First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 12/24/2018 6:00:00 AM

This is one of those products that is so "un-fancy" and kind of boring to use, yet it works miracles. At least for me it has has! I bought the big jar from Sephora on Black Friday, so I got the $42 size for only $15. When I tried it for the first few nights, I really didn't expect much. It just seemed like another thick cream, kind of like Cerave cream, which might be more moisturizing, but wouldn't do much else. This one is different. I always get flakiness in the fall and winter. I use Retin-A, and as soon as heating season begins, my skin starts to flake and then my makeup looks like crap every day. This absolutely stops that. If I use this every night, I get zero flaking. My skin stays very well moisturized throughout the night. If I skip a night to use one of my other moisturizers, I get the flakes again. I am really impressed. I haven't tried it under makeup yet, but as we get close to January and the subzero weather that comes with it, I probably will try that and see how that goes. I will repurchase this for sure.

on 12/15/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

From what I understand, the FAB Ultra Repair Cream enjoys something of a cult product status. I kind of get it, but also kind of don’t.

My first impression of this was pretty awesome. It has a creamy texture and looks white when first applied, but that disappears as it’s quickly absorbed by the skin. I don’t know how to describe the scent, but it doesn’t seem to have any fragrance, which is a plus in my book. Most importantly, it made my skin feel SO SMOOTH.

Some background: I’m 32 with dry/very dry skin, very prone to dehydration, somewhat sensitive. Also gone through two pregnancies, which messes with your hormones, which in turn can affect skin (maybe moms out there can relate). Lots of dry texture, especially on the forehead, and enlarged pores on the nose (I blame that on the dehydration).

So, with all of that going on, even with a decent skincare routine, products that leave a soft, smooth, non-greasy feel to the skin is something I rarely get to enjoy.

However, this stung. Like a subtle but definitely unpleasant tingling feeling. It didn’t last, so I went about my night with my soft face, thinking maybe it was a one-time-thing, that maybe my skin was sensitised or it was a reaction with something else I had used (I rotate actives, such as retinol and a couple chemical exfoliants). But everytime I used this, it kept stinging, regardless what (if any) other products were used before or after.

I can’t work out if it’s the sodium hydroxide or the eucalyptus (both known to potentially irritate skin) in it, I didn’t think there was so much of either of those in the Ultra Repair Cream that it would cause major problems, but still, it’s been left on my bathroom shelf, abandoned. I’m a little sad about it because man, I loved that smoothing feel.

Maybe this is tolerable for people with less sensitive skin. If the sensitising ingredients don’t bother your skin in any way, I’m happy for you - this is probably a nice moisturizer for you. For me, the irritants were sufficient to cause... something. Maybe I can use it on my hands or body, but I have other favorites for that.

So, I wouldn’t recommend this. If you love it, great, but I avoid anything that makes my skin sting or tingle when it’s not supposed to.

on 11/22/2018 5:43:00 AM

I usually have dry skin, and this cream offers intense repair and hydrates my skin so well! Its thick texture is really great for winter times, and I use it as a combination of this winter skin care routine I follow:

Its nourishing content makes my skin so soft and pampering and I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

on 11/18/2018 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this in a bundle and I really like it. The cream hydrates my skin without being greasy. There is a light scent but it dissipates immediately. It doesn't break me out at all and has made my skin smoother.

on 11/9/2018 12:25:00 PM

I'm always looking for a moisturizer that quenches my combo dry/oily skin that's prone to breakouts. This one seemed like a good value and had some promising ingredients. On the plus side, it didn't break me out. I tested it during a time when my skin wasn't even experiencing much dryness, and it seemed to actually make it dry! The medicinal scent was a turnoff too, though I suspect I wouldn't have minded if it delivered in terms of moisture.

on 11/9/2018 11:44:00 AM

Honestly, the really positive ratings surprise me. I found that the cream really did not do much for my face asides from giving me whiteheads. Before switching to this cream my skin was in a really great place and I would rarely get acne. I feel as though this clogged my pores. The texture is very thick and creamy. I think I will switch to using it as a body cream. I have been using it for about two months.

on 11/5/2018 2:06:00 AM

I live in an extremely dry climate. During summer I use this only at night but in winter I also use it during the day. My skin is somewhat sensitive & I find this cream goes on easy, absorbs well & doesn’t clog my pores! I would purchase again.

This cream is really overpriced for what it is. I first tried using it as a facial moisturizer, but the essential oils in it burned the hell out of my skin. I used up the rest of it as a body cream and it was just so-so. Certainly not worth the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Just an average moisturiser. Don’t like it’s creamy texture tho

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I feel like I've wasted an absurd amount of time and $ experimenting with moisturizers for my sensitive, oily, dehydration and clog-prone skin. They cause blackheads, whiteheads and other uglies, irritate my skin, sit on top of my skin, are too greasy, fail to hydrate effectively, etc., etc. There's always a deal breaker. Or two or five.

Some of the ingredients in this cream gave me pause. My face doesn't normally get along with silicones, shea butter, or essential oils. But I have the kind of skin that is upset by a gentle breeze, so I desperately needed to find something soothing and hydrating.

Enter FAB Ultra Repair Cream! I would describe it as a dry moisturizer. There's no grease whatsoever, it sinks in immediately. I really put it to the test the other day after experimenting with a new cleansing oil- that stripped my skin of every last drop of moisture. My face was a burning, red, leathery nightmare. (To add insult to injury, the cleansing oil proclaimed it was "mild", designed for "sensitive skin". Sorry, but you only *think* you know what sensitive skin is, Etude House.)

This cream absolutely surpassed my expectations. It was instantly soothing, absorbed like a dream, my skin actually felt soft. With continued use my skin is looking better and better. It's starting to resemble healthy skin again! As far as I can tell, the cream hasn't caused any clogs or acne. *knock on wood*