3.5

price range

Reviews

from

6 months ago

This was an impulse buy, I should of known better. It felt nice enough on my skin, but later that night my skin felt dry. I gave it a few more nights, and decided it was over priced and over hyped. I had read reviews, and wondered what I was missing, nothing, nothing at all, there are better toners on the market.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Coarse

from

a year ago

I am not going to repurchase this and heres why Pros- Makes skin look more radiant Non greasy Pretty packaging Cons- Strong herbal weird smell Price Alchohol content irritated my skin Skin felt a bit tight I much prefer Mac Fix plus

About reviewer (425 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I tested this mist at Sephora and it felt soothing and refreshing. I can't tell if what they say really works because I couldn't wait to wipe it off. The fragrance really got to me. It was too strong and I really didn't like it. I must have a weird nose because the SA said we must be only two that didn't like the smell. Might be the rosemary? Everyone else really likes the scent. I had the same issue with Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cleanser. I wish any fragrance they use would dissipate after a short while. Skin Inc. mist has barely any smell but costs more. Pixi mists are cheaper with more variety and is more effective. Avene springwater is my HG staple and can be paired with any other mists or skincare :)

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I wouldn’t say this product is a necessity. I got it as part of a set of various skincare products to try. I used it mainly when I overexfoliated my face with too many topicals. I didn’t find it added any moisture to my face. I use it even after my face healed, I wouldn’t say it’s the end all be all. I like to use it on makeup free days mainly. The smell is lovely. I don’t think I’d buy it again as it’s not a necessity.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

My skin is not sensitive and I can put almost everything on my face. But this left me with a lasting burning sensation... I've tried different combination of products under it to eliminate possible clash between them (and I'm not brave enough to try it on my bare skin) and I've always felt the really unpleasant burning and stinging. EDIT - I don't now what happened... I decided to give it a last try before giving it away and suddenly - it was o.k. Not that tender and pleasant as grape water, but no unpleasant feeling anymore. It could be a good product during the central heating season if your skin can tolerate it

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

a year ago

Pros: nice smell. Some hydration Cons: nozzle don’t work well No impact on face. Don’t see the skin quality change Won’t buy this again. Cannot see any improvement in skin

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Probably completely unnecessary but I can’t lie, I really enjoy this product. The smell is super refreshing and it adds what feels like the perfect final touch to the end of my evening skincare routine. Love how fine the mist is too. Excessive but would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

With 'alcohol' as the 2nd ingredient on the list and potentially irritating 'Rosemary' and 'Peppermint oil' trailing not too far behind, I'm not sure what the product development team behind the Caudalie brand were thinking when they formulated this one! As it isn't too pricey for a 1oz bottle, I decided to purchase the small size to trial although by day 3 of using I found this too drying and slightly irritating for my face. Gave up by the following day and consigned it to my 'has been' closet. Fragrance is also quite high up on ingredients list so possibly that too caused a problem as my skin can be fussy with overly fragranced products. It's like the 'who's who' of potential irritants in here. Glad I didn't splash out on the full size. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

I've read quite tons of reviews on this Elixir and decided to give it a try. For me it's a little bit overhyped of this one. It's definitely a game-changer but not life-changing product. I use it as a toner. That is after cleansed, before serum and moisturizer, in some morning. I'd say it made me glow quite nicely/ radiant with my makeup on. Makeup lasts longer. It's a luxury that I don't think I need it everyday of my life. Just on a special one. or on a day that I feel my face quite dull. And I found a mineral water spritz also could do the job. When putting it on, with so fine a mist it does feel good. But I have to close my eye for a bit longer after finishing misting it on my face as it stung my eyes, because of those mint ingredients. And mind you it does smell like a tiger balm, which will fade out in minutes. So I don't feel it that offputting. One thing I found that it might be good if they also have a travel-friendly bottle version one. All in all, it's a good product to have if you have your money to splurge on.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Did not work.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure