4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

such a good mascara. one of the best in the drugstore, IMO. it's not flaky or too clumpy yet gives volume and length. the black is very black. and it lasts the whole day. i love it. repurchasing for sure.

About reviewer (465 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

Rubbish. Does nothing at all.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

3 years ago

This used to be good, but is just less than average now (2017). Don't know what happened.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is absolutely great mascara - usually I have a problem with smudging (hello Too Faced Better than sex!) and this is one of a few, that stay in place all day long (and since it´s not waterproof, removing is quite easy). No smudging, no fallouts, great volume and the price is fine as well. When I want to make sure, that my makeup will be perfect all day, I use this mascara. The only thing I would change is the bulky packaging.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Had the potential to be a holy grail for me because I loved the length and separation it gave to my lashes. Unfortunately, after about a month after opening the formula gets very dry and makes my lashes very clumpy. I have repurchased this several times and it always seems to do this after about a month, so for that I could not recommend.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

I absolutely love this product. It's been my go to mascara for years and even though I've been tempted to try other products from time to time I always end up disappointed and returning to my old faithful. I've literally thrown out countless mascaras after using them only once or twice because they just couldn't compare to this one. Admittedly I'm not completely lacking in lashes but for me it makes my lashes look long, thick and luscious without being OTT. I guess if by false effect your looking for that noticeable extra oomph to your lashes you'll love it. If your looking for a more artificial over the top finish this won't get the results your after. I wear as my everyday mascara and love that it looks fabulous all day without flaking, running or smudging.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

3 years ago

I have to say I'm not too sure why the ratings are so high for this mascara. Don't get me wrong, overall I thought it was pretty good, but not an incredibly memorable mascara if you think of the hundreds upon hundreds that are out there. Two major cons: 1. It doesn't live up to its' claims. Max Factor mascaras are so raved about - either on the internet or in real life. Everybody and their mother keeps going on about how amazing they are. I'd never tried anything from this brand before and was curious. When it came time to buy a new mascara I was going to buy Too Faced's Better than Sex. However, I saw a video of Fleur De Force mentioning how much she loves Max Factor mascaras and I thought sod it, one of them is called False Lash Effect, it got a high rating on here (makeupalley), let me try that one first. When I tried it the first time, I was disappointed. It gives a decent amount of volume, not much, but not nothing, and it lengthens a little. No spider lashes, no super long lashes touching my eyebrows, no questions about whether my lashes are real or not. For everyday, going to university, it will suffice. You look like you have mascara on. Most mascaras I've tried are usually pretty clumpy, so to have one that separates is a nice change and I'm enjoying the novelty. It does a bit of everything but not an overwhelming amount of one particular thing. If you want a more natural look, one coat of this would be good for you. But as I said, I bought this expecting a false lash effect and did not get that. (And yes, you CAN achieve it, try Rimmel's mascaras!) 2. It doesn't hold a curl. This was surprising to me, as I am not used to this happening at all. Ever. Every mascara I've had has held a curl really well, but not this one. My lashes droop down again hours later, and I get annoyed as it's not the most lengthening mascara out there. It's also more prone to smudging than others I've tried, but only upon application. After that it's fine, so this hasn't really bothered me tbh. Would I repurchase? No, simply because there are so many mascaras out there I would never be able to try them all in my lifetime (unless I was a hoarder!). Would I recommend it? It depends on your lashes and the look you're going for. In general I don't think this would be very good for people with sparse or very short lashes, but medium to long would probably enjoy this. Falsies effect? Look elsewhere. Natural look? One coat of this, yes. Daytime "I've got mascara on" look that gives good length and volume without being too overboard and in your face? This is the mascara for you. It's a good, solid mascara. And I'm enjoying it for the separation. I don't feel one mascara does a brand justice so I wouldn't mind trying out others from this brand in the future, and hopefully someday I'll find out what the hype is about. If I were to be a little more specific I'd probably give this 3.5/5, because it doesn't have any major flaws, but it's not quite good enough to receive a 4 from me.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

This is the best drugstore mascara! I bought it for 3 times and I usually do not buy the same mascara and make some change to try out different things but this is so good and pricey so I am ending up with buying the False Lash again on discount. What can I even say.. I always buy it on discounts so it is sort of cheaper than the others considering its quality. I use the black color and its color is deep as I like. It is very subtle. I doesn't smear or bleed. It doesn't make any irritation on my eyes. It doesn't give you a false lash effect but it is really good for a daytime look. I can have the false lash effect by using benefit's 'they are real' but it is very hard to remove as everybody complains so I use that only on special occasions. The False Lash Effect is easy to remove, so I think it very appropriate for everyday daily usage.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I purchased this a while ago and used it all up fairly quickly, I then forgot about it after purchasing a few more mascaras to try out. Every mascara I tried out after that was either not working or way too pricey! So after walking around in my local drug store, I came across this mascara again and thought, lets try this again! I've been using this everyday since i bought it and I will be repurchasing this forever at this point. It is the only mascara that truly seperates my lashes and makes them look full and amazing. The only downside is the price, in Aus we pay $25 :( but it is still worth it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

I feel like everyone needs a bottle of this in their make up kit. I love this for lengthening! It does not give me the amount of volume i am after so i usually use this mascara as a top up after I've used a volumising mascara. Truley reccommend to anyone wanting some more length in their lashes. Try get it on sale for a bargain.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair