First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product a couple of years ago when it first came out. As someone who suffers from eczema and has flakey dry skin I was really hoping it would do wonders like the rave I've been hearing. However I was disappointed and then did not use it after I finished the jar. Fast forward a couple of years to now and I decided to give it a second chance but was unfortunately disappointed yet again. My opinion is it just sits on top of the skin as a barrier but doesn't actually do anything in terms of moisturizing. Not worth the money in my opinion. Same if not better results with cetaphil.

on 5/16/2017 11:57:00 PM

super gentle, but a bit too thick for my skin makes my face feel warm. I have combo and dehydrated skin. I use this around my cheeks but its not hydrating enough. it would be good for someone with normal to dry skin but not dehydrated. Semi Lightweight and thick creams work better for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a large tub of this at Ulta. I have super oily skin that I like to balance out by using a super thick cream at night that way in the morning I can go in with just a lightweight primer or sunscreen without being an oily mess. Dehydrated skin equals super oily skin for certain people. This does leave me greasy but doesn't clog my pores, break me out or make me red...it actually calms and soothes my skin. A little goes a super long way and since the tub is so big it will take me ages to finish this.

on 5/4/2017 12:50:00 PM

I am completely amazed at how effective this product is, especially for the price. This has been a life saver for my dry, sensitive skin. Since I have been using this twice daily (along with a very gentle cleanser), my face is smoother and more even toned, the dry patches and redness have completely gone. If you are struggling with dry and sensitive skin problems, I would definitely recommend you give this a try.

on 4/29/2017 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this stuff, with a few caveats.

For someone with oily, normal, or combination skin who needs just a tad more moisture at night, I think this makes a great facial cream. I've used it on arms and legs too, but hate to use something I shelled out $$ for on my body. That said, per ounce, the price is really reasonable for a mid-range facial moisturizer. And as someone who doesn't typically like scented products, I found this cream has a light, natural scent (all I can smell is the eucalyptus), and it fades quickly.

I think you could use it as an a.m. moisturizer as well. I have before with good results. It wore fine under makeup.

That said, I think the product is poorly named. If your skin is truly dry or dehydrated and in need of repair, this is not going to be hydrating enough. You would have to layer with some good hydrating oils and/or serums and use this as a last step, if that's the case.

Case in point: my skin felt too tight (no dry flakes or visible dryness) after I started using a mild glycolic acid toner, and this alone did not help. My skin soaked it in, but I could have reapplied it all night and not felt any better.

Conclusion: This is much too light a cream if your dry or dehydrated skin is in need of some real healing. Nice enough as an affordable mid-range night cream for skin that isn't truly thirsty.

As an esthetician, I have sampled and purchased many products . I got this moisturizer as a sample size using my points at Sephora. I really liked it! Any break outs I had, cleared up and my skin was really soft. I woke up to healthy looking, hydrated, smooth skin! I then purchased a set of mini first aid beauty products on another trip to Sephora. One of them was this moisturizer along with the coconut primer which is amazingggg, l With a few other products as well. That's when I really was hooked on this moisturizer and first aid beauty!! I ended up purchasing a full size moisturizer . I didn't know how much it was until I got home. I was curious, so I looked at the receipt and I was shocked when I saw $12.00!! It feels and looks thick until you put it on and it soaks into the skin. It feels great! Any dry skins have is gone! I even applied it to my sons dry skin! Im obsessed with this entire line!

Love this stuff! I buy the large tubs from QVC. I go through one tub every winter. It stops the itchy dry skin that we all get from the dry air in the winter. I also LOVE that it has no scent. I can use it all over and still use my Bond No 9 fragrance!

on 1/21/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not what I expected. Moisturizer wasn't bad but it didn't help my dry, parched skin. Didn't have a nice emoillent feel nor did it feel like it was providing a rich, protective layer over my skin. Felt a lot like the drugstore Vaseline lotion that comes in a huge bottle for the body for a few bucks.

I ended up using the rest as a hand moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a Oh My God!!!! First of all, I bought the travel size, the tube one, which means the packaging is perfect. Now I'm getting to the point: the repairing power of this cream is absolutely the best I have tried. My chin and face around nose got so irritated after using Estes Lauder's doublewear. I went to Sephora to return EL stuff and the BA recommended FAB cream. I tried it last night and all the redness is gone,gone,gone. FAB is my replacement to Aveeno Eczema cream which is too sticky to be used in the morning. This FAB cream is thick to look at but really feather light and absorbed so well. I didn't find it ball up with my sunscreen. Also, if you use FAB serum at the same time, the moisturizing power is even better. Definitely my 'best buy' this splurge season!
And by the way, I have acne prone combination skin

on 1/11/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't like this at all. It does nothing that it claims to do. It burns my skin and makes my face feel numb. Makes my skin dryer than ever. Never using this again! It's going in the trash.