Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner

1.6

I thought this stuff used to be good (I had it a while ago, then I switched to the "light" version which seemed okay) but I bought the regular kind again and I swear it's making my hair dried out and greasy at the same time. The top layer of my hair is fluffy and dry, and my natural wave is gone.
The hair underneath is still curly but it feels like it's coated with something and lays flat against my scalp. It's also stringy. I've noticed that no matter how long I rinse out my hair, this product never seems to fully come out. I quickly scanned the ingredients the other night and it looks like there's protein in this conditioner, which is probably why it's drying out my hair.
Needless to say my hair looks awful and this product is about to be downgraded to a very expensive shaving cream from now on.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The worst product I have ever used, period. Left my hair dried out, it felt like straw and I have never had a product produce these kinds of results. $35 completely wasted, I got halfway through the bottle and decided the damage it was doing wasn't worth saving the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a fan of its scent, and the product really doesn't really do all that much for my hair. Honestly, when i bought it, i was looking to see major results. But, it hardly providly my hair with any. This is one conditioner, that was a big waste of my money!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this for almost a year now, bought a shampoo and conditioner together from Costco (I uploaded the pics of the big pump bottle).
I apply to midway hair length down to tips only (not on my head and roots).
Conditioners usually cause my roots to get greasy if I apply to them. I just shampoo roots.
This conditioner is ok moisturizing but I wouldn't buy it again, it smells like chemicals (pretty much is by looking at ingredients) and bothers my nose a bit (like fumes!) I'm concerned about its safety. I try to switch to natural or organic stuff now for all my needs...

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this at Costco so I have a huge bottle. I was not impressed on my first use and continued to use it because I have so much and I hate having 15 bottles in the shower. I have curly 3C hair and it was difficult to comb with this conditioner in it. My hair felt dry after rinsing it out so I've actually increased the amount of product I use after my shower to try and maintain some moisture in my hair.

I will not be using this again and will just buy something that I know works for my hair. I still have so much left in the bottle I feel crappy tossing it out so I'll probably abandon it in the lost-and-found at the gym or something in hopes that someone might actually use it. Although even giving this product to someone feel mean... it's that bad.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Awful product!!!

This is really ineffective, I bought two Humectress ultimate moisture deep conditioners at CVS for about $10 each. I can't even bring myself to use the second one, it will likely sit in my stash forever.

This is NOT hydrating, not "moisture rich", it reall stinks overall. I have had way better results from a cheapy Tresemme or Aussie conditioner.

The smell is decent, the product is thick and seems promising, but on the hair it does absoluely nothing good, I rinse it right out and hair is not any softer or more hydrating, this does nothing i want (and expect) a regular conditioner to do, let alone a "deep" conditioner. Save your $$, this has a mid-end price tag but performs worse than a $.99 suave or vo5.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Do not believe these people reviews about this product.. I worked for them and they paid me to lie about this product...I did us this product twice and it doess not give moisture. Do not read these bogus reviews. They are getting paid to lie about this product

I have super fine hair and I'm always looking for moisture conditioner since my ends are so dry. This is not it. It left my hair super tangled when wet and after a blow dry my hair felt like I had a ton of buildup.

I agree with the other postings. The old Nexxus Humectress was just a really good conditioner with a great scent. The new Nexxus Humectress is a low quality, ineffective conditioner with a cheap scent. Why they changed it, I have no clue. But they need to bring back the original formula! I will not purchase the new Humectress again. I felt that it was a complete waste of money.

i hated (and almost had a heart attack) when nexxus changed the formula and the bottle of famous humectress. (used to be white with gray cap and now is silver with black cap).
I even wrote to them, complaining for substituting such a great, extremely effective product to a crappy one! what a shame!
This new formula conditioner does nothing beyond any cheap drugstore conditioner. is basically crap!
Most of the good makeupalley reviews, were posted before the change, thats why they were so happy with the product. Nexxus changed the formula and bottle on 2009-2010.

I was in a mission to find a replacement for my HG humectress conditioner, and the best so far is "Tigi-catwalk honey and oatmeal conditioner" is really moisturizing and gives me a similar (not exactly) effect than my discontinued humectress. Shine, smooth, strong hair, with a touch of volume. Try it if you are unhappy with new humectress!