3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

I recently had a makeover with a Sephora artist where she matched me up with this foundation. It looked pretty good in the store so I purchased a bottle. As I got to the car and settled into my seat I checked out my makeup in the mirror and saw that my face had melted and settled into my pores. This was not a good start to our relationship. I didn't get discouraged at first; I figured it wasn't compatible with the primer, went home and washed my face and redid my makeup and it looked ok. I do find the tint is too pale for me, even if my neck is pale I disagree with foundation completely matching with my neck (hello 90's look) but that's not the foundation's problem that's on the makeup chick. The foundation is easy to apply with my brush, at first it looks nice although too dewy for my taste but after a few hours it just disappears. After some experimentation I found out what makes it melt off and settle into tiny dots all over my face - it's not at all compatible with any kind of makeup setting spray. I tried several with the same humiliating result. Yes, I wait enough time between my layers. Really, there is nothing to like about this foundation and it just sits on my vanity unused. They can't even be bothered to include a pump with the bottle, at the price they're selling it Nars should be ashamed of themselves. I much prefer my Bobbi Brown foundation over this stuff and would never buy Nars sheer Glow again.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

It was very hard to blend. I tried sponge, brush, fingers. Nothing helped. It gave me the dreaded white spotted pores. Primer didn’t make a difference. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you already have poreless perfect skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0
from

2 years ago

I bought this product to try out as I’ve heard many people rave about how good it was. I was not impressed with this at all. The coverage was extremely light & although I prefer light coverage, I would have been better off purchasing a $12 skin tint from the drug store. Besides being too thin and having no coverage whatsoever, this foundation does not blend well. It suggest to use your fingers to blend it out but that is unhygienic and it still looks extremely cakey, no matter how much I used. I will not be purchasing this foundation again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Good quality make up. long lasting and durable.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I love this stuff. I’ve been using it for years. It makes my face look great. The colour range is good for us paler people, the coverage is good and looks natural, and the staying power is excellent. I am grateful that I stocked up since Nars is no longer cruelty free and I will not but their products. Now this is only used for special ocassions and I use idun minerals or trish mcevoy otherwise.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I've been experimenting with foundations since I was a girl. From the drug store to the department store, it has always been a guessing game with color matching and at least one or more compromises in terms of color, formula, and finish. Which is why I'm so very grateful to Sephora for having a color match system to help the process and to Nars for introducing the Vallauris color for Medium skin with pink undertones. As a now middle-aged beauty junkie, I'm very picky with the formulas of foundations but it's also usually where you make your first compromise. Having used full bottles of both Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and Chanel Luminous Velvet Mattte in the last three years and loved them both for different reasons, I can tell you that this is more similar to GA LS in consistency and finish however it provides more coverage than GA LS. The wearability and feel of the foundation, however is more similar too Chanel LVM. All these foundations spread nicely with fingers and my Real Technique flat top stipple brush but for the NARS version, the fingers or a rubber makeup triangle proved to be the easiest way to go to get the Nars' promised finish, which is gorgeously natural almost like finish you get from the new Les Beiges from Chanel but way less shiny and not at all greasy like the Les Beiges. For the first time in my life, I wasn't compelled to reach for the setting powder after applying this foundation. I just loved how it looked after I stopped blending it and I quickly wiped off all my makeup from the other side of my face in Sephora JCP and put the Sheer Glow on everywhere. I later left the store with my new Holy Grail foundation, but I wasn't told that the pumps don't come with their foundation bottles and was a bit disappointed at home thinking about how messy this bottle was going to get without a pump. Stores should have pumps in stock though.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive

HairSilver

EyesViolet

2 years ago

This foundation is the REAL MVP!!! I've honestly lost count of how many times I've repurchased this product over the last 5 years. Every time I decide to try another foundation 'just to see' (and I've tried numerous) I always come back to sheer glow. My favourite things about this foundation are the consistency and build-ability. It's quite runny and feels very light on the skin, and the coverage on one application is light. But, layer this on 2-3 times and you'll actually get a very substantial medium (even verging on full) coverage, without looking cakey or dull. It's honestly a godsend for those with skin on the drier end of the scale who need varying levels of coverage (good skin times/bad skin times). I probably wouldn't recommend this for oily skin types or those with very dark scarring however. TLDR; I will purchase this foundation forever and ever and ever amen.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

I’m 63 w/combo skin with some breakouts and rosacea. I think I have a PhD in foundations. At this age, I want light layers that I can build if necessary and this works for me - but ONLY if you apply it the using the “NARS technique:” warm in hand, dab and massage. Start in the middle and work out. Beauty Blenders, brushes, even the Clarisonic foundation brush make it look like paint primer. But the warmth of your hand makes it break down. (Insert eye roll here.) I cocktail fair 1 & 2 and I actually get something that doesn’t look like foundation - just better skin. I use a q-tip to mix in my hand. And it takes me 5-ish minutes to get it on. So if you’re in a hurry, this isn’t for you. But for my older skin with fine lines, it looks as good as foundation is going to look. P.S. I use a boatload of sunscreen underneath and a spray of Smashbox primer then a spray of MAC Fix plus after.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This product is my new favourite foundation. I have always been a fan of fuller coverage matte foundations in the past, but as long as you don't have anything major to hide, (and even then, it has buildable coverage) this foundation looks like your natural skin, only a very better looking version. It's not cakey at all, it doesn't give that heavy 'so obvious it's makeup' look. And when it says sheer 'glow', it doesn't mean it leaves a shiny tint. If you like your face matte, just use a quick powder on top and you're all set. I love having a foundation option that looks amazing yet has buildable coverage and not very thick. Very nice texture and has good coverage on my skin. The only way it could be better is if you didn't have to purchase the pump seperately. Excellent foundation.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

3.0
from

2 years ago

I got this in ceylan 6 and i am nc20 in mac. Fiji 5 was too orange and a tiny darker for me. its light to medium coverage(1 pump) which i like because with one layer it covers my light acne scars. With 2 layers its medium to almost full coverage but it can get cakey. with acne it can be tough to cover with just foundation so its not a mask like full coverage but still helps with redness. Previously i was using the UD naked skin and i needed double layers of that to cover but it didnt look as skinlike as i prefer. Sheer glow did not cling to dry patches like the ud naked skin did. i use a beauty sponge with this and it works great. ive tried my fingers but i just dont like it personally because it didnt blend as well. It can oxidize a little on me but its not drastic On cosdna the sheer glow has less ingredients that cause acne and are less irritating than the other nars foundations. I picked this over the radiant full coverage foundation because its less drying. I get oily on my noise within 3 hours but my forehead actually stays dewy and skinlike til 5 hours. If i dont set my face it does break up and separate on mt chin and get very oily. It also looks a bit weird on my upper lip area. I set this with the nars translucent crystal powder. only downside is the oiliness and how its not long lasting on the skin after 4 to 5 hours so if you need a longwear and matte foundation this isnt for you. im so glad i tried even though i do have oily skin because its beautiful. You either get natural radiant finish that dont last or longwear and it being matte and drying and possibly cakey, there isnt one that delivers it all. This foundation tends to get lots of love and hate, i recommend getting a sample because i never thought id like this but i really have been wearing this and loving the look of it more and more. I only ever chose this to try because the ingredients being on the low side of acne causing. Cosdna searched a million foundations and all had so many horrible ingredients. This plus getting a pump was the best confidence booster for my acne prone acne scarred skin. Screw you hormones! Lol Edit I wore this for 8 hours in hot sweaty summer. It did get a bit cakey on my nose and chin. Fix plus from mac did help a bit. This does not last on the skin, Not as well as lets say estee lauder double wear but that one is a mask lol anyways im still in search for a better foundation but for now this will do. It just doesnt last in hot weather. Edit. Returned this. I much prefer Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 20beige.

About reviewer (425 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral