First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like the texture of this moisturizer and the amount of product you get for the money, but this did such strange things to my skin. Every time I use it, my face feels soft to the touch the next day, but it looks very congested and I have even more blackheads than usual in places where I don't usually get blackheads. My pores just look very clogged and my skin looks so dull, yet it feels so soft when I touch it. Very strange. With continued use I think this would make me break out. But at the same time, I think this helped bring down redness and irritation a lot for me, on actual zits. But it made me look dull overall. It also didn't cause much of a reaction in my very sensitive skin, well except for a slight itchy sensation, which I ignored, but hmm... probably shouldn't ignore lol. Anyway this stuff is really weird and I wouldn't try it again.

To start, I have combination skin, more so on the oily side. It is currently Winter in Canada, so the weather has been harsh and my skin has definitely been more dry.

I have really tried to love this product because you get so much for a good price.. however, this moisturizer left me with super dehydrated, swollen, itchy, red patches of skin on my cheeks.

I first tried this cream last Winter and experienced what I described above. I suspected that it was the cream because when I put it on, it would burn my cheeks but I was really hoping it wasn't! I blamed my new work environment and my foundation. I stopped using the cream too but I didn't see my skin getting too much better even swapping out my cream.

I tried it again this Winter. Bad mistake! I had the same reaction. This second time around, I finally accepted that it was the cream and immediately switched it out for another cream and my skin is back to being smooth!

I will just use this on my body as I don't get a reaction that way.

This stuff is really good. It has colloidal oatmeal in it and wow. My skin has improved greatly in the few weeks I've been using it. This past week, I've started mixing 3 drops of my favorite facial oil in with it too at night and the next morning my face feels amazing. Between this and the glycolic acid toner that I use, I feel like my face looks much more radiant and soft. I don't know if I will continue to use it during the summer though because it's really thick. But it's great for dry winter skin.

on 2/4/2018 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought a giant tub of this at Sephora before Christmas because it was such a good deal and it sounded like it would be good for my rosacea-prone skin. While it's a pretty good moisturizer, it's not amazing. I like the clean, medicinal smell and I LOVE the whipped texture that sinks into your skin effortlessly. What I dislike about this is that it's actually not that moisturizing. The texture feels like it would be, but the feeling just doesn't lasts long and my skin feels parched in no time at all. Second, something in this makes my facial skin ITCH like crazy! I will definitely use up the remainder, which is probably going to take a year, but I will not likely repurchase.

on 1/9/2018 1:15:00 AM

This is by FAR my HG moisterizer!!! This stuff is sooooo amazing. For me it was really difficult to find a moisterizer that didn't break me out or made me extremely oily, and this moisterizer did not let me down. It does the job and leaves my skin feeling smooth without breaking me out! It also lasts me FOREVER. A little goes a long way and I have had this jar for about 6 months, using it EVERYDAY, and I've only gone threw half of it!! Though it may seem on the pricier side, it's really a bang for your buck with how long it lasts!!

on 1/9/2018 1:09:00 AM

I first bought bought this moisturizer a few years ago in Las Vegas. I’m from Texas its very humid there so the desert climate dries my skin out SO bad. This was a life saver! So thick and felt so good on my skin. Now it’s all I use! Love it!

on 1/9/2018 12:50:00 AM

My skin: Acne-prone, Sensitive, Hormonal acne along jawline, oily/combo

YES! finally my first ever HG moisturizer.

I'm constantly trying new products because I find it rare for something to actually work with my skin..

I actually first bought this for my cousin when I went to Korea in October 2017. She wanted a winter moisturizer from the states, so i looked up the top ones with the best reviews and came to choose this one. She said she really liked it and so I got more interested to see if it would work with my skin. I checked makeupalley, sephora, amazon, etc and reviews seemed really good for acne prone skin/sensitive skin so I thought I'd give it a try. I initially was hesistant because I have oily skin and thought that the moisturizer claiming "ultra moisturizing" would just make my face an oily mess and contribute to more acne...I would've never thought that a product catered to ultra/intense moisture for the skin would actually be exactly what my skin needed to balance itself out and not contribute to more acne, I am so glad I decided to give it a try! ^_^

I will say one "warning" is that I did notice some stinging when I first used this (probably exfoliated prior)..and at times when I do exfoliate prior to moisturizing with this, I will get some slight tingling feeling but it does subsides and becomes calming after several minutes and honestly does not bother me much because of the fact that continued use of this moisturizer does not make me break out!!

NOTE: I have also started to use a korean cleansing oil at night followed by La Roche Posay Purifying Cleanser (morning and night) in conjunction with this moisturizer, which could be factors towards my skin being the clearest it's ever been in a very long time. I would also highly suggest trying the cleanser by La Roche Posay as well!

on 1/8/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros:
- Very moisturizing
- A little goes a long way

Cons:
- The unscented version still has a slight smell to it and I personally didn't like it
- Expensive
- Tub packaging isn't hygienic

It's the kind of product that I wouldn't go out and get myself, but I'd definitely use it up if I received it.

on 12/28/2017 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this moisturizer. It feels amazing on my eczema and my skin just drinks this up. It's a thick cream, but it spreads really nicely and absorbs surprisingly quickly on my dry skin. I've never had sensitive skin but I started using actives in my skincare routine this past year and when I was gauging my way through irritations and dermatitis, this was the only moisturizer I had that I trust to calm my skin down and not irritate it any further. This is also the only cream I've ever used that works well for both my face and my body. I will say that I still use a facial oil over this at night in the winter for added moisture, so this is not an all-in-one-and-done product for me during this time of year. But I still have no complaints as I dont think any moisturizer can replace my facial oils. They just serve two different functions for me. Although I do wish it came in different packaging as I find tubs a little unsanitary.

It's unscented (at least the original version) and cruelty free. It is pricey at $37 CAD for a 6oz jar but Sephora always has these on their samples list so check it out next time you see it. FAB also comes out with lots of sets (especially around the holidays) where you can hunt for a better value overall if the price tag just seems too high for the one product.

I've already repurchased and would highly recommend for dry or eczema skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was an okay product. I switched over from Cerave PM for the winter because I was looking for a heavier, more hydrating cream. However, the eucalyptus fragrance irritated me. Moreover, the cream did not seem to sink into my skin and left a greasy feeling afterwards. Overall, I was not impressed and will not repurchase. I am switching back to Cerave PM...I think my skin misses the ceramides!