Essie Mademoiselle

Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 9/23/2017 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My all time favourite nail polish brand and colour. This polish has stood the test of time. Mademoiselle the colour will take you anywhere, anytime. If in doubt, wear it. Essie is my nail polish brand preference. I have found it to stand up the best against chips and wear and tear. I am very hard on my nails and don't baby them all.
I don't use gloves when washing pots and pans and doing housework. Essie is the easiest polish to reapply for me, when you do need a touchup or are giving yourself a manicure. Mademoiselle, won awards I believe for 12 years in a row for the colour. Unless I need to wear a bright orange colour to match an outfit, this is my go to choice every time. I always ask manicurists what brand they find the easiest to apply. I usually get Essie as the answer.

on 9/14/2017 9:43:00 AM

This is a really chich rosy nude. i love how it makes me look put together. It has decent durability (on its own it isn't as pretty as with a clear top coat).

on 3/28/2017 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Essie's Mademoiselle belongs in the nail polish Hall of Fame! It couldn't be any better. I use many colored polishes (OPI, Sinful, Butter of London, etc.), but for a nude, glossy manicure this is the very best. No streaks like Bubble Bath, Ballet Slippers or the dreadful Sinful Colors Easy Going. It goes on easily, streak proof, the texture of the polish is excellent.
I use two coats and Seche Vite as a top coat....my nails but better! This is the ultimate for well cared for, immaculate nails.

on 8/28/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I agree ballet slippers gloppy streaks! I gave up nail polish for awhile never able to find a natural pink. This is it almost clear but a hint of color. One coat works for me lasts almost a week and I'm a legal secretary typing filing the works. My husband even said my nails look nice. Holy grail for me. If you want a short natural polished finished look this is it.

on 7/28/2016 11:47:00 PM

Let me sing my praises for this nail polish. I've tried ballet slippers from essie as well (the iconic one) and the streaks drove me insane. This polish however, goes on like a dream! No it will never become opaque but its a lovely sheer with just a touch of pink to it - "my nails but better".

But honestly its so sheer that it's quite dummy proof to avoid streaking. I was ready to give up on essie polishes after the disaster of ballet slippers but this one has rekindled my love for essie! Such a gorgeous and classic color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

You gotta love this color.Definitely a my nails but better look.It has just a hint of pink.You will never be able to get this opaque,but who needs to.There are plenty of pink opaque polishes.I like the way this looks on my pale skin.Makes my nails look great.No problems with streaking.Went on like a dream.A beautiful classic polish.

on 4/9/2016 7:36:00 PM

This and Ballet Slippers were the first Essie polishes I ever purchased and was I was super disappointed with the sheerness of the color and the streaky application. I had to apply 3 coats for the color to show and even then, it was still streaky. Same experience with Ballet Slippers, although I liked this color slightly more. It took me years to try Essie polishes again. So glad I did though bc I love Essie (just not the sheer, streaky color. I really don't understand the cult following these 2 colors have!

on 5/25/2016 12:58:00 PM

Love, Love, Love! This works amazingly on my fair hands (with a pink undertone). It perfectly nails the "natural but way better" look. It is a translucent white with a hint of blush. It's very easy to apply and doesn't streak. Two layers is good enough. Definitely my go-to polish for the natural look.

on 5/18/2016 4:39:00 PM

A fan of this color -- it's perfect for when I want a very natural look. If I apply just one coat (over a base coat), it makes my nails look like they've been beautifully buffed. You almost can't tell I'm wearing polish. A second coat (plus top coat) makes my nails look like they have a very light, sheer color on them.

And that's all I want from this shade. I wear this polish when I want my nails to look well taken care of but natural. I also often wear this shade when traveling. Although Essie doesn't chip easily (esp when compared to Mavala, which has great colors, but chips far too quickly), if it does, this color is so light that that the chip isn't noticeable.

If you want obviously polished nails or dramatic color, then this is definitely not the shade for you. But it's a great everyday polish for those who want something subtle.

on 3/26/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Don't be fooled by the opaque looking bottle; Mademoiselle is a very, very sheer polish, so simple and minimalist. Not at all like Ballet Slippers, which is milky white pink and could turn opaque within a couple of coats.

Application is so easy because the polish is completely streak free, but then again, its so sheer you can't possibly see any streaks.

First coat provides a clear shine, second coat provides a barely noticeable pink tint, and three coats, though still very sheer, makes your nails look like you've had it buffed and done at the salon. Very polished and glossy. You can see more of its pink hue outside. When I'm indoors or when under dim lighting, my nails look glossy nude.
That being said, you aren't going to get the exact color of the bottle on your nails. If you're looking for something as sheer but with more pink, Essie Sugar Daddy is an option. Or if you prefer a very sheer white, then there's Essie Allure.

Truthfully, Mademoiselle is a little boring if you're a girl who prefers tinted sheers, but for those who may need a polish for healthy looking "wow, are those your real nails?" hands, then Mademoiselle fits the bill.

[Uploaded Swatch]