Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.3

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

on 3/26/2016 12:34:00 PM

My HG product. I always use this after getting out of the shower and before blow drying. A little goes a very long way- I just spray once on the left, once on the right, and once in the back. If you use too much it will get greasy, but with just the right amount it makes my hair feel perfect. Super super soft and lightweight. I definitely notice a difference when I'm on vacation and don't have it- my hair feels like straw without this product. The smell is a little off-putting for me but I look past that because it's such a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have really long hair. I find most heat protectors leave a residue in my hair. This wasn't the case with this product. I love how evenly it "mists" out of the bottle. The smell could be better, but if it works well, then who cares. I can't smell it on my hair anyways.. Would highly recommend this!

the smell of this is so strong, it turns my stomach. it smells absolutely horrible. worst smelling product i have ever encountered, i had to throw it away

Love love love this!! I have fine thin hair so I needed some protection while straightening to help my hair. This is perfect! Makes my hair feel healthy and soft! I spray it on the bottom 2/3rds of my hair. I try very hard not to get any product about my ears or it will look a little greasy! Defiantly recommend and will repurchase

on 6/17/2013 7:57:00 PM

I think this is saving my hair. My hair has recently been very dry and damaged. I had used this before and really liked it but purchased another brand when I ran out. This is probably one of if not THE BEST heat protection spray I have every tried and I have tried a lot. It infuses the hair with a nice shine which most sprays don't seem to accomplish. While nothing is a miracle product, this product is excellent. I have thick, wavy Caucasian hair which I flat iron every day. My hair is not extremely long, but with this product, I think it will save me a few haircuts since my hair looks much healthier. My split ends are much more manageable. I don't consider it very heavy but it may be too much for someone with fine or thin hair. I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 3/11/2013 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite hair protection spray. I hated it when I first used it because I was spraying it directly onto my hair and using too much. Instead, I spray it onto my palms and stroke it through my hair. It leaves my hair healthy and shiny.

on 10/26/2012 11:45:00 AM

Was looking for a spray heat protectant that I could use on dry hair, as I wash one day and flat iron the next day. (I've heard that hair is stronger and can better face flat ironing this way....could be true).

As others have said, this could be horribly oily if you use too much. And what you need is very very VERY little. Fortunately the sprayer delivers a fine mist, but it is still hard to cover your hair and not overuse. Even with minimal use (one puff per section, so about 8 for my whole head of thick, long hair) it felt oily before flat ironing. However that seemed to disappear after running the iron thru. It left my hair super-shiny and silky after ironing, in fact the way my hair looked (years ago) when I had my virgin hair flat-ironed. Shockingly soft and shiny in fact.

But I cannot emphasize enough: use as little as you can to cover your hair, and avoid roots. At the rate it gets used it will last forever. So yes, I would repurchase, but with the miniscule amount needed I doubt I will have to repurchase in years.

(For reference my hair is thick, below shoulder length, slightly wavy and slightly dry from hair color correction)

on 8/6/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this at Sallys as a free gift with my renewal membership. I am so glad I chose this!

My hair is super fragile, very thin and very fine. I can't heat style my hair everyday because my hair gets damaged too easily.

I spray lightly RIGHT after I get out of the shower, right after I squeeze water out of my hair, I noticed that when my hair is really wet, products work better. Some products tend to stick to my hair when I apply products on my towel dried hair.

The smell is better than I thought, and I have actually grown to like it. At first it smells sort of chemically/nail polishy-but really its more like an Oceanic/Aquatic scent. I'm wondering if Redken Natures Rescue Sea Spray smells like this...very oceany...kind of like coolwater but not exactly.

Anyways, the results..my hair is really silky!! Like WAY soft and smooth, and it almost seems like the hotter your hair gets, the softer it gets, soo weird. I'm not sure about the longterm use of this, as I'm still hesitant to style my hair everyday. Anyways, I like this stuff! I'm keepin it!

on 7/14/2012 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for at least a few years now and it's the only heat protectant spray I use. Like other people have said, it does tend to feel a bit oily if you use too much of it, but what I do is spray it lightly around my hair holding it at least a few inches away and then I brush through my hair. It makes my hair feel very soft and smooth, and I would recommend this product to anyone.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this product. It can be VERY greasy if you use too much(I found out the hard way) so i would recommend spraying it on your hand then running your hand through your hair. The smell is okay. You either love it or hate it. But i would definitely recommend buying this.

Popular Styling Products