First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 1/11/2017 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't like this at all. It does nothing that it claims to do. It burns my skin and makes my face feel numb. Makes my skin dryer than ever. Never using this again! It's going in the trash.

on 12/11/2016 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So disappointed in this stuff. The name itself ("First Aid Beauty"), the "no frills" packaging and the claims of intense hydration might lead one to believe that this was a simple, rich and intensely hydrating cream good for all skin types. Well, it might be good for all skin types but it certainly isn't all that hydrating. In my experience, it's barely hydrating at all. I've only ever had this cream as freebies or points perks from Sephora and generally gave these to my son in law, who has sensitive skin and often has dry, chapped hands. But I got a 1 ounce tube as a points perk last week and decided to try it at night (figuring it might be too heavy and rich for day-time). I applied a reasonable amount and was rather shocked that my skin didn't feel hydrated at all so I slathered on a bit more to no real effect. In the morning, my skin looked parched and almost "fragile". I tried it in the day, both on its own (though I'd rarely do this because I always wear sunscreen) and under my IT CC cream and, again, disappointing. I thought if nothing else (no miracle claims about anti-aging or fighting the effects of the environment and stress and all that other fluff) it would at least be HYDRATING. It might be fine for humid summertime as a night cream but, really, this is a very sub-par product. About the only good thing I can think of to say is that this comes in both tubes and jars and in several sizes so those who do love it have the option of their preferred packaging and also of purchasing value sizes.

on 12/11/2016 3:56:00 PM

Got this in a sample packet, thought it was a face lotion (they say it can be used on body and face), and was mightily turned off by its smell, which is sort of musty, almost mildewy. This is a total deal-breaker for me, so I don't even care how well it works.

(One note on pricing: if you're using it solely as a face cream, it's cheap as hell. On the other hand, if it's for hand/body, it's kind of pricey.)

on 12/2/2016 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As someone who has "dry parched skin", I am rather disappointed because this cream did diddly-squat for my skin. I tried using it in both summer and winter, with no benefits in sight. I am sure that for someone who has normal skin this cream would be a better option than it is for me, but perhaps for those who have seriously dehydrated skin: Avoid.

Since it's not doing anything for my face, I have been using it on my neck and chest (waste not and all that). Even here it doesn't do much - when I compare it to the rest of my body (where I use a derma e body lotion), the skin feels much softer than on my neck and chest, which one wouldn't expect. Thankfully I bought a small travel-size tube of Ultra Repair, and so will finish it soon and forget all about it!

on 11/27/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

(Like in Bohemian Rhapsody) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! GRRR

I am a frequent hand washer and with the horrible soap at my work and the harsh winters of Utah, my hands and body get really bad. My holy grail lotion was the Cetaphil body lotion, but since I've become allergic to tree nuts, the macadamia oil broke out my skin and gave me rashes. Ever since I've been looking for a replacement.

I've tried everything at the grocery store to no avail. The closest I've had is the Palmer's cocoa butter lotion but I feel kind it only gets me maybe 2/3 of the way there. Just enough to get me by, but barely enough to keep up. I decided to the another approach and try to do something more high end, so I ordered this.

The first time I tried this, my hands stung- the kind you feel when your hands have been so dry. I was very impressed so I used it on the rest of my body and face. It has done nothing but bad for me. My skin is much dryer than ever before, my hands turning bright red from being dried out and my face peeling. This has happened once meow with Eucerin last winter and it took a while to repair my skin. I wonder if there's a common ingredient I can't tolerate.

The interesting thing about this cream is that it's liquefied enough that I'd call it more like a lotion. If it worked, I'd be fine, but just thought it was interesting. It also seems to absorb well and quickly.

I wish so bad this worked for me. Back to the drawing board.

on 11/11/2016 4:07:00 PM

LOVE. This is a cruelty-free moisturiser without fragrance or parabens, great for winter skin for face or body. I've already bought two tubes. The texture is thick but light and fluffy. It absorbs well into my combination but dehydrated facial skin, and absorbs quickly into the skin on my dry hands. It leaves a nice, satin, non-greasy finish.

on 11/6/2016 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is very thick hydrating cream that seems to help with some redness, and itching of my dry skin as winter approaches

Pros
1. Helps with redness and itching. -- REALLY helped with dry skin itch

2. It is thick so easy to apply

3. I like the oatmeal blend.

4. I read Eucalyptus Oil Global is for skin irritation and an anti bacterial agent.

I have no idea why beauty pediarates Eualyptus Oil and this product so low

Starting to not like Beautypedia as have bought too many of their high rated products only to waste my money and products I like get bad ratings

CONS

1. Price

I have used 3 oz of a 6 oz tube in a week

2. Tub packaging it is messy and gets contaminated quickly. A tube would be much better though with how fast I use it doubt it really matters

3. Pills up if you use under make up. A night time treatment only or body only

4. I add more "stuff" to make this what I need hyaluronic acid and oils, so it is not a complete cream

I may use up what I have and buy a drugstore cream. Some have similar ingredients that can be mixed with my oils and hyaluronic acid serum

Will continue to use and order until I find something better .......am always looking

Twice daily application of this cream turned my 8 year old's dried out and cracked hands into baby skin in about 2 weeks. We will continue to use it everyday until summer rolls around again.
I like that it doesn't have a strong scent and it doesn't leave my skin feeling as coated as when I use Aveeno lotion. We have tubes of this scattered around the house and I keep one at work. I will be stocking up during the Sephora sale in a few weeks!

on 11/1/2016 12:57:00 PM

Came across to buy this product because of the hype but it turned out to be a total disappointment. I have combination skin and have been searching for the best moisturizer for a few months now. I came across this product on the internet and decided I'd give it a try. I scooped up a small amount of it on the back of my hand at Sephora and it was the smoothest feeling and I was just, "uhm, sold!"
So I started switching this from my old Kiehl's Oil-free gel cream and for the weirdest reasons, my face started breaking out. Like real badly, my face was itching and irritating. I felt my face was more texturized than normal. I was on the fence what was causing it since I changed up my facial cleanser as well. Then I started testing out and stop using the moisturizer and now thankfully my face is back to normal. The breakouts are more controlled.
Would never purchase this again.

on 10/18/2016 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this to use as my daily moisturizer. My skin is dry but not so sensitive. After using this for few days, my skin started to break out really badly and my skin usually doesn't do that. Luckly, it didn't take much for me to figure out what was causing it so it ended up in a trash can.