Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment

Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment

3.0

on 5/4/2016 11:21:00 PM

Disclaimer: I had moderate acne prior to buying the Advantage Mark Treatment. I was first prescribed by my derm to apply Tactupump/Epiduo once every night, alongside a month's dosage of doxycycline. After three months of use, my skin became much clearer, but the Tactupump no longer effectively worked by itself. While my small yet multiple, painful pimples did not reappear, I was left with moderate hyperpigmentation that persisted long after. Cue the Advantage Mark Treatment.

At present: My skin tone has lifted noticeably after only a week of use. Pimples are also kept at bay. If they do appear, they're very small and usually coincide with my hormonal cycle. My acne post-Tactupump/Epiduo is quite mild to begin with.

On the other hand, if you have acne scars and painful/cystic pimples, you'll definitely need a formula stronger than the Advantage Mark Treatment (or any drugstore brand for that matter). I highly recommend that you save your wallet some grief by checking in with a derm first.

Con(s) to the Advantage Mark Treatment: I agree with the reviewers below - the product DOES pill greatly. Regardless what you apply after using the Advantage Mark Treatment, bits of the product start to form and look similar to eraser shavings.

I advise against applying the Treatment on a deep, open blemish/pimple. The formula contains alcohol and will sting the open area.

on 3/6/2016 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Strong perfume smell.
Doesn't fade my acne scars.

This damages your skin in the longer term: http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/clean-and-clear/Advantage/_/Advantage-Mark-Treatment

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/11/2014 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Like another reviewer, I bought this at Walmart for roughly $6 after I had run out of Clean and Clear ACNE SPOT Treatment. When I saw this, I thought maybe Clean and Clear decided to change up the packaging and the name, since I didn't see the acne spot treatment anywhere.

So, I picked up this MARK treatment. I didn't like the heavy perfume smell this product had. It was a little overwhelming, unlike the acne spot treatment. I applied it to my trouble spots, and also noticed the texture was a little different.

When I had my acne spot treatment, I usually applied moisturizer 3-5 minutes afterwords. When I applied moisturizer after using the MARK treatment, it was like all the product was rubbing off! It came off my skin in white (similar to eraser shavings) and got in my hair and it was frustrating.

Not very pleased with this product.

I get mild acne but what's worse than the acne are the red marks/hyper pigmentation that get left behind. This product is GREAT for that. Once the spot is no longer active I put this on and see improvement over night! Works to fade post acne marks fast. Really awesome product.

on 3/3/2013 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

walmart was out of my usual invisible gel from clean & clear that I'd been using for years and years, so I thought I'd try something different.
Wompwompwomp wrong decision here... It might work if I went barefaced for awhile, but I just can't do that. I need my sunscreen and moisturizer and no matter how I try, this stuff does not play well with any of my other skin products! No matter the order I apply things in, leave it be for drying/absorption for a long while...when combined it balls up on my face like I applied elmer's kiddie glue! Blech.

on 12/8/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have tried so many of the expensive products that simply do not work. Tried this on a whim not expecting much. It worked great!!!!! Will try and stockpile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My mum bought me this a while back because i had a major breakout that just wont leave. I used for around a month and nothing good happened. The marks were still very visible, it dried my skin and it made my acne worse. The consistency is like one of those transparent liquid glue that was used in school before glue sticks came. The only reason why i'm giving this product two lippies is because of the smell, for some reason i kind of like it.

on 7/9/2012 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I started using this product 3 weeks ago and i havent seen a change. I was so excited to start using it until i noticed that it actually made my acne worse and it made my skin really dry.

on 6/11/2012 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got Advantage Mark Treatment because I have a few acne scars that I would like to clear up, and I had heard good things about it. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed with the product. It didn't get rid of ANY of my old acne scars, and as I've seen in several other reviews, it sometimes made them more red. I did notice that it helped clear up some of my current acne, but honestly, it felt like it was was just drying them out (sort of like that makeup urban legend of putting toothpaste on zits) and didn't completely get rid of them. This was definitely not worth the money, and I probably won't buy it again.

on 5/21/2012 11:13:00 PM

I'm not sure if this product is doing what it promises. I just bought this yesterday and I have applied several times but there wasn't very good results. I like how it's clear and is a gel and when you put it on it's invisible. It's also pricey for such a small tube. I bought it for about $7 and I think it should have been cheaper. For sure, not gonna repurchase.