4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

25 days ago

Pros! Leaves no white cast on my fair skin. The tint makes my skin look smooth. My skin is protected- no sun burn. No irritation on my rosacea skin & does not cause breakouts for me!❤️

About reviewer (146 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2 months ago

I am 45 years old, and I have SERIOUSLY been on a crusade to find a sunscreen that doesn't break me out -- it seems like it's been forever! This is the first one that absolutely doesn't. It also doesn't leave a white cast, and the tint serves to both even out skin tone AND help me make sure I'm applying sunscreen all over my face. The only negative aspect is it's a bit drying. I compensate for this by making sure my face has plenty of moisture steps before applying the SPF, and then I put lotion on my eye area (Vanicream) before makeup.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

5 months ago

The pros are that it is truly gentle and non-irritating. There is no cast on my light skin either. however it is flaky and has some pilling which makes it cosmetically inelegant. In order for me to look presentable wearing it, I had to go over it with a damp beauty blender which probably reduces the efficacy of sun protection somewhat. It is not greasy and goes on quite matte. UPDATE: I realized I have to apply moisturiser before using this sunscreen OR apply it over unwashed skin in the morning. That solves the flakiness issue. As for the pilling, I found that I need to apply the sunscreen very fast to avoid pilling. Once I got the hang of it, it is no issue. I have gotten compliments on looking great ever since using this sunscreen since I finally have no white, sickly looking cast.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

Love, love love!!! I am so shocked to see the low rating this wonderful sunscreen has. I was using Urban Decay One and Done SPF 20 in the shade ‘light’.... but since discovering this, I no longer need a foundation. Goes on like a dream, blends beautifully into my light to medium skin normal skin, isn’t irritating or drying and doesn’t burn my eyes because it’s mineral, not chemical. Sometimes I use a light moisturizer underneath it, but most times just a dab of moisturizer around my eyes. I find it moisturizing on its own. I can use the recommended amount to get the SPF protection, and it never looks like too much, my skin just seems to soak it right up without it ever looking too heavy. Yes, it is on the sheer side, but anything it doesnt cover can easily be touched up with concealer. I wait about 15 minutes after applying, and then any noticeable sheen can be powdered down with any face powder. No shine comes thru the powder as the day goes on, and it doesn’t oxidize...just fresh looking, smooth skin until I wash it off at night. It provides dermatologist recommended protection, it looks great, it doubles as a foundation. The price is much less than I was paying for my foundation too. I checked the EltaMD website for places to buy, and found a doctor right in my town. $25 for 3oz. Will use this for as long as it is available!

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

a year ago

The best for me. I would like a lighter tint (nc 15 )but that doesn’t detract me from buying again and again this spf. Most of the days i just set it with powder and i am good to go.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

The best and great for oily skin. You also get the most for your money. The tint appears dark but blends well into my fair to light medium skin. It may be too dark for someone who is super fair. It also protects from visible light that helps to contribute to melasma. My only concern is that the ingredients are listed alphabetically rather than in order, which some think that is necessary since this is a drug, BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE. Companies have a choice when they list their ingredients for sunscreen. A company like Paula's Choice will choose to list their ingredients in descending order, which is best for the customer, so they know exactly what they're putting on their face. I find it funny when people buy Korean or Japanese sunscreen. 1. The label is in another language and they can't possibly know what they're putting on their face. 2. Have they ever been to Korea or Japan? The skin in those countries are not better and I would say is even worse than those in America! Yuk! Sun damage and acne scars everywhere - hidden by makeup that is ghost like.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

2 years ago

Needs more shades but the tint works suprisingly well on my pale AF skin (NW10-13 maybe), it looks a bit dark but it's so sheer and very neutral-toned. I think it may be more problematic on deeper skin tones. On me it gives the tiniest hint of color (redness) correction, somewhat similar to the Bareminerals Primer BB Cream SPF30 (somewhere between Light and Fair) though that one is much more slippery and silicone-y than this. This sets fairly quickly, and doesn't have so much glide that it feels hard to apply enough for adequate SPF. I haven't tried this under foundation yet, tho it seems like it should work, but I've taken to using this + a semi sheer powder as my daytime base this summer. I'm really impressed with this actually. Even though I'm in Europe and don't have to rely on the puzzle of "non-whitening" zinc oxide for excellent photo-stable non-toxic UVA protection, I haven't really found a face sunscreen that doesn't mess with my skin too much. Didn't think I was going to end up choosing a physical-only sunscreen - but this really is good. Too bad it's so expensive.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I purchased this after watching Dr Dray's videos as this is her staple sunscreen. I started using Differin at night recently and using Biore UV Watery Essence burns my face. So I jumped the gun and bought this without having tried it, haha. Pros: - light weight - buildable - tint is natural (I'm usually NC20-25, but my face looks sunburnt from Differin) - completely non-irritating to my now-fragile skin - looks great under liquid foundation (I wore Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in a humid and warmish weather, and it looked great after walking around Mong Kok, Hong Kong the whole afternoon) Cons: - a little bit greasy feeling after application but it could be that I didn't give it enough time to absorb before starting my makeup routine - a bit pricey but a little goes a long way

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I love Elta MD and adore their UV sport moisturizer, which is the only thing I've found that contains physical sunscreen but doesn't make me look like a ghost when I sweat. So I expected to like this but...I didn't. I found it very drying, and despite my best efforts to finish the tube (I hate wasting product) I ended up chucking it. The tint was okay, and blended in with a little rubbing, but it might be nice if they came out with a few shades of this for darker skin folks because, as much as they want to say it's one-size-fits-all, it's not. It's for white people who aren't too pale. If your complexion is light and your skin is oily you will probably love this.

About reviewer (283 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I really like this physical sunscreen. I live in Australia and get it sent from the U.S. it doesn’t leave my skin a washed out color like other zinc-based sunscreens and I don’t break out.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure