Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
image 1image 2image 3

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 7/20/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right product to effectively get rid of acne but for the price, and the amount its does it sort of a good job of cleansing the pores.

Very gentle on the skin, and does exactly what it claims to do : does not dry out your skin. I use it in the mornings but the nighttime I use a cleanser that is bit more tougher and hardcore.

It has a pump so its easy to squirt and apply on your skin. I'm not a big fan of the consistency. I wish it was more thicker and less slippery but its do-able. The great thing about this product is it has plenty of the product! You're spending less for more. Mine lasted for 2-3 months.

on 7/16/2016 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of the few cleansers that actually keeps my skin clear, although this is probably better suited for combo to oily skin, which I have. Being summer, I need the extra cleansing power. Removes makeup easily, and a little goes a long way. I love the fragrance. The bottle is fine, and the price is fair. In the morning, I follow with Olay's SPF 15 for sensitive skin lotion, which I also highly recommend. At night, I follow with Clean & Clear's orange toner. I have noticed my skin is less oily with this pairing of products, which is always a plus. Would repurchase.

To Read all 966 Reviews, Login or Join

This is my favorite drug free wash. Works very well at cleansing, without medicine. Sometimes my face will get very dry during the winter time and I don't want salicylic acid on my face which would further dry it. This works [perfect as a makeup remover at night or refresher in the morning. So inexpensive I had to give it a perfect score of a 5/5 because I like it that much

I consider this a sub par, ghetto wash. Doesn't do anything for me and there are FAR better products on the market out there than this. Not a great product at all. ..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product in order to clear my acne and within the first week of using it I was seeing improvements however after that time I started to see no difference in my skin and now after persisting with the product for a month I am certain that this product is what has broken me out even more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lately, I have been getting a couple little breakouts on my forehead from sweat because I play sports. I honestly thought this product would be great for little breakouts and stuff.. I went to Walmart and got it for $6.99. I started using it and washing my whole face really good, without harsh rubbing. A couple days later I noticed that I was getting two new pimples instead of losing some. Then today I woke up with a pimple on my cheek and literally screamed. I honestly feel this product is not great at all. Also, it leaves your face really dried out and you HAVE to have a good moisturizer or lotion.. I don't recommend to any sensitive or dry skin people. Really unhappy about this product.

It's okay. I see why a lot of people don't like it or downright hate it though. After 2 days of using it, the skin around my nose started burning and peeling off. The skin around my cheeks also became irritated but I found that slapping on some good moisturizer (I use one with Vitamin C in it) helps to ease the pain a little bit.

This cleanser is very clarifying. Think of this as a clarifying shampoo but for your face. It's not something you should use everyday if your face can't handle it. I still think it's quite good at removing dirt and oil, but I only use it for target cleansing in specific areas (i.e. I avoid areas that don't have acne or are too sensitive) after I've cleansed my entire face with a mild cleanser.

The small milia and dark spots in my problem areas have reduced significantly since I started using this a week ago. I don't experience irritation as long as I avoid my acne-free spots. It's good if you have the patience to use it and a good moisturizer to restore balance to your skin.

on 2/25/2016 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Horrible product. Broke me out after just using it for two days!!!! Not worth the money

Do not buy this if you have sensitive skin!!!! I had alot of acne and i heard this stuff could clear up acne so i decided to try it. After around 3 uses, my normally oily skin was dry and peeling! And my acne had gone nowhere!! I had to stop using all my acne products and start using oils on my face to get it back to normal. It was so bad i couldn't wear makeup without it burning!

I have very acne prone skin and I have tried almost every acne product out there (including expensive ass proactive) just for nothing to work.
this product was no exception either. It dried out my skin and did nothing for my acne. The one thing that it did was make my acne flaky and more irritated and It broke me out even more.