4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

First, let me say I love all of MUAC products..If, I had known it had silicone and the soybean oil I may have passed it up..I never thought my skin liked silicone..but this stuff rocks...I use it most every night..it makes my skin feel like silk..and makes my pores almost non existent.and .I don't even wear makeup any more. I am also almost 80..and am pretty much taken for someone in my early 60's ...on a good day..and smoky mirrors!!!!!lucky with good genes and in being a complete skin care freak all my life..didn't hurt..after being a total cleanser nutcase ...I started back in the beginning with Erno Lazlo and the black sea mud soap...and have ended up with what is my HG of the MUAC line, the DMAE cleanser.so glad to see all the new things coming on the market..that I can try and beat back time...my next purchase is the Baby Quasar.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

I use this every other night. Definitely gives my skin a youthful glow. Doesn't seem to aggravate my oily acne prone skin. Actually my skin is pretty damn clear! Yes I will keep on buying this.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I do like this. Not overly powerful where I have to worry about peeling or flaking but did make my skin look nice after using then discontinuing for a few days (exfoliates and brings new skin to the surface)

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

So far I love this product. This is a big surprise to me because the main infredient is silicone and I thought my skin hated it. I love the texture so far, and it seemed to calm my skin down, it felt very soothing. I will update as I keep using it.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

from

5 years ago

Aghh this stuff is amazing and horrible. Over a period of time, I slowly added to and created a skincare routine designed to combat sun damage, acne, PIH, enlarged pores, sebaceous filaments (basically everything). I used Benton Snail Bee Essence, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, Pai Rosehip Oil, MUAC Gly luronic Miracle Correction Serum and this amazing retinol serum. And once I found it and figured it out God did this routine ever work. No acne whatsoever except maybe one or two hormonal acne bumps a month, great texture, sun damage and PIH slowly fading. Then disaster struck. I ran out and couldn't afford to buy more and my whole brilliant routine didn't freaking work anymore. I guess this Retinol serum did basically everything and the other products were window dressing. Cause let me tell you - my skin has gone to absolute hell. This stuff apparently is a miracle product. But why only four lippies? It is very hard to see how much product is left in the bottle and easy to run out without realizing it, the packaging is ugly too, it's expensive, I needed four pumps every night and was going through a bottle a month. I cannot afford a bottle a month. It truly breaks my heart, I had three months of fabulous skin but I can't afford it my friends.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

5 years ago

I love MUAC and usually turn there first before looking for products elsewhere. I like the no-frills, no-nonsense approach and packaging, you really feel like you're paying for the PRODUCT, not the rest. Their retinols just don't do it for me, though. I think it's the silicone base- maybe it just doesn't work on everyone's skin. When I ran out of my first bottle of this, I used Neutrogena as a stop-gap until the next one came, and I have to say that I actually really prefer the Neutrogena retinols, when I wake up my skin tone is much more even. Neither of them are HG, so I'm still looking for that.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I bought the sample size to try, and it's lasting me for weeks! The full size is rather pricey so I really appreciated the chance to try this out for a fraction of the price. I've been using this every other night and I like how it seems to be making my skin super-soft and keeping my pores clear and looking smaller. I haven't seen a difference in fine lines around my eyes yet, but it's only been about 3 weeks. I tend towards oiliness, and this feels rather greasy upon application so I was a bit worried. When I wake up the next morning, though, my skin isn't oily - it just looks clear, even-toned and completely free from flakiness. It's unscented, which I like, and comes in a pump bottle that prevents air from degrading the efficacy of the ingredients. Not a gorgeous container, but MUAC is known for no-frills packaging of its highly effective products. I apply this over my serum, before my moisturizer. Still looking for full results yet, but I think I'll be buying the full size when this runs out. UPDATE 1-18-2015: Once I ran out of this, I began using Alpha Hydrox Night ResQ Retinol. IMO, it worked just as well as this product but was majorly cheaper. Will be using the Night ResQ from now on, due to price.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

This, along with Paula's Choice BHA lotion, is my absolute exfoliant HG. I've been using it for maybe three months now, and it's only just started to reveal its magic. Due to a job transition I was between insurance providers, and wanted to try a pure retinol product (i.e., no random additives) comparable to Retin-A - and less expensive, obviously. My skin was in a bad place - very dull, dry from winter temps; nearly every pore clogged with small rice-grains of sebum. Horrible. I got a sample along with the Mandelic peel (which I also love) with the intent of starting my anti-aging routine, and started off it sparingly - every two nights, then every other night. In a few weeks, I progressed to every night… And then came the peeling, just like with prescription Retin-A. BUT - this was the greatest thing to ever happen to my adult skin. Along with clogs, I had some old acne scars on my cheeks and chin, and in a few weeks they had all peeled away. Not in flakes, but in big, thin scab-like sheets. (So gross - so awesome.) Underneath - near-perfect, fresh glowing skin. I'm pretty much clog-free at this point, since there's no dead skin needing to be exfoliated that'll clog my pores. I apply this after Mario Badescu's glycolic toner every night, top it with Paula's BHA (HIGHLY recommended) and finally Cerave cream, and in the morning... I look like I've just had a facial.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

6 years ago

I dont understand this? I bought it after seeing the great reviews here. I started using it every other night and then increased the usage to every night and I can see...nothing after 4 weeks. Hasnt done anything for my my large pores, nothing for my fine wrinkles and nothing for my small acne scars. Wont repurchase :(

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGreen

from

7 years ago

Best retinol product on the market. A little goes along way. I use every other night and my skin is smooth and fine lines are reduced especially around my eyes. Priced very reasonable. This will always be part of my beauty routine.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm