Black Radiance Black Radiance cosmetics- entire line

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I almost made the mistake of skipping out on this brand.

I was afraid formulas would be old-fashioned (read: thick and cakey); color selection would be too boring (because obviously burgundy is the only colorful color for deeper skin); or products would not be great (read: how drugstore products once were).

Years before I got interested in makeup, I tried some drugstore makeup products and they were not that good. That made me give up on makeup instantly. Foundations never had my shade. And even the one time they did, it would be thick, cakey and dry. Eyeshadows did not generally show up on me.

I literally could only wear lip gloss...and that worked for me for years. So when I got into the makeup, I assumed drugstore products were just like the ones from the past.

Oh girl. I was so wrong.

Every single item I have purchased from Black Radiance met or beat other drugstore classics and even some high-end. So far, over the years, I have tried products for contour, highlight, eyeshadow, foundation, bb cream, face powder, blush, eyeshadow pigments, lip gloss, lipsticks, etc and everything was extremely reasonable and perfect.

Black Radiance makes my favorite bb cream out of drugstore and high-end brands. While it has far less pigment/coverage, their face powders are just as good as MAC. I can even contour with these powders beautifully.

Any time I wear their $4 main foundation, someone compliments my makeup as some of the best they have seen period. It's matte with a pretty finish. Their blushes and eyeshadows are quite pigmented with tons of color selection (peach, orange, rasberry, etc...not only burgundy)! Toasted Almond is one of the prettiest peachy-pink bronze neutral blushes out there.

Heavy pigmentation continues with their lipsticks. Their lip glosses rival Victoria Secret's awesome discontinued lip glosses.

Usually I will enjoy one foundation or one lipstick from a line.There aren't many brands at all that I love so many products in their line. At the drugstore at least, Wet N Wild would be one of them...and guess what? Wet N Wild and Black Radiance are sister companies! Go figure.

I love that I can enjoy extremely quality products for an amazing price. Black Radiance truly will make you more radiant.

on 3/17/2013 3:31:00 PM

I am caucasian with light-med. skin, but there is a product I love that I use in a completely different way than how it is marketed! It's the Undereye Color Corrector. Three pans, one is a clear wax for eyebrows, one is a dark brown gel (like hard vaseline) and a peach powder. I use the brown as contour for under cheeks and jaw, the matte peach powder for eyeshadow. Three great products for a few dollars!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This brand is FAB. I encourage all of you to try the baked blushes! I currently own Toasted Almond, Plum Sorbet, and Warm Berry, and I love all three. I also have the baked bronzer in Gingersnap, and it is also really good. This is a brand that has some unusual colors for the drugstore in blush and bronzer, which is awesome for the budget makeup lover (like me!)

I also own three of their lipsticks, which are really pigmented and thick. They are not as creamy as Revlon Super Lustrous, but there are a variety of colors.

I only have two complaints: 1. Like its sister company, Wet 'n' Wild, the packaging sucks on some of the products. 2. These products are priced higher than WNW, which I think stinks for some of the products that are basically identical except for color. There also aren't as many sales for Black Radiance in stores, though that may be more a store thing than a BR thing.

There are a variety of good products in this line that are worth a try, like the eyeshadows and pressed powders. To me, the definite standouts are the lip products, blushes, and bronzers.

on 8/4/2012 8:06:00 AM

Artisan baked blush PLUM SORBET. LOVE IT!! i have lt\med asian skin and this blush has enough depth to it so it does not look fakey orangy pinky like most drug store blushes mixed with my yellowy undertone. this unlike warm berry is not highly pigmented so it is much easier and forgiving to apply! the sheen in this blush looks like a healthy glow not discoish at all. the color swirls look very cool in pan but blend together to make a very pretty flushed glow on the right skintone!

I have to say this brand is pretty awesome. I was looking for an eyeshadow that was rich in color and lasts long. For less than $4 I am impressed with my purchase. My skin tone is olive and it made my brown eyes pop. Would definitely recommend to others!!

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

First off this company has great products in general. It's manufacturer MARKWINS also makes Wet and Wild products. So you'll love both lines. I am a makeup artist and use their blushes, bronzers, lipsticks, lip glosses, and lipliners faithfully!

IM ON YOUTUBE where I have tutorials on how to use products and live reviews and swatches!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The eyeshadows and lipsticks in this line are terrific. I'm a pale redhead-- not exactly their target demographic-- but I've still found a lot of fun colors in this line. My favorite is layering "Copper Berry" lipstick with "Tropical Sunburst" lipstick for a gorgeous, semi-matte copper red look that's phenomenal. The lipsticks are extremely pigment-rich, and if you can get beyond the flimsy packaging (they only cost $2) you can have just as much fun with these vibrant shades as you would at the MAC counter. Maybe more! The eyeshadows apply and wear like more expensive brands, too.

I haven't tried the blushes or foundations, since those come in colors more specifically geared for MMMs and DDDs. I do like the concealer worn as lipstick on my pale skin-- it is a very flattering matte warm peach. The nail polishes are crummy, but so are NARS! Try this line, especially if you're in the mood for bright/deep/unusual colors!