Caudalie Beauty Elixir

3.5

Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Glycerin*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Potassium Alum, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil*, Commiphora Myrrha Extract*, Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract*, Citral*, Citronellol*, Farnesol*, Geraniol*, Limonene*, Linalool*. *Plant Origin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure what this product is meant to achieve apart from a slight sting in the eye when you accidentally get some in that region of your face. Anyway, this was recommended to me when I went into Space NK desperately seeking something that would help my makeup stay fresh throughout an all-night party - without added silicone/without resorting to powder. This was touted as thebestthingsinceslicedbread (or would be the case if you couldn't afford the Omorovicza variant) so I figured why not...

I didn't end up testing it in that manner; I used it as a pick-me-up throughout uber long days at work (which, I figured, amounted to the same thing). Result: nothing happened apart from the afrorementioned sting, a whole lot of feels and a wet face. My tinted moisturiser looked a little oil-slicked by the end of spritz fest #2 and I wasn't being heavy handed with the spritzing at all. And I was using it properly, i.e. shaking the bottle before spritzing so the oils floating around the top mixed with the liquid.

Thankfully, my super sensitive acne-prone skin didn't break out from it despite the essential oil content. Which is always nice.

I don't mind the medicinal fragrance but as a consumer who demands real results from her cosmetic purchases, I was not getting the concrete changes I was seeking (e.g. toned skin/real moisturising properties being the holy grail; okay-ish make-up being minimum standard). This, for me, is a therapeutic aid with all the earthy smells but certainly not skin care.

If anything, this is a nice to have if you have some cash to burn but otherwise, swipe left.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The complexion enhancing promises of this product were not fulfilled on my combination skin. Instead the primary effect was pore congestion. Those with skin on the drier side may have better luck!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think it's funny that this has such a huge cult following. I can't stand the smell. That's my number one reason for not liking this product. Second, I don't know what it does. People just rave about it and I don't see it and don't get me wrong, I love facial mists. I'd dish out the extra $ and buy omorovicza queen of Hungary mist, kerstin Florian, and any number of other mists before this. I'd even recommend the caudalie grape water. This I just can't get into, sorry.

Wow best facial spray i have used! My skin glows pores are smaller and the mist gives a feeling of luxury. I love it and will buy it forever

Lets be clear. I love this elixir for its refreshing and crisp fragrance and cooling effect in summer and I spritz it on my neck and face. As a face toner it is good but not great as it does not significantly alter my skin condition. It leaves my combination skin feeling fresh but not tight.

I am someone who uses acid toners and retinols on a regular basis and I have thick and bumpy skin. Thats why I say this toner does not really treat my skin condition much.. But I love it for the refreshing mist in summer and I will keep a bottle in my toner wardrobe. Handy to have when I am either doing an intensive treatment mask or just want a day off from acids.

I suspect that those with sensitive skin will not like this product. And as for the scent it is green and herbaceous- you will either like it or hate it. This is no sweet girly gourmand scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I buy one bottle in my vacation and I just love it. It has instant refreshing effect on my tired skin at night. Love the smell. Will repurchase for my life time..)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Edit: This is a joke. After using this up in 3 weeks, wit h normal application ( I stopped trying to save it) I feel I wasted my money, I could have bought two full bottle of orange blossom water or rose water, which works better....

It's nice, semll nice, don't see any effect on my skin.. to set makeup I much prefer MAC fix+ and to hydrate my skin I prefer Caudalie eau de raisin... I find it sooo expensive for the amount you get...really don't understand how it became a cult classic.. I feel it's only a nice bottle, even tough you cannot refill with something else after it's finished! how frustating!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use it as a primer and toner. It has a cooling effect so I use it after peeling/mask to soothe my skin. The only bad thing about is the price, small bottle costs 13 euros.

This is a spray mist. It must have a ton of eucalyptus oil in it or something like that. It cools your face, which in summer in Phoenix is very nice however ....
Make sure to close your eyes very tight. One time I must've not done this right and it got into my eyes. Very burning and your eyes will be blood shot.
I have not decided whether I will buy again or not ...

This product is the result of good marketing, it s a nice mist, but overall it s not a miracle product. It smells nice, gives your skin some freshness (if you live in a polluted city, you know freshness matter in areas of the skin) but it s not great. It s way to expensive for what it does to your skin. Some say that it acts like a serum, but that is not true at all. I would still repurchase it if I had nothing better to do with my money.