3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I was struggling with concealers, the ladies at Ulta suggested this because of my dry under eyes and wrinkles over the Tarte shape tape. I purchase a tube in 21.5 Medium Nude. I wanted a concealer that was waterproof, transfer proof, full coverage, and no creasing in my wrinkles. The container said that so I purchased it. This is a thick formula that takes some getting use to. Really need to apply with your fingers so that you can warm the product up. I use my ring finger and dab into my under eye area after moisturizing. I really like how it melts into my undereyes. It is very tacky and requires to be set with a powder. It does feel moisturizing under the eyes, but also heavy. In my opinion this is not full coverage unless you really pack it on, but then it looks cakey. I have severe allergies and after an entire day of runny eyes, this concealer is gone. It is not good for covering blemishes on the face because it is so thick and sticky, just does not sit right under or over my foundation. A single tube has lasted me a year and well after a year, I am done with this concealer and I am moving onto another brand. PRO: container lasts long time CON: not waterproof or full coverage

About reviewer (266 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

2 months ago

I have a lot of success with this concealer. It is very thick and stiff when it comes out of the tube, but I set it sit for a few seconds on my finger tip before applying it and it sort of melts. It blends in well and stays all day. I do use a tiny bit of powder to set it, but I find it works well with most powders, unlike some concealers. Because of its texture, a little bit goes a LONG way. If you use too much it will be cakey and awful. A light touch is essential with this one. But because you need so little the tube lasts a very long time, making it more cost effective than it may appear.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

1.0

2 months ago

Too thick! Like a paste. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

3 months ago

I like this concealer quite a lot. I squeeze out a pin head sized drop on the back of my hand, dip my finger in the drop, and then just tap on to the areas I want to cover. It looks very natural on my oily skin and is one of the few concealers that does not emphasize texture and pores. Coverage is excellent and buildable (I clearly use the tiniest amount). The tube also has about twice-33% as much product as other concealers at 15ml, so is likely to last a long time. The only downside is that it tends to wear off faster than I would like because of the oily texture. That said, it never looks cakey on me and I really can't tell I have concealer on when I wear it because it blends it with my natural shine.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

3 months ago

I like this enough that I've repurchased it BUT there are a few things about it which continue to bug me: 1. The consistency is very thick - like stage makeup - meaning it's incredibly easy to overdo application. I've found the easiest way to counter this is to apply the smallest amount first, blend that out, then apply a little more if needed. I've also found it applies better if I dot it along my under eye area then leave it for about a minute to warm up. 2. The opening of the tube is TINY which makes getting the product out quite a challenge at times. I've wasted quite a lot of product due to over squeezing the tube in an effort to get anything to come out of it! I think this would work so much better if the opening were just a little wider or they changed it to one with a screw top lid that had a doe foot applicator attached to it. 3. If I don't set this with some kind of powder it makes my under eye area looked really shiny and a bit oily. However, even after applying the powder I find I can't touch my under eye area at all because if I do, this will come straight off again. So, given all the not so great points above you might be wondering why I've repurchased it and given it such a high score? Well there's one simple reason - this is the only concealer I've ever found that covers up my really dark circles (for the record - so dark, they sometimes make it look like I've been punched in the eye!). For that reason, I'm happy to overlook the annoying things about this, including the high price tag.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2.0

8 months ago

I purchased this in "Fair". I am 53 with really good skin and this is advertised as full coverage, anti aging. It comes in a narrow tube with a tiny opening. The product itself is very thick, so even squeezing it out of the tube is problematic. The product is sticky, thick and tacky. i found it impossible to apply without pulling on the skin around the eye. It doesn't blend well. I tried warming it on the back of my hand, but it still didn't help. I cannot think of any redeeming features with this concealer. This is quite an expensive product in Australia and like the IT Cosmetics CC cream, it just isn't a good product. I cannot recommend it and I won't be buying anymore of their foundation or concealer products.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

1.0

9 months ago

I bought this because so many folk said it was great for under eye bags and discoloring- wrong! It has accentuated and highlighted all of my 50 year old under-eye wrinkles in glorious detail. And in. Au naturel they don’t look so bad! Never again.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

9 months ago

Love it!! Pro : Super pigmented Full coverage Con : It doesn't actually tackle my dark circles problems. Product packaging is super gimmicky. U will get 20% of product out of the whole packaging. Remark : Looks thick when applied but blend out well. A lil bit goes a long way.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2.0

a year ago

Too thick and cacky, I hate the way it settle in lines that never existed before.

About reviewer (262 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

a year ago

Best concealer I've used. It does the job very well, covers my dark circles and the redness around my nose. In a pinch I can even use it as foundation. It does require setting with powder, since it can appear oily otherwise. BUT. Since IT Cosmetics was sold to L'oreal, it isn't as easy to blend. I know some thought it never was, but I never had a problem blending. Now, it drags across my face. The creaminess is gone. I took off two lippies for that. I would buy it again, but if I found something better I wouldn't. Packaging gets only two lippies. I bought a large tube from QVC, and it split down the side before I could use it up. I had to wrap it with tape. As for problems washing it off your hands, wipe your fingers with a tissue to get most of the product off before you wash.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age56 & Over