3.7

$47.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

I LOVE this foundation. At my age, I don't want anything too heavy, and yet I like to look polished. The coverage and finish is beautiful. It looks sheer on the skin but it covers like a medium coverage foundation. It evens out minor imperfections nicely and makes me look polished without looking heavily made up. You can't see it on my skin, but it just evens everything out. I finish it off with a light dusting of Laura Mercier loose powder and just LOVE the end result. The trick to applying this is to apply it in light coats and build up to the coverage you like rather than slathering a whole bunch on at once. It melds with the skin beautifully if you do it this way. Also, be sure you shake the bottle well first. I apply it with my fingers, which is what the instructions suggest. I apply it sparingly and use tiny circular motions and then lots of patting with my fingertips to buff it out perfectly. The MA suggested the Radiant foundation for me instead of this one, saying it would work better with my dry skin. Well, she was WRONG. I sampled that one and found it not at all satisfactory. My color is Deauville. It's considered a neutral shade. For me, it looked a tad too yellow on first application, but it really blends in well with the skin and looks absolutely gorgeous and natural. I realize now I've been using too many pinkish foundations that match my overtones instead of my undertones. Deauville matches my overtones. Beautiful! If you have normal to dry skin and want something that looks sheer on the skin and yet offers more medium coverage, give this a shot. If you have very oily skin, you probably won't like it. It might end up sliding off your face after a few hours. If your skin is combo, it's worth a shot but try to get a sample first to make sure it won't melt in your oily areas. If your skin is dry, you should definitely try this out. As for the packaging, I like the glass bottle, but Nars should have included a pump! You can buy one separately, but at this price point it should have been included. Shame on Nars for that.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

a year ago

I've been using this foundation almost daily for about a month now. I found a great colour match for myself which is a huge bonus (I'm neutral, slightly yellow/olive leaning and use Ceylan). NO oxidizing thankfully which is super important! Finish is natural and just slightly dewy. As someone who can get shiny I used to only go for matte finish but I realized this looks so much more natural and a touch of powder can combat any shine. So definitely love the natural look of this. Other thing I like is the coverage which is truly buildable. This is super important because some areas of my face I really don't need coverage but I still like to have a very light layer just so everything blends. I have some pigmentation on my chin/temples from acne and I can get away with stippling/layering just the foundation and no concealer. You still need concealer for actual breakouts or if you have lots of redness though. Staying power is quite good, no primer and after several hours I might want a touch up but with primer it lasts me no problem, the coverage holds and no flaking/caking/movement. In terms of liquid foundations I'd repurchase, it isn't necessarily better than others I've tried but it's one of the few that is a good colour match without me having to mix shades. Only negative I have is the LACK OF PUMP! Agh... honestly that is a huge turn-off for me but I guess it's good enough I'll look past it. Overall would recommend if you're looking for light to medium coverage and a natural look. This is NOT a heavy duty foundation and will not cut it if you want to cover a lot of active breakouts or have skin concerns that you need to work with. Also wouldn't recommend for very oily skin types.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

A year or two ago, I bought this in Santa Fe. Nars has a lot of colors, but the MUA and I decided this was the most flattering. Not a "perfect" match for my very pale face, but a nice kiss of the sun. Subtle, so it works well, even in winter. Unfortunately after using that one a few months, I decided it just didn't work for me. It seemed so fake! You know those women who are just wearing too much makeup? Yeah, that was me. So sad. The reason was not the foundation but the application method: t that time, I was using a brush to apply foundation. But it took me months to learn that. So I put the bottle in my reject drawer and started using foundation that was a "perfect match" for my fair skin. Unfortunately, same problem only worse. Now my face looked like I was wearing a death masque. THEN I discovered the Beauty Blender (it should be obvious by now that I'm a slow learner). So I pulled out good old Nars, applied with BB, and wow, perfect! Nars foundation is thicker than many, and needs to be applied sparingly. At first I was using two pumps, then graduated to just one. On a good day, it's pretty airbrushed looking. IMHO. The response from friends and others has been very complimentary. Not only does this look good, but it truly lasts all day. Definitely two thumbs up!

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

i have oily skin- this oxidised dramatically

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

a year ago

I did a lot of research on this product before I bought it, it was said to be oil free and non comedogenic. I have been using the foundation on and of for a year now and it hasn’t caused any breakouts however without a decent amount of powder this foundation slides and basically loses all coverage (due to my oily skin) even with power it depsmt hide the oil and only last for about 2hrs (with powder). If feel this foundation is better suited for those with combination or dry skin type. One thing I did like about the foundation was the coverage, it’s definitely medium-full and it covered any blemishes or imperfections. So I would buy it again mainly for that reason.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

1.0

a year ago

The packaging has no pump and the foundation is too expensive for this kind of packaging. The was matched to Deauville but it was not olive enough for me. I found it cakey. Really disliked.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

1.0

a year ago

I like nothing about this. Hardly covers anything and it is definitely not glowy! Too bad I paid so much for it. I had great expectations from this.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Medium

2.0

a year ago

I really wanted this product to work as I had seen good reviews. Sadly, perhaps because of my age (66) It dried my skin and looked flakey. I use loads of moisturiser every day and use Cetaphil to clean my skin. I never use soap or water on my face. Of course, there isn’t a 1 brand fits all of any product so I will go back to my Ordinary cheap foundation! It is very subtle and always looks natural, but every now and again I like to try something different. I love the excitement of trying new makeup but usually end up sticking with my usual brands that just happen to be in the lower price ranges!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

This is something I'd wanted to try for a while, so one payday I took the plunge. I wish I could say that I was more impressed than I was...I think on balance I prefer Radiant Longwear but this is goodie summer when you don't want or need more than the lightest coverage. I does give a nice glow but I really think that I'll stick with the Nars Tinted Moisturiser instead for light make up days, as I find that it lasts longer. Nothing wrong with this but nothing so special that I'd make it a staple... EDIT: so... a couple of months on from my original review, I have to say that I’ve changed my mind on this. I love it! On days when Radiant Longwear feels too much on my skin, this is perfect. If I’m very tired (which is a lot, lately), this is a perfect thing - gives good glow without any cakiness...though I’d still recommend applying a couple of thin layers to achieve maximum awake-looking skin!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

Ma fondation favvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv jamais! Il est super léger mais très couvert. Ça laisse une belle finition. C'est comme une finition satinée mais pas trop lumineuse au point que votre visage semble gras. J'ai la peau grasse / mixte et je n'ai aucun problème avec les huiles qui viennent ou qui collent aux taches sèches. C'est un peu cher mais cela en vaut vraiment la peine. J'ai essayé beaucoup de fondations et aucune d'entre elles ne se compare à celle-ci. Je suggère à chacun d'obtenir un échantillon chez Sephora et de voir la magie se produir

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium