e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by skin type : Normal
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

4.3

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

I LOVE this product. It is one of those products that when I find, I buy all of them! I cant seem to find it at stores anymore though :(
I DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AS INTENDED though. I have zero acne and pimples but I suffer terribly from under eye circles and concealers have been that one item I have 20 different versions of but can't seem to find the right one (Until recently when I sampled IT cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye *winner*).

I use this product as a loose powder to set my concealer basically and help it from caking in my eye wrinkles. It's the only product I have found that goes on almost clear and doesn't change tone when layered a bit. I have tried the Bare Minerals Veil, Too Faced Invisible Powder, which all gave me a pinkish tone or looked horribly caked when I applied over one layer (yes my wrinkles are that bad that I need more than one layer of powder.) Also, countless other set and loose powders and nothing until I tried this baby on a whim because it was on clearance about 3 years ago.

It's the only thing I use now for setting my concealer. But I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore aside from the website (which when I need it, doesn't have it). I got lucky and found 2 at Big Lots a year ago and they do last me around a year. But I hope they never discontinue this product. EVER.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I figured I should just write a damn review for this product since I keep coming back to this page.

So I bought this (among many other items) from the e.l.f. website, and I'd say it's an okay product overall. I find it doesn't really help clear up my pimples--suddenly I've been getting quite a few of them lately. I'm applying it in the morning, throughout the day, and at night but the pimple just seems to stay the same. It does conceal it a little bit but it's pretty much sheer. I wouldn't say this powder smells like a septic tank, for some reason I don't sense a gassy smell, and it doesn't smell that bad. If you're used to natural scented products you'd probably be able to handle this.

I'm going to keep using it like this, as well as apply it to my entire face, and see if I get better results.

on 8/16/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My acne was all cleared up until recently. I haven't been using my AHA 12% Souffle cream at night because I was sick. So, I ordered this blemish kit for a quick fix, and quick fix it is. I have been applying the mineral blemish treatment and my two blemishes are gone in two days. The brush that comes with the kit is excellent. I wish the brush was a little longer in length, so that it would fit in my brush container. I have been washing the brush with my face cleanser every night ~ keeping the brush clean is very important, otherwise you are putting more dirt on your face.

I love how the mineral blemish treatment covers up my flaws while it is treating them. Where was this treatment years ago when I was single with zits and having sleep overs with my dates ~ HA! I like this product and the price is right at $4.00 (50% off coupon). I will definitely buy this product again...