MAC Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

I find this works best if I apply it with my fingers so the product gets warm and a creamy consistency. Covers my acne scars well enough and good for my under eye area. A little goes a long way. Other concealers I have tried do not have good coverage like this does.

I've been using this for years and am only on my second one - it lasts a while. I used to dab this on under my eyes but it's not at all good for that use. It creases easily on that area and it's not creamy enough to apply it without stretching the thing skin under the eyes. I instead now use it just to cover discolouration and pimples. I apply it with a flat concealer brush and then blend it out with a wet Beauty Blender. I usually do this on top of my liquid foundation and beneath my powder. It's a bit orange for me but none of the other colours is a better match so I put Bare Minerals powder concealer on top in a shade a little lighter and that seems to balance it out. It is not oil free and so I find myself blotting multiple times a day. Same kind of quality as Benefit Boi-ing but I actually prefer that.

on 5/26/2017 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. I've purchased it several times. I've gotten a few different shades but I right now I think NW10 (I think this is a newer shade introduced this year) seems to work best for my NC15ish skin. Because of the peachyness of the undertones, I prefer NW concealers to cancel out dark circles. Sometimes NCs can turn a bit greenish over a circle. Anyway, I gave this a 3 because while the coverage is wonderful, this creases like mad. At first when you apply it, this looks fantastic and gives excellent coverage. But 5 minutes lately....you have major creases under your eyes. I have found a way to set this so that it doesn't crease on me, but it's a lot of work so I don't wear it that often. I like to dampen a Beauty Blender with Fix +, and then use that to gently roll loose powder over the concealer. I like the KVD loose powder or MAC Mineralize Loose in Light. Again, a lot of effort just to set a concealer, but it does work. Therefore, I mostly just use this for touchups or underneath brows or something. I've noticed too that after you've had this for awhile the formula seems to become drier. Maybe one day they'll change the formula so it doesn't crease as much.I'd say this is best used for blemishes or anywhere that's not under the eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I buff this in with my flat topped wetnwild brush. I own 2 duos (20/25 & 40/45) & a pot of NC15 the NC15 is for under my eyes & a highlight, the NW-NC20/25 are for blemishes & NW-NC40/45 is for contour. The texture is different it's kind of like stick concealers I really like it thou. The flat top brush works wonderfully & I can't get my fingers into the pot becoz of my nails being so long. This with mac blot powder is all I need for face makeup some days put on brows, a winged eyeliner w mascara & a lipcolor & ur good to go! My fave mac full coverage fdtn is basically a bigger container of this.

Not a huge fan of this concealer. The color I have is NW30 and was chosen for me by one of the makeup artists in their store. I don't think its horrible, but I wouldn't rush out to buy it again thats for sure. I find it hard to work with and its a pain to get out of the container once it starts to wear down. It almost needs to be applied with fingers so that the warmth of your fingers make it easier to spread. After using this, I have come to the conclusion that I will pick a liquid tube of concealer over this type any time. Too me this is not worth the money. I personally find many of MAC's products way over priced and hyped. This is one of them.

Blending around the inside corners of your eyes and applying it there is a huge hassle. Seemed to pick up the very fine hairs around that area and highlighted them and even made them look chalky. UGH !!!!! When I buy a concealer I like it to perform around my eye area. As someone else mentioned it seemed to be okay as a eyeshadow primer though. But the again I get just as good results with my ELF shadow primer for a fraction of the cost.

Decent packaging in the MAC way, but my lid cracked just by getting jostled in my makeup bag. No odd smell to report. Just a very blah product to me and not worth the money. Their is better for cheaper or for the same price.

on 6/19/2017 4:44:00 AM

I've used these concealer for years now. Soft and blendable formula. Good range of colours with different undertones, making it easier to find a perfect match. Can build up coverage, but concealer does move throughout the day. So if you really want the full coverage look that last all day, then you def need to use foundation and setting powders or bring the concealer along for touch-ups. On the pricey side.

on 1/31/2017 4:50:00 AM

Before I purchased this product, I was well aware that I could not use it for under eye coverage as it was meant to be a blemish concealer.

I went ahead and purchased it in NC20 and for the most basic of blemishes, dark spots and acne scars it works. However, it just works and does not really blow me away. It's biggest strength is probably the fact that it lasts long and requires just an ample amount to cover a mark, however, I do not recommend this product if you have fairly good skin.

I felt that I was not able to utilize this product to the best of its abilities as it just did not match my skin type needs. As I get older, I now realize the importance of buying makeup products that fit not only your skin tone but as well as your skin TYPE. This does not work well with dry skin and tends to look cakey when I use around my nose or mouth. I do get it to work by applying a small amount of Vaseline on the outlines of my lip area or a facial oil used as a primer before hand. On its own however, this just seems way too dry for me.

Right now, I don't really use it to cover up my marks as I don't have major problem areas. I do however find it particularly useful to carve out my brows and provide me an "Instagram" type of brow. I have also tried it as an eyeshadow primer and it has worked okay for me as well.

Would not repurchase this as I have discovered better products that can do a better job.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

I've been using this product for a while now and I have formed a love hate relationship with it.

PROS
Long wearing
Full coverage
The product itself has lasted me several months and I haven't hit pan yet.

CONS
It creases terribly - if you have dry under eyes like I do (I have eczema) it will cause them to appear drier than they already are.
Cakey looking/ drying if it's on your face for long periods of time.
Packaging is a bit flimsy - The plastic transparent circle keeps popping out.

If you do have dry skin, it's best to use this without setting powder as it will make you look incredibly dry. The coverage is great and so is the wear so I will admit that I don't mind using the product. Using a hydrating setting spray after application helps with the dryness. I feel that those who don't have dry skin will appreciate this product more.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a big fan, doesn't cover my dark circles, a lot of creasing too.

on 1/24/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I have about 8 massive spots on my cheek I'm not sure if it's acne but anyways I found this was amazing to cover them and it worked so well but I had to touch up threw out the day, then the next day I found the spots just got worse and bigger and my pores became massive!! It made the spots so much worse and now they are so big and horrifying not to mention my pores are so big now I would say if you are looking for coverage yes but if you want your skin to just get worse no!