Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

3.3

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Juice, Water), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Stearate (Coconut Derived), Silica, Carrageenan (Seaweed Derived), Stearyl Behenate (Coconut Derived), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Peel Oil), Inulin (Artichoke Derived), Saccharomyces Ferment, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide (Sugar Derived), Yeast Beta Glucan, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Valeriana Officinalis Root Extract (Valerian), Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Botanical Fragrance Blend.

on 7/10/2016 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried about a million natural deodorants and this is the most effective I have found yet. I bought it in the pure vanilla travel size to try and the first thing I noticed was the beautiful scent. The scent stays with you all day and I find it really reminds me of the beach for some reason. My partner loves the vanilla smell too and I have even been asked what perfume I am wearing. Out of all the other natural deodorants I have used this is also the only one that hasn't left me with a painful red rash.
It is a deodorant so you will still sweat whilst wearing it but I was not looking for an antiperspirant anyway because I don't like the idea of my pores being clogged up. It takes care of any any odour for me on normal days and I reapply once during the day on hotter ones. I can see how it may not work for everyone because we don't all sweat the same amount, but I think for anyone out there who doesn't get bad BO and isn't overly sweaty, this would be the perfect natural deodorant for you. I will repurchase in the full size version next time.

on 5/25/2016 1:09:00 AM

I got the travel size of the original vanilla scent just to try it out. I am definitely NOT a fan. This product is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant, so it will only mask the odor. The smell is pleasant and quite natural (not the fake, cake batter vanilla smell). The fact that it is a natural product, without any chemicals is quite tempting. Ultimately, however, this product is really ineffective. It might work if you don't sweat/smell much. It will not prevent sweating, and only masks the smell for a few hours (at least for me). If you sweat even a little bit, this product will not take you all the way from morning to night.

This one is an easy PASS for me!

To Read all 152 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/23/2016 10:41:00 PM

I have been using Lavanila for years. I love it. *I'm
happy I have the option* to buy a beautiful deoderant without the aluminum, talc, etc that most deoderants and antiperspirants are made of. Lavanila truly offers a great alternative.
I do keep a regular anti-perspirant hanging around to use for special occasions (weddings, extremely hot and social days) but Lavanila is all I use on a regular day to day basis and it works fine for me. It also lasts quite a while so the upfront cost is negligible. The original vanilla scent is my favorite.

I may have clicked "yes" to the repurchase, but the jury is still out on this one. While I have been using natural deodorants for the last 6 months, I'm not convinced 100% that this compares or rises above any of the other ones I own. So far, it feels the most typical "deodoranty" of all the ones I'm using which include Every Man Jacks deodorant in Cedarwood and on other days I use Leaves of Trees Lavender and Mint - both of these I highly recommend! Every Man Jack is better if you're new to natural deodorants, there is a bit of sweaty adjustment period at first and this seems to not make it so "bad". Leaves of Trees is clay based and comes in a tube, smells lovely! Anyway, I'm warming up to the Lavanilla - I purchased the regular Vanilla scent. I actually find that it smells more fresh AND vanilla than just vanilla, which I really like! So far I have not had sweaty pits, but again, I've also been using natural deodorants for the last while and there is an adjustment period where you will feel sweaty or that the product isn't working - but give it a bit of time, and soon you won't have very sweaty pits. I haven't found that this has left me with any under arm odor coming through, again, not something I get anymore and it's gotten pretty much nonexistent with my switch from unnatural to natural deodorants. I'm hopeful (hopeful for a deodorant..lol) that this will be another option for natural deodorants, whoever can get those damn magical crystal deodorants to work must have some sort of witchcraft power cuz those things seem totally wack! Anyway, I'll possibly repurchase this if it seems as great as it is so far! Totally worth atleast picking up a small size near the tills (the "Danger Zone") at Sephora.

So here we are again - another product recommended by a well-known YouTuber (it being her 'absolute favourite' and all) and like an absolute schmuck, I get totally suckered in. This has GOT to stop…!

This appealed to me mainly because of its 100% natural claims. I'd love nothing more than to find a stick deodorant that's all natural, doesn't contain all those nasty chemicals (which every day, somewhere in the world are reported as cancer causing) and works. Sadly, this is none of those.

I bought a travel-sized version of this from Sephora, mainly because I wasn't prepared to pay out $14.00 for something I had no prior knowledge of. The travel-sized one still cost me $8.00 but I was ok with that. Until I started using it.

First off, the one I have is almost impossible to get out of the tube. On first use, I wound and wound the bottom for what seemed like FOREVER before it actually came out far enough for me to use. And then it wouldn't wind back in again, meaning I had to push it back in with my thumb. Secondly, when applying this it tugs at my skin which just plain hurts! I was hoping it would be creamy in texture (much like the Dove equivalents are) but this feels like I'm rubbing a dried-up old piece of hand soap into my pits which also means it crumbles, leaving little bits of white deodorant stick all over my carpet.

Finally - as someone else has already said here - this smells like neither coconut or vanilla. But I would agree that it does indeed smell like wintergreen urinal cakes, with maybe a smattering of antiseptic cream. I'm just glad I only purchased the small version - there's no way I'll be repurchasing this. It's back to the Dove for me!

on 3/31/2016 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I'm still on the fence about this one. I've been giving it a second chance, but I just don't like sweat under my pits. I don't sweat a lot either, but it's no Bueno for me. For me, I have to dry my pits and reapply at least once during the day to keep it working decently. I do love the texture and it's not slimy like some I've tried before. I used it on my skin where I was getting a bra burn and it did keep that from happening so of nothing else I guess I could use it for chaffing. But the hunt for a good natural deodorant continues....

I bought this after reading all its glowing reviews online and, having quit using antiperspirant and being on the constant lookout for a deodorant that actually works, really wanted to love it. Unfortunately, the coconut vanilla product I purchased smells of neither coconut, nor vanilla, imparting instead the scent of wintergreen urinal cakes to my armpits. First time in my life that I've found myself wishing a deodorant would STOP working!

Aw man, I'm so pouty right now. I really, really wanted this to work for me. It didn't, for odor.

I've been (industrial) chemical free for deodorants for a few mos. Not having much luck. Tried this bad dude in "Vanilla Snowberry" (my sephora only had the trial size in this form). Worked beautifully for 2 days. Then, no matter if I was in Piloxing or working form home, after about 3 hours I smell like a Florida gator, who has ran a marathon, in the hottest, most humid day of the Florida calendar. Just musty.

I will give it this. It is very moisturizing, but not greasy. Feels great going on, and I've tried nothing like it that's "natural," that controls wetness the way it does. It is great at that, so 2 lippies for that and the ease of availability. When you start to sweat, it's like the deodorant works overtime to wick the wetness away. Unfortunately, does nothing for odor for me.

And the search continues...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This deodorant rules! I tried the travel size from sephora. It is a little more expensive than your average drug store buy, but totally worth it. It smells really good, goes on easy, and lasts all day (from morning to after work-work out). When this runs out I am for sure going to buy the full size!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased in Vanilla Coconut after hearing about this from MakeupbyTiffanyD. It worked for about two months and it stopped working. I tried using it again after I stopped using it for a few weeks and the BO was inevitable. I will not repurchase.