Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Carbon Black 2.

on 3/19/2019 2:17:00 PM

I'd given up on ever managing liquid eyeliner, even these felt-tip types. Always too drippy and I could never make an even line, even when I was young. (The felt tips I usually use for lining/squiggling between lashes on the inside upper lid.) Anyway, this Tattoo Liner I received as a sample. It's super easy to lay sideways across the top lashes to get an even line, and if I hold it the normal way and tilt it at an angle, I can get a crisp thickness or even a wing at the end. It doesn't flake if I draw over a little. And even with oily lids, the color usually lasts. I'm sold.

While I will probably always never be 100% with how I apply liquid eyeliner, I am happy enough with this product. Stays on quite well with ALL eyelid primers I have tried. The black is a beautiful color, dries quicker than a blink, and brush applicator is fairly user-friendly. The reason I’m not going 5-star is the fact that I find the product runs out too quickly and fades out rather unevenly.

on 2/20/2019 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

1 word: OVERHYPED!!!

I was looking for a jet black, smudge proof, 12 hours lasting, easy to use eyeliner.

This isn't jet black, doesn't last perfectly after 3 to 4 hours. The only positive is that it's extremely easy to use for a newbie even and the product glides effortlessly on the eyelid, making it easier to do a cat liner.

I had heard better reviews for Kat Von D's ink liner.

on 1/17/2019 1:17:00 AM

At first I really liked this eyeliner because it’s easy to use and not too liquid, good for beginners. It does stay on as long as nothing rubs your eyes. However, I noticed it runs out so quickly. I thought it was just because I use it a lot but when I use other eyeliners with about the same ink amount, it lasts for much longer. Another issue is that, if you draw over foundation, eyeshadow etc, the ink doesn’t seem to want to come out. I try to wipe some oil off the brush and it works again. This is annoying though and other eyeliners like Stila doesn’t do this.

It’s a great eyeliner but definitely not worth its price!!

on 12/25/2018 4:55:00 PM

Good brush and good consistency make this liner perfect for fine, precise lines. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes and is easy to remove. It dries fast to a glossy finish (glossier than I like, but it’s not a dealbreaker) and has a great staying power. I always apply a thin layer of Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer, wait a few minutes and then apply my eyeshadow, eyeliner etc. When applied this way, this liner wears on me 12 + hours, without any fading, cracking, smudging or flaking, even in very hot and humid weather. Great.

It doesn't smudge on me, it's waterproof which is very important because I have extremely watery eyes and oily eyelids, lasts all day, black intense colour, matte finish. It's a great eyeliner!
The NYX epic Ink Eyeliner is way more runny in formula but it's a bit more pigmented and dark and I would say it's also smudge-proof and waterproof.
Between the Epic Ink by NYX and the KVD-Tattoo Eyeliner I prefer the KVD because I find it easier to use. Epic Ink eyeliner sometimes gives me quite a hard time to apply it evenly without making a mess but it's more affordable.
All in all, KVD eyeliner is pricey but I personally buy it when I find it 30% off so I get it at the same price with NYX. If you can find a similar deal go for the KVD, otherwise the NYX is a good and affordable alternative!

I want to preface this by stating that I have bought this product repeatedly, about three times or so. (I switch between this and the Stila stay all day liner). I really really like the brush aspect of this liner which is super innovative compared to the felt tip liners that saturate the market. However, does the formula really work as well as it says it does? Ehhhhhhh. I have watery eyes basically by nature so I'm always looking for a liquid liner that stays and wont smudge at the corners. This one sorta stays but if I'm having a super watery day, half my wing will be gone. Which really sucks especially for a product that can last through a car accident according to posts. However, I do keep rebuying it because it is a nice black liner and I love the brush tip. I just want something actually water resistant.

on 11/18/2018 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a game changer for the eyeliner challenged. I've never really been able to do a precise line with a nice flick because I am simply too klutzy. I have had the best luck with felt-tip liners, but never great success. Until I met the Tattoo Liner! Beautiful, thin line, and so easy to control in application. I have small, somewhat hooded lids and it's very hard to use liner in flattering way that does not look harsh or take up my whole lid. For the record, I'm 41 and this looks amazing. I've noticed I look better in all the photographs in which I am wearing it. Other felt-tips and and liquid liners look messy and harsh on me. I have Mad Max Brown, and the color is deep and pigmented. Some other felt-tips I've used were Ok (L'oreal, WnW and Jordana), but after this I can never go back, will definitely repurchase. The $22 price tag is worth it.

on 11/13/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've only recently started lining my eyes, because I have very long and dense eyelashes that make doing so a total butt. Slippery eyelashes make pulling my lid taut difficult; my lash density makes it impossible to neatly apply liner without pulling the lid taut. So, when I say that my Trooper Tattoo Liner is user friendly, I mean it. It has a rigid (but not uncomfortable!) brush tip that lays down a uniform, opaque line on the first pass. I haven't quite figured out how to finish with the traditional "flick," but even drawing that on separately is pretty fuss-proof. The brush tip doesn't tickle, so I can line all the way to the tear duct without reflexively poking myself in the eye. The pen has a nice weight to it compared to the other liners I've tried, which somehow makes it easier to keep a steady hand.

For me, the most important feature of Tattoo Liner is that it's completely budge-proof - I have very oily skin and terrible watery eyes from allergies, but this stuff doesn't move a nanometer once it's set. (And it sets lightning fast; any mistakes during application require micellar water cleanup.) I love Trooper specifically because It's the blackest black I've found; blacker than MAC, UD, or L'Oreal. Since my lashes are quite black naturally, I need an intensely black shade of liner to really stand out; this one is a divine singularity quality of blackest black.

As to the usual issue with pen cosmetics: I'm on my first Tattoo Liner, and it's still good after ~6 months of using it 1-3 days a week. I store it horizontally, and occasionally give it a thorough downwards shake. It has what sounds like a mixing ball inside. The pen itself is vanity table worthy: it's black, adorned with delicate, shiny silver tattoo roses and vines.

The only problem? The price ($20) slays me, especially since it could hypothetically die on me at any time. But, you know what they say: "Fast, cheap, or good: pick any two." For the record, Jordana FabuLiner (felt tip) is my second favorite black eyeliner. It's cheap, easy to apply, and doesn't dry out; sadly, it's not nearly as gorgeously inky, heart of the void black.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought mine in the colour trooper (black) from the 10th anniversary collection. (the gold packaging is really nice!)
Applies well, not messy, doesn't budge. Easy to clean.
Only thing is, it did not last long on me. Fades off really fast.
I would say it is a pretty good liquid eyeliner though I still prefer Stila's