Caudalie Beauty Elixir

3.5

Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Glycerin*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Potassium Alum, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil*, Commiphora Myrrha Extract*, Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract*, Citral*, Citronellol*, Farnesol*, Geraniol*, Limonene*, Linalool*. *Plant Origin

I have oily, acne prone skin and i thought i would try this because the beauty guru on youtube recommended it. I always wake up with greasy skin in the morning but when i sprayed my face with this product before bed, i was surprised how good my skin is. And i also use this before i put my make up on. It helps my foundation to stay matte and reduces shine. Love this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find that the scent is too strong, not what I was expecting even with reading the reviews. I prefer Mario Badescu's Facial spray with aloe...the rosewater scent is a lot nicer than this, and about $6 cheaper. I would not buy it again. I purchased this on a whim while watching "what's in my airplane carry on" seemed like every beauty guru had it in their travel makeup bag. I will be taking this on my trip, because, I do have to use it :)

To Read all 216 Reviews, Login or Join

it is anti inflammatory and stes makep beautifully especially poder and mineral foundations. it gives them life. I like the smell and the alcohol used in this product is a fatty alcohol that actually is hydration to the skin, not a drying alcohol.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The legend and cult classic.

Let me first start off with a few disclaimers.

Avid fan of facial toners that I am (I use Thayer's Rose Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel combined with Neutrogena Alcohol Free toner for extra pore refining and cleansing and skin soothing every single day and the same witch hazel combined with the soothing yet exfoliating Pixi Glow Tonic with Glycolic Acid, Aloe Vera, and Red Ginseng every night)

This does not make it into my rotation of facial toners because of the alcohol. I have skin that is far too sensitive and naturally too dry and dehydrated both to tolerate that or even when regularly used as a facial spritzer, which I would do very occasionally in hot weather or in a very localized application, spread into clean hands and gently swirled over specific zits to calm the skin and help dry them up and clear them out, but that is very rare.

What do I use and appreciate this product for then? It's amazing herbal smell. Granted, it is a very "natural" smell and very botanical and earthy (mostly in a "green" minty forest way, rather than a woodsy/musky/dirt (in a good way - think dark and from the ground) way. This for me, is aromatherapy along with my favorite BBW Sandalwood Rose, Nighttime Tea, or Eucalyptus Spearmint body lotions (which due to their glass bottles I don't use near the shower and instead put them by the sink and use them one at a time throughout the Seasons as hand creams) Big bottles last forever for that purpose.

Anywayys, back to the beauty elixir. I simply spray sprays on occasion into my hands, and it is an instant headache cure and sinus clearer for me. Minty to the maximum here, so if you don't like that or are in anyway allergic or irritated by menthol do not go here. Also, notes of rose and rosemary are here, and many more essential oils, but those are the ones that my skin and nose hold and pick up on. Occasionally I will use this as a body spray and it lasts very well. I suspect I will do this even more in the hottest, most humid months we have coming ahead for summertime in the American South,

I recommend this product for its versatility. It even works well as a room spray to clear the stuffy air. Normally, I like warmer/cozier/muskier candles and room sprays and wall plug ins for my home, and use those types of scents year around with pleasure as I hate fruity and most light floral candles and home fragrances marketed for Spring/Summer use, but when a mess is made or garbage is in play and you need renewed freshness, spraying this in the air disspates quickly so as not to compete with the other more musky scents or whatever you might use throughout the home, but does enough to refresh the space quickly.

It's a classic. it's a luxury. A smattering overpriced, especially for all that I use it for and not for its intended facial care purpose. perhaps, but I think a bottle will last and can be preserved for awhile

I would get again, but only on VIB sales and such at Sephora but I'm glad I finally got a whiff of this legendary product, as it is often touted or sometimes tanked for the smell. it is strong so I definitely see why that alone can be polarizing but i like it.

I have very mixed feelings about this one. The product description states that this mist is good as a toner/primer, setting spray, and makeup refresher. It is supposed to "revive the dull skin, soothe, clarify, and provide a burst of radiance". While I agree with the radiance part, the rest is somewhat questionable.

Pros:
- the mist packaging is very convenient, the mist itself is very fine (much finer than MAC Fix + or Smashbox primer water).
- provided a certain luminosity to the skin.
- made the makeup on the oily parts of my combination face (nose and forehead) last a little longer.

Cons:
-the smell is very STRONG!!! It is a combination of alcohol, herbs, and mint - smells like really strong herbal mouthwash or aftershave.
- it contains alcohol (second ingredient on the label), which can be extremely drying. I used it as a primer. My skin is not particularly sensitive, but this stuff BURNED for about 5 minutes after I sprayed it.
- After I took my makeup off, the areas where it burned were red - all over my nose and cheeks.

I got the small bottle as part of a set, and I will definitely not be repurchasing a large size.

Update: I have used up the entire small bottle. The more I used it, the less it burned. I have grown to like it, the more I used it. I will only buy it again as part of a set.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Ok so, I had a look at the ingredients before buying and I was sure it would be drying and irritating. Yet, after reading so many rave reviews I couldn't help it and bought a travel size of this when I found it on a lovely travel kit which included products I know and love (Caudalie lip balm and hand cream). Needless to say, I was disappointed by this 'elixir'.

First things first, this is a toner. The word 'elixir' makes it sound special but it's not, in my opinion. It's housed in a lovely frosted glass bottle which is pretty. It smells really nice, yet strongly herbal. I would not recommend it for people who don't like strong herbal scents. I happen to love that sort of scent, though!

First time I tried it, my eyes burned! For at least 10 minutes! And I made sure to keep my eyes closed while spraying.... Subsequent times I just covered my eyes with one hand while using the other to spray the 'elixir'. It dried and irritated my skin. It gave me no 'glow'. When I sprayed it on top of makeup it did make it look more fresh, but any cheap spray on water can do that.

At one occasion this dried a spot. So when I had a spot yesterday, I got this out of the drawer and sprayed it on my chin only. Guess what? Several painful spots which were not there before appeared yesterday after using this! They are actually quite painful, it hurts when I talk! I know it could have been something else, but it seems that this was, quite likely, the cause. Considering it actually dries my skin out and irritates, I won't bother.

Even though alcohol evaporates, being the 2nd ingredient it seems to be too much. Some of the oils in it are also harsh. Just because it's a natural ingredient, it doesn't mean it's good for you! Cyanide, radium, vinca alkaloids... they're all natural yet they can all kill you!

Overall I think this is one of those products that everyone in 'the industry' raves about... Yet, it proved to be a waste of money. I love my skincare, and I do spend a lot of money on skincare, but this... This is just overpriced irritating alcoholic water! Get a small size or you might regret it :)

I Love this!! I'm on my 4th bottle. I use the smaller bottle because its $19 at Sephora and I got it in a sample set. I go through the bottle in about 2 months. I use it at night after I apply my serum and moisturizer to get extra hydration especially during the winter months when the heat is on in the house and it tends to be drier. I have not experienced any stinging and love the minty fresh scent. I don't use this in the morning when I put make up on because I find it to watery and I want my skin to be matte for my primer and foundation. So if I'm using it in the morning, only if I'm not putting any make up on or going out and just relaxing for spa day. Right before a face mask, it's perfect hydration. Thanks for reading!

This burned my skin! I received this in one of the VIB 500 point perks. I tried it and I've never had a product burn my skin like this. Ouch. I wouldn't even say I have very sensitive skin. I threw it out. I also hated the smell.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I think it's a great pick-me-up thing, and it almost like an espresso shot, but I don't think it's worth the price when you 20-something. Better to buy good moisturiser and serum instead.
I think, when I'll find the good job it will always be in my purse, but till then I'll pause.

I love using this as a pick-me-up. I don't use this as a face mist prior to using my facial oils as I find too much Beauty Elixir has a tendency to irritate my skin as it comes with lots of essential oils, which can be a bad thing for those with extremely sensitive skin.

However, used over makeup during hot afternoons works wonders for me. I have gone through bottles of this, I rarely use it during long haul flights as I find this does dry my combination skin out slightly - I use Avene's Thermal Spray instead.

A wonderful product that will always be part of my beauty routine!