New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/29/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very finely milled. Easy to blend. Undetectable on the skin. Matte finish. Good oil control, yet non drying. Good color match. Fragrance free. Repurchasing for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Does not work for me on dry areas, it will look patchy everywhere except my nose. When I do try to blend it in better it crumbles and looks uneven. My nose seems to be the exception, seeing as it does mattify it and leave it smooth. Sometimes though I do get a smooth application but the effect leaves after a couple of hours.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this twice now. This comes with a LOT of product, so I obviously like this to use so much of it! I bought this after my NYX HD powder was giving me a gross white cast. I used to use this to set my CG 3-in-1 foundation and do touchups, but now that I use the Revlon ColorStay I only use it to set and then use the ColorStay powder for touchups. At any rate, I find this to be a great at setting both foundation and undereye concealer, but when it comes to abolishing oil on the face later in the day, I find that this can take off the Revlon foundation a little bit. I use it lesser now with the Revlon, but if I were to go back to the CoverGirl (for coverage reasons), I'd go back to this for touchups! I enjoy the fact that it is truly translucent and doesn't cause the lightening or darkening of my skin tone, though I can see this looking light on darker skin tones, but I have no way to test that... I'd recommend trying this before springing for anything more expensive. And that's because it's so inexpensive, try it and see if it works for you and the foundation/concealer you use! Also be sure to experiment with different types of brushes, I prefer to use a dome-shaped powder brush, but a flat-top kabuki could work better depending on your foundation type. A brief note on the packaging, it doesn't close, it's just a simple sifter. I don't cry about the wasted product, again because it's so cheap. Also, this packaging is not drop-proof, I have dropped it on tile and the black lid cracked. It was almost gone, so I was able to use it until I finished it, but just beware of the delicate packaging and the fact that it doesn't close!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Poor quality. Makes face look cakey. It also broke me out badly, probably due to the talc. Will not purchase again. I'll stick to my urban decay face powder, more expensive but worth it.

This stuff is AMAZING. It sets my makeup beautifully. Powders under my eyes just
made me look dry and older but this powder just makes everything look smooth and flawless. Messy packaging but what can you do when it's under $5. Worth a try!

on 4/28/2014 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite drugstore loose setting powder. It really reminds me of my HG BE Mineral Veil. It's super fine milled and it does not settle into pores or leave a white cast. It's not cakey or weird.

Seriously for $2.99, you get a huge amount and the best out there from the drugstore. Sets my makeup in summer when I am more normal skin (winter and spring and Fall I am very dry). This will give that airbrushed look like Mineral Veil, it's just not minerals unfortunately.

This powder is good, but not great.

It is worth the money but don't expect it to equal something hight end. The difference is still there. You will become more and more aware of it over time. The texture is coarse. Not to mention that for oily skin it might not be mattifying enough.

When I first tried it I was really impressed. I use loose powder after sunscreen. But it did not wear that well. The finish became less and less uniform every time I blotted.

It is still a good option though if you apply powder very lightly instead. After my sunscreen I need quite a bit of powder to remove the sheen I get. Even if I look slightly powdered at first, my very oily male skin will quickly take care of that.) But as I said, for most people who use powder sparingly this product might be more than OK.

The color is quite light and there is certainly some pink in there. But I doubt it contains much pigment. It's truly translucent. The packaging is just OK. The main problem is that the cover doesn't screw shut. Nor does it click securely in place. It just sits on there, and could easily come off in a makeup bag. But let's be honest, loose powders are not really meant to be carried with you everywhere.) I rest mine at home, quietly on the desk.)) If I go on a trip, I just block the sifter with tape. I have opened all the holes because I don't tap powder on the cover. I block the sifter with a large brush, and turn the container upside down depositing the powder directly on the brush instead. It's less messy and more economical that way.

Is it cheap? Yes.
To all Canadians I suggest checking out the loose powder by MARCELLE.
Considering the size, at Walmart it costs just as much $2.97 for 20g and $10.97 for 70g.. It is finer, smoother, impossible to overdo, and looks natural right away - no need for a setting spray.

This is a great powder. It keeps my face matte for a pretty long time. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The packaging is terrible. If the container turns to the side or upside down for one second, all of the powder comes through the sift thingy out to the top. So when I open it the powder goes everywhere. But besides that I love this stuff.

Translucent powders are one of the things I collect. Don't buy mac prep and prime when you can buy this! It feels very smooth and will last about 6 hours. They even have a matching compact for touch ups. I love everything about it except for the packaging! Wow this stuff can get messy.

Great loose powder.Does what it needs to do at a low price.I would recommend using a shade one level darker than your skin tone