Max Factor False Lash Effect

Max Factor False Lash Effect

4.1

Aqua, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba, Triethanolamine, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, EDTA, [ /- CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499]

on 2/6/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say I'm not too sure why the ratings are so high for this mascara. Don't get me wrong, overall I thought it was pretty good, but not an incredibly memorable mascara if you think of the hundreds upon hundreds that are out there.

Two major cons:

1. It doesn't live up to its' claims.

Max Factor mascaras are so raved about - either on the internet or in real life. Everybody and their mother keeps going on about how amazing they are. I'd never tried anything from this brand before and was curious. When it came time to buy a new mascara I was going to buy Too Faced's Better than Sex. However, I saw a video of Fleur De Force mentioning how much she loves Max Factor mascaras and I thought sod it, one of them is called False Lash Effect, it got a high rating on here (makeupalley), let me try that one first. When I tried it the first time, I was disappointed. It gives a decent amount of volume, not much, but not nothing, and it lengthens a little. No spider lashes, no super long lashes touching my eyebrows, no questions about whether my lashes are real or not.

For everyday, going to university, it will suffice. You look like you have mascara on. Most mascaras I've tried are usually pretty clumpy, so to have one that separates is a nice change and I'm enjoying the novelty. It does a bit of everything but not an overwhelming amount of one particular thing. If you want a more natural look, one coat of this would be good for you.

But as I said, I bought this expecting a false lash effect and did not get that. (And yes, you CAN achieve it, try Rimmel's mascaras!)

2. It doesn't hold a curl.

This was surprising to me, as I am not used to this happening at all. Ever. Every mascara I've had has held a curl really well, but not this one. My lashes droop down again hours later, and I get annoyed as it's not the most lengthening mascara out there.

It's also more prone to smudging than others I've tried, but only upon application. After that it's fine, so this hasn't really bothered me tbh.

Would I repurchase? No, simply because there are so many mascaras out there I would never be able to try them all in my lifetime (unless I was a hoarder!). Would I recommend it? It depends on your lashes and the look you're going for. In general I don't think this would be very good for people with sparse or very short lashes, but medium to long would probably enjoy this.

Falsies effect? Look elsewhere. Natural look? One coat of this, yes. Daytime "I've got mascara on" look that gives good length and volume without being too overboard and in your face? This is the mascara for you.

It's a good, solid mascara. And I'm enjoying it for the separation. I don't feel one mascara does a brand justice so I wouldn't mind trying out others from this brand in the future, and hopefully someday I'll find out what the hype is about. If I were to be a little more specific I'd probably give this 3.5/5, because it doesn't have any major flaws, but it's not quite good enough to receive a 4 from me.

on 12/14/2016 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is the best drugstore mascara! I bought it for 3 times and I usually do not buy the same mascara and make some change to try out different things but this is so good and pricey so I am ending up with buying the False Lash again on discount. What can I even say.. I always buy it on discounts so it is sort of cheaper than the others considering its quality. I use the black color and its color is deep as I like. It is very subtle. I doesn't smear or bleed. It doesn't make any irritation on my eyes. It doesn't give you a false lash effect but it is really good for a daytime look. I can have the false lash effect by using benefit's 'they are real' but it is very hard to remove as everybody complains so I use that only on special occasions. The False Lash Effect is easy to remove, so I think it very appropriate for everyday daily usage.

I purchased this a while ago and used it all up fairly quickly, I then forgot about it after purchasing a few more mascaras to try out.
Every mascara I tried out after that was either not working or way too pricey!
So after walking around in my local drug store, I came across this mascara again and thought, lets try this again!
I've been using this everyday since i bought it and I will be repurchasing this forever at this point. It is the only mascara that truly seperates my lashes and makes them look full and amazing.
The only downside is the price, in Aus we pay $25 :( but it is still worth it.

I feel like everyone needs a bottle of this in their make up kit. I love this for lengthening! It does not give me the amount of volume i am after so i usually use this mascara as a top up after I've used a volumising mascara.
Truley reccommend to anyone wanting some more length in their lashes. Try get it on sale for a bargain.

on 8/31/2016 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this mascara but it doesn't really live up to the 'false lash' claim. It's more of a daytime mascara which, after 3 coats, gives a more wide eyed look. It doesn't sting and isn't clumpy.

My new favourite mascara ! It is absolutely amazing. I've tried classics like rollerlash, they're real and better than sex and this is BETTER. I have short, thin and stumpy lashes and this is the ONLY mascara which gets me compliments without falsies! No complaints !

on 5/22/2016 4:54:00 PM

I've been using this mascara on and off for YEARS! Based purely on application and performance I would give it 4.5 stars hands down! I have short, straight, medium density lashes and this mascara brings the impact that someone with lashes like me is looking for! On the other hand this mascara seems to dry out in the tube quicker than any other formulation I've tried and all my friends who use also tend to agree. However, mascara isn't designed to be held onto for more than a few months so with that in mind it kinda forces you to keep within that ideal hygienic turn over. I have no idea what this does for naturally dense and or curly lashes but for those who need a real boost in the length and density department this mascara will not disappoint. The wand is quite chubby with dense rubberish bristles and personally I think this is where the magic happens. So many wands today seem to over distribute the mascara too quickly resulting in clumps but this wands seems to enable the application of up to four consecutive coats without clumps!

on 4/15/2016 10:32:00 AM

I love this mascara! It really does give your lashes a false lash effect! I like the formula and I like that the colour of the product is really really black. Also, even though the bristles on the wand are quite short, the mascara does a decent job at separating your lashes and coating them individually. Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about this mascara. If you're looking for a good false lash effect mascara, you've found one right here!

on 3/18/2016 6:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Dry texture.

Best mascara I've ever tried. I will always re-purchase this. It goes on really black and it makes my lashes look long and thick without looking clumpy. It even makes them look like they've been curled when they haven't. It's a little pricer than some high street mascaras but it's worth it.

Popular Mascaras