3.9

price range

Reviews

from

3 months ago

I can’t believe I stuck with dark angels as long as I did. It makes a mess in your sink or bathtub, gets on your clothes, and stains your face black. I always used eau de Roma toner after in order to get the black residue off. I bought this because I have trouble with cystic acne. While it didn’t break me out, I think the differin had more to do with my acne clearing up than dark angels. It made my face feel tight after using it. I have no idea what I’m going to do with the rest of my tub. Unless you love a dirty sink, I would not recommend this product.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 months ago

I don’t understand why people like this. I had to wash my face twice after with two different face washes because the black residue wouldn’t come off! It got my towel super dirty too.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

2.0

5 months ago

I had high hopes for this scrub but I realized that it does a great job at exfoliating because you spend a good half hour trying to take this off! Wow! It's base emolient is very strong, therefore the scrubbing particles just move around. To remove this, I had to use another cleanser so I never saw the real effect of this alone. Then I realized it left grime on my porcelain sink that I needed to scrub off. Yuck! I never used a scrub that required this. Definitely a weird product.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other

HairBlond

7 months ago

I like most lush products but this one is a flop. The only plus is the smell, which I like, but would be off putting to someone who doesn’t like black liquorice. This product stains the skin a gross grey colour which doesn’t rinse off - you have to scrub with a towel or a different cleanser to get it off. This is going in the garbage. Don’t waste your money, not worth the hype at all.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 months ago

I would not buy this again from lush. The charcoal aspect to me is just gimmicky and left odd black marks on my face and body which I had to scrub with micellar water to remove. This scrub can also stain your bathtub so beware before you buy!! This is expensive and with the inconives, I wouldn't bother.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

10 months ago

Dark Angels is a charcoal based fresh face cleanser, designed for combo/oily, broken out or congested skin. You simple take a small amount (a little goes a very long way), mix with a small amount of water and then massage into the face, then rinse off. This is not a makeup remover so definitely remove your makeup before going in with this. Dark Angels gives a very thorough cleanse and exfoliation. It makes the skin feel squeaky clean. It definitely helps to dry up any breakouts and clear out any congestion. However, I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for dry or sensitive skins. If you have issues with oil control and breakouts then this cleanser will definitely help!

About reviewer (732 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I love it! I don’t get the residue everyone’s talking about, and it cleared my acne up really really well. I have cystic acne so it’s hard to find a cleanser that works. I love it so much though! Works perfect, smells good to me, and is honestly my favorite cleanser! I will definitely be buying more.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

EyesGray

a year ago

I've bought this product multiple times and am still currently using it. For the most part, I really like it. I was having a hard time finding a face wash that I liked, so I looked into LUSH products and saw a lot of great reviews for this one.The smell isn't good or terrible. I use it at night after I've removed my makeup. I take a small scoop in my hand, add a little water, and mix it into a paste. I massage it into my wet face and rinse. It's super exfoliating, so if you don't like harsh scrubs this isn't the product for you. I love scrubs because they just make me feel more clean. This one leaves my skin nice and soft, and it doesn't seem to dry out or irritate my skin. However, sometimes it just doesn't rinse off all the way. I'll look in the mirror when I think I'm done and I'll have black patches around my mouth and on my cheeks. I can get these off easily with a wet wash cloth though. Most of the time it rinses off and it's not clearly visible, but it leaves behind some sort of residue. If I go over it with a wash cloth there is always some black that comes off, so I guess it never rinses off 100%. I like to spray a cotton pad with LUSH's Tea Tree Water afterwards and wipe my face with that to get more of the residue off. I wash my face again in the morning with a gentle cleanser and it gets off anything left behind. It is also quite messy. I take care not to let it drip or splash onto my clothes when use it (I'm usually in my pajamas at this point anyways). I also always have to wipe down the sink after I use it, but that's not much of a deal breaker for me. This product is definitely worth a try.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0
from

2 years ago

At first when I started using Dark Angels, I was completely obsessed. The change in my skin was quite dramatic. Many of the flesh colored bumps that have been hanging out like unwanted bums began to vanish. Many of the acne scars and texture issues that I’ve accumulated over the years seemed to begin to balance. This was short lived, and I’m pissed. I was using this cleanser twice a day to no irritation, but after two months, it just left my skin feeling dull. It went from drastic change, to no change seemingly over night; and I’m beginning to realize that that’s the outcome that I see with many Lush products. Also, the cleanser began leaving a black dust on my sink, my bathtub, stained my towels, and after walking around with what looked like a five o’ clock shadow, I realized it was beginning to stain my skin as well. After frequent use it begins to seep into your pores....and stay there....for the rest of your life, if you don’t use an additional cleanser. I took this out of my rotation for a while while the weather is still cold, and making me hate everything. I’m thinking this will be a better option when it’s hot, balmy, and like the seventh circle of hell outside. We shall see!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

2 years ago

I’m very disappointed in this product. First off, the smell is very odd. Not a bad smell per sei, but definitely not a good smell. The product gets everywhere, so I only can use it in the shower. It leaves the dark residue everyone is talking about, which is obnoxious. I don’t notice any change in my skin whatsoever.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24