Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this bad boy for 5 years already so here are my thoughts

Pros:
-effective for PIH (hyperpigmentation these are the dark spots on your face. more common on dark skinned people)
-somehow effective for fine lines
-makes your skin smoooothhhh like a baby's bum bum
-good for ice pick scars (when used continuously)
-somehow good for whiteheads
- has licorice extract to calm acne prone skin

Cons:
-not effective on PIE (aka acne marks or broken capillaries. more common on fair skinned people)
-makes your skin sensitive to the sun
-too greasy for oily skinned peeps
-leaves a slightly yellow cast
-could cause zits from time to time

on 12/9/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the 3rd AHA product I've tried and... I'm not really impressed. But then again, I've never been impressed with any BHA (salicylic acid) product I've used either. It takes a lot to make me a raving happy customer.

My skin: oily, acne-prone with I'm menstruating.

I bought this over the other one I've been using (made by Alpha Hydrox) b/c this is proudly vegan & made without animal testing. Got the 6 oz tube and it comes in what I guess is a 12 oz tube, so it was filled up only halfway. There's really no need for such a huge tube; it's clumsily big, more suitable for body lotion rather than something for your face.

on 3/27/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the acne.org regimen for a couple years now & purchased AHA+ recently & I love it! I use it at night, I mix it with the moisturizer & my face feels so soft! I got it to help get rid of my acne scars so I will do an update when I see results.

on 10/24/2013 7:51:00 PM

Broke me out where I never get break out before. My forehead and cheeks to be specific. No thanks I would not buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Sorry but this did nothing for me. If anything it has caused more breakouts and has made my pores look much bigger :/ The only reason I'm not giving it a 1 star is that it didnt burn and it did make my skin softer.

on 9/9/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Purchased last year and still haven't run out off it, seems to last forever! It has a bit of a yellowish texture but fades completely after rubbing in. I use it as a spot treatment or overnight all over my face. My skin seems to get used to it when i put on everything so i switch between Estee lauder serum and AHA+. Stings badly on popped pimples or those whom are painful already! A little goes a long way

on 3/18/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Best decision I ever made for my skin. I was using the benzoyl peroxide treatment for a couple years. It treated my acne but didn't treat scars or dark spots. My skin was clear but red. The aha calmed my skin. When I first applied it, my skin itched. After a week I saw major results. No more redness. All I wear on a daily basis is tarte smooth operator tinted moisturizer and bronzer. No more heavy foundation or powder foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I began using this around my 2nd month on the regime. I was desperate to use anything that would help with the driness and exfoliate my skin. This has helped out my skin SO much. I only use it at night right after my BP and I can see a difference in my skin. I did test it out on my jawline before using this on my face to see how my skin reacted. I have heard some people using this as their night time moistruizer but I can't do that, I still have to moistruize even after using this. At times, it does cause a burning sensation but it's mild and lasts a couple seconds. I just apply a pea size of this. This really helped even out my skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Let me jst say that this product is Aha-mazing! Just two days of using it and i got my backne clear! The only thing i have to worry now is how to get rid of the dark spots the acne left on my back. It keeps my back dry (free of oil) but moisturizes it. I will definitely be buying this again! I love the packaging coz it allows me to get at the every last drop of it but the only problem i have is ordering it online everytime. Its not accessible plus I hate paying for shipping! But i love Aha thats for sure!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product after hearing about it from a youtube guru. I have used retinol and AHA products in the past but I had a major breakout which took a year to clear, and during this time I switched to gentle products and stopped wearing makeup. Now that my skin is finally behaving, I have decided to search for good products that will help me maintain my skin and keep it looking young (I am 26). I have been using this product for a couple weeks and I agree with previous reviewers who say that it burns/stings. This lasts about 10-15 minutes after application. I usually apply it to a clean face before bed and I do not use moisturizer in conjunction with this product. The consistency reminds me of a serum, but it is quite moisturizing. It hasn't broken me out in the short time I have been using it. I think it is clearing up the last of the blemishes that I have, and I haven't gotten any new cystic acne since using it. The smell is quite 'chemical-ish' but I can deal with it. I have not used it on my neck/chest but I use it all over my face. I also wear SPF40 every day on my face. I am willing to repurchase this product provided it does not break me out. If I start to break out again I will stop using it and update this post.

UPDATE:
4 weeks. This stuff is not moisturizing enough to use by itself. I did that for a couple weeks and my face became very dry. Now I use a light moisturizer prior to applying this product. It has not broken me out or caused irritation.

UPDATE:
6 weeks. I still use a moisturizer before applying this product. Avoid contact with eye area because it will dry out that area. I also apply a little extra to anything that might develop into a pimple. it seems to prevent them from developing and clear them faster. so far i like this product. i would advise against using it during the daytime becuase it leaves skin looking shiny. don't forget to use sunscreen.