First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 6/14/2018 7:12:00 PM

its a moisturiser. Its a lightweight moisturiser. It moisturises. Is it worth the price tag? eh, honestly i didn't notice any differences between it and any other generic moisturising cream. Its not overly fragranced, its not overly heavy (so if your skin is very dry it probably won't do a lot), its not overly lightweight. Its just a run of the mill generic moisturising cream same as any other moisturising cream that you can buy for a fraction of the price. Save your money. Buy a generic.

on 5/15/2018 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried this out on about 3 separate occasions I just don't understand the hype. When I put it on, whether I slather a thick layer or I gently pat a pea sized amount over a damp face, it doesn't feel moisturizing at all. It feels as though part of it disappears all together, and the rest sits on top of my face in a dry way that makes my face feel more dehydrated (kind of like a product that is overly mattifying). My skin doesn't feel hydrated or moisturized or soothed, just a little bit tight. Each time I try it I end up going back to whatever else I've been using after a couple of days because it truly feels like nothing is happening for my skin. I'd rather use something that isn't hydrating enough than FAB ultra repair cream, which is like 90 seconds of hydrating relief followed by absolutely nothing and then that weird slightly tight drying feeling.

I wish I could be on board w this product, and I think the price point is really great. It just does less than nothing for me. I've never tried a moisturizing/hydrating product before that does as little as this does for me.

I have very dry and sensitive skin and I feel like I've used every moisturizer, the super expensive ones, drugstore ones, all of them. Then I found this one at sephora and I use it every day, sometimes with an oil for my face but often without. It's so gentle, it's not super thick and it keeps my skin nice and moisturizer all year around. I don't believe it has spf in it, so that would be a bonus if it did! The packaging is also pretty basic, nothing fancy but a generally great moisturizer!

on 5/2/2018 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Gentle, not greasy, and you can usually get a pretty good deal on it at at least one store at any given time, but it's pretty mediocre when it comes to moisturizing. I would use it up if it came in a value set or a GWP, but I won't bother repurchasing.

on 4/22/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This wears well under makeup as an everyday moisturizer but I really like it for other skin concerns, like some mild excema patches. I had sun poisoning for the first time on a recent vacation and tried hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera gel and baking soda baths (it was itchy and red and miserable) and First Aid cream gave me the most relief. It's kind of pricey compared to other good moisturizers like CeraVe cream but First Aid absorbs more quickly and is just as moisturizing but the texture is lighter, which I prefer. Besides, the minis are nice and often on sale.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good basic, non-greasy moisturizer. My DH uses this daily on his face, and I use it a couple of times a month when my face feels dry but not in need of something super intense. I also like it for dry elbows and things like that, since it is lightweight and absorbs nicely. Is it a game-changing product? No. But if you have normal skin, this could be a good workhorse in your routine.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Made my face feel strangely tingly and broke me out in small papules. It didn't even seem to moisturize that effectively. The texture is very thick so I think it's just too suffocating for use on the face. It is advertised for face and body, so maybe it might work out better as a body cream. I wouldn't know, since now whenever I receive a sample of this I toss it out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Funny story, I was in Sephora and asked one of the SA’s for a sample of a completely different product. She brought me this a few minutes later and I didn’t think to look at the label on the bag until it was too late and I was already home. Oh well, I decided to give it a try and it was a pleasant surprise. This has a light, almost fluffy texture and spreads so quickly on the skin. The sample was generous, i.e. filled the container entirely so I tried it out on my son’s eczema which has been flaring up lately on his arms and upper legs. He said it felt really nice, almost cool when going on and very soft when I was rubbing it in. Many other creams we have used on his dry patches have been thick and hard to spread, almost tugging on his already irritated skin. I’m not sure if this is enough of a reason to purchase it especially since there are a lot of very negative reviews on it.

on 3/22/2018 3:05:00 PM

I bought this for my hands, which are red and dry and crack in the winter. They are also sensitive to hand creams, which have a tendency to make them more red.

The Ultra Repair cream made my hands bright red and I didn't find this very moisturizing.

on 3/18/2018 8:07:00 PM

I bought this as I have extremely dry skin and eczema. This did not help one bit. My skin soaked it up, thought all was well, then one minute later my dry flakes are back. Was not impressed, and it is pricey.