3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

Unfortunately this product settled into the fine lines around my eyes in a way that has never happened with any other foundation before. It looked so terrible I needed to wash it off halfway through the day. The shade deauville also oxidized about two shades on my face and ended up looking orange after a few hours.. a real shame as I know this works for so many other people!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

from

a year ago

My new favourite foundation. I’ve had this now for nearly three weeks and love it. I thought Armani’s Luminous silk was great, but I have to say this is better on my skin. This is superb for maturing, drier ( slightly dehydrated) skin if you are like me. I have fine lines and my pores aren’t too noticeable and even less so, when I use this. I use a beauty blender and it dries down beautifully, to a ‘soft focus’type finish, I would say. It never cakes and stays looking really good still, until I remove it, which is the real test for me. I get minimal wear off on my chin and around my nose, but I wear reading glasses at work so I expect that. I’m a fair light neutral tone and chose ‘Deauville’ which is a good match for me. I do see a very slight oxidation on my skin a few seconds after applying it, but the foundation is light enough to take it well. I mark this lower for the packaging though. For some reason it doesn’t come with a pump. I didn’t realise this, but within a week I purchased one, because you can’t use it really without. When the pump arrives, you can’t use the Lid. Really Nars? It’s bad enough having to buy a pump, but it looks cheap and horrible without a lid, like I lost it or something. It lets it down badly. The pump is lockable though, so I suppose that’s something, but I have no idea why they would do this. I’d buy it again in a heartbeat though ( and re use the pump).

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

Skin type: Dehydrated/ sensitive/ mild acne/ moderate oily t-zone. Coverage: Light-medium buildable. Pros: Easily buildable Great for most skin types Blurs textural issues- pores, wrinkles Great colour selection Gentle on skin Easy to apply Cons: Packaging Oxidises... I recommend testing with your chosen setting powder. Although not cheap, fairly priced for an overall well performing high end foundation.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

First of all, I want to say that I have been on a two-year quest to find the perfect foundation for me. I am very conscientious about coverage but demand a natural looking foundation that enhances my skin, not lays in it and looks like a cakey mess. I also have a hard-to-match tone which is olive but with rosy undertones. Go figure because it’s kind of an oxymoron right there. I read up on the Nars Sheer Glow and decided to head to Ulta and test it out. Well, I found that Barcelona is literally the exact match for my skin tone and this foundation is a dream!! Creamy texture yet never greasy or oily. Covers really well but is buildable so for me, I like a light application. What floored me about this foundation was the appearance of it. The name suits it well. It is a matte look but not like you’d expect. It does have “glow” but it the way you want it to be which is a natural and soft finish that resembles clean, hydrated skin. Not greasy yet not flat and chalky which a lot of true matte formulas tend to look like on me. I battle an oily T-zone and especially on the forehead. I use Kat VonD Lock-It loose powder to set the Nars foundation and I will also blot with this if needed throughout the day. I live in South Florida which is humidity city so no one here will ever escape the heat or humidity factor. The foundation had a wide range of colors and Barcelona was the one that literally was a perfect match for me. The feeling of it once it’s on is light and I really couldn’t tell I had foundation on. It blends well and I use a little bit of a primer from Benefit called “That Girl” to highlight cheekbones and brighten up my base tone of my skin prior to applying the Nars Sheer Glow. I will also say that I have mot experienced break-outs or pimples of any kind while using this. Believe me, I would know because my skin will have a melt-down within days if the wrong foundation formula is used. With this....so far, so good. No issues and no crazy problems. The only suggestion I would have about this makeup is that Nars needs to redo the packaging and put this in a pump bottle. It would then be 100% perfection if that were to happen as I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t have that feature. I am going to keep using the Nars Sheer Glow and I think I finally found my top pick of foundation after two years of trying everything under the sun....literally, everything. Try this one. If you are super picky like me and have temperamental skin, this could be THE ONE!!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

3.0
from

a year ago

I have tried what seems like hundreds of foundations over the years and have found a few that I like. But nothing that ticked every box. Plus, as my skin has changed from oily combination to dry combination and quite dehydrated now I am in my 30s, the matte formulas I preferred before just aren’t flattering any more. I can still get a bit of an oily nose during the day but nothing at all like I did when I was in my teens/20ms. I tried the all day luminous and natural radiant longwear by nars and both were just AWFUL on me. They Transferred badly, accentuated pores and lines and just looked a mess. I did not have any intention of trying sheer glow after trying those, but my friend gave me a bottle which she had bought for herself and the shade didn’t match her. I have honestly never used a more flattering foundation. Everything about it is perfection. It covers my hyperpigmentation, doesn’t sink into lines or pores and lasts beautifully all day. It just looks like good skin. The only problem I have with this is after a few days of use I end up with lots of whiteheads and congested skin, this seems to happen to me with all nars products. For this reason I wouldn’t repurchase but it’s a huge shame as I love it so much.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

2.0

a year ago

I really wanted to like this but it wears off quickly. I don’t have terribly high expectations for my foundation but by mid morning this has worn off. I also didn’t notice any luminosity, whick is another reason I purchased. And although it isn’t necessarily sheer coverage, I just found that this doesn’t do a good job of covering my rosacea.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

a year ago

I find there are drugstore foundations that do the exact same thing as this one (Revlon CS for example). The shade range for light skintones is however what made me want to try this one. There is nothing quite similar to Siberia on the market in my opinion, but ultimately, you can use a foundation lightener to lighten your own foundations. It has quite a strange touch to it when you apply, almost like a sunscreen, quite thick and grainy, but it doesn't feel thick on the skin, so it's not a huge problem. I don't know where the glow is, I'm very dry and this is a satin-finish on my skin with medium coverage. If I had the financial possibility to use this daily, I would, but I cant.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I tried samples of this many years ago, but didn't purchase it though I liked it. The issue was finding the correct shade. This time around same problem. I'm NC 20-25, C2. I don't like any peach or pink in my foundation so this is the challenge with SG. I ordered Ceylan on line since I didn't try this shade b4. Last go round it was Punjab & Figi. Ceylan matched my undertone PERFECT, but was a tad litter than usual. I got a sample of Fiji to try try again and see if I was going to exchange it for that. knowing that it probably wasn't going to be quite right I also got a sample of Tahoe thinking I could add a few drops into ceylan and make it perfect. Adding just a small amount of Tahoe did exactly what I thought in match me perfectly!! out of curiosity I put Fiji on today... Absolutely not! In comparison to some of the pink or Shades Fiji appears yellow but when you match it next to a true yellow Foundation it's very Peach. The texture of Sheer Glow is beautiful! It definitely isn't sheer but moderate coverage appearing light, with a skin like look. Also, not dewy or glowy, more semi matte, satin on my skin and I'm oily combination. I've only used it for 2 days but it wore like a long last foundation on me with no separation or settling. I read many blogs of techniques on applying it. Many suggest the Sigma F80 ,which is my favorite for applying other foundations. Sure enough this applied it beautifully for me. If you love the foundation and are a light - med yellow like me and color selection has held you back try the method of adding just a few drops of Tahoe. When I compared it to Figi it was so evident to see how orange Figi is. Ceylan has the perfect yellow base. I ordered it from a reputable seller on eBay and noticed Nars, neither Sephora or Ulta carry that color, but Bloomingdale's does. Maybe it's just out of stock but I hope it's never discontinued. It's definitely one of the best foundations on the market IMO. Depending on the coverage I want Mac F&B and ELDW are my other favorites. I think Sheer Glow wins out to Double Wear for texture and finish for a more skin like look.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I have dry sensitive skin and I am almost 50 so I have to be careful with what I put on my face. I have tried so many foundations and I really love this one. This gives me perfect coverage – enough without being too heavy. I wear hourglass veil mineral primer underneath and it goes on beautifully. I use this as an every day foundation and I find that it doesn’t accentuate pores or fine lines. It has a lovely luminous finish, almost like a second skin. The only thing is that it doesn’t last all day. I work in an office and by 5pm my face definitely needs a touch up around my nose and chin. And at this price it should come with a pump. (Very cheeky NARS!) But I still love it and I just purchased my second bottle.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

NARS Sheer Glow foundation is unbeatable when it comes to the finish and the way it blends beautifully. It is a thin consistency but will build up very well so long as you wait a few minutes in between layers for it to get tacky. Dry skin women/men will *love* this, once it sets it looks so glowy and healthy on the skin. Oily skin women/men like me-- use a mattifying primer on the oilier areas of your face! It won't look as glowy on the skin initially especially after powdering but after a few hours of wear it will look just as awesome. I personally use the Fenty beauty primer. It wears nicely throughout the day although it does have the tendency to transfer/slide a bit so be careful with the white clothing. I love the finish on my skin enough (sometimes a girl gets tired of having matte skin all the time) to just deal with it. All peoples: shake shake shakeeee this foundation before you apply on the skin. I also recommend everyone use a pore-filling primer. For some reason this foundation does tend to accentuate texture and pores on me and my sister but its nothing unmanageable. I get an airbrush finish when I use a dense foundation brush to really buff it in my primed skin. Overall a great foundation.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age19-24