Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

3.3

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Juice, Water), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Stearate (Coconut Derived), Silica, Carrageenan (Seaweed Derived), Stearyl Behenate (Coconut Derived), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Peel Oil), Inulin (Artichoke Derived), Saccharomyces Ferment, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide (Sugar Derived), Yeast Beta Glucan, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Valeriana Officinalis Root Extract (Valerian), Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Botanical Fragrance Blend.

on 7/6/2017 2:49:00 PM

I liked the Sport Luxe version so I thought I ought to try the Unscented version also. The formula of the Unscented is so much harder and drier, I was wondering if I got a dud or expired/old stick. It's really dry and hard, but not chalky, and it's hard to apply. The packaging is a push up round tube (like the old Alison Raffaele gel blushes), so the full-size unit is somewhat bulky and hard to pack for travel. The packaging looks nice, but for deodorant I'd prefer the oblong twist-up type. I ended up trying Native deodorant and am much happier with that line.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was searching for a natural deodorant since I am pregnant, and don't want all of the harsh additives other deodorants carry. I love the packaging and smell of this. It works pretty well too. Keeps perspiration at bay, and doesn't transfer to clothing.

on 5/3/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been trying "natural" deodorants for years and this is the best I've found. While it doesn't last as long as the aluminum antiperspirants, it does last much longer than any of the other natural deodorants I've tried. It also feels more comfortable - much less sticky, not wet at all. It does drag a little bit as you apply it - it's not buttery soft - but that doesn't bother me. I like how solid the packaging is, although I do have some trouble getting my lid to close all the way. The plain vanilla scent smells like bug spray on me, but there are several other options to choose from so there's likely a scent to suit everyone.

on 12/31/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't like this AT ALL. I've been using natural alternatives to aluminum deodorant or antiperspirant for years. This is only a deodorant. So you will sill sweat as per usual. However, it does NOTHING to mask any odour. It makes me smell worse, how that is possible I'm not sure? Perhaps a body chemistry thing with the natural vanilla fragrance. Thank G I bought the travel size. I don;t use deodorant much, I don't tend to smell very much even if sweating. However I like to have it on hand because I find depending on hormones and time of month, and if I eat something super garlicky LOL it can come out in BO :(
In addition to making me smell worse, the application is horrible. It's so dry and chalky it doesn't glide on at all. I have seen some reviews say to make sure your skin is damp, or maybe you can damped the stick itself with water? But it got so dry and crumbly I just tossed it. I had better luck with Crystal deodorant, the roll on kind, and the 7 day deodorant called Lavalin. It's expensive but I'll just stick with either of those from now on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Excellent deodorant! Great healthy alternative to other brands. Does take a few days for your body to get used to it but it's great over time. I really need a strong deo as I've always used men's deos in past. But this one is great as it's strong & has a lovely smell. Price is fantastic too! Definitely recommend it!

I just received my shipment of The Healthy Deodorant, Lavanila. I love the fact that it contains NO aluminum. For years I've been using other deodorant's that do contain aluminum and now have multiple cysts in both breasts that are painful. I must have a mammogram every year and often have to have painful cysts drained. Thank you for making a natural product that is also safe for women. I gave a tube to my daughter, hopefully she will not have the problems I've had. Teach them young. Again, thank you.

on 10/31/2016 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Every once in a while I try to go aluminum free and fail. During one of those attempts, I stupidly bought a three pack of this deodorant (vanilla passion fruit, fresh vanilla lemon, and vanilla grapefruit) based on good reviews. All three smell yummy, and as far as natural deodorants go they're probably the best I've tried, but they do not keep me dry or stink free and I'm done trying to make them work for me. If you're okay being a little damp in the pits and reapplying every six hours OR if you live in a chilly climate and don't sweat much PERHAPS these will work for you, but as a gal who lives in toasty TX, I need the real stuff.

Duuuuude. This deodorant is the beez kneez! I have been using natural deodorant for a few years now, and have only had bare minimum sufficientcy. However, when I became pregnant, my changing hormone levels made me a STANKY chick. Ofcourse with my heightened sense of smell, and nausea - I could not live with smelling like a barn hippie. So I went on a quest for a proper effective natural deodorant, and was lead to this sweet little nugget. I opted for the Vanilla - Coconut smell, this was purchased online and I was a little concerned that it would smell too sweet. Lo and behold, it is brilliant! It is feminine with a touch of musky sandalwood-ish(?) scent - and definitely no patchouli nonsense happening. It has kept me fresh all day, and I am STOKED. xx

on 12/16/2016 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

To begin, I want to mention that deodorants and antiperspirants are NOT the same thing. Some people don't seem to know that deodorant is not supposed to make you stop sweating, it is simply to make you smell fresher when you do perspire. Antiperspirants work by blocking your sweat glands with chemicals.

Anyways, I was looking for a healthier option with no aluminium for my everyday armpit juice. I read reviews that said it doesn't last all day and I have to agree with that. But that just means reapplying once during the day. I bought a travel size to keep at work just in case.

My favourite scent is the Lavender Vanilla one. The product is sometimes hard to apply, I feel like it's better to use right when you've gotten out of the shower and your skin is still a bit damp. Otherwise it sometimes pulls at the skin. I also do not like to apply it right after I have shaved though since the skin is still a bit raw.

All in all, this product does what it claims and seems like a more natural choice, in my opinion.

on 12/16/2016 7:34:00 PM

I tried this product but had the worse reaction. My underarm was so dry and red. It was so itchy that I completely stopped using it and my armpit was red and itchy for about a week.