First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 10/6/2017 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have combination skin which makes finding a decent moisturizing tough. The dry patches are really dry which makes my skin over compensate for the dryness. Nothing has worked; the moisturizers I’ve used seems to just sit on the top layer. I also stopped wearing foundation because the dry skin just soaked up the foundation making my skin uneven. I decided to try one of my sister’s creams and did what she said which is to layer it on top of the serum before bed. I’m hooked! It actually helped the serum absorb and I didn’t have dry patches left. Not the fan of the tub but the travel size squeeze tube is the most hygienic packaging. I wish they’d put it into a pump like the 5-in-1 moisturizer that they have.

on 9/12/2017 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a solid moisturizer for people who like a thick cream. It's not so thick that it doesn't spread. The consistency is pleasant. It is pretty neutral so I imagine it is hard to hate. If you like products that smell and feel neutral and non-irritating, aren't expensive but are thick, then I imagine you might like this. I believe there are lots of products that are probably comparable but they're not cruelty-free.

I really like it although I don't love it but that's likely because it's intended for people with much more serious skin issues than I probably have, hence me still giving it 5 lippes. I find it a bit too thick and like it doesn't absorb but that makes sense given that it's advertised as beneficial for those who suffer from severe skin sensitivities and eczema. It doesn''t really absorb entirely into my relatively normal skin and I find it hard to apply only a small amount, so I stopped using this on my face and use it on my neck and chest which is nice.

If I got a facial treatment that required some serious skin care afterward I would probably go for an oil but if I had to choose a cream I might go back to First Aid Beauty, not sure. I probably wouldn't repurchase as a body cream.

Personally I wish it didn't contain eucalyptus because I find it smells harsh or medicinal (although it is very subtle in the product). Other than that though it definitely smells like there is no added fragrance which I really appreciate.

FYI I really like Josie Maran Cosmetics Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter which I've reviewed. It doesn't perform miracles but feels luxurious and like the right consistency/thickness for my skin but it's more expensive than First Aid. Also, I recently got a sample of Omorovicza's Rejuvenating Night Cream and I found that to be more pleasant for my skin in terms of how it spread and the way it absorbed. But I just realized that the same amount that you get from First Aid's Ultra Repair Cream for 10 USD, you pay 170 USD for Omorovicza's cream!! It makes me appreciate First Aid Beauty much more, even if it's not the right fit for my skin.

on 9/12/2017 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Big fan of this stuff. I have crusty patches that have never responded significantly to anything. I got it on a screamin' special and decided to try it because it contains colloidal oatmeal that has seemed to help some in the past. I was worried what it would smell like since the other national oatmeal brand makes me gag. No strong smell at all... relief. And my skin LOVES it. I use it twice a day and my crusty patches are much improved. I will keep buying it as long as I can find it at less than retail. I have since bought 3 other scents (Grapefruit, Honeysuckle and Eucalyptus Mint) and I really like them all.

on 7/30/2017 8:35:00 PM

My skin type is very dry and not prone to acne. This did not break me out but it wreaked havoc on my skin.

It didn't sink in very well and once it had, my skin felt dry again in an hour. It left a white cast.

The worst is that my cheeks started to appear red and the skin was even more broken looking after using this exclusively for a few days. My skin looked and felt like i had windburn or something to that effect.

A friend pointed out that the eucalyptus oil could be a potential irritant for me. I'm sad because i actually really liked the cream at first (felt heavy and substantial, i weirdly like the medicinal eucalyptus smell) but it was making my skin look and feel worse.

If you know you don't have an issue with eucalyptus oil or other essential oils on your face, this might work for you but i'd probably just pass on this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm definitely very sensitive to something in the product. I'm not sure what ingredient exactly but after reading the other reviews I believe that it might be the eucalyptus. Anyway, this product stung my face almost immediately. I slept with it on overnight and I woke up to very red dry skin on my face that was irritated. This cream was definitely anything but hydrating. I have used the Ultra Repair lotion before and though that wasn't great either at least it didn't cause me inflammation and it actually moisturized my face. I'd recommend testing this product on a little section of your skin if you're still looking at buying it so that you can see how you will react to it.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm currently on my second tube. Didn't break me out so I continue to use it. The only down side of this product is the eucalyptus scent. It's like putting eucalyptus oil on your face lol but so far I love this cream. It's good for my dry sensitive break out prone skin & comes in a tube packaging which I really appreciated (the 2oz one). It does a good job of moisturizing the skin. But it's not a 'WOW' product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product a couple of years ago when it first came out. As someone who suffers from eczema and has flakey dry skin I was really hoping it would do wonders like the rave I've been hearing. However I was disappointed and then did not use it after I finished the jar. Fast forward a couple of years to now and I decided to give it a second chance but was unfortunately disappointed yet again. My opinion is it just sits on top of the skin as a barrier but doesn't actually do anything in terms of moisturizing. Not worth the money in my opinion. Same if not better results with cetaphil.

on 5/4/2017 12:50:00 PM

I am completely amazed at how effective this product is, especially for the price. This has been a life saver for my dry, sensitive skin. Since I have been using this twice daily (along with a very gentle cleanser), my face is smoother and more even toned, the dry patches and redness have completely gone. If you are struggling with dry and sensitive skin problems, I would definitely recommend you give this a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a large tub of this at Ulta. I have super oily skin that I like to balance out by using a super thick cream at night that way in the morning I can go in with just a lightweight primer or sunscreen without being an oily mess. Dehydrated skin equals super oily skin for certain people. This does leave me greasy but doesn't clog my pores, break me out or make me red...it actually calms and soothes my skin. A little goes a super long way and since the tub is so big it will take me ages to finish this.

on 5/16/2017 11:57:00 PM

super gentle, but a bit too thick for my skin makes my face feel warm. I have combo and dehydrated skin. I use this around my cheeks but its not hydrating enough. it would be good for someone with normal to dry skin but not dehydrated. Semi Lightweight and thick creams work better for me.