3.7

$47.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I've finally found my HG fnd, after believing such a thing didn't exist. I have combo leaning dry skin and this formula agrees with it perfectly. It makes my skin look dewey, but I don't look like a grease ball at the end of the day when my oils eventually breaks through. This provides just enough coverage to even out my skintone. The color mont blanc is the best skin match I've ever found. When I was testing it out in store, I swiped it over my cheek and it matched my tone, before I had even blended it in. I usually have the issue of fnds cracking and creasing in my smile lines that run from nose to mouth, no matter what I've primed with. Not so with this product and it's been a revelation! The only con I've found with this fnd is there's no pump, you have to buy it separately and I find that pretty annoying. $47usd and you can't even put a pump on it?!! Come on Nars... Besides that, this is still the best I've ever found. If you have fairly clear skin that leans dry this just might be perfect for you. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Just wish there was more pinky shades, I literally poured half of med 1.5 and med 2 in to one bottle. That gives me my closest match.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

This is a solid foundation. It's neither sheer nor glowy. It's medium-leaning-more-to-full coverage. I have oily skin and regularly use a primer and setting powder. This foundation holds up quite well, even in warm weather. I do have some shine/oil peeking through by the late afternoon, but nothing that I don't experience with other foundations. I think it applies well with both a beauty blender/other sponge, or a brush. It is very annoying that this foundation doesn't come with a pump and that I had to purchase the pump separately. I am not planning on purchasing this again because I'm finding that I'm liking lighter foundations, and this feels a little too heavy on my face.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

3.0

2 years ago

I really liked it, but since then, I've found a better option at <a href="https://www.sungracethailand.com/">Sungrace</a> with their Liquid White UV Foundation. In my opinion, it delivers more value for a better price, even more because it uses 100% natural ingredients. I really liked to use this foundation by NARS, but since I started experimenting with what Sungrace offers, I won't look back!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

My Shade: Deauville Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1. First of all, the name of this is quite misleading. This baby is not sheer and is only semi-glowy. However, this is a stunning medium-full coverage foundation with a satin finish. It applies nicely with both a damp sponge and a brush - which is great as you can use whatever you have on hand. A little goes a long way, which is good as the bottle is quite pricey. It applies easily and does not stick to any dry-patches or textured area. It sits nicely over a wide variety of primers and MAC Strobe Cream as well as bare skin. It wears well throughout the day, lasting around 8 hours. It is around the 8 hour mark I get some minor separating on my chin, however this is easily fixed with a damp sponge (no extra product needed). I am satisfied with how my skin looks at the end of the day when I wear this foundation. It lasts well through the heat and humidity also. I love this foundation and can see why it is a cult favourite - I highly recommend it!

About reviewer (740 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is my HG!! Been buying this for the last 7 years now. Throughout each year I'll go out and try several other foundations to see what they're like but I always go back to this one. It gives a lovely dewy finish. It's buildable depending on what type of coverage you feel like going for. It lasts all day and doesn't look cakey on dry skin. Yes there is no pump but don't let that put you off from buying this. Would highly recommend!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

2 years ago

This is my HG foundation. It lasts well on my oily skin & it looks so beautiful. I’d say this has medium coverage and I’m fine with that. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

2 years ago

I was looking for a lighter formula for warm weather. It is alcohol and fragrance free, buildable, has a large range of shades in pink, yellow and neutral based tones and a reasonable amount for the price for a premium foundation. It seems to last pretty well for several hours even in steamy weather with a primer first and finish with a talc based transparent powder and a finishing mist. I don't have a major t-zone problem or very noticeable pores and I only use foundation to even skin tone, using seperate concealers for under eye and age spots, so don't know how well it will cover imperfections when you build it up enough to really cover stuff up. It didn't show on my pores. I dotted it on using the amount I got by turning the bottle over 3 times on my thumb over the bottle opening, which isn't the most sanitary method (I need to buy the pump, which is why I gave it a low rating for packaging and lowered the overall rating). Once it was dotted around, I pressed it into my skin while spreading a bit with my fingers. Then I pressed a Beauty Blender dampened with a hydrating mist over my entire face. My skin is fair, neutral to yellow, probably NC15-20. Gobi, Light 3 is a good match. And, it looks equally good straight out of the bottle or mixed on the back of my hand with a drop of luminizer. For really steamy days, I skip the luminizer. I do wish this stuff came in a tube like KGD Manifashi, my winter fdtn of choice. The glass bottle is obviously something that needs decanting for travel.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is an okay foundation. Don't let the name fool you this stuff isn't glowy at all on my skin, it kind of emphasizes my pores too so I don't like to layer it. Anyhow this isn't a terrible foundation, it is has good coverage it covers all my pimples and hyper-pigmentation but since I didn't get a perfect color match it is a little light on my skin and makes me look kind of ashy. The price is up there and I dont think this foundation does anything different than a good drugstore foundation like maybelline fit me so I wouldn't repurchase it again, but then when I mix this with my Mac Face and Body to amplify the coverage it works really well so I stopped using this on its own and started mixing it, works well that way. A plus side of this foundation is the ingredients are cleaner than a drugstore foundation so it doesn't irritate my highly sensitive skin yey.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I've gone through a couple bottles of this over the years and it's good but not perfect. Lovely creamy finish, applies well with fingers, beautiful golden/yellow undertone options, and the coverage is buildable so you can sheer it out or layer up to medium coverage depending on how good your skin is at the moment. Two cons: the lack of a pump top (technically available separately but come on, this already costs $50) and the fact that the texture becomes clingy and powdery looking about six months in.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29