Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Tattoo LinerKat Von D Tattoo Liner - splayed bristles from cap

4.1

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene, Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Carbon Black.

Finding the perfect liquid eyeliner for me has ended when I found Kat Von D Tattoo liner. It stays put all day, does not transfer, and has the perfect black pigment that frames my eyes. The other liquid eyeliner that I love is from Shiseido Integrate but it's so hard to get a hold of them because only Japan has them. This one works perfectly as it does not transfer to my upper eye area when I use it. I will always have this in stock on my vanity case.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first I loved this eyeliner, however I'm now three months in and it's gone downhill.

It is super long lasting, I used it on holiday and it stayed on through a day of sunbathing and swimming (plus my lids tend to be a little oily, so this was impressive).

I don't think it's worth all the hype, it's not different to any other liquid eyeliner I've used. It isn't that great for doing flicks, personally I much prefer the maybelline gel eyeliner pot and that's more than half the price. When my eyes are open I don't have a great deal of lid showing so I like to have very thin lines of eyeliner. This product is probably much better suited to someone who prefers thick, bold lines.

The brush has also started to fray and split, so if I'm not careful I end up poking myself in the eye with stray strands, again not great considering it's supposed to be a premium product.

I really wanted this to be my HG eyeliner, however I'm switching back to Maybelline gel liner! Also, I do tend to buy more premium makeup than high street, so this was not a factor in me choosing Maybelline over KVD. Sometimes high street makeup is just better!

It dries out fast, and I end up having to do my wings with my Urban decay Perversion liquid liner instead, but it's great for inner corners as its drier and not super runny (I have hooded eyelids)

on 1/3/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this used to be my HG liner for winged liner. I love the brush tip but I found you have to go over a few times to get a really black line or draw my wing with this and fill in with gel liner. it's deff not waterproof. I highly suggest anyone who likes this liner but wants something more black try the Clinique pretty easy. same exact tip but better formula imo.

on 1/2/2017 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yeah, I would have to agree with the other review on this one: It's not that great guys.

First, it applies beautifully and it's a nice black application on your lids. But it's not THAT good for it being a $20 liner with less 0.09fl oz. Like, seriously. First off, putting eyeshadow and then this liner is not going to happen, it barely shows and doesn't cooperate with you. Secondly, waterproof?! Yeah right! It smudges and doesn't stick onto the eyeliner as if it were a "tattoo". I talked to a Sephora representative and she basically told me how Kat changed her formula and now it sucks. So, that explains it! Basically, I returned it and got the Stila brand ;).

I could also get a Sephora eyeliner that works just as well! It's seriously not that great. For a "high-end product", I have used drug store brands that worked just as this one did, if not, better! Save your money, folks!

on 12/30/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The absolute best liner I have ever used. This is the only liquid liner I use when I want to do a winged liner. It lasts be a good year and I use it at least 2-3 times a week. I always get back ups when these are on sale.

on 12/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

I'm actually surprised at good reviews for this one. I got a mini one in the "London Calling" set, and I wasn't that impressed.
I don't understand the "waterproof" claims, it comes off and smudges very very easily.
It lasted me for a month or so, and I didn't use it every day. There are cheaper dupes for this out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got a sample from a Sephora Play box. 5 stars all around. Best liner I've ever tried because it's actually easy to use. I'm horrible at eyeliner so tend to stay away from it. That's the only reason I said I wouldn't purchase. This would be a great liner for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with liner or doesn't feel comfortable with liquid liners. This works more like a pen. If I ever find myself into cat eyes, this will be my holy grail.

on 12/23/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Price was okay - $25 in store Sephora ($20 online!?).
I love how precise you can get with your lines. Dainty or bold, it's up to you.
It really is like a tattoo - once it's on, it's ON. You will not wipe or smear this off.

Only things I didn't like: Can't fit cap on bottom when using the liner. Could lose the cap.
Also sometimes it will kind of stop coming out of the bristles and create a weird dull shading effect instead of the creamy black.

Bottom line, I would purchase again and again. I want more colors :)
I have trooper (black).

on 12/17/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG liquid eyeliner. Application is easy and product goes on smooth. The brush tip is capable of making very fine lines. I frequently get compliments on my cat eye, which I usually take credit for (heh) but really all credit goes to this bomb ass eyeliner

I have monolids so I end up applying more product than most people, and I usually buy a new one every 4 months or so