Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Tattoo LinerTattoo LinerTattoo LinerTattoo LinerKat Von D Tattoo Liner - splayed bristles from cap

4.1

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Carbon Black 2.

I want to preface this by stating that I have bought this product repeatedly, about three times or so. (I switch between this and the Stila stay all day liner). I really really like the brush aspect of this liner which is super innovative compared to the felt tip liners that saturate the market. However, does the formula really work as well as it says it does? Ehhhhhhh. I have watery eyes basically by nature so I'm always looking for a liquid liner that stays and wont smudge at the corners. This one sorta stays but if I'm having a super watery day, half my wing will be gone. Which really sucks especially for a product that can last through a car accident according to posts. However, I do keep rebuying it because it is a nice black liner and I love the brush tip. I just want something actually water resistant.

on 11/18/2018 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a game changer for the eyeliner challenged. I've never really been able to do a precise line with a nice flick because I am simply too klutzy. I have had the best luck with felt-tip liners, but never great success. Until I met the Tattoo Liner! Beautiful, thin line, and so easy to control in application. I have small, somewhat hooded lids and it's very hard to use liner in flattering way that does not look harsh or take up my whole lid. For the record, I'm 41 and this looks amazing. I've noticed I look better in all the photographs in which I am wearing it. Other felt-tips and and liquid liners look messy and harsh on me. I have Mad Max Brown, and the color is deep and pigmented. Some other felt-tips I've used were Ok (L'oreal, WnW and Jordana), but after this I can never go back, will definitely repurchase. The $22 price tag is worth it.

on 11/13/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've only recently started lining my eyes, because I have very long and dense eyelashes that make doing so a total butt. Slippery eyelashes make pulling my lid taut difficult; my lash density makes it impossible to neatly apply liner without pulling the lid taut. So, when I say that my Trooper Tattoo Liner is user friendly, I mean it. It has a rigid (but not uncomfortable!) brush tip that lays down a uniform, opaque line on the first pass. I haven't quite figured out how to finish with the traditional "flick," but even drawing that on separately is pretty fuss-proof. The brush tip doesn't tickle, so I can line all the way to the tear duct without reflexively poking myself in the eye. The pen has a nice weight to it compared to the other liners I've tried, which somehow makes it easier to keep a steady hand.

For me, the most important feature of Tattoo Liner is that it's completely budge-proof - I have very oily skin and terrible watery eyes from allergies, but this stuff doesn't move a nanometer once it's set. (And it sets lightning fast; any mistakes during application require micellar water cleanup.) I love Trooper specifically because It's the blackest black I've found; blacker than MAC, UD, or L'Oreal. Since my lashes are quite black naturally, I need an intensely black shade of liner to really stand out; this one is a divine singularity quality of blackest black.

As to the usual issue with pen cosmetics: I'm on my first Tattoo Liner, and it's still good after ~6 months of using it 1-3 days a week. I store it horizontally, and occasionally give it a thorough downwards shake. It has what sounds like a mixing ball inside. The pen itself is vanity table worthy: it's black, adorned with delicate, shiny silver tattoo roses and vines.

The only problem? The price ($20) slays me, especially since it could hypothetically die on me at any time. But, you know what they say: "Fast, cheap, or good: pick any two." For the record, Jordana FabuLiner (felt tip) is my second favorite black eyeliner. It's cheap, easy to apply, and doesn't dry out; sadly, it's not nearly as gorgeously inky, heart of the void black.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought mine in the colour trooper (black) from the 10th anniversary collection. (the gold packaging is really nice!)
Applies well, not messy, doesn't budge. Easy to clean.
Only thing is, it did not last long on me. Fades off really fast.
I would say it is a pretty good liquid eyeliner though I still prefer Stila's

on 10/29/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Favorite liner so far - allows for very fine and precise drawing, stays in place for the whole day (even when exercising). Only downside is that it dries quite fast, so you have to be quick at drawing (probably wouldn't recommend for a beginner, but otherwise real good)

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have no idea how this product has such a cult following. It is GARBAGE. It was nice for maybe the first few applications but (and maybe I simply have a bad product) now it’s a watery mess. I can’t even describe what this eyeliner does that’s so terrible because I’ve never encountered it in an eyeliner before. You know when you use a permanent marker on a whiteboard by mistake and you can trace over it again with whiteboard marker to help rub it off? Well, this eyeliner functions like that. It applies to my eyes in such a shitty, diluted manner that when I try to line over it again to fill in the blanks, it RUBS THE LINER OFF. Absolutely ridiculous. It also has 0 staying power and is not waterproof like it claims.
The Fenty Flyliner is superior. Hell, most low end eyeliners are superior. Hard pass.

on 10/9/2018 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really tried to make this work for me but it just dried so fast and even when i was able to apply it it’s just gone in a couple of hours. Ido have oily lids and until now i have not found anything to actually stick to them.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure if I happened to buy a faulty product, but I find this eyeliner to be a pain to work with, as it dries up very quickly. Keeping it tip-down is an absolute MUST for me because it will quickly go from a fluid application to patchy and dry. I don't use it on a daily basis, either, so I don't think the problem is lack of product. When I first bought it I loved it, but now I find that using it is more frustrating than it's worth. Overall I'm very disappointed, as I had high hopes for this liner.

on 9/30/2018 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is the best one I've ever tried and I recently finished my 2nd tube. The tip is very fine and the size of the product the right one so even a messy girl like me can draw decent lines without trying 100 times. When you first apply it it can easily be removed within aprox. 1/2 minute. The color is a true black at start but after some hours it slightly fades and creases. However I'm not sure if that happens because I have hooded eyes.
The only big throwback for me is the ammount of product. The first time I bought this lasted me 8-9 months (by using it 2 times a week) but the second time only 2-3 months (same use)!! Idk what happened but rn I haven't bought another one cause I still get some leftovers from the FIRST product lol. I seriously don't know what happened with the second, maybe it was faulty but I pay 21 euros for an eyeliner cause I expect it to last for quite some time... Will probably buy it for the 3rd time just to check if it lasts longer

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have oily eyelids, and deep set, watery eyes, so it’s hard to find a good liquid eyeliner. Esp one that doesn’t smudge & transfer onto eyelids. This black eyeliner does neither, and really stays put ! I don’t touch up during the day but could easily in a few seconds if I wish. This is very similar to the Stila Liquid Eyeliner which is equally as good. I love the packaging, compact, simple & no fidgeting or dipping. Draws really fine and precise. The wick is quite stiff & took a while to get used to at first. I prefer this to dip pots, it’s cleaner, gives the perfect amount and doesn’t clump your eyelashes together. It also lasted sooo long.. like the Stila mine ran out after 6 months of daily use!!! My only complaint is the price. Sure it’s a very good eyeliner that stays put ..But seriously NZ $28???