Acne.org Cleanser

Acne.org Cleanser
Cleanser

4.2

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA

I absolutely love this product. It did wonders for my skin. I know some people are hesitant to try this regimen because they are scared to go without makeup. I figured out how you don't have to! :)

I hope this video helps someone.

on 4/8/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited August 18th 2016:
I don't use this product anymore. It was just too drying for my skin. This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good cleanser that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org Cleanser alone.

I agree with the reviews saying that this cleanser made their skin drier... You do get a little bit dry if you rub too much and for too long or/and if you don't moisturize after. I just make sure to be gentle and moisturize. Sometimes, it's still a little bit dry after (drier during the winter), but it's not too bad. I haven't found my HG cleanser, but this is the only one that is close...Doesn't clog my pores and cleans my face really well. Also, it's expensive to buy online for me but still okay since I buy the big bottles (16 oz.) which last for a while.

I don't wear makeup, I just use sunscreen in the morning and moisturizer at night. I have sensitive/combination skin - acne-prone (skin is more dry during the winter but still gets oily in the t-zone, a little bit more oily during the summer... I don't have very oily skin)

This cleanser doesn't remove well zinc based moisturizer, water-resistant sunscreen or heavy mineral sunscreen. You will have to double-cleanse or use a makeup remover before.

I don't recommend this cleanser if you have dry to very dry skin. Even with my combination skin I sometimes get dry skin after washing my face with this cleanser. Except if you moisturize a lot, I don't think this cleanser will work for drier skin in the long term.

To Read all 186 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/3/2016 3:59:00 PM

I really love this cleanser- it's become my most reliable cleanser out of everything I use.

I wasn't too fond of it at first because I didn't really know if it really cleaned my face or not because there isn't particularly a lot of lather. However, one day I decided to try this again and it took off all my face makeup and waterproof eye makeup without stinging my eyes!! So I've been using it ever since that day (a year or two ago) or so and I'm on my 3rd bottle.

Ever since I started using this, my acne went from being there to being practically non-existent (I follow up with acne.org's treatment). It has no scent either, and it just keeps my skin clear. Nothing more I could ask for :) I just kind of hate having to order it online, but it works well so I keep doing so anyway.

ok so for the first time i used it it made my skin feel good but in two days of using it it just dried my skin out and made me breakout to places i havent broken out before.ill stick to my good old cetaphil.

on 9/10/2015 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It works for all intensive purposes, but it is not my favorite. It seems kinda runny and I don't feel as though it cleans quite as well or removes makeup that good also. My go to is Purpose face wash which I highly recommend. This one is average. Not bad, but not that exceptional.

on 4/19/2015 8:56:00 PM

I started the regime about 6 months ago. At first my skin got worse and I wanted to give up. Today my skin is much better with occasional break outs and left over scars. Still cannot get rid of my under skin acne though. This cleanser and the rest of the regime has been wonderful and brought me a long way from where I started. The only downfall is now my skin even 6 months later is very dry. I have never had dry skin in my life so I had to switch foundations to avoid clinging to dry patches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have finally found my HG cleanser!!!!! I have struggled with cystic, hormonal acne for 10+ years and The Regimen has cleared my skin 100%!!!! I follow the instructions found on Acne.org's website as religiously as I can and it REALLY WORKS!!!
I am using Dan's cleanser, BP and AHA.
( I also use Kate Somerville's oil-free moisturizer,
Somalian Frankincense, Roman Chamomile and Helicrysum essential oils to counter dryness from the BP)

This cleanser is extremely gentle, Fragrance and dye-free! It foams beautifully and washes my makeup off without any problems. I actually use Shisheido Cotton pads soaked in water to rinse it off because splashing my face with water tends to soak everything in my entire bathroom. Dan recommends against using anything besides your bare hands but I find the cotton pads are gentle enough and more effective at rinsing then my bare hands.
I also use this cleanser on my makeup brushes--it's perfect!!!

I absolutely recommend The Regimen to anyone that suffers from acne, it's very affordable and WILL clear you 100%!!!! I am so happy I FINALLY FOUND A SYSTEM THAT WORKS!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: takes make up off very well, no scent, foaming formula. Con: very drying.

I have combination skin with oily t-zone where I have acne. This cleanser dries out the skin on my face like nothing else!

An update: it is not as drying when used once a day. I only use it at night when I take off make up and it works well. After that I apply benzoyl peroxide gel and acne.org moisturizer. The trick is not use the wash more than once a day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think EVERYONE can use this cleanser. I have gone through so so so so so many in my skin care journy, and this is it folks. THIS IS MY HG. I do use two pumps and it lathers SO WELL. I barely have to touch my face at and it cleans really well. If you wear makeup, us a makeup remover before hand.

Pros: cheap, easy to use, no weird smell, cleanse great, helps keep skin clear, rinses clean

Con: I WANT A BIGGER BOTTLE LOL

on 2/23/2015 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite cleanser, I tend to notice less breakouts while using it and it keeps my skin soft.