First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.9

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

I have combination skin, and this is perfect! I love it, it's amazing. It moisturize my skin very well without feeling too heavy. Also the price is very reasonable to me, $30 for a 6oz. Definitely would repurchase this.

This product is perfect if you want a moisturizing, soothing, fast absorbing product. I tried this because I use a lot of high priced serums and I wanted a basic cream for day and night. It does the trick. I am more on the dry side of normal and though this is fine for night I prefer the sleeping cream from this line. It sinks in beautifully and I love the varying sizes. Perfect.

To Read all 260 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been a godsend and I have repurchased this in various sizes 5+ times.

I have rosacea, dry skin, plus a lovely condition that leaves me very prone to reacting to things, as well as developing true allergies. Some with this condition end up developing allergies to various manmade substances, but my body went the opposite direction and decided to declare war on nature. And to keep things interesting, it also decided to react to all artificial fragrances.

After years of using olive oil as both a face cleanser and moisturizer, I finally decided to visit my local Sephora and see if there existed a lotion I could tolerate.

The sales associate immediately led me to the FAB isle, and after a quick spot test I bought it on the spot. I use it for my face, hands, and body.

I don't recommend wearing this under makeup due to the silicone in it, but it does make the cream quite water-resistant, giving the "good stuff" longer to soak in. For this reason, it's also wonderful to put on top of a serum and/or a medicated lotion.

This is my HG moisturizer and I have no idea what I'd do if it was ever discontinued.

Bought this for $30.00 online and have been in love ever since. I have extremely dry skin year round and this has helped so much with patched of dry skin around my mouth area. It doesn't have a strong fragrance and feels very gentle and light weight on my skin. I even put this on my hands sometimes. It also helps to set my makeup and makes it stay on throughout the day

on 5/16/2016 2:42:00 PM

This cream moisturizes while leaving a matte finish. It's non-irritating, but I don't find that the small amount of colloidal oatmeal really does much in terms of making this a soothing product. If your skin is really dry, this won't be enough for it, but otherwise it's definitely a nice cream without frills (for that reason, I sometimes layer it over a product with more active ingredients - this adds moisture without containing a long list of complicated ingredients).

One of the things I like the most is that it spreads easily on the skin (I detest creams that drag across my skin - I always feel like I'm damaging my skin). This has almost a whipped texture.

I have the tube packaging and it's very practical. Great on the go.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have dry, sensitive skin. Initially, I loved this moisturizer. It's rare to find hydrating/repairing moisturizers that aren't greasy. This had a matte finish and was great for using under makeup. It was a great price.

My skin loved it the first little while. Over the months, this has destroyed my skin. I have never had it this bad before. My entire face is flaking off, red, itchy, bumpy. I have a serious crisis over here, and the only new product I've used is this.

Do not buy this!

on 5/4/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

FAB Ultra Repair Cream is one of those products that I've understood the hype on, but it never quite worked for me for some reason or another.

The first time I tried it, I found that it didn't work well with my makeup. Wearing makeup and looking well groomed is a crucial part of my job, so I decided to put it aside. Because this moisturizer is so emollient, it can wreak havoc on your foundation or other base products and make it slip away.

The second time I tried it, I found my once not-so-sensitive skin was now breaking out at record pace any time I wore this. It turns out that this product contains eucalyptus oil which can irritate skin or cause break-outs in some depending on your sensitivities.

These two experiences aside, if your skin can handle it, it is an excellent night time moisturizer based on its thick and rich texture. It is especially good in winter, particularly drier climates. It really does moisturize well and makes the skin very soft and smooth even when you wake up in the morning.

My only other real gripe with this product is that the jar forms don't come with a pump, as exposure to light/air lessens the effectiveness of some of the ingredients. There are versions of this product that come in tube or squeeze form, which is very nice if you'd like to try before committing to a larger version.

It's not something that worked for me, but that's just because of my personal body chemistry. I'd still recommend the product for others, though, maybe not those with skin sensitivity.

Pros:

- Very rich and moisturizing (especially for dry skin)
- Available in a variety of different sizes (travel and value sizes are available)
- Leaves skin smooth in the morning if used overnight
- Available at $30 for 6 oz ($5/oz; for a mid-end brand, this is fairly affordable)

Cons:

- Does not play well with makeup (not cosmetically elegant)
- Jar size does not come with a pump (renders the products less effective over time and exposes it to bacteria)
- Contains eucalyptus oil which can upset sensitive skin
- Too heavy for day time usage (for those that prefer to use one moisturizer between day and night)

on 4/20/2016 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I developed dry patches due to over cleansing with Clarisonic, after trying multiple moisturizers I went back to Sephora and was recommended this cream. My skin initially had few dry patches on my cheeks however after using this cream, my face was on fire, it felt powdery and super dry. It was an awful experience as this moisturizer made it 10x worse for me, there was nothing rich or hydrating about this cream. And it smells horrible.

on 4/13/2016 9:31:00 PM

I really did not have high expectations for this product. In general, whenever I’ve used American brand skin care in this price range, I always feel underwhelmed, lacking that “wow” factor and any benefits to the skin are nonexistent. I had received a tub of this as a hand-me-down from my sister who actually has extremely sensitive skin and couldn’t use the product due to a specific ingredient that causes allergic reactions. I had kept it in my shelf unopened for the longest time until a colleague of mine mentioned she heard this was supposed to be a less expensive dupe of La Mer cream (6 ounce tub for $30 at Ulta).

While still doubtful, I immediately opened this huge tub and tested it out. It has a very light whipped texture, almost silky to the touch. It glides on your face very smoothly & spreads easily. Using a thin layer, it will absorb relatively quickly. If you put too much on at one time, it doesn’t absorb as fast, so I would do layers if you need a bit more moisture. I try to just lightly dab my finger into the pot to pick up a very small amount for one side of my face.

I was quite surprised. This created a super soft texture to your skin – I couldn’t stop touching it! I am a major kbeauty fan and would compare this almost to the Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream, with similar hydration but slightly lighter texture. For comparison, based on those I’ve tested and if I had to choose from American brands, I would definitely pick this product over the popular Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream and Philosophy’s Renewed Hope in a Jar (refreshing & refining moisturizer).

I don’t have any irritant eczema or severe distressed skin, but I have been using this nightly along with many other products in my skincare regimen to boost hydration. I don’t feel it is hydrating enough for my dry/dehydrated skin during the extreme winters, but it’s been OK during the spring. I definitely don’t feel extremely hydrated in the morning, but I also don’t feel dry.

There is an expire date due to the product being free from parabens and the tub jar packaging, so once you break the seal, you should probably use it regularly or share with a friend.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I should have reviewed this sooner! This stuff saved my face five years ago when I was trying out some hair, skin, and nail vitamins and got some kind of horrible allergic reaction to them - a red rash mixed with some breakout type areas all over my face, especially on the bottom half. I don't know how best to describe it, but it was horrendous. It was the worst my face had ever looked. Anyway, this was around October/November. I was taking the vitamins for a solid month before I realized they were messing me up. I'd been assuming it was something topical. By the time I realized the vitamins were the culprit and stopped taking them, it was too late for my face.

Weeks, eventually months went by. I was miserable. Despite my stopping the vitamins, my face wouldn't go back to normal. I got so used to my rashy/broken out face I almost forgot what my normal face looked like. And I was supposed to go on a cruise (my first one ever!) in March. I had the tube version of this cream sitting semi-forgotten in my bathroom from a previous Sephora haul. The "medical" sounding title appealed to me, and the healing claims. Finally around February I just stopped everything and used only this. Finally, finally, I began to get my face back. It wasn't overnight, but I was presentable for the cruise with just some residual redness where the worst of it had been. I even took it on the cruise with me and just used this and sunscreen.

So thank you, First Aid Beauty. And curse you, Hair/Skin/Nail vitamins.