Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Tattoo LinerTattoo LinerTattoo LinerTattoo LinerKat Von D Tattoo Liner - splayed bristles from cap

4.1

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Carbon Black 2.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have no idea how this product has such a cult following. It is GARBAGE. It was nice for maybe the first few applications but (and maybe I simply have a bad product) now it’s a watery mess. I can’t even describe what this eyeliner does that’s so terrible because I’ve never encountered it in an eyeliner before. You know when you use a permanent marker on a whiteboard by mistake and you can trace over it again with whiteboard marker to help rub it off? Well, this eyeliner functions like that. It applies to my eyes in such a shitty, diluted manner that when I try to line over it again to fill in the blanks, it RUBS THE LINER OFF. Absolutely ridiculous. It also has 0 staying power and is not waterproof like it claims.
The Fenty Flyliner is superior. Hell, most low end eyeliners are superior. Hard pass.

on 10/9/2018 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really tried to make this work for me but it just dried so fast and even when i was able to apply it it’s just gone in a couple of hours. Ido have oily lids and until now i have not found anything to actually stick to them.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure if I happened to buy a faulty product, but I find this eyeliner to be a pain to work with, as it dries up very quickly. Keeping it tip-down is an absolute MUST for me because it will quickly go from a fluid application to patchy and dry. I don't use it on a daily basis, either, so I don't think the problem is lack of product. When I first bought it I loved it, but now I find that using it is more frustrating than it's worth. Overall I'm very disappointed, as I had high hopes for this liner.

on 9/30/2018 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is the best one I've ever tried and I recently finished my 2nd tube. The tip is very fine and the size of the product the right one so even a messy girl like me can draw decent lines without trying 100 times. When you first apply it it can easily be removed within aprox. 1/2 minute. The color is a true black at start but after some hours it slightly fades and creases. However I'm not sure if that happens because I have hooded eyes.
The only big throwback for me is the ammount of product. The first time I bought this lasted me 8-9 months (by using it 2 times a week) but the second time only 2-3 months (same use)!! Idk what happened but rn I haven't bought another one cause I still get some leftovers from the FIRST product lol. I seriously don't know what happened with the second, maybe it was faulty but I pay 21 euros for an eyeliner cause I expect it to last for quite some time... Will probably buy it for the 3rd time just to check if it lasts longer

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have oily eyelids, and deep set, watery eyes, so it’s hard to find a good liquid eyeliner. Esp one that doesn’t smudge & transfer onto eyelids. This black eyeliner does neither, and really stays put ! I don’t touch up during the day but could easily in a few seconds if I wish. This is very similar to the Stila Liquid Eyeliner which is equally as good. I love the packaging, compact, simple & no fidgeting or dipping. Draws really fine and precise. The wick is quite stiff & took a while to get used to at first. I prefer this to dip pots, it’s cleaner, gives the perfect amount and doesn’t clump your eyelashes together. It also lasted sooo long.. like the Stila mine ran out after 6 months of daily use!!! My only complaint is the price. Sure it’s a very good eyeliner that stays put ..But seriously NZ $28???

on 8/3/2018 10:50:00 PM

i liked this a lot, easy to use but it transfers onto my lid which is rlly annoying. and it dried up in one month which was a major no for me. i paid $25 in canadian money, it shouldn’t dry up that fast for what i paid for

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had SUCH high hopes for this!!!! After practically being told it was indestructible, and could endure heat, oil and sweat like no other, I was sooo hyped up to buy this for the summer as I can never really use eyeliner in the summer as it smudges off thanks to my oily lids.
Literally within the first hour of applying it, it had already started to break up and smudge just like all the other felt tip & liquid liners (drugstore) that I've used priorly. I was SO disappointed. So I've been trying it again and again, (setting my lids with powder etc) and it still hasn't lived up to its hype. I shouldn't have to go the extra mile to make it work I feel. Additionally, it isn't as pitch black as I'd hoped either, I definitely have to use multiple layers to get the right opacity. That seriously wouldn't have been an issue if the liner had actually lasted longer than an hour on me :(
Now I have to go back to using my drugstore liquid liners which, for the price point, actually last a lot better than this one. I'm so gutted because I love the KvD lipsticks for their longevity, but alas not this.

on 7/14/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I held off on buying this for the longest time, because I just couldn't justify in my head spending $20 on just EYELINER. I've used liquid black liner from E.L.F. in the past, but now that I've tried this, I can never go back to drugstore. It's THAT good. I'm a simple person nowadays with makeup. I only now use eyebrow filler, mascara, liner, and concealer on a normal day

on 7/8/2018 5:34:00 PM

I bought the eyeliner due to the great reviews on Sephora. It’s one of my favorite eyeliners so far. It really stays and only comes off if I use a cotton swab and micellar water. I have bought some dupes to save money but I haven’t tried anything else except L’Oréal and that one is good too. I’ve read that NYX makes a good dupe too. I just bought the new liner from Fenty this weekend and have yet to try it. It’s the same price and the reviews are just as good for that one as the Kat Von D.

on 7/6/2018 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this it’s so easy to use and stays on while I’m working