First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 11/12/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this last winter looking for a nice neutral cream to use in between retinol and AHA days. It is thick, but sinks in really well. I use it as a night cream and on my neck and hands. I love the texture and feel like it really replenishes my skin so it is more resilient in the cold weather. I just ordered a big new tub for this year!

on 11/10/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is really thick and pricey. I feel Vaseline does a better job for dry skin.

on 11/8/2017 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Bf has ezcema and it works really well for him. He loves it.

Edit- started using this due to hormonal breakouts from pregnancy and i am loving it also. Its creamy but absorbes into the skin nicely. It doesn't clog pores and no smell. It feels great on the skin. Good for winter and under powder makeup. I used to use ponds b clarant 3 for oily skin in summer but its been a bit drying for now and seems to not work as well as this. this can get a bit greasy in my tzone but nothing too crazy and its just my natural oils since this is not oil controlling.

Edit- my forehead has cleared of all the little bumps/under the skin acne. Skin has calmed down after using this and the cleanser. Im just kinda oily but i have oily and combo skin so im greasy no matter what. I do feel like this contributes to clearing up my skin since its so gentle it doesnt aggrevate my pimples/cause new ones. Its aimed towards sensitive skin and boy is my skin different as i age and hormonal changes. This is great to fall back on if i ever venture out to try new products and if my skin dont agree with them ill always come back to this !

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this and I really wanted to love it. But there is some ingredient in this that made my whole face itch like it was rubbed with poison ivy. I had to take it off within minutes. Its funny because I don't consider myself someone with sensitive skin. Oh well, I'm glad I only got a sample of this before I purchased it.

on 10/26/2017 11:46:00 AM

I got this in the Vanilla Citron as part of a promotion/sale, but I was curious to see how FAB does scented lotion. I like citrus and I like vanilla, so I was hopeful, but it didn't sound super appealing either.

I was surprised, though. First off, the scent is faint, but still there, but it smells a bit like an orange creamsicle, but subtle. I quite enjoy it.

The lotion, however, is really nice. It feels rich when you scoop a bit out and rub it in, but it soaks in nicely. It doesn't leave my skin feeling heavy or coated (so far I mostly use it on my hands and arms) but they do feel moisturized. It lasts a decent while, too, and my hands and arms feel much softer.

I expected this to be a product I'd be "meh" about or even one that I'd give away, but I really like this. It's a bit high in price, but considering it's a product I actually look forward to using, I'd say it's a good investment for me.

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 AM

I wanted to love this. I have typical dry, sensitive and fair skin. This goes on like a dream and really moisturizes nicely. That being said it caused my typically clear (aside from the occasional hormonal breakout on my chin) skin to break out all over my face with tiny little white heads. Great on my hands and elbows though!

on 9/12/2017 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Big fan of this stuff. I have crusty patches that have never responded significantly to anything. I got it on a screamin' special and decided to try it because it contains colloidal oatmeal that has seemed to help some in the past. I was worried what it would smell like since the other national oatmeal brand makes me gag. No strong smell at all... relief. And my skin LOVES it. I use it twice a day and my crusty patches are much improved. I will keep buying it as long as I can find it at less than retail. I have since bought 3 other scents (Grapefruit, Honeysuckle and Eucalyptus Mint) and I really like them all.

on 10/6/2017 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have combination skin which makes finding a decent moisturizing tough. The dry patches are really dry which makes my skin over compensate for the dryness. Nothing has worked; the moisturizers I’ve used seems to just sit on the top layer. I also stopped wearing foundation because the dry skin just soaked up the foundation making my skin uneven. I decided to try one of my sister’s creams and did what she said which is to layer it on top of the serum before bed. I’m hooked! It actually helped the serum absorb and I didn’t have dry patches left. Not the fan of the tub but the travel size squeeze tube is the most hygienic packaging. I wish they’d put it into a pump like the 5-in-1 moisturizer that they have.

on 9/12/2017 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a solid moisturizer for people who like a thick cream. It's not so thick that it doesn't spread. The consistency is pleasant. It is pretty neutral so I imagine it is hard to hate. If you like products that smell and feel neutral and non-irritating, aren't expensive but are thick, then I imagine you might like this. I believe there are lots of products that are probably comparable but they're not cruelty-free.

I really like it although I don't love it but that's likely because it's intended for people with much more serious skin issues than I probably have, hence me still giving it 5 lippes. I find it a bit too thick and like it doesn't absorb but that makes sense given that it's advertised as beneficial for those who suffer from severe skin sensitivities and eczema. It doesn''t really absorb entirely into my relatively normal skin and I find it hard to apply only a small amount, so I stopped using this on my face and use it on my neck and chest which is nice.

If I got a facial treatment that required some serious skin care afterward I would probably go for an oil but if I had to choose a cream I might go back to First Aid Beauty, not sure. I probably wouldn't repurchase as a body cream.

Personally I wish it didn't contain eucalyptus because I find it smells harsh or medicinal (although it is very subtle in the product). Other than that though it definitely smells like there is no added fragrance which I really appreciate.

FYI I really like Josie Maran Cosmetics Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter which I've reviewed. It doesn't perform miracles but feels luxurious and like the right consistency/thickness for my skin but it's more expensive than First Aid. Also, I recently got a sample of Omorovicza's Rejuvenating Night Cream and I found that to be more pleasant for my skin in terms of how it spread and the way it absorbed. But I just realized that the same amount that you get from First Aid's Ultra Repair Cream for 10 USD, you pay 170 USD for Omorovicza's cream!! It makes me appreciate First Aid Beauty much more, even if it's not the right fit for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm definitely very sensitive to something in the product. I'm not sure what ingredient exactly but after reading the other reviews I believe that it might be the eucalyptus. Anyway, this product stung my face almost immediately. I slept with it on overnight and I woke up to very red dry skin on my face that was irritated. This cream was definitely anything but hydrating. I have used the Ultra Repair lotion before and though that wasn't great either at least it didn't cause me inflammation and it actually moisturized my face. I'd recommend testing this product on a little section of your skin if you're still looking at buying it so that you can see how you will react to it.