Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Tattoo LinerTattoo LinerTattoo LinerTattoo LinerKat Von D Tattoo Liner - splayed bristles from cap

4.1

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Carbon Black 2.

on 8/3/2018 10:50:00 PM

i liked this a lot, easy to use but it transfers onto my lid which is rlly annoying. and it dried up in one month which was a major no for me. i paid $25 in canadian money, it shouldn’t dry up that fast for what i paid for

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had SUCH high hopes for this!!!! After practically being told it was indestructible, and could endure heat, oil and sweat like no other, I was sooo hyped up to buy this for the summer as I can never really use eyeliner in the summer as it smudges off thanks to my oily lids.
Literally within the first hour of applying it, it had already started to break up and smudge just like all the other felt tip & liquid liners (drugstore) that I've used priorly. I was SO disappointed. So I've been trying it again and again, (setting my lids with powder etc) and it still hasn't lived up to its hype. I shouldn't have to go the extra mile to make it work I feel. Additionally, it isn't as pitch black as I'd hoped either, I definitely have to use multiple layers to get the right opacity. That seriously wouldn't have been an issue if the liner had actually lasted longer than an hour on me :(
Now I have to go back to using my drugstore liquid liners which, for the price point, actually last a lot better than this one. I'm so gutted because I love the KvD lipsticks for their longevity, but alas not this.

on 7/14/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I held off on buying this for the longest time, because I just couldn't justify in my head spending $20 on just EYELINER. I've used liquid black liner from E.L.F. in the past, but now that I've tried this, I can never go back to drugstore. It's THAT good. I'm a simple person nowadays with makeup. I only now use eyebrow filler, mascara, liner, and concealer on a normal day

on 7/8/2018 5:34:00 PM

I bought the eyeliner due to the great reviews on Sephora. It’s one of my favorite eyeliners so far. It really stays and only comes off if I use a cotton swab and micellar water. I have bought some dupes to save money but I haven’t tried anything else except L’Oréal and that one is good too. I’ve read that NYX makes a good dupe too. I just bought the new liner from Fenty this weekend and have yet to try it. It’s the same price and the reviews are just as good for that one as the Kat Von D.

on 7/6/2018 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this it’s so easy to use and stays on while I’m working

on 7/6/2018 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you have oily eyelids like me this is HORRIBLE. I have purchased this straight from Sephora to ensure I have gotten a genuine item and initially thought it was a bad batch but it wasn't, the product just simply failed to live up to my expectations. This is advertised as long lasting and true black but on me it just looks like a patchy soft black that smudges only a few minutes after. Even a Chinese cheap eyeliner I bought does a better job than this crap. Money flushed down the toilet. If you have hooded eyes or oily eyelids, stay away.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have tried so many liquid eyeliners and have hated them all. They have left me feeling frustrated as I can never get a straight line going. Either the applicator tip is too thick or too flexible, or the formula is too gloppy, or the pen releases too much product - and I end up having to wipe it off, start over, wipe it off again. No matter what I do I get a squiggly line - not cute. So not sure what it is but I have always hated these so much that I end up giving them to my sister. So when I got the Kat Von D liner in one of my monthly beauty subscription boxes, I had plans to give it away. I have heard good things about the brand so I decided to just try it. With ONE shot I was able to get a nice and thin, bold, PERFECT line. There's something about the tip that allows for razor sharp precision, and it dispenses JUST the right amount of product. The cool thing is the liner lasts all day without any smudging. At the end of the day it looks the same as when I applied it. In fact it'll even last through the next morning! I CAN see this drying out fairly quickly but the product works so well I could live with this. Great product!

on 6/19/2018 7:51:00 PM

I absolutely love the liner applicator- it’s the finest I’ve ever seen and I can do nearly perfect cat eyes with this. My problem is with the formula... i don’t find it to be super pigmented. I have to go back and apply over the same place multiple times. By the end of the day it has faded and my cat eyes are completely gone. I won’t repurchase unless I can find a way to use that applicator with a different liquid eyeliner formula.

on 6/18/2018 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm annoyingly picky when it comes to choosing eyeliners because they have been my staple since my first day of makeup. Pens are my favourite so I'm always looking for the perfect one.
Alas this one isn't. I'm aware that KVD products are vegan and so on, but cruelty-wise all industries are under strict control and animal experimentation is obsolete at this point of progress. So, I expect this claim to compete with more "industrial" ingredients..but no.
I mean, it stays on for hours and hours, but the pigmentation is so off I have to use this pen just as a base for making a more perfect line, and then I write on it with another, more pigmented liner. I guess this is a bit expensive for being just a base.
So, I might recommend this only to people who are not looking for the darkest line ever, but a pencil-like intensity.

I can't imagine my life without it. It had mixed reviews among my friends and I am happy I still gave this a try because this is amazing.
Let me start with saying I have oily skin, so before I started using Tattoo Liner every single eyeliner -either gel, pen or pencil one I tried was smudging on me like crazy within 1-2 hour's, the only one that stayed on my eyelids was MAC's Liquidlast Liner but it was really difficult to remove and I hated the applicator.
I even stopped using eyeliners for that reason since having racoon eyes every single day is pretty bad, I saved the MAC one for special occasions. For someone who loves cat eye that was really frustrating.
And then I bought Tattoo Liner and my makeup routine changed for the better, IT DOESNT SMUDGE, it stays on my eyelids all day! It's also easy to remove in comparison with Liquidlast. It's very precise and the easiest to use of all eyeliners I've ever tried (and I tried a lot of them). I love it so much and I am going to repurchase it till the end of the world. If you have oily eyelids I recommend trying this one.
Sometimes finding your perfect makeup items requires a lot of trial and error (and money !!!) so I am glad I finally found my perfect eyeliner.