First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 4/22/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This wears well under makeup as an everyday moisturizer but I really like it for other skin concerns, like some mild excema patches. I had sun poisoning for the first time on a recent vacation and tried hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera gel and baking soda baths (it was itchy and red and miserable) and First Aid cream gave me the most relief. It's kind of pricey compared to other good moisturizers like CeraVe cream but First Aid absorbs more quickly and is just as moisturizing but the texture is lighter, which I prefer. Besides, the minis are nice and often on sale.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good basic, non-greasy moisturizer. My DH uses this daily on his face, and I use it a couple of times a month when my face feels dry but not in need of something super intense. I also like it for dry elbows and things like that, since it is lightweight and absorbs nicely. Is it a game-changing product? No. But if you have normal skin, this could be a good workhorse in your routine.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Made my face feel strangely tingly and broke me out in small papules. It didn't even seem to moisturize that effectively. The texture is very thick so I think it's just too suffocating for use on the face. It is advertised for face and body, so maybe it might work out better as a body cream. I wouldn't know, since now whenever I receive a sample of this I toss it out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Funny story, I was in Sephora and asked one of the SA’s for a sample of a completely different product. She brought me this a few minutes later and I didn’t think to look at the label on the bag until it was too late and I was already home. Oh well, I decided to give it a try and it was a pleasant surprise. This has a light, almost fluffy texture and spreads so quickly on the skin. The sample was generous, i.e. filled the container entirely so I tried it out on my son’s eczema which has been flaring up lately on his arms and upper legs. He said it felt really nice, almost cool when going on and very soft when I was rubbing it in. Many other creams we have used on his dry patches have been thick and hard to spread, almost tugging on his already irritated skin. I’m not sure if this is enough of a reason to purchase it especially since there are a lot of very negative reviews on it.

on 3/22/2018 3:05:00 PM

I bought this for my hands, which are red and dry and crack in the winter. They are also sensitive to hand creams, which have a tendency to make them more red.

The Ultra Repair cream made my hands bright red and I didn't find this very moisturizing.

on 3/18/2018 8:07:00 PM

I bought this as I have extremely dry skin and eczema. This did not help one bit. My skin soaked it up, thought all was well, then one minute later my dry flakes are back. Was not impressed, and it is pricey.

I wish I could give this a zero but it is not an option. I got this because of the K Light's recommendation. I don't know if she got money for it or not. (I also unsubscribed her because of her racist comments.) I highly regret buying this. It caused itchiness, clogged pore and red spot on my skin. My skin is actually sensitive to it. Whenever I use it, my skin stings. I still don't want to waist it. I now use it as a topper for eye cream and it actually helped with my eye lash growth. But I will never buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like the texture of this moisturizer and the amount of product you get for the money, but this did such strange things to my skin. Every time I use it, my face feels soft to the touch the next day, but it looks very congested and I have even more blackheads than usual in places where I don't usually get blackheads. My pores just look very clogged and my skin looks so dull, yet it feels so soft when I touch it. Very strange. With continued use I think this would make me break out. But at the same time, I think this helped bring down redness and irritation a lot for me, on actual zits. But it made me look dull overall. It also didn't cause much of a reaction in my very sensitive skin, well except for a slight itchy sensation, which I ignored, but hmm... probably shouldn't ignore lol. Anyway this stuff is really weird and I wouldn't try it again.

To start, I have combination skin, more so on the oily side. It is currently Winter in Canada, so the weather has been harsh and my skin has definitely been more dry.

I have really tried to love this product because you get so much for a good price.. however, this moisturizer left me with super dehydrated, swollen, itchy, red patches of skin on my cheeks.

I first tried this cream last Winter and experienced what I described above. I suspected that it was the cream because when I put it on, it would burn my cheeks but I was really hoping it wasn't! I blamed my new work environment and my foundation. I stopped using the cream too but I didn't see my skin getting too much better even swapping out my cream.

I tried it again this Winter. Bad mistake! I had the same reaction. This second time around, I finally accepted that it was the cream and immediately switched it out for another cream and my skin is back to being smooth!

I will just use this on my body as I don't get a reaction that way.

This stuff is really good. It has colloidal oatmeal in it and wow. My skin has improved greatly in the few weeks I've been using it. This past week, I've started mixing 3 drops of my favorite facial oil in with it too at night and the next morning my face feels amazing. Between this and the glycolic acid toner that I use, I feel like my face looks much more radiant and soft. I don't know if I will continue to use it during the summer though because it's really thick. But it's great for dry winter skin.