Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover
Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover

4.2

Cyclomethicone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isohexadecane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, CI 42090/Blue 1.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was a Lancome Bifacil user ever since my budget ran to higher end products because it was the one eye makeup remover that truly removed every last black dot of mascara. I happen to live very near the US Clarins Headquarters and am fortunate enough to shop their bi-annual warehouse sale so got the makeup remover for a song. I tried it without high expectations and was pleasantly surprised - when soaked into a cotton round and held on the closed eyelid for a moment before wiping (like the Bifacil), it's just as effective and for me, much cheaper. If you are able to get this at a better price than Lancome, def give it a shot.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Weird...I was sure I'd written a review for this terrific bi-phase eye makeup remover from Clarins but I was probably confused because I'd written one for their Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, which I also love but which isn't quite as thorough for getting off the really "tough stuff" - waterproof mascara and liner, some concealers, etc.

This is similar to Lancome's Bi-facil - looks very much the same and works very much the same. The Clarins one is considerably less expensive, however. It is gentle but thorough and my Clarins rep told me that you don't even really need to rinse it off at night - if you get all your eye makeup off, you can leave the "residue" around your eyes to provide hydration and help prevent dryness. I don't usually do this but it's nice to know that I can do this on really lazy, way too late to bed type nights. In addition to my full sized bottle, I have a sample in the world's tiniest little bottle - I think it's 10 mls or less - and it's perfect for taking in my carry on liquids bag when I travel so I keep refilling it when it's near to empty. That little amount lasts for more than a week!

on 8/17/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best eye make up remover ever. I have to wear waterproof mascara due to leaky eyes & this stuff removes that with ease. I highly recommend

on 3/3/2016 7:12:00 PM

I always go back to this one! This is simply the best most effective eye makeup remover I have found. Gets off mascara. I useally put on cotton pad and hold over eye for 10 secs then wipe away... turn over and repeat on other eye. Love it and not going to bother looking for anything else!

This remover was recommended to me by a friend of mine and does remove my mascara really well but not instantly. I put a little on a cotton pad, set the pad on my lids for about 10 to 20 seconds and then I can rub it off completely. I love it and it works... it's a little pricey but I'd repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I realized I spend so much time looking at reviews that I should actually be contributing to help out my fellow MUAers.

I got this eye makeup remover a few weeks ago after being recommended by a friend. This make-up remover is oily but it works great. My problem with past removers (Bioderma, Clinique, Simple, Neutrogena) is that my mascara was always left over. The next day I'd look like I have dark circles from it.

Clarins doesn't do that for me. This is for someone who will use another skin care product after removal. I end up using boscia cleansing oil for my foundation and then I follow up with purity cleanser, so none of the oil from the makeup remover stays on my face. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this works for it.

on 1/12/2016 6:56:00 PM

I got a small sample from Nordstrom years ago and I love the Clarin's makeup remover much more than the Lancome remover. Clarin's has a nice smell and really takes off my waterproof mascara without a hitch.

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and will continue to repurchase!

on 12/26/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'm on the fence on this one. I thought it was a great makeup remover as it did a great job removing my mascara and even my foundation, but then I purchased a gel eyeliner and it did nothing for it. I apply the eyeliner very close my lashes and I just couldn't get it out without rubbing my eyes like crazy.
If you have a gel eyeliner, I don't think that this product is for you. It just doesn't do the job in this area. However, it's really great for everything else and it doesn't irritate the eyes and the skin, so I guess it depends on your makeup routine.

Highly disapointing. Despite using a generous amount this could not even remove Charlotte Tilbury eye liner properly. The Dior eye makeup remover is miles better- it removes everything with no rubbing needed.
On the plus side, this product was very gentle and did not make my eyes water or dry out the skin around my eyes (but then neither did the Dior product).

Fantastic eye makeup remover - removes all eye makeup in one easy sweep of a cotton wool pad. No scrubbing my eyes, or irritation / redness after use. I had previously used Clarins Gentle Eye Makeup Remover as I have fairly sensitive eyes but I find this one is actually better for sensitivity. Just make sure you shake the bottle well before use.