MAC Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a big fan, doesn't cover my dark circles, a lot of creasing too.

on 1/31/2017 4:50:00 AM

Before I purchased this product, I was well aware that I could not use it for under eye coverage as it was meant to be a blemish concealer.

I went ahead and purchased it in NC20 and for the most basic of blemishes, dark spots and acne scars it works. However, it just works and does not really blow me away. It's biggest strength is probably the fact that it lasts long and requires just an ample amount to cover a mark, however, I do not recommend this product if you have fairly good skin.

I felt that I was not able to utilize this product to the best of its abilities as it just did not match my skin type needs. As I get older, I now realize the importance of buying makeup products that fit not only your skin tone but as well as your skin TYPE. This does not work well with dry skin and tends to look cakey when I use around my nose or mouth. I do get it to work by applying a small amount of Vaseline on the outlines of my lip area or a facial oil used as a primer before hand. On its own however, this just seems way too dry for me.

Right now, I don't really use it to cover up my marks as I don't have major problem areas. I do however find it particularly useful to carve out my brows and provide me an "Instagram" type of brow. I have also tried it as an eyeshadow primer and it has worked okay for me as well.

Would not repurchase this as I have discovered better products that can do a better job.

on 1/24/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I have about 8 massive spots on my cheek I'm not sure if it's acne but anyways I found this was amazing to cover them and it worked so well but I had to touch up threw out the day, then the next day I found the spots just got worse and bigger and my pores became massive!! It made the spots so much worse and now they are so big and horrifying not to mention my pores are so big now I would say if you are looking for coverage yes but if you want your skin to just get worse no!

on 1/14/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't like the consistency. It's not creamy enough for me to use under eyes and that's where I mainly need concealer.

on 1/12/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite all-round concealer, I use it to cover blemishes, redness, discoloration and any other random imperfections. The only part of my face where I prefer something else is under my eyes, where I have some seriously dark circles going on. (I'm not sleep deprived, it's genetic.)

(Sidenote: I never expect a concealer to perform well for all purposes. I want a blemish concealer and an under-eye concealer to do completely different things: I want my under-eye concealer to have fairly good coverage, be as moisturizing as possible without creasing, and preferably have a very very subtle brightening effect. I want my blemish concealer to be as pigmented as possible and dry enough to stay put all day, and I don't want it to reflect any light because I'm not a Cullen and my pimples are not supposed to sparkle. I can't imagine what magical face product could transform itself to do all of the above.)

PROS:
• I have yet to find something on my face that this cannot cover. I have the small single pot in NC15 and the duo version in NW10/NC20. Sometimes a particularly angry pimple will require two layers, but I've never needed more than that.
• Shade range is excellent.
• Versatility! As I mentioned I don't put this underneath my eyes, but I use it for everything else. It's just as easy to spread over areas with redness as it is to pat onto a blemish. I prefer to apply it with my hands, I find that "melting" the product slightly between my (warm) fingers makes it easier to work with. But a small, dense brush is good too.
• The price is absolutely reasonable. Where I live, I pay 21 euros plus shipping for this online and I am happy to do that for two reasons: 1) It makes my face look so much better, it's 100% worth it, and 2) you won't find a drugstore concealer in stores here for under 15 euros anyway. Might as well pay a little more for much better quality.
• Dry enough so that it won't transfer or disappear during the day. Wherever I apply this stuff in the morning, it's still there in the evening.
• Packaging is fine, but don't leave it open, not even for short amounts of time. If you do, you'll get dust and stuff in it over time and you'll need to wipe that crap away with a tissue or something and waste precious product in the process and then you'll get all depressed over having to purchase a new one much too soon. Just keep it closed.

CONS:
• None that I can think of.

on 1/6/2017 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a student, so I'm a big believer in drug store makeup and dupes, but for the MAC studio finish concealer I make an exception. I have never found another concealer (and I have tried many) that conceals as well, lasts as long, and does not crease. It is expensive, but I use concealer daily on my undereyes, eye lids and brow bone (to hide veins/redness), and blemishes, and this stuff lasts well over a year. A friend of mine got me my first tub of this (I have since repurchased) and she got me NW20, which I never would have chosen because I am very fair, but the pink/orange understones actually mask dark undereye circles amazingly and it is not too orange to be used on the face to cover blemishes. I am also extremely dry so I often have issues with concealers grabbing at dry patches and seperating, but not with this one, which I love. Oh and SPF 35? Yes please. I would definitely recommend this product. To me concealer is one of those things that it's okay to splurge on because I wear it every day and really it 'sets the tone' for my entire face and any other makeup I wear (if that makes sense!). The packaging also makes it very easy to get the desired amount of product out with no waste. My only complaint is that when you get very low on it it is harder to scrape off the side corners with your fingers, but a brush could be used!
Also a tip: since this is a solid it can get a bit stiff in the pot, I find resting my ring finger on it (I apply with clean fingers anyways) really warms it up and makes it easier to work with!

on 1/3/2017 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a staple in my mom's makeup kit since I was really young, so I've decided to see what the fuss is all about. As long as you get the right shade (mine is NW20) for concealing, you are good to go. I have oily-skin, which means concealers tend to slip and slide. I always use my favorite setting method (baking with loose powder for at least 5 minutes), and that plus this concealer just WORKS.

It conceals perfectly, brightens the under eye area, rarely cakes, easy to blend, and stays on for as long as you have it on (a good 12 hours).

If there is anything to complain about, it'd be the packaging, since the jar is unhygienic, and it gets harder to get the product when you're hitting pan. Overall, a good and RELIABLE product that lasts a long time. Price point is perfect as well.

I absolutely love this face makeup! I live in a very humid climate and my face gets oily but this product mattes it very nicely and has great coverage. Would recommend to anyone with normal to oily skin

on 11/5/2016 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

amazing for acne scars! it stays on all day despite my oily skin and the hot weather. it doesn't transfer or fade away either. I'd use my finger to apply and blend it in, and I'd be good to go. super small and compact so it's great to take with you on the go or for traveling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigmentation is rich
- not too emollient for packing on textured skin/imperfections
- perfect warm undertone (other brands please pay attention to how MAC does undertones right)

CONS:
- too dry for undereye