2.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I think like the dark, almost resinous vanilla scent of this, but that’s about it. This stuff will likely overpower any perfume you decide to wear, and it doesn’t do much to condition hair, either. In fact, it made my hair frizz out significantly and it’s real easy to use too much and have the product build up.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

As a hair perfume, this is alright (even though it does smell like Hawaiian Tropic). As a leave-in conditioner, it is absolutely worthless. This leaves my fine, thin hair totally dry at the ends and does nothing to tame flyaways or moisturize my hair. I'd rather my hair not have a scent and be somewhat healthy than have it smell like a 90's beach and look like straw. Hard pass.

About reviewer (514 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Love this on my fine wavy hair. The smell is amazing and it leaves my hair feeling good.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I just bought the travel sized one and I love it! I will be purchasing the full size soon.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Horrid product. Has a nasty, cheap, cloying synthetic vanilla scent.Does not replenish moisture in hair, for me, it actually made my hair drier. Does not add shine or manageability either. Total waste of money.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3 years ago

I bought two travel sizes and can say I will only be using this as hair perfume. Moisturizing it is not. My hair felt drier than before. Ive tried this on wash and go days and had to rewash my hair. On days I'm blowing out my hair, I will spray this before putting my hair in a doobie. My daughter who has a curl pattern similar to mine (think 3b/c) but has softer thinner hair (very typical biracial) cannot use this for anything other than moistening hair to slick back into ponytails. For her wash and go, I was scared this would cause breakage. It makes my hair smell good. But for the price, will never purchase the full size.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Agree with above: vanilla hair perfume in a bottle. No added softness, shine. Just scent.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

This is a conveniently packaged (it comes in portable size), decently priced, well-working conditioner. It does not absorb into the hair much, meaning it is slick and washes off easily. Being that way makes it more conducive for look-see's to take care of dry looking hair, than actually fixing the root (pun intended) of the problem. It will not grease up your hair, however, and can be added on copiously without worrying about that.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

from

4 years ago

This is one of the worst hair products I've ever used,if not the worst. It does completely the opposite of what it says its supposed to do. I have oily, fine,straight hair. When I apply this it makes my hair super dry and sticky,as if I had used styling hair spray,my hair feels so nasty when I use this,this is a horrible product. Its so drying that I could use it as a dry shampoo on my roots.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

This product is nothing but hair perfume in a bottle period. It is not a good detangler, it is certainly not moisturizing to my hair at all, it makes my scalp itchy, and it has no slip to it at all. I no longer use this product, as I actualky onkythat used it for a very short time, when I did, because it just is not worth the money it costs, and the ingredients in it, aren't spectacular at all, by no means. I no longer use Carol's Daughter's products and have absolutely no plans to ever buy any more Carol's Daughter's products again. I now go by the CG Method, and I only use DevaCurl products exclusively and that is what I definitely plan to continue on using for sure.

About reviewer (972 reviews)

Age36-43