Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
Oil-Free Acne WashOil-Free Acne WashNo Title

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 7/16/2017 1:59:00 AM

I'm not sure why this is so underrated, because it worked tremendously for my acne prone skin! But i do think there is a trick to using this product.

I love the packaging, the pump makes it a lot easier for you to control how much you need.

As mentioned, i have acne/blemish prone, slightly sensitive skin. I used to have oily combo skin type, but i'm on accutane right now due to clogged pores because i have used the wrong makeup product (STAY AWAY FROM NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION!!!), and has transitioned to slightly dry skin type at the moment. However, i am still using this cleanser, and it has greatly helped in clearing the acne out!

For this particular cleanser, you can't use too much of it, otherwise it will dry out your skin too much and cause the flakiness since it has salicylic acid inside. You just need to use LESS THAN HALF A PUMP! (at least that's how much i used and it worked for me) With that small amount, it will create a lot of foam and bubbles and lather it onto your face.

When i had oily combo skin type this helped to curb my acne tremendously, and my face was completely clear, other than having that time of the month. If my face felt too tight or dry, i'd just lather on slightly more moisturizer and did the trick.

Even as i have transitioned to slightly dry skin now, this does the trick. I just pack on more moisturizer and pat into my skin to lock the moisture. My face has almost zero red spots and has started to clear up more (because of the clogged pores my acne started to rise, and this product helped to reduce the redness)

All in all i think its a great product, i have repurchased 3 bottles and i don't think i can ever find another product like this....at a drugstore price!

I think the trick for this product to work for your skin is actually the amount of product you need to dispense, because everyone's skin reacts differently even though the skin type might be the same. Just a small amount will work wonders.

It has been a life changing product for me. I highly recommend it for acne prone users.

Hope this has helps!

on 4/21/2017 9:47:00 AM

This product is way over hyped. I bought to use for body acne because it was cheap and I thought it would help. The texture is a gel consistency, but its very hard to spread around, it kind of just clumps and doesn't spread out.

It did not work for me, in fact, it made me break out! It also made my boyfriend break out. We used about half the bottle and threw the rest away. Very drying and hurts you more than helps you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the only face wash I've found so far that has really cleared up my skin. I have oily, acne prone skin and my pores used to get so clogged and I'd have a lot of pimples all over my face (both smaller ones and big under the skin ones) but once I started using this face wash it really cleared my skin up. I still get a few blackheads and pimples, but they are so much better than they used to be and this face wash keeps it under control. The one thing I will say is that because of the salicylic acid, it can dry your skin out a bit. So I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry skin, or using the wash more than twice a day, and always make sure to moisturise afterwards (which you should be doing anyway, even if your skin is oily).

on 11/28/2016 11:08:00 AM

Amazing product,I had small pimples,really cleared my skin and keeps it totally oil free,may dry your skin too much though.

on 11/22/2016 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I read the other reviews and I absolutely agree with them. It does nothing to clear breakouts or blemishes and makes skin super dry and flaky. I'd rather use Neutrogena pink grapefruit acne scrub.

i used it three times a day last week for only one day,
face got dry after the second wash but I didnt mind because i thought that was the way it went
after the third wash (at night) I kept scratching my face while i was trying to go to sleep.
when i woke up, my face was all itchy, and SWOLLEN but it was still soft. this happened for about 3 days. the swollen - ness then went down but it left my face so FLAKY AND DRY that no matter how much i exfoliated, it was still dry and it rather hurt after exfoliating. This went on for about 5 days until I bought dry oatmeal to exfoliate my face with. It went away in about 4 days but I was left with a few pimples.. probably from the irritation from the previous exfoliation with other stuff. my skin is okay now. NEVER BUYING IT AGAIN .

I have oily skin by the way and ive never been irritated with any products other than this one.

on 9/12/2016 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't know. I used it several times but always ends with my skin getting dry. I feel my face getting so tight and dry. I need to apply some moisturizer after that. Really I won't purchase it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use this mostly in the summer to mop up excess oil on my face. I wanted something with 2% SA and this seamed like a good choice. I use it a few times a week alternating between my Spectro Gel. Works well. My oily skin feels drier and soft. I've never had any skin reactions to it. But not a product to use everyday even if you have bad acne. I can see why people say it made their skin too dry. Few times a week it's good. Sometimes I mix a few drops of No.7 micro scrub in it to really get the blackheads off my nose. Cheap and effective in my books.

on 7/20/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right product to effectively get rid of acne but for the price, and the amount its does it sort of a good job of cleansing the pores.

Very gentle on the skin, and does exactly what it claims to do : does not dry out your skin. I use it in the mornings but the nighttime I use a cleanser that is bit more tougher and hardcore.

It has a pump so its easy to squirt and apply on your skin. I'm not a big fan of the consistency. I wish it was more thicker and less slippery but its do-able. The great thing about this product is it has plenty of the product! You're spending less for more. Mine lasted for 2-3 months.

This is my favorite drug free wash. Works very well at cleansing, without medicine. Sometimes my face will get very dry during the winter time and I don't want salicylic acid on my face which would further dry it. This works [perfect as a makeup remover at night or refresher in the morning. So inexpensive I had to give it a perfect score of a 5/5 because I like it that much