42%

$78.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

18 days ago

I’m on my 2nd sample of this. I tried it years ago amd it was ok. I’m in my early 40s now and the results are much more pronounced. If you don’t have signs of ageing then you won’t see any difference - it’s primarily for anti-ageing. It reeked of alcohol on first use, but l don’t notice it now. I apply twice daily and after 2 days l saw a reduction in fine lines and number 11 lines. Also noticed more ‘spring-back’ under my eyes. It absorbs very quickly and leaves an unnoticeable finish on the skin. I use it as my 3rd layer in a k beauty routine.

About reviewer (152 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

1.0

a month ago

For how expensive it is it did nothing for my skin!what a waste of money

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

This serum is a joke. After I watched some youtubers about how great this one is, I decided to give it a try. I bought the full bottle...nice packaging...nice brand. But doesn’t really do anything!!! I was so disappointed...

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 months ago

3.5 stars if I could. At first I fell in love I bought myself one and my mom one. It made my skin feel so good. I was half way into mine when I realized I wasn't a fan anymore I noticed no difference. That's also when my mom decided it was for her either. I have combo skinny mom has dry. I felt like it was not hydrating enough. It was a serum absorbed really quickly. I also brig it down my neck because the dropper gave me too much just my face. I used it in Fall maybe that's why I didn't find it hydrating enough nor did my mom. For the price it didn't really do much nor did it last a really long time also the dropper doesn't reach all the way to the bottom which was a disappointment. But the package was sturdy, the dropper filled its self up as you unscrew the top. To ensure you use the right amount and don't have to fight with it. I would buy it again in a smaller size or sample set and try it in the Summer or use it in combination with a hydrating cream. Because my skin did feel smooth with I first started using it also it didn't make my semi-sensitive skin react.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

6 months ago

Although I think this product is a bit over priced, I really love it. Its a nice lightweight serum that absorbs quickly and leaves behind a hint of a glow. I've been using this for about 9 months. My skin certainly does look better since I started using this product. Fine lines have diminished a bit and my skin feels soft and hydrated.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

9 months ago

Lancome Advanced Genifique Serum feels smooth and is easy to apply. You don’t need a lot per application which is great. I don’t like the smell and it feels a bit sticky at first, which however doesn’t last very long. My skin feels great after using it which I like a lot. I don’t think I can get over the smell though and that is the main reason why I will not purchase this product in the future.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

It is a lightweight yet hydrating and quickly absorbing fluid that might be suitable for all skin types except for an extremely dry complexion in a colder climate. The serum contains excellent actives (as Bifida Ferment Lysate, well-known from EL Advanced Night Repair as its star ingredient), Ascorbyl, Glucoside (stabilized vitamin C), Adenosine, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine and Faex (Yeast) Extract. The formula is exactly the same as the newly launched serum under another L'Oreal brand: Biotherm as Life Plankton Elixir, The only difference is that the latter contains 5% Vitreoscilla Ferment (Life Plankton) and has a much lighter fragrance (not to mention the lower price-tag). All in all the Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate is an excellent choice for anyone who prefers a lighter serum with the added benefit of an excellent probiotic ingredient (Bifida Ferment Lysate) that strengthen the lipid barrier along with some excellent cell fuels (in the form of Adenosine and yeast exact). Because of this balanced blend of actives, this serum is truly suitable for a younger skin, a sensitive one but also for an older more mature skin that needs a more complex range of actives. In this case the addition of Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine will contribute to minimizing the signs of aging by supporting epidermal cell differentiation, skin repair and skin renewal, improving the conditions of mature or photo-aged dermis by boosting collagen synthesis and reducing its degradation, reinforcing the dermal-epidermal junction and soothing inflamed skin (according to the producer of the raw-material). Ingredients: Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Faex Extract/Yeast Extract/Extrait De Levure, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Fragrance/Parfum Ingredients of Biotherm Life Plankton Elixir: Aqua, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitreoscilla Ferment, Ascorbyl, Glucoside, Adenosine, Xanthan Gum, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Faex Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, PGE-60 Hydrogenated, Castor Oil, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Tocopherol, Parfum

About reviewer (293 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

About reviewer (293 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

Got this in a sale for less than half price so I wasn't too heart broken it didn't do anything.I like the pipette but didn't do anything to my face .I still had dry patches after using it for over a month twice a day,didn't irritated me but nor did anything else. Feels nice when you apply it and sinks in fast but you do need to put a face cream on quite fast after .There is literally not one thing that I noticed after using this to the end of the bottle

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

a year ago

A nicely textured runny gel that absorbs quickly and works well under all my moisturisers, makeup and sunscreen. Has a faint musty, yeasty, "unfresh" perfumey scent that really annoyed me. Does not break me out. Does not irritate my very sensitive skin. But perhaps not for the neck. I had planned to apply to my face, backs of hands and neck but my neck did NOT take this well. It ended up looking super loose, wrinkled up crepey, dry feeling and 20 years older every time I tried to use it in the neck area for more than a day at a time. After that I switched to using it on my face and backs of hands only. I used this for consistently for 10 weeks, applying morning and night, and got ZERO results. NO fading of age spots, no fading of redness, no fine wrinkle reduction. NO "tonicity", resilience or firmness they claim. In fact it did the OPPOSITE, I got loose crepey skin on both my neck and also my hands which I have not experienced before or since). The only positive is it made my skin slightly more moisturised (but smell musty). I used 4 samples of 0.25 oz, or 7 ml which is the same as buying a regular 1 oz (30 ml). All were recent fresh batch codes and well within expiry. The samples come in plastic bottles but the retail ones come in glass. After this failed Lancome serum I tried: 1. Instanatural Age Defying Serum ($23 a bottle; 20% vit c, retinoic acid and salicylic acid) and it burnt my sensitive skin, so I discontinued. 2. Caudalie Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence, Overnight Cream and Serum - smelt lovely but no results. 3. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, Clean Truth Cleanser, C Rush Brightening Gel Creme Moisturiser for day and Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturiser - no results. 4. Luxe Beauty Luxe Serum Skin Lightener & Brightener. YES amazing results! I trialled this serum with just a basic moisturiser, which made it cheaper than the regimes of the other brands I tried. Also I trialled it in summer, the toughest time of the year to get results on very fair skin as the sun damages shows up very quickly with each summer my skin ends up looking worse. I did add a 1/16 teaspoon of powdered vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid, recommended by Elle is For Living on Youtube) to 2 - 3 pumps of the serum mixed in the palm of my hand when I remembered, either day or night. After one month noticeable fading of age spots and brighter skin on the back of both hands and face. After 10 weeks, results are increased. My skin is less red, more even toned, and lots of age spots completely gone or 50% faded. All the small age spots on my left hand have gone, only two medium age spots remain but faded. All the age spots gone on right hand small and medium, except for the scaly raised ones which have faded 50%. On my face redness has gone, clarity improved. The age spots above my lip gone, the LARGE dark age spot under my eye 90% gone. Just 2 stubborn large age spots on my jaw remain with only 30 % fading but I have hope! No obvious effect on wrinkles. Mid 40's with normal skin that is prone to cosmetically-caused acne (sensitivity reactions to badly formulated products).

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm