2.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

This cleanser was recommended to me by a dermatologist. I was scared at first to try it because of the reviews that claim that it is too drying so i started to use it only in the evening. I have combination skin with large pores and a lot of texture. Neutrogena does a very good job cleaning the pores and refining the texture. After one bottle i felt that the little bumps were all gone. The trick with this washer is to use a good moisturizer after it. When my skin was still dump i used the neutrogena hydro boost gel cream and on top of that a thicker moisturizer ( in my case the weleda skin food light). After the fist bottle i did not buy another one to let my skin a little break, but the texture came back like before. I started my second bottle and my skin never looked better.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

9 months ago

I am really loving this wash. I do not have to use a makeup removing cloth before using this. It does a really good job of cleaning out your pores. Just one swipe of a toner/micellar water after this and I am good to put on my moisturizer/serums etc. I also noticed that my skintone is looking a lot more even since I started using this. Brown/red spots are fading away.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 months ago

I wanted this to work so badly. I first diluted it with neutrogena’s foaming cleanser to slowly accomodate my skin to it. After a few uses, there was no effect on my skin so I decided to try it on its own. It left my skin very dehydrated and all the plumpness was gone! Because my skin was so damaged, it made me even more susceptible to acne. It took me a few weeks to recover...sigh! I did end up finding a decent use for this product. My scalp is very flaky, it feels very dry and oily at the same time. Adding one pump of this into my shampoo has left my scalp feeling calm and the flakes are gone!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

a year ago

This is terrible the salicylic acid dries out my skin worse than raw black soap and then I get bumps because my face becomes drier. I have oily / combination acne prone skin.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBrown

a year ago

Overdrying. Will strip all the oils from your skin causing dehydrated skin and acne. Stay away from this stuff. Hopefully I can help someone here who may be suffering from bad skin that’s not due to hormones. I had great skin throughout my 20’s and I used nothing but gentle makeup wipes to take makeup off. In the shower just rinse my face with water if I sweated. Sometimes I never even wet my face in the shower so to not dry my face out. I live in New York where the winters are brutal. I got compliments on my skin. I hit 30 years old and decided I should “start taking care of my skin” prevent aging, etc.. boy did I make a mistake. Cleaners, even gentle dried the heck out of my skin. Moistures break me the fudge out. Non comedogenic moisturizers dried me out. Oil cleansers, wtf was I thinking for my acne prone skin. Basically, For the past year I have tried quite a few products and ended up going from great skin to being an active dermatologist patient. My skin is finally going back to normal after I’ve stopped trying new products and stop trying to fix my problems with products. My advice, keep skincare/makeup minimal, use a gentle makeup wipe or bidoerma micellar water to remove makeup. Let your skin heal itself if you are suffering from breakouts. Most acne treatments only irritate the crap out of your skin anyways and just worsens the skin condition. Always Check your ingredients on cosdna or skincarisma or Beautypedia. Sometimes less is more for some people.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

My holy grail cleanser which I have been using for over 15 years for acne-prone skin. I use this twice a day. To prevent dryness, I wet my face and pump once and dilute with some water to let it foam up before cleansing my face. To some extent, it does not fully cure acne but helps to control it. But do not leave too long on face and try to wash it off shortly after application on the face, if not irritation may be experienced. I use this cleanser with a retinol (alternate tretinoin/differin at night) and a vit c serum in the morning. This product is value worthy for money though I wish the packaging was in a non-transparent bottle. A good cleanser for oily, acne-prone skin which I highly recommend.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

Dries skin out. Abrasive

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I went through 2 bottles of this before writing a review. In my experience it’s okay at reducing acne but was also over drying in my case, even with the oily combination acne prone skin that I have.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I bought this for the 2% salicylic acid content. Since it was on sale I decided to try this rather than re-purchasing the Neutrogena body clear body wash, which is my usual go-to salicylic soap. I paid $10 for 177 mL on sale and to my dismay discovered that the pump was broken. I don’t know if it does anything to help with my breakouts. It doesn’t make my skin feel smooth or especially clean - mainly just dry. It's fragranced, which isn’t particularly pleasant or necessary. I’ll finish using this on my body but definitely won’t re-purchase.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Fine

EyesOther

2 years ago

I feel like it's very overdying to the point where your face is tight to talk. I'm not sure how the aloe comes in for that matter.. About 2 hours later and throughout the day after using the cleanser & serum , my skin is very very oily! I'm assuming to compensate for the extreme dryness, therefore still resulting in pimples :/ I'm going to ride it out until it's done becuase I don't want to waste . However this is not my favourite and I'm positive I'll find a holy frail face wash. It does however get rid if all your makeup, which is a great plus:) ( I use coconut oil first and then the face wash )

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral