4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

I got the Lychee and Plum scent from Ulta. This is the best body butter I have ever used, second only to Nivea Cream, which I can't use any longer because I develop small water-filled blisters within hours of applying it. The texture is thick and rich (white) just like Nivea, and it takes a little warming between your hands before you can apply it evenly and rub it into your skin. It is quite emollient and nourishing, has a subtle sweet fig smell that is not cloying or overpowering and will play nice with a perfume or any other scented body product you may use. It absorbs well, does not leave your skin oily or slick, but it does improve the condition of your skin, not just coat it. I think I paid $5 during the Spring Haul event, but the regular price is about $7.50 for 7 ounces, which I think is very reasonable. I will continue to purchase this. Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-8 Beeswax, Laureth-4, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Polysorbate 80, Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, BHT

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Tree Hut makes such amazing body butter. The price/oz is unbeatable, all of them smell delectable, and they keep your skin quenched for days, and that is not an exaggeration. The Brazilian Nut might be one of my favorites among the line. It smells like some sort of nutty coffee cake drizzled with lots of caramel. Just sniffing it is an indulgent experience - without the calories, thankfully.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I LOVE this lotion! I work with a lot of sanitizer and dish soaps that dry my hands out like crazy, but after I apply this it works instantly to rehydrate my hands! They go from rough and rashy to soft and moisturized in a snap! Plus is smells tropical so that's a nice plus. :-) Oh, and mine is a squeeze bottle and not the round container. Another big bonus.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

I really wanted to like this, as I love TH's Brazilian Nut tree scrub, and this body butter smells delectable in the jar (like a creamy chocolately caramel). However, once I applied it, the scent settled into a burnt coffe smell. Not pleasant. And it left my skin feeling sticky for hours. I'd try other body butter by Tree Hut, but disappointingly won't be repurchasing this.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Love the smell of this stuff! Smells like butterscotch/coffee candy! The lotion is non-greasy and absorbs into the skin pretty well. I do agree with other reviewers though that it seems the texture of the lotions can be at times inconsistent. I currently own a sample of the Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in coconut lime (this smells equally decadent!) from a recent Ulta purchase and that lotion almost feels like a face cream because of its smooth soft creamy texture. The Brazilian nut body butter I purchased at Walmart for about 5 dollars on sale. The texture of Brazilian nut one is thick but still smooth and creamy. I don't think they're different formulas because they have the same ingredients (except for fragrance). Regardless I don't mind the difference in texture because ultimately they both work wonderfully as non-greasy, yummy smelling lotion that hydrates the skin.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I love the way this smells, like caramel and butterscotch, yummm. It doesn't apply as smooth and creamy as I would like it to but is still pretty moisturizing. The best part is, it's cheap!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

I used this a few years ago, but recently bought it again when I found it for $15 for 3 jars on Amazon (used to buy it at Walmart but they stopped selling it and I thought the product got discontinued... not so! I'm sad I didn't figure this out sooner.) I am in love with this body butter. The smell is to die for. So yummy smelling! Sort of like a hazelnut/caramel smell. It makes my skin feel super soft :) In the past other body butters I have used are very waxy and you have to dig them out of the jars...but Treehut's is a lot smoother and creamier, yet thick and luxurious. Years ago I used to use this with the matching Brazilian Nut Dry Oil Mist. But Treehut discontinued their dry oil mists sadly. The body butter and dry oil mist used to work very well together and the oil gave my skin a glowy, shiny (yet not greasy!) healthy shine that was pretty in summer. I wish they would bring those back. I recently emailed Treehut to ask if they were going to ever sell the dry mist oil again and they said they weren't planning on it but if there was a demand for it they would. So email them if you are interested!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

3.0

8 years ago

This is one of my favorite scents from Tree Hut. It kind of smells like a sugar cookie :) very sweet, but not overpowering. Though I like the scent I have to deduct lippies due to the inconsistencies with texture. Sometimes I get a truly "buttery" texture (smooth, creamy, absorbs well) and other times I get a big clump of wax (ouch - espc. when putting it on after shaving!). So while it smells nice it's iffy on quality. Sometimes warming it between your hands can help, but not always. The Hawaiian Kukui, IMO, is the best of the body butters for consistently smooth texture.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I bought this after deciding to not go with the Palmers cocoa butter and I'm glad I did. This stuff smells so delicious! It makes your skin feel very moisturized. The consistency is really, really thick. I use this at nighttime after a bath applied to damp skin before bed. It seems like it takes a while to really "sink" in but by morning my skin feels baby soft and very hydrated. Did I mention it's $4? Total score!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesOther

9 years ago

It's my second favorite scent on this line. I find it heavier than Original shea butter, but I adore the scent. I always have some in my gym bag and some at home.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35