Sephora Professionnel Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23

Sephora  Professionnel Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23

4.9

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I also purchased a few of these on sale a while back and they are still holding strong. Only minor complaint is that there seem to be a few too many bristles, so sometimes my line comes out a bit too thick. A lighter hand on application takes care of the problem.

on 1/30/2011 4:31:00 PM

The price may ward off a lot of people, it certainly did me at first. $20!
BUT
It is one of my best investments because I use it every day coupled with MACs Blacktrack fluid line. Makes application so quick and simple, with the brush it takes me less than a minute to line both eyes. Perfect for those of us who dont have a lot of time in the morning to get ready.
If you like gel liners this is a MUST HAVE.
The brush quality is amazing, mine is still going strong after one years worth of daily use. The tip is still very pointed.
All in all, I love this brush, totally worth the expense.
=)

I'm new to gel liner, and this brush makes it all possible. If line is uneven because I've picked up different amounts of product for each eye, I smooth out with short Bobbi Brown EL brush I got for $3 on ebay. But this brush gets it on my eye, in the right place, so beautifully and effortlessly. Another happy customer!

on 11/21/2010 10:45:00 PM

Was kind of miffed at how pricey this tiny little brush was but realized it was sooo worth the money when I used it with my Buxom lashliner. It holds just the right amount of product and distributes evenly. Best of all, it's thin enough to define just what you want, but juuust sightly "weighty" enough to not make a shaky hand's work that noticeable. It works way better than the bent one from Coastal Scents and it's a step above the one featured by Buxom. Will prob use this one until I absolutely can't anymore, prob will wait for the next F&F to re-purchase.

on 10/4/2010 4:29:00 PM

Love it. I can finally wear gel eyeliner.

I love this brush. Eyeliner brushes usually freak me out. I'm always so scared of stabbing my eye with it. But not this brush. It's perfect! Applying eyeliner couldn't be easier with this brush!

on 1/11/2010 12:25:00 AM

just picked this up today and it's amazing!! i use it with my wet n wild creme eyeliner which i adore but because it's so pigmented and soft(?) it takes pretty precise application and a super steady hand in order to avoid wayward black lines, but this brush makes it a breeze to apply. i can even tightline and do my waterline in half the amount of time. awesome brush! do wish it was cheaper though, saw a similar product on coastal scents for only $2-$3 but i didn't want to wait and spent too much money, but i'm pretty satisfied.

on 1/11/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the easiest and all around best eyeliner brushes I have ever used to get a natural looking line with minimal effort. Bought this to use with Stila Smudgepots. Much quicker and more precise than my flatliner brush and I am able to get a much thinner and more natural line for daytime than with a regular angled brush. I don't know how long these have been around but I wish I had one a long time ago.

on 3/18/2009 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

**PICS INCLUDED**

I originally bought this brush before I was into gel liners, as a way to apply my MAC Liquidlasts with a little more precision and to keep them from getting all over my lashes (those of you who have experience with this product, know what a PITA it can be when it comes to removal). It was long, LONG before Sonia Kashuk released a similar version. Anyway, I am INCREDIBLY happy with the results I get with this brush so I never felt the need to change. It's hard to describe in words what technique I use but here are a couple pointers:

- When applying the liner, the brush is to be pointed toward the inner corner of the eye you are working on, using the side and pointed tip of the brush to apply in tiny strokes and NOT one continuous motion (can not stress that last part enough). Doing that will almost guarantee mistakes - I learned the hard way through tons of trial and error. You want to do the liner in small sections, to check your work as you go along and to figure out any spots that need fixing.

- I always start the liner from the inner 1/3 of the eye. I start it off VERY thin and gradually increase the width as I get to the wing. This allows for the liner to look like it is part of the upper lash line, so it naturally blends with it instead of looking like an entity all it's own sitting on top of your lashes. LOL

- I apply with my eyes open. I realize not everyone can do this, but if you can get used to it, it makes for a much easier application because you can actually see what it looks like as you go along.

Using these tips and figuring out some of your own through trial and error, you'll be on your way to applying your liner like a pro. If there was only one liner brush I could recommend to people, it would be this one. It does everything the flat or angled ones do and MORE.

Now the pictures I've included are to illustrate different variations of the winged look, achieved with this brush. Depending on my mood sometimes I'll go thicker toward the wing, make the wing longer, etc.

continued >>