Acne.org Cleanser

Acne.org Cleanser
Cleanser

4.2

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA

on 3/30/2017 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin, and it's so hard to find products that suit my skin well. Although the cleanser does a great job in removing makeup and giving you the squeaky clean feeling, it broke me out. They were tiny pimples throughout my face, but largely situated on my forehead. I've realized that I'm sensitive to formaldehyde-releasing preservatives, which this products contains, and can cause dermatitis. It took me three months of using this product to realize it was this cleanser causing it because it was the only thing that changed in my regimen. Once I stopped using it, I saw immediate improvement in a week.

on 3/20/2017 9:09:00 AM

I started getting acne in my teenage years. Tried a lot of products to clear my acne and acne scars from the Black African soap to Kojie-san lighting soap to derma roller etc. Before I come across this product I bought myself the Benzac 2.5% Benyoyl Peroxide which is similar to this. It works a miracle and then I met this product through youtube. Decided to try it as I find it more secure to use the same brand product range for better results.

I bought the kit that comes with the pump cleanser, tube treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) and pump moisturiser. I also purchased the AHA+ to help with my old acne scars.

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER. You do not need much effort scrubbing your face. You just placed a little on your palm and start making bubbles/foam and just spread around your face effortlessly for 10 seconds. After washing off, YOUR FACE FEELS SO CLEAN. The cons of this product is, it is very pricey. I stay in Singapore and the shipping cost a bomb. So after this bottle, I stopped and tried finding another similar gentle cleanser. I started using Cetaphil however it did not give me similar satisfying results which is why, I END UP BUYING ANOTHER BOTTLE OF THIS GOODNESS! This is a must try. Feel for yourself. This is the best cleanser I have ever used. THUMBS UP!

As I mentioned, I bought the kit therefore I will review the other products separately. Cheers!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This does everything I could want a cleanser to do. I don't care to have too much fanciness going on with my cleansers since you're washing it right off. It's vegan, cruelty free, and removes makeup. That's all I'm looking for. Also extremely affordable. I plan on testing out the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser next, but if that doesn't work out then I may repurchase this. I've already repurchased it once before.

on 3/2/2017 9:20:00 PM

I love this cleanser!! The lather is incredible & it gets all my makeup off. It's also really inexpensive on amazon which I appreciate since you don't have to go out of your way to order it.

I bought this regimen for my son. I had high hopes, but it seemed to make his skin worse. I switched to a cleanser with no SLS as I am allergic to it myself. I am so frustrated, but he has a prescription from his doctor along with a new sls free cleanser and oil free moisturizer. I am hoping they will work. I hate acne:(

I absolutely love this product. It did wonders for my skin. I know some people are hesitant to try this regimen because they are scared to go without makeup. I figured out how you don't have to! :)

I hope this video helps someone.

on 4/8/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited August 18th 2016:
I don't use this product anymore. It was just too drying for my skin. This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good cleanser that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org Cleanser alone.

I agree with the reviews saying that this cleanser made their skin drier... You do get a little bit dry if you rub too much and for too long or/and if you don't moisturize after. I just make sure to be gentle and moisturize. Sometimes, it's still a little bit dry after (drier during the winter), but it's not too bad. I haven't found my HG cleanser, but this is the only one that is close...Doesn't clog my pores and cleans my face really well. Also, it's expensive to buy online for me but still okay since I buy the big bottles (16 oz.) which last for a while.

I don't wear makeup, I just use sunscreen in the morning and moisturizer at night. I have sensitive/combination skin - acne-prone (skin is more dry during the winter but still gets oily in the t-zone, a little bit more oily during the summer... I don't have very oily skin)

This cleanser doesn't remove well zinc based moisturizer, water-resistant sunscreen or heavy mineral sunscreen. You will have to double-cleanse or use a makeup remover before.

I don't recommend this cleanser if you have dry to very dry skin. Even with my combination skin I sometimes get dry skin after washing my face with this cleanser. Except if you moisturize a lot, I don't think this cleanser will work for drier skin in the long term.

on 1/3/2016 3:59:00 PM

I really love this cleanser- it's become my most reliable cleanser out of everything I use.

I wasn't too fond of it at first because I didn't really know if it really cleaned my face or not because there isn't particularly a lot of lather. However, one day I decided to try this again and it took off all my face makeup and waterproof eye makeup without stinging my eyes!! So I've been using it ever since that day (a year or two ago) or so and I'm on my 3rd bottle.

Ever since I started using this, my acne went from being there to being practically non-existent (I follow up with acne.org's treatment). It has no scent either, and it just keeps my skin clear. Nothing more I could ask for :) I just kind of hate having to order it online, but it works well so I keep doing so anyway.

ok so for the first time i used it it made my skin feel good but in two days of using it it just dried my skin out and made me breakout to places i havent broken out before.ill stick to my good old cetaphil.

on 9/10/2015 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It works for all intensive purposes, but it is not my favorite. It seems kinda runny and I don't feel as though it cleans quite as well or removes makeup that good also. My go to is Purpose face wash which I highly recommend. This one is average. Not bad, but not that exceptional.