Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Tattoo LinerKat Von D Tattoo Liner - splayed bristles from cap

4.1

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Carbon Black 2.

on 2/11/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not an expert when it comes to liquid liners but I had seen and heard a lot of good reviews so here I am. Not sure what the big deal is but this does the job alright. I use this when I want to create an intense look. It stays well and fortunately, despite all of my eye sensitivity, it doesn't cause any irritation.

on 2/3/2017 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product I really love the packaging an if you shake the pen you will get super crisp wing but it really made my eyes water so much so that it's actually painful to wear :/

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I like it, and it's a great eyeliner that stays on forever, and it's super easy to use, even if you have super shaky hands like me. It is definitely too expensive for an eyeliner, and it's easy to find a cheaper one that still has quality, so I would save your money for something else.

The formula of this eyeliner is good. It does last all day and is waterproof. The bad is the felt applicator was too wide for my lids so it would go on waaay too thick and dark black. Far too messy. The pen also ran out very quick for the price and eventually the felt tip gets dried out too. If I put more then 2 touch ups on , the line also starts to crack on me. I think only gel and pencils won't crack but then you're dealing with smudging. Still looking for the holy grail of eyeliner.

on 1/19/2017 10:43:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample size of this in my Sephora Play box and it is fantastic and doesn't budge at all.

Finding the perfect liquid eyeliner for me has ended when I found Kat Von D Tattoo liner. It stays put all day, does not transfer, and has the perfect black pigment that frames my eyes. The other liquid eyeliner that I love is from Shiseido Integrate but it's so hard to get a hold of them because only Japan has them. This one works perfectly as it does not transfer to my upper eye area when I use it. I will always have this in stock on my vanity case.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first I loved this eyeliner, however I'm now three months in and it's gone downhill.

It is super long lasting, I used it on holiday and it stayed on through a day of sunbathing and swimming (plus my lids tend to be a little oily, so this was impressive).

I don't think it's worth all the hype, it's not different to any other liquid eyeliner I've used. It isn't that great for doing flicks, personally I much prefer the maybelline gel eyeliner pot and that's more than half the price. When my eyes are open I don't have a great deal of lid showing so I like to have very thin lines of eyeliner. This product is probably much better suited to someone who prefers thick, bold lines.

The brush has also started to fray and split, so if I'm not careful I end up poking myself in the eye with stray strands, again not great considering it's supposed to be a premium product.

I really wanted this to be my HG eyeliner, however I'm switching back to Maybelline gel liner! Also, I do tend to buy more premium makeup than high street, so this was not a factor in me choosing Maybelline over KVD. Sometimes high street makeup is just better!

It dries out fast, and I end up having to do my wings with my Urban decay Perversion liquid liner instead, but it's great for inner corners as its drier and not super runny (I have hooded eyelids)

on 1/3/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this used to be my HG liner for winged liner. I love the brush tip but I found you have to go over a few times to get a really black line or draw my wing with this and fill in with gel liner. it's deff not waterproof. I highly suggest anyone who likes this liner but wants something more black try the Clinique pretty easy. same exact tip but better formula imo.

on 1/2/2017 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yeah, I would have to agree with the other review on this one: It's not that great guys.

First, it applies beautifully and it's a nice black application on your lids. But it's not THAT good for it being a $20 liner with less 0.09fl oz. Like, seriously. First off, putting eyeshadow and then this liner is not going to happen, it barely shows and doesn't cooperate with you. Secondly, waterproof?! Yeah right! It smudges and doesn't stick onto the eyeliner as if it were a "tattoo". I talked to a Sephora representative and she basically told me how Kat changed her formula and now it sucks. So, that explains it! Basically, I returned it and got the Stila brand ;).

I could also get a Sephora eyeliner that works just as well! It's seriously not that great. For a "high-end product", I have used drug store brands that worked just as this one did, if not, better! Save your money, folks!