MAC Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

on 1/14/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't like the consistency. It's not creamy enough for me to use under eyes and that's where I mainly need concealer.

on 1/12/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite all-round concealer, I use it to cover blemishes, redness, discoloration and any other random imperfections. The only part of my face where I prefer something else is under my eyes, where I have some seriously dark circles going on. (I'm not sleep deprived, it's genetic.)

(Sidenote: I never expect a concealer to perform well for all purposes. I want a blemish concealer and an under-eye concealer to do completely different things: I want my under-eye concealer to have fairly good coverage, be as moisturizing as possible without creasing, and preferably have a very very subtle brightening effect. I want my blemish concealer to be as pigmented as possible and dry enough to stay put all day, and I don't want it to reflect any light because I'm not a Cullen and my pimples are not supposed to sparkle. I can't imagine what magical face product could transform itself to do all of the above.)

PROS:
• I have yet to find something on my face that this cannot cover. I have the small single pot in NC15 and the duo version in NW10/NC20. Sometimes a particularly angry pimple will require two layers, but I've never needed more than that.
• Shade range is excellent.
• Versatility! As I mentioned I don't put this underneath my eyes, but I use it for everything else. It's just as easy to spread over areas with redness as it is to pat onto a blemish. I prefer to apply it with my hands, I find that "melting" the product slightly between my (warm) fingers makes it easier to work with. But a small, dense brush is good too.
• The price is absolutely reasonable. Where I live, I pay 21 euros plus shipping for this online and I am happy to do that for two reasons: 1) It makes my face look so much better, it's 100% worth it, and 2) you won't find a drugstore concealer in stores here for under 15 euros anyway. Might as well pay a little more for much better quality.
• Dry enough so that it won't transfer or disappear during the day. Wherever I apply this stuff in the morning, it's still there in the evening.
• Packaging is fine, but don't leave it open, not even for short amounts of time. If you do, you'll get dust and stuff in it over time and you'll need to wipe that crap away with a tissue or something and waste precious product in the process and then you'll get all depressed over having to purchase a new one much too soon. Just keep it closed.

CONS:
• None that I can think of.

on 1/6/2017 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a student, so I'm a big believer in drug store makeup and dupes, but for the MAC studio finish concealer I make an exception. I have never found another concealer (and I have tried many) that conceals as well, lasts as long, and does not crease. It is expensive, but I use concealer daily on my undereyes, eye lids and brow bone (to hide veins/redness), and blemishes, and this stuff lasts well over a year. A friend of mine got me my first tub of this (I have since repurchased) and she got me NW20, which I never would have chosen because I am very fair, but the pink/orange understones actually mask dark undereye circles amazingly and it is not too orange to be used on the face to cover blemishes. I am also extremely dry so I often have issues with concealers grabbing at dry patches and seperating, but not with this one, which I love. Oh and SPF 35? Yes please. I would definitely recommend this product. To me concealer is one of those things that it's okay to splurge on because I wear it every day and really it 'sets the tone' for my entire face and any other makeup I wear (if that makes sense!). The packaging also makes it very easy to get the desired amount of product out with no waste. My only complaint is that when you get very low on it it is harder to scrape off the side corners with your fingers, but a brush could be used!
Also a tip: since this is a solid it can get a bit stiff in the pot, I find resting my ring finger on it (I apply with clean fingers anyways) really warms it up and makes it easier to work with!

on 1/3/2017 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a staple in my mom's makeup kit since I was really young, so I've decided to see what the fuss is all about. As long as you get the right shade (mine is NW20) for concealing, you are good to go. I have oily-skin, which means concealers tend to slip and slide. I always use my favorite setting method (baking with loose powder for at least 5 minutes), and that plus this concealer just WORKS.

It conceals perfectly, brightens the under eye area, rarely cakes, easy to blend, and stays on for as long as you have it on (a good 12 hours).

If there is anything to complain about, it'd be the packaging, since the jar is unhygienic, and it gets harder to get the product when you're hitting pan. Overall, a good and RELIABLE product that lasts a long time. Price point is perfect as well.

I absolutely love this face makeup! I live in a very humid climate and my face gets oily but this product mattes it very nicely and has great coverage. Would recommend to anyone with normal to oily skin

on 11/5/2016 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

amazing for acne scars! it stays on all day despite my oily skin and the hot weather. it doesn't transfer or fade away either. I'd use my finger to apply and blend it in, and I'd be good to go. super small and compact so it's great to take with you on the go or for traveling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigmentation is rich
- not too emollient for packing on textured skin/imperfections
- perfect warm undertone (other brands please pay attention to how MAC does undertones right)

CONS:
- too dry for undereye

on 10/15/2016 9:32:00 AM

I dont like this, its very drying and doesnt do much for me, I bought it months ago, used it a couple of times until I bought a different concealer a few weeks later, I havnt used it since.

on 10/9/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Overall I liked this product. It has an amazing coverage and it lasts a really long time on your skin. Actually I used this (I've finished it) under my eyes where I have my biggest problem to cover up. I really had to moisturize my under eyes otherwhise it would have creased like hell and blend it very well with a beauty blender to not make it look cakey.
I think it's better for covering acne scars and anything like that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ive been using SF for a couple of years now. i bought NC35 and NC42 (im a NC42).
I have a small red birthmark thats about the side of a 5 cent piece on my left cheek. ive tried everything to cover it. dermablend-too sticky, youngblood-too thin, napoleon-wrong colour match, estee lauder-breakouts etc.
Ive stuck with this as its very opaque, and stays put when i set it with studio fix or select sheer pressed powders. ideally id like something more matte. always on the look out for my HG...but until then this is what works for me. my skin can get pretty oily so im always blotting but this still stays put. will repurchase:)