Caudalie Beauty Elixir

3.5

Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Glycerin*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Potassium Alum, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil*, Commiphora Myrrha Extract*, Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract*, Citral*, Citronellol*, Farnesol*, Geraniol*, Limonene*, Linalool*. *Plant Origin

I used to gym near a Sephora and would pop in and spritz this freely on my face (cheapskate me). I always loved products with essential oils as they worked well . But sadly Not this . This leaves my skin feeling irritated , tight and uncomfortable in a bad way . I kept trying it out as I wanted to buy it , but it constantly felt bad on My skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice luxury product. Feels incredibly refreshing on skin - mostly due to the menthol/peppermint oil included in the formula. The claims for this product are extravagant, and I don't believe that it can do much for you in the long term. It's just fancy overpriced water with essential oils, alcohol and glycerin. No studies back up the claims that this brand makes about this "elixir". I mainly purchased this due to the fine mister/atomizer in hopes to reuse the bottle for my own "setting spray" formulation.. however I was disappointed to learn that it can not be opened or refilled, presumably to prevent customers from returning the product with just refilled water. Overall I'd say that this is not worth the price. It's lovely to have, but 100% unnecessary. You can make your own setting spray with glycerin and distilled or rose water for a few dollars.

I love this spray. I use it morning and night to refresh my skin after cleansing - sort of like a toner. Definitely avoid the eyes as it will sting! It smells lovely and honestly my skin does look better - clearer & more radiant. No idea how or why but it seems to work... It’s expensive for what it is so I buy the big bottles and try to make it last a few months. It’s probably unnecessary but I really enjoy using it & the results.

It's been a week since i use this product and my pores look better so far. I dont know may be the placebo effect:) Smell is heavy, quite flavoured since it contains rosemary.
will keep using it and update the comment.
UPDATED: everything was going well with this product but somehow after 1 month using it caused breakouts, red dots emerged all over my face. Also I felt itcy after use. I broke it up using. Now i only put this on my face as a make-up setting.
Will not purchase it again:(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After my experience with their Huile Divine, I've since then put Caudalie in the top ranks of skincare brands to keep in mind. The Beauty Elixir is Caudalie's "it" product to try - so naturally this was my next Caudalie purchase.

Recently, I've been growing an interest in French beauty philosophies and luxury skincare - the "less is more" mindset and that the secret to French beauty is great skin. I'm about to be 24, so I'm simplifying my makeup routine and investing more in better skincare and keeping a consistent regimen. I read that French women don't really wear foundation and oftentimes sport a bare, natural look - and they use mists to add a kick of hydration and cooling throughout the day.

Let's be clear: My dry skin likes formulations that include fruit extracts and natural ingredients and I always knew grapeseed was good. At first spray, this stuff burns. It's very peppermint-y! But as it turns out, it's very addictive. The Beauty Elixir makes my skin soft, supple, bright, and healthy! I love spritzing this on in the morning and whenever days I'm not wearing makeup to give me an oomph of luxuriousness. This is definitely a skin pampering product. If you're looking for instant results, French beauty isn't about that at all. It's about finding what works best with your skin and treating it well.

The scent could best be described as a minty, rosy fragrance. It's very aromatic - Mathilde Thomas (the creator of Caudalie) says she uses it as a skin refresher: she sprays it on and inhales deeply. I tried this, and calms my senses and relaxes me.
Also, I wouldn't use this as a makeup "setting spray" because makeup would block the absorption of the Elixir and that's a waste of product (it's also not really meant for that).

I love this spray and keep it on my dresser and spritz when I wake and when I go to bed.

The smell is wonderful, I love the amount of product that comes out with each mist. But its sting and burnt my eyes, even after i close my eyes tight.

I tried it prior to applying makeup and as a setting spray as some people claiming that its good as a setting spray compared to mac prep + prime fix+. But i prefer mac as a setting spray. This product does nothing to my makeup.

I think this product worked best as a refresher in my opinion. the scent able to 'wake me up'. I used it after cleanser, before applying my skii toner. It is refreshing, but it isn't worth the money to me.

This has received some bad reviews, and I’m aware that not everyone’s skin reacts positively to any one given product...but this elixir is just that for my skin. A beautiful, gorgeous, herbal elixir! Despite the high price tag for what some would consider scented water, I love-no-I adore this mist. It just does something wonderful for my skin. Not only does it immediately perk me up just from the clean, herbal scent, it also revives my skin and imparts a gorgeous glow. I use this every single morning before I apply my makeup and I swear my makeup applies smoother. I spritz in on to perk my skin up after a long hard day and it does just that-immediately perks me up. If I’m going out after work instead of applying more makeup to dull, tired skin I just spritz a few times, apply some fresh lipstick and voila! Good to go. No wonder the French women covet this product for their chic, natural makeup look. A large bottle of this will last me nearly a year. So, it’s my beauty splurge, and as long as Caudalie continues to make this elixir I will continue to buy it until the end of days.

I love trying out new and different skin care sprays, but always find myself coming back to this one. The smell is wonderful, I love the amount of product that comes out with each mist - it's fine/even not gloopy or too heavy, and I find that my skin looks and feels more beautiful after using this compared to any other sprays I've tried. Will always buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure what this product is meant to achieve apart from a slight sting in the eye when you accidentally get some in that region of your face. Anyway, this was recommended to me when I went into Space NK desperately seeking something that would help my makeup stay fresh throughout an all-night party - without added silicone/without resorting to powder. This was touted as thebestthingsinceslicedbread (or would be the case if you couldn't afford the Omorovicza variant) so I figured why not...

I didn't end up testing it in that manner; I used it as a pick-me-up throughout uber long days at work (which, I figured, amounted to the same thing). Result: nothing happened apart from the afrorementioned sting, a whole lot of feels and a wet face. My tinted moisturiser looked a little oil-slicked by the end of spritz fest #2 and I wasn't being heavy handed with the spritzing at all. And I was using it properly, i.e. shaking the bottle before spritzing so the oils floating around the top mixed with the liquid.

Thankfully, my super sensitive acne-prone skin didn't break out from it despite the essential oil content. Which is always nice.

I don't mind the medicinal fragrance but as a consumer who demands real results from her cosmetic purchases, I was not getting the concrete changes I was seeking (e.g. toned skin/real moisturising properties being the holy grail; okay-ish make-up being minimum standard). This, for me, is a therapeutic aid with all the earthy smells but certainly not skin care.

If anything, this is a nice to have if you have some cash to burn but otherwise, swipe left.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The complexion enhancing promises of this product were not fulfilled on my combination skin. Instead the primary effect was pore congestion. Those with skin on the drier side may have better luck!