my irritated skin go-to products. It isn’t something I use on a regular basis, but if I need a moisturizer that won’t irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts I know I can turn to this one!

Edit 07/23/18:

I forgot to update my review after discontinuing the use of this product. I REALLY wish it works for me. I absolutely adore the consistency, it made my skin glow, eliminated redness, and wore very well under makeup however this was causing a massive amount of closed comedones, papules, and it made my skin itch while it was on. For those reasons it wasn’t worth it.

I have oily skin and this was very, very greasy and made me breakout the first day. You may like it if you have dry skin. It does feel good on your skin. It makes your skin glow and spreads evenly and easily. Unfortunately, I have tried this two times throughout my life and it made me breakout each time so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about or why it's dermatologist recommended for acne especially being full of harmful ingredients.

on 4/10/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How have I not reviewed this yet?! I switched from Clinique DDM gel to this about 2 years ago, and it is my absolute favorite daytime moisturizer (and really, the only one I use). It's super-light, which is great for under makeup, but not so light that my normal skin doesn't feel adequately hydrated. It doesn't cause any skin problems or irritation -- in fact, I would attribute this moisturizer to helping even out my skin quite a bit! I basically can't say enough good things about it -- I've repurchased it several times, and will continue to do so. Cerave is one of the more expensive drugstore brands, but this is a quality moisturizer and I'm willing to spend a bit more.