Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Tattoo LinerKat Von D Tattoo Liner - splayed bristles from cap

4.1

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Carbon Black 2.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been an avid user of this product for the last 2 years. It was one of the first eyeliners I ever tried. It is expensive, and while there may be other dupes for a lower price, I would definitely recommend this product. I have bought two of these pens in the last 2 years. I do not wear eyeliner daily. I have found this eyeliner to be waterproof even though it is not advertised as so. It is very pigmented and long lasting. I find that the brush tip is helpful is controlling the amount of product being used at once. The applicator is efficient in creating a cat eye flick.

The only downfall with this product is that after a certain period of time, about 10 months, it changes in pigment and consistency. It becomes very watery and difficult to control, and the colour becomes more faded. It also drys out after a short time of use, and sometimes requires a bit of fiddling to return it to working condition.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I think the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is great if you're looking for a pen-style liquid liner. It's easy to use and stays put all day. My one real complaint with this product is that I had to go over the line multiple times to make it super dark, which I found surprising since part of KvD's signature look is her black winged liner. It wasn't a deal breaker, and I used it up. Despite rating this fairly highly, I personally would not repurchase. One thing I discovered as I was using this liner is that I simply prefer pencil to any other form of liner. So I enjoyed it and would recommend it, but for myself, I'm sticking with my favorite pencils.

on 3/28/2017 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I’d heard that there were a lot of mixed reviews on this liner. I got mine as a gift from a fellow makeup addict who did not like this product. I must say though that this liner does exactly what I want it to do, which is last all day and remain looking identical to when I applied it at 7AM. You do need to build it a bit to achieve that coveted midnight black but it isn’t too arduous or time-consuming. The tip is really easy to handle, even for an Edith VonShakyhands such as myself! I also use Lancome’s liquid eye-liner, which I did buy myself. But if I had to repurchase one of these products, it would probably be Kat Von D, just because I find it’s easier to handle and achieve different looks.

For many people, this is a go-to liner. Sadly, I cannot say the same. I have hooded and slightly crepey eyelids, so I have found that it drags and creates a choppy line. I was really hoping I'd love it as much as everyone else, but sadly, I can't. I will have to stick with my inkwell style liners.

on 3/27/2017 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This liner is a HG liner for so many people. It is for me, I have very watery eyes and somewhat oily lids so most eyeliners that claim to be waterproof and long-lasting just aren't up to snuff.

It was reformulated mid 2015. The new formula isn't better or worse - just different.

Thankfully the tip is the same, densely packed bristles so it's more or a brush and has more give than a felt tip liner. This means it won't fray and stays razor sharp.

The pre-2015 formula could get a bit clogged up so it was harder to get a full swoop from beginning to the end of your wing. It sometimes skipped on the lid. If you did it in sections it was no problem. It was darker and occasionally got a tad flaky at the end of the day.

Now the new formula is a bit tricky. It's a bit more watery, not as black but easier to draw one solid line. It works best over eyeshadow. It's prone to fading instead of flaking off. It also gets clogged up like the previous formulation. Also not as matte.

IF YOURS DOESN'T WORK (Seems dried out, watery or greyish)
1: Wipe the bristles with something like micellar or distilled water or a makeup wipe (No germy tap water!)
2. PUMP the liner in the cap for 20 times or so if it's brand new, this gets the fluid going. Shaking the liner won't get the fluid to the tip. This also works for just before you do a wing so it's sharp and pigmented.

Some dupes/similar liners:
Clio Kill Black Liner. Same tip, very close dupe.
Stila Stay all Day liner. Felt tip.
Essence eyeliner pen WATERPROOF. Felt tip.

This used to be my HG however I found something less expensive that lasts just as long or maybe even a tad longer.

I have problems with my eye makeup staying on my oily eyelids and shadows creasing. This liner was the only one that lasts most of the day- I'm talking office job. I have not tested this at the gym. It's very easy to apply and lasts about 2-3 months before it dries out/runs out.

I've repurchased it a number of times, and if my new drug store discovery gets discontinued I will be buying this again.

I've been testing this eyeliner out lately and I've compiled a list of pro's and con's.
Pros: matte black, easy to apply, looks good.
Cons: it doesn't stay all day, especially if you have watery eyes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I would definitely buy this again though it is a bit pricey for everyday use. It doesnt gives bumpy, nice line, always black & it stays! BUT if you go to fitness and sweat much, this is not a good eyeliner though it is waterproof, as it does transfers to your undereye! Its not removable so easily! duh! so Dont use this if you are going to the gym. Not cute when it transfers!

on 3/13/2017 11:32:00 PM

Not sure if I got a dud, but this barely lasted me a month! Even within the first couple times trying it, it seemed dried out and the product never properly dispensed. The longevity of the liner is amazing but not worth the price if it dries out that quickly.

on 3/13/2017 8:53:00 AM

I got this is a gift kit with a lip stick and I absolutely love it! It's so easy to apply and it's stays on quite well. I love the brush felt tip. I would probably repurchase but stick to the gift kits because I feel it's too expensive just for a liquid liner, especially for a student. And with the gift kits you're able to try other products as well, also while you don't get the full packaging and avoid it drying out.