First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
First Aid Beauty HGs

3.8

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 7/30/2017 8:35:00 PM

My skin type is very dry and not prone to acne. This did not break me out but it wreaked havoc on my skin.

It didn't sink in very well and once it had, my skin felt dry again in an hour. It left a white cast.

The worst is that my cheeks started to appear red and the skin was even more broken looking after using this exclusively for a few days. My skin looked and felt like i had windburn or something to that effect.

A friend pointed out that the eucalyptus oil could be a potential irritant for me. I'm sad because i actually really liked the cream at first (felt heavy and substantial, i weirdly like the medicinal eucalyptus smell) but it was making my skin look and feel worse.

If you know you don't have an issue with eucalyptus oil or other essential oils on your face, this might work for you but i'd probably just pass on this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm currently on my second tube. Didn't break me out so I continue to use it. The only down side of this product is the eucalyptus scent. It's like putting eucalyptus oil on your face lol but so far I love this cream. It's good for my dry sensitive break out prone skin & comes in a tube packaging which I really appreciated (the 2oz one). It does a good job of moisturizing the skin. But it's not a 'WOW' product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product a couple of years ago when it first came out. As someone who suffers from eczema and has flakey dry skin I was really hoping it would do wonders like the rave I've been hearing. However I was disappointed and then did not use it after I finished the jar. Fast forward a couple of years to now and I decided to give it a second chance but was unfortunately disappointed yet again. My opinion is it just sits on top of the skin as a barrier but doesn't actually do anything in terms of moisturizing. Not worth the money in my opinion. Same if not better results with cetaphil.

on 5/16/2017 11:57:00 PM

super gentle, but a bit too thick for my skin makes my face feel warm. I have combo and dehydrated skin. I use this around my cheeks but its not hydrating enough. it would be good for someone with normal to dry skin but not dehydrated. Semi Lightweight and thick creams work better for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a large tub of this at Ulta. I have super oily skin that I like to balance out by using a super thick cream at night that way in the morning I can go in with just a lightweight primer or sunscreen without being an oily mess. Dehydrated skin equals super oily skin for certain people. This does leave me greasy but doesn't clog my pores, break me out or make me red...it actually calms and soothes my skin. A little goes a super long way and since the tub is so big it will take me ages to finish this.

on 5/4/2017 12:50:00 PM

I am completely amazed at how effective this product is, especially for the price. This has been a life saver for my dry, sensitive skin. Since I have been using this twice daily (along with a very gentle cleanser), my face is smoother and more even toned, the dry patches and redness have completely gone. If you are struggling with dry and sensitive skin problems, I would definitely recommend you give this a try.

on 4/29/2017 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this stuff, with a few caveats.

For someone with oily, normal, or combination skin who needs just a tad more moisture at night, I think this makes a great facial cream. I've used it on arms and legs too, but hate to use something I shelled out $$ for on my body. That said, per ounce, the price is really reasonable for a mid-range facial moisturizer. And as someone who doesn't typically like scented products, I found this cream has a light, natural scent (all I can smell is the eucalyptus), and it fades quickly.

I think you could use it as an a.m. moisturizer as well. I have before with good results. It wore fine under makeup.

That said, I think the product is poorly named. If your skin is truly dry or dehydrated and in need of repair, this is not going to be hydrating enough. You would have to layer with some good hydrating oils and/or serums and use this as a last step, if that's the case.

Case in point: my skin felt too tight (no dry flakes or visible dryness) after I started using a mild glycolic acid toner, and this alone did not help. My skin soaked it in, but I could have reapplied it all night and not felt any better.

Conclusion: This is much too light a cream if your dry or dehydrated skin is in need of some real healing. Nice enough as an affordable mid-range night cream for skin that isn't truly thirsty.

As an esthetician, I have sampled and purchased many products . I got this moisturizer as a sample size using my points at Sephora. I really liked it! Any break outs I had, cleared up and my skin was really soft. I woke up to healthy looking, hydrated, smooth skin! I then purchased a set of mini first aid beauty products on another trip to Sephora. One of them was this moisturizer along with the coconut primer which is amazingggg, l With a few other products as well. That's when I really was hooked on this moisturizer and first aid beauty!! I ended up purchasing a full size moisturizer . I didn't know how much it was until I got home. I was curious, so I looked at the receipt and I was shocked when I saw $12.00!! It feels and looks thick until you put it on and it soaks into the skin. It feels great! Any dry skins have is gone! I even applied it to my sons dry skin! Im obsessed with this entire line!

Love this stuff! I buy the large tubs from QVC. I go through one tub every winter. It stops the itchy dry skin that we all get from the dry air in the winter. I also LOVE that it has no scent. I can use it all over and still use my Bond No 9 fragrance!

on 1/21/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not what I expected. Moisturizer wasn't bad but it didn't help my dry, parched skin. Didn't have a nice emoillent feel nor did it feel like it was providing a rich, protective layer over my skin. Felt a lot like the drugstore Vaseline lotion that comes in a huge bottle for the body for a few bucks.

I ended up using the rest as a hand moisturizer.