Chanel Chance

Chance

4.1

on 10/13/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite perfume. So beautiful, flowery, and rich. I really love this perfume. I get a lot of compliments when wearing it. It's very long lasting and wears beautifully.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I get so many compliments on this scent. It's light without being too girly. Oddly enough, this scent reminds me of a first date: playful, sweet and a little sexy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is strong and dark, a perfume of perfumes, but for a youthful demographic not yet prepared to plunge into the full figured offerings that we call No 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Bois des Isles, or Coromandel. This is an effortless Chanel, a transitional Chanel. Sweet, candid, agreeable until it possibly turns into prickly wood shavings and powder, a mix of aromas that makes me wonder what I just applied to my skin. Going from the peppery fruit salad of lemon and pineapple to the saw dust with acidic overtones of the vetiver and patch strikes me as a decidedly unpleasant dissociative journey. However, this sharp, dry end stage does not always appear. I can and do often enjoy a bland sophistication, though it is not distinguished enough for me to escape conventionality. In a word, Chance bores one; Chanel has bottled tedium in an even more unappetizing round vessle. Do not bother sampling unless you find no better choice. Plus, the poor EDP longevity with the price does not do the scent any favors. My review must finish here. There is nothing left to say. Notes: Pink pepper, citron, pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver, white musk, vanilla.

I LOVE Chance!
Ok now that I've said that
This scent has been my favorite and will continue to be, it comes of strong but then it morphs into the most delicate and oh so sexy daring wild beast. Maybe that's an over exaggeration but it does turn into a woody, musky, sweet and barely a floral scent. It's a sensual spicy composition
Patchouli and pink pepper are the main stars in this scent and they are definitely my favorite

Puts me in a great mood!
Lasting power is incredible even for the EDT, which is the one I have
Guys go kinda crazy, they always compliment :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Chanel Chance EDP is such a classy, well-blended, warm fragrance. It's a softer, more well rounded and less shrill than Coco Mademoiselle. It's a fragrance I wear everywhere from the office, to church to a night out. I've received compliments from men while wearing this, too, as it's also a somewhat sexy scent. Of all the Chanels I own, Chance is my favorite because it blends so well with my chemistry. The longevity is amazing as one spritz will last a full day. Typically I wear two to three spritzes which last from one shower to the next. Sillage is noticeable yet not overpowering. I highly recommend, especially for those whom the other traditional Chanels don't appeal. Chance is a great gateway to the iconic brand.

on 9/26/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the eau de toilette. Last quite long, but the smell is too strong for me that I get a headache every time I use it or even smell it. The base is quite nice and lasting, but a bit too powder-like for me. I do get headache when I smell many other perfumes too.

on 8/31/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this a lot. I have the 5 oz bottle. I prefer the EDT. It's fresher, lighter and more citrusy and I feel I could wear it year round. The EDP seemed too stuffy and heavy to me. Sillage and longevity is very good also. I will always have this around.

on 4/30/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Honestly, when I got this in a swap I was thinking this perfume was going to be STRONG considering it was Chanel. I was wrong. It's a little confusing how this perfume works, it started out strong as expected. However, the heart of the perfume comes fairly fast (maybe 30 mins - 1 hour) it smells soft to my nose, but the perfume itself is pretty dominate, dominate enough even after one spritz. I read somewhere that the top notes were pink pepper, lemon and pineapple... but in my opinion the pineapple never leaves the heart of the perfume, that's partly why I'm very attracted to Chance. I admit that I'm not a great admirer of patchouli, but it compliments Chance.

The circular bottle is very classy.

If you were sitting next to me, or standing in front of me you could definitely smell it... to me it's soft on the nose depending on who wears it. This is not a signature scent of mine, but it is a beautiful fragrance and though I could see most girls wearing this casually, I prefer to where this occasionally... it's that special.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful elegant fragrance. One of my favorites. If I had to choose a fragrance to wear for the rest of my life, this would probably be one of my top three.

on 12/13/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

#872 review on Chance.The Citron in this formula, combined with hyacinth, gives the scent its fresh, youthful top note amber of Patchouli and Jasmine give the fragrance its spicy warmth and sensuality.The combo gives this scent a tendency to "evolve" from fresh and bright to sophisticated and sexy.....very very nice and pretty if it works with your chemistry. This scent doesn't get much love because I'm guessing since it's not extremely complex, but I can see why it's popular. It's not ground-breaking, but it strikes a neat balance between clean/sweet, crisp/soft, sexy/professional, dressy/casual. Everyone's nose and chemistry is different and so are their opinions. It's one of those fragrances that women of all ages can wear, making them smell modern, classy, and sexy all at once. It's not one of those intense and overwhelming old ladyish smells. I know alot of perfume inthuseniast find this to plain. I would rather smell crisp and clean then someone trying to smell so complex but everyone holds their nose around them. Ohhh,and men LOVE this btw. When I wear this I feel uplifted. This makes me like this since this does something for my spirits and mood which also effects those around me as well which could impact my day like a domino effect.This matters to me more then seeking something extremly complex.

Popular Fragrances